Appeals which have been closed.
vcordie
Byond Username: Vcordie

[dorsidwarf] vcordie - Week ban and headban

Post by vcordie » #231170

Byond account and character name: vcordie, Kaff Eine
Banning admin: dorsidwar
Ban type (What are you banned from?): ban from bagil, also headban
Ban reason and length: Flooded plasma as the RD, killing 5 people because of Kors shitty fucking joke PR being testmerged, huge asshole in apm about it.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2:24pm eastern time
Your side of the story: The round before and the round the plasma flood took place, everyone had their ids removed and replaced with sniper rifles.....this kills the roleplay. One round of this shenanigans is fine, but more then that and I'm just pissed off. I came here to have fun and roleplay, not random death match.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Considering the round was already screwed up, and since dorsidwarf could apparently do nothing about it, he should have just made everyone antags or done SOMETHING other then just remove all the sniper rifles and give us no ids or anything. I want to play. I want to roleplay. I don't want it to be just random deathmatch. Why we all spawned with sniper rifles for two rounds in a row is beyond me, but it was dumb. It was a stupid decision, and punishing me for plasma flooding (which killed people, therefor i guess "ruining their round") when the round is already ruined because everyone just has sniper rifles and no access is ridicilous. nobody's going to do their job and rp when there's nonsense like that going on. I flooded to get the shuttle called and the round ended, hoping that maybe next round the admins would stop giving everyone sniper rifles.
Tl;dr: admins gave everyone sniper rifles for two rounds. round was nonsense, so did plasma flood to force round end and hope next round wouldnt have everyone with sniper rifles.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Re: [dorsidwarf] vcordie - Week ban and headban

Post by Wyzack » #231171

Ebin. Maybe I should go on a murder rampage every time a round that I don't like happens. Eat shit
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #231173

Because flooding plasma will improve roleplay
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #231175

Someone actually testmerged this?
vcordie
Byond Username: Vcordie

Post by vcordie » #231177

Yes, they did. And it was awful. Two rounds of that bullshit.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #231182

Why would you ban someone for being a meme in a meme round
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #231183

This has been lifted and the PR removed from the server
TehSteveo
Byond Username: TehSteveo

Post by TehSteveo » #231217

Yes, the round is fucked from the PR; yet any other times something gets merged and breaks things we generally don't let people go wild doing stupid shit. Flooding plasma isn't the best response to such things because it isn't going the way you want it to. Similar to how flooding plasma because the map is something you don't like. As such, Dorsi unbanned you; but consider what I said a warning.
Freedom
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #231358

I would add 2 things: the RD and CMO didn't spawn with rifles but regular IDs (check the code in the PR), and Dorsi made a custom poll after the first meme round asking if people wanted the rifles mass deleted, explaining that it would also mean no ID. Everyone voted to remove them. When they realised they had no ID, shouting and ooc spam ensued until Dorsi spawned 500 all access IDs for everyone. Dorsi handled the situation in the best way he could and OP was probably pissed anyway because he didn't get his rifle.