Appeals which have been closed.
Mengzy
Byond Username: Mengzy

[ bgobandit ] mengzy - Head Ban

Post by Mengzy » #242421

Byond account and character name: mengzy / Borris Hovendoff
Banning admin: bgobandit
Ban type: Playing as heads of staff/captain
Ban reason and length: Suicide and logging off. Length unknown.
Time ban was placed: 2017-01-09 03:45:35. TZ: America/Chicago
Your side of the story: I'm not going to try to sugarcoat this. Yes, I committed suicide and logged. however, I thought this wouldn't have mattered much, as it was a particularly slow night.
Why you think you should be unbanned: While there isn't an outright reason, I do regret my choice. And I'd love to return to fully enjoying the game now that my mistake has been made clear. Thank you.
TehSteveo
Byond Username: TehSteveo

Re: [ bgobandit ] mengzy - Head Ban

Post by TehSteveo » #242427

Alright. The biggest thing here to avoid any future issues is if you can not or do not want to play; just let admins know you have to go and even let rest of command know that way they can transfer captain to someone else. I'll go ahead and lift this as the ban is more to try to make people aware of Rule 5 and it's precedents as to not repeat it in the future.
Freedom
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Re: [ bgobandit ] mengzy - Head Ban

Post by bandit » #242458

Hi, thanks for posting on the forums. I do want to add one quick note, though.

If this is the ban I am thinking of, then specifically it was an instance of suiciding during a blob round. If this is not your reasoning then disregard, but at least one other head said he suicided because he didn't want to play a blob round as head of staff. This isn't a valid reason to suicide. If you have to go do something IRL that's completely understandable, but suiciding because you don't want to play a roundtype isn't acceptable behavior for heads of staff (if we allowed it in rev, for instance, then there would be no lasting rev rounds ever again.)
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls