[saeg] vcordie - appearance banned

Appeals which have been closed.
vcordie
Byond Username: Vcordie

[saeg] vcordie - appearance banned

Post by vcordie » #250221

byond account and character name: Vcordie, character name randomized due to apperance ban
banning admin: saegmir
ban type: apperance and namebanned
ban reason and length: everyone named themselves luke gadow and started greytiding. Saegmir said anyone who named themselves luke gadow next round was getting namebanned for a week. I named myself fluke madrow.
my side of the story:
It's been a month since I made my dumb fluke madrow joke, and you said it would only be a week. Not to mention you said it'd only be for Luke Gadow, and Fluke Madrow is not Luke Gadow. There's an f in front of luke, the g is replaced with a m, and theres an extra r that's not supposed to be there. But come on, perma apperanced banned for a DUMB JOKE that isn't even an OFFENSIVE JOKE? Please lift it.
Last edited by vcordie on Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: [saeg] vcordie - appearance banned

Post by Saegrimr » #250226

vcordie wrote:Not to mention you said it'd only be for Luke Gadow, and Fluke Madrow is not Luke Gadow. There's an f in front of luke, the g is replaced with a m, and theres an extra r that's not supposed to be there. But come on, perma apperanced banned for a DUMB JOKE that isn't even an OFFENSIVE JOKE? Please lift it.
You're really not getting why this was an issue in the first place, are you?
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
vcordie

Post by vcordie » #250229

because everyone had the same name, making it impossible for security to deal with the people who were self antaging. I didn't have the same name, wasn't tiding, and didn't self antag.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #250232

vcordie wrote:because everyone had the same name, making it impossible for security to deal with the people who were self antaging. I didn't have the same name, wasn't tiding, and didn't self antag.
I'm not saeg but I'm 99% certain you were banned for intentionally skirting around that the admin told you to do. He asked you not to do X, so you did X but with letters switched around. There's literally nothing to be gained from that other than antagonizing the admin.
Limey wrote:its too late.
vcordie

Post by vcordie » #250235

aye but a perma apperance ban is a little too much. it's been a month, please lift it.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #250236

vcordie wrote:because everyone had the same name, making it impossible for security to deal with the people who were self antaging. I didn't have the same name, wasn't tiding, and didn't self antag.
So yeah you are missing the point. This is the kind of dumb "tee hee but you didn't SPECIFICALLY say I couldn't do THIS" line-toeing shit that we don't need.

Declined.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
vcordie

Post by vcordie » #250237

perma apperanced banned for a dumb joke? wew.
TheColdTurtle
Byond Username: TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #250238

Perma Appearanced ban for toeing the line, as saeg said above.
vcordie