[sometinyprick] supino99 - Multikeying (2 years ago)

Appeals which have been closed.
Honkmainster

[sometinyprick] supino99 - Multikeying (2 years ago)

Post by Honkmainster » #232144

Byond account and character name: Supino99

Banning admin: sometinyprick

Ban type (What are you banned from?): all tg servers

Ban reason and length: Multikeying and permaban

Time ban was placed (including time zone):2014-12-22 (11:32:02)

Your side of the story: I was trying to introduce my brother to the Wonderful world of spees stetion 13 but Admin didn't understand so I and my brother got banned because he have same IP and similar byond names ...

Why you think you should be unbanned: uhm .... its going to be 2 years ? ... uhm... I see a lot changed last time I saw tg ... so can you unban me ? please ?
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: [sometinyprick] supino99 - Multikeying (2 years ago)

Post by Saegrimr » #232168

Honkmainster wrote:Your side of the story: I was trying to introduce my brother to the Wonderful world of spees stetion 13 but Admin didn't understand so I and my brother got banned because he have same IP and similar byond names ...
So after numerous silly ahelps about

[10:51:44]ADMIN: HELP: Supino99/(Supino99): HHow can I become Nuke ops ?

The next round you ghost and start hanging around the nuke base, meanwhile Supino97 logs in and joins the round normally.

97 then logs out once you're asked why you have two accounts logged in.

[11:26:15]ADMIN: PM: Sometinyprick/(Leo Bonhart)->Supino97/(Duke Syberton): Hey you mind explaining why you have two accounts logged in at the same time?
[11:27:28]ADMIN: HELP: Supino99/(Bain Black): To coder : can you at that we should able to build Shutter with buttons ? - heard by 3 non-AFK admins who have +BAN.
[11:27:50]ADMIN: Stickymayhem/(Grinds-The-Humies) : I am going
[11:27:53]ADMIN: Stickymayhem/(Grinds-The-Humies) : To scream
[11:27:56]ADMIN: PM: Sometinyprick/(Leo Bonhart)->Supino97/(Duke Syberton): If you don't respond I'm going to ban you for multikeying.
[11:28:16]ADMIN: PM: Sometinyprick/(Leo Bonhart)->Supino99/(Bain Black): Mind explaining why you are logged in on two accounts?
[11:28:27]ADMIN: PM: Supino99/(Bain Black)->Sometinyprick/(Leo Bonhart): what ? wait ?...
[11:28:33]ACCESS: Logout: Supino97[DC]/(Duke Syberton)
[11:28:42]ADMIN: PM: Sometinyprick/(Leo Bonhart)->Supino99/(Bain Black): Supino97 and Supino99.
[11:28:49]ADMIN: Stickymayhem/(Grinds-The-Humies) : Would you do the honours or shall I? Shitstorm will be inevitable but easily handled
[11:28:55]ADMIN: Sometinyprick/(Leo Bonhart) : If he denies it I'm just going to outright ban him.
[11:29:00]ADMIN: Stickymayhem/(Grinds-The-Humies) : Good practice for fuckwits
[11:29:15]ADMIN: BlessedHeretic/(Blessed H. Legionare) : i just think he thought
[11:29:15]ADMIN: PM: Supino99/(Bain Black)->Sometinyprick/(Leo Bonhart): ah thats my brother
[11:29:19]ADMIN: BlessedHeretic/(Blessed H. Legionare) : top
[11:29:21]ADMIN: BlessedHeretic/(Blessed H. Legionare) : kek
[11:29:22]ADMIN: BlessedHeretic/(Blessed H. Legionare) : most
[11:29:25]ADMIN: BlessedHeretic/(Blessed H. Legionare) : common
[11:29:27]ADMIN: BlessedHeretic/(Blessed H. Legionare) : response
[11:29:29]ADMIN: Stickymayhem/(Grinds-The-Humies) : yes
[11:29:31]ADMIN: Stickymayhem/(Grinds-The-Humies) : Ban them
[11:29:31]ACCESS: Login: Supino97/(Duke Syberton) from || BYOND v506
[11:29:31]ACCESS: Notice: Supino97/(Duke Syberton) has the same IP () as Supino99/(Bain Black).
[11:30:01]ADMIN: PM: Supino99/(Bain Black)->Sometinyprick/(Leo Bonhart): I just told him about this game and ...I dont know he s trying to join ?
[11:30:23]ADMIN: PM: Sometinyprick/(Leo Bonhart)->Supino99/(Bain Black): You are being banned for multikeying. If the other account is really your brother make a unban request on the forums and provide timestampted evidence.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #232191

shoe...
on....
HEAD!
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
starmute
Byond Username: Starmute

Post by starmute » #232194

Honkmainster wrote:Byond account and character name: Supino99

Banning admin: sometinyprick

Ban type (What are you banned from?): all tg servers

Ban reason and length: Multikeying and permaban

Time ban was placed (including time zone):2014-12-22 (11:32:02)

Your side of the story: I was trying to introduce my brother to the Wonderful world of spees stetion 13 but Admin didn't understand so I and my brother got banned because he have same IP and similar byond names ...

Why you think you should be unbanned: uhm .... its going to be 2 years ? ... uhm... I see a lot changed last time I saw tg ... so can you unban me ? please ?

Hi on the oft chance this was a mistake and you are new to space station 13 then let me help you understand why you were banned.

You were banned for the fact that you were 'multi-keying'

Here's the thing. Generally 'multi-keying' is using two keys at the same time to play as two people in a game, most video games discourage this.

Often multi-keying causes metagaming.

What is Metagaming?

Metagaming: Using information acquired out of character to influence the actions in character. An example is learning who the traitor is from IRC, a friend on another computer, through voip or through ingame OOC chat and than acting on this information.

If players are sharing the same IP or know each other in real life or the like, inform the admins first, otherwise it may look suspicious. Players are allowed to introduce new players that they know to the game but all communication and explanations should be done in game if possible. Admins can also help in these situations if requested.

Regardless 'multi-keying' is usually a permi-ban offense, one of the most common responses to a multi-key accusation is "its my brother" and many administrators don't believe the player in question. Typically these bans stick, sometimes if they feel lenient administrators may ask you to to choose one account to play on and ban the other accounts.

Anyways a ghost running around and knowing what round it is very suspicious. Its not unreasonable that the admins ask for a photo with a time stamp to prove that there are two brothers in fact living under the same roof.

EDIT
With a shoe on your head.
Last edited by starmute on Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Honkmainster

Post by Honkmainster » #232201

I am really sorry

You banned me nearly a 2 years ago ... I was really terrible normie and greytider that time ...

BUT !!!

I changed since then ... (and my brother too !)

And I know your server have great standards and are overal better that most populated serves on hub (and off hub)...

I was/am fool that I didn't ask admins for approval ... and I was cuck

so can you be so nice... ? please ?

and unban me ?

edit:
ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:shoe...
on....
HEAD!
yea just like Head of Shitcurity often says... "put a boots into him ... MEDIUM STYLE"
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #232207

Shoe on Head means you have to take a picture with your alleged brother in a weird pose [usually putting a shoe on your heads] then send it to an admin to prove that you are two different people and you aren't just lying.
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #232210

Uhh, besides the similar names, nothing indicates that they were actually multikeying, since the accounts don't share the CID(unless you were using a 2nd computer besides you/a VM).
Honkmainster

Post by Honkmainster » #232357

Well.... brother's notebook is 20 m away from my PC ....

and I fucking told him not to come to my room when I am playing spees stetion 13...
ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:Shoe on Head means you have to take a picture with your alleged brother in a weird pose [usually putting a shoe on your heads] then send it to an admin to prove that you are two different people and you aren't just lying.
no no no noooo NO ... no WAY !

Look .. I just want you to unban me for ban that happend nearly 2 YEARS AGO !!

That time I was shitty newbie which robust itself to death by toolbox trying to open it ... on paradise I released N2O canister thinking its going to be fun ...

welp it wasn't (at least for admin ...)

on yog I said N word into space abyss and .... * BWOINK * - Permakicked into groin...

.... and all these things happend 2 YEARS AGO ....

just ...please
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #232361

I think (hope) Cobby was joking about taking a picture.
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #232365

I don't think there is much issue with unbanning you after its been two years provided the listed above if you can agree to read and understand the rules; ok?
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #232366

I was hence the format.
Honkmainster

Post by Honkmainster » #232370

okay .... I'll read em all again ...
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #232402

Alrighty, you're unbanned. Make sure to follow those rules and have fun! Cheers! : )
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
Honkmainster

Post by Honkmainster » #232641

Okand37 wrote:Alrighty, you're unbanned. Make sure to follow those rules and have fun! Cheers! : )
Thank you very much and PRAISE THE HONKMOTHER !!! HONK !!!!