[TheGel] The_Vinyl_Scratch - Banned for helping traitor

Appeals which have been closed.
Reviire
Byond Username: Reviire

[TheGel] The_Vinyl_Scratch - Banned for helping traitor

Post by Reviire » #18938

Byond account and character name: The_Vinyl_Scratch / Mikhail Bronislav

Banning admin: TheGel

Ban reason and length: Helping a traitor get released, covering up his murders, helping him subvert the AI.

Time ban was placed (including time zone): I don't remember, sorry. 6PM +10GMT? Best guess.

Your side of the story: So, the round started, I was an assistant. I ran off to get tools and insulated gloves, like I always do. Jim Otis yells over the radio, "I'm going to go on a killing spree" or something along those lines. I come across him with the dead/near dead HoP, who he was dragging while he had a double esword. A securitron gets him, so i pick up the energy sword and kill the Securitron, and give it back to him. I get all access from this, so i go to work as HoP. He then kills the HoS, which i had no part in.

He makes himself captain, and everyone accepts it. He then goes to clone the HoS and HoP, but the HoP was unclonable. HoS had brain damage from cloning, I fixed it for him. HoS seemed fine with the traitor being captain (He never once tried to arrest us, and if he tried to arrest Jim, I wouldn't have interfered.)

A bit later on, a traitor emags into the Captain's quarters, and from what I got out of it (I never bothered to ask), the traitor tried to kill Jim. I went in there when I heard the pAI yell Jim was killing an innocent (I think it said innocent). I asked Jim what it was about, and he showed me the Emag the traitor had. (I knew Jim couldn't get an emag, due to him having a double energy sword). AI bolted us down. We wanted to change it's laws, so it wouldn't do this. We go to the upload, Jim wants to upload Paladin, but I don't want to due to personal reasons (Every time I see Paladin, it's accompanied by plasma and crushy doors). I vote for TYRANT (TYRANT is a good, underused lawset. It gives the AI enough power for it to be fun, while not giving it total control, like Corporate.), and he agrees. I upload it (I got a response from the upload when i swiped TYRANT), AI turns on turrets. Then TheGel bwoinks me, saying I'm going to get a 2 day ban for helping a traitor subvert the AI (Which was a complete lie), helping him cover up murders (I never did that, either), and called me a murderer in the PM, saying we were changing the AI's laws because it was bolting down "TWO MURDERERS, and helping cover up the murders"

Why you think you should be unbanned: I never helped him majorly, only killing a securitron. I had no part in the murders, the only attack logs i have that round are hitting Luck with an emag, and flashing Luck when he ran into the AI upload. Oh, and hitting the Securitron. Since when do we have to be dull valid hunters, what's wrong with helping a traitor a little bit, while not doing anything overtly dickish (Such as stunning people for him, killing people with him).

Even if the ban stays, I'd atleast like something done about it because it was (In my opinion) a very shitty ban.
Quote from: Gizogin on March 17, 2012, 01:59:01 pm
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums.
Ivan Issaccs
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Ivanissaccs

Re: [TheGel] The_Vinyl_Scratch - Banned for helping traitor

Post by Ivan Issaccs » #18944

I was the HOP this round.
I never helped him majorly

The fact you saw Beepsky stun Jim and decide to kill the Beepsky immediately having just watched Jim killing people after he announced he would be doing so on the radio instead of laughing at Jim and dragging him to the brig determines that you were in fact lying (or so densely retarded as to not really be considered a human being.)
You were a grey tiding shit all night, I hope the previous round where you at round start, during extended decided to smash all the brig windows and expose the shocked grills gets taken into account too.
CreationPro
Byond Username: Solar Marine

Post by CreationPro » #18948

TheVinylScratch wrote: So, the round started, I was an assistant. I ran off to get tools and insulated gloves, like I always do. Jim Otis yells over the radio, "I'm going to go on a killing spree" or something along those lines. I come across him with the dead/near dead HoP, who he was dragging while he had a double esword. A securitron gets him, so i pick up the energy sword and kill the Securitron, and give it back to him. I get all access from this, so i go to work as HoP. He then kills the HoS, which i had no part in.
Here we see you helping a confirmed murderer for no reason whatsoever.
TheVinylScratch wrote:(I knew Jim couldn't get an emag, due to him having a double energy sword)
Here we see you excessively metaing by calculating the amount of crystals a syndie PDA has.
TheVinylScratch wrote:I vote for TYRANT... I upload it.
Tyrant is to Paladin as Antimov is to Asimov. It gives AI freedom to screw a lot of things up.

