Appeals which have been closed.
itsswagga
Byond Username: Swaggaboy112

[tehsteveo] Swaggaboy112 - Perma Command Ban

Post by itsswagga » #234425

Byond account and character name: Swaggaboy112 - DUDE WEED ELL EMM AYY OHH
Banning admin: tehsteveo
Ban type: Command jobban
Ban reason and length: Not fit for command positions. As HoP named themselves "DUDE WEED ELL EMM AYY OHH" causing plenty of problems in a round. The next round they named themselves "Weid Smohkar Phortuweni" which is just as bad and then left without adminhelping that they had to go.
Time ban was placed (including time zone):2016-11-30 14:09:46. (my timezone is GMT+4)
Your side of the story: So I felt memey and named myself DUDE WEED ELL EMM AYY OHH for laughs. I was an assistant and went to the HoP, asked for all access and the HoP actually made me Captain (HoP was antag) I then took some Captain items, bought the asteroid meme shuttle, and wandered around the station, trying to help people and be useful, wanting to show people my stupid name. I didn't grief or kill anyone or powertrip as "Captain", the HoP made a lizard also Captain. I then called the shuttle to "smoke some weed bro" because antags were running wild and destroying everything, everyone wanted to go home.
Why you think you should be unbanned: First of all, yes the stupid name was wrong and I've stopped doing that. A dayban for that is fine. But I was an Assistant, NOT the HoP. I was an assistant doing assistant doings, if I was going to be professional and Command-like I'd sign up for a Command job. Also, next round I'm pretty sure I wasn't Command or Sec, why do I need to ahelp?. tehsteveo needs to do his research before banning, I was just an assistant with a dumb name, a warning about the name would've been fine, he could have just changed it. So yeah a Command perma jobban even though I have hardly played Command, please lift it.
TehSteveo
Byond Username: TehSteveo

Re: [tehsteveo] Swaggaboy112 - Perma Command Ban

Post by TehSteveo » #234452

This ban was more for you to explain yourself and your actions on the forums. Here's the breakdown; you end up in a command position regardless of round start status that you had in the previous round severely violation OOC in IC with that name as was as many things you have said. It was ahelped plenty of times and was why I daybanned you.

Yet that's not all here. Next round, which I was there at this point because of the previous round, you joined as the roundstart HoP named "Weid Smohkar Phortuweni" which by the way throws your statement of "...if I was going to be professional and Command-like I'd sign up for a Command job," out the window. You ended up leaving before I could talk with you. The biggest thing is you failed to notify admins through an Ahelp with a simple message that would likely resulted in me talking with you real quick about dumb names, the OOC in IC, and then it'd just been more likely just a dayban.

So, no. I do not need to do my research when I know what I saw. I'm going to lift it as you finally came around to post yet I'm conflicted as it almost feels like you are not going to stop and/or fail to realize what was wrong.
Freedom
TehSteveo
Byond Username: TehSteveo

Post by TehSteveo » #234546

Bans were lifted. Don't be stupid and think you can do the dumb name thing nor ahelp to leave as a head of staff. Even if nobody is on it will go to IRC so we are aware.
Freedom
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #234549

Looks like this is all wrapped up, have fun! : )
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?