I can not say this ban had been shitty. In my opinion, it is quite appropriate.
terranaut wrote:Scared? My stand 「CLOWN WORLD」 and it's 「FUNNY COMPANY」will defeat your weak stand in moments.
Terry the Moth, Melody Jean the roboticist and S.O.L. the cyborg.
I will not change my avatar but if I did I'd have this good KVADRATNIY boy.
Spoiler:
IkeTG wrote:love is okay
CreationPro wrote: i love you
IkeTG wrote:love is no longer okay
Old quotes and stuff
Spoiler:
obscolene wrote:I super glued my PC case shut please don't ask why.
<Pretendo> well Ia ksed in banbus
<AurxSS13> IA KSED! IA KSED! THE BLACK TYPO WITH A THOUSAND ERRORS!

<scaredofshadows> I randomly take buttons away from people
<scaredofshadows> because I am now rogue
<hornygranny> host is rouge
<Ikarrus> blow the admins
trytryagain66 wrote: I accidently axed a guy said I was sorry to him, then he punched me so I axed his head off.
Hibbles wrote:Man, I love CP. I wish we had more CP on the server.
Antonkr wrote:<antonkr> tfw you will never lick hg|works delicious sexy mustache
<antonkr> ;_;
Gel
Byond Username: TheGel

Post by Gel » #18967

The reason I made this a two day ban instead of a warning/one day was because I warned you about your behavior earlier in the round. After you saved Jim and went to work as the HoP I told you that helping traitors is a pretty big deal and to knock it off. Next thing I know you're in the upload with him as you personally load up Tyrant to the AI because it was following its laws in the Captain's office.

You don't need to be a "Valid Hunter" but you sure don't have to be an accomplice. We'll see you again tomorrow.
Reviire

Post by Reviire » #18968

I was in the upload with him, yes. So was the RD.

CreationPro, how the fuck is Antimov in any way like TYRANT?

TYRANT doesn't tell the AI to kill all humans on the station. It is a legitimate fucking lawset, that works when used. I was not helping Jim in any way by changing it's laws. It was just a reason to change it, and i disagreed with what he, the traitor, wanted to change it too.

EDIT: And since when is that 'excessive meta-ing'. What's next, banning for knowing what an energy sword is? This isn't bay, and i've never even heard of this until now.
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums.
CreationPro

Post by CreationPro » #18972

Since the point went over your head, let's try again.

Paladin tells you to be a nice guy. Tyrant tells you be to an asshole to most of the crew. Geddit?
terranaut wrote:Scared? My stand 「CLOWN WORLD」 and it's 「FUNNY COMPANY」will defeat your weak stand in moments.
Spoiler:
Old quotes and stuff
Spoiler:

trytryagain66 wrote: I accidently axed a guy said I was sorry to him, then he punched me so I axed his head off.
Antonkr wrote:<antonkr> tfw you will never lick hg|works delicious sexy mustache
<antonkr> ;_;
Reviire

Post by Reviire » #18974

CreationPro wrote:Since the point went over your head, let's try again.

Paladin tells you to be a nice guy. Tyrant tells you be to an asshole to most of the crew. Geddit?
Except that's not true. I have seen so many Paladin AI's act like assholes, i've seen TYRANT AI's be fun. I've seen Paladin AI's be good, i've seen TYRANT AI's be assholes. It depends on the AI, not your view of the fucking lawset.
CreationPro

Post by CreationPro » #18982

Except the Tyrant lawset suggest you be an asshole and a paladin suggests you be the good guy. Regardless, it is not a ban reason but a side factor I wanted to point out.

Ban reason is helping an antag for no reason. Which you, in fact, undeniably did.
Spoiler:
Old quotes and stuff
Spoiler:

<antonkr> ;_;
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #18983

Tyrant also takes illegal tech to make (hint hint)
Reviire

Post by Reviire » #19001

It's also in the upload by default.
KingLouisXIV
Byond Username: KingLouisXIV

Post by KingLouisXIV » #19117

So is Antimov on Metastation, same with Plasma4Humans I think.

I was the drone this round, cleaning up your messes and RCD'ing a wall in the space you deconstructed the airlock off of. (and later replacing that wall with a door)

I can corroborate all of TheGel's statements and support his ban after seeing your actions this round. You were not cooperative or understanding in your adminhelps at all, and to the tune of this ban appeal, you still don't understand why what you did was wrong.
Gel
Byond Username: TheGel

Post by Gel » #19368

This ban has run its course and can be sent to resolved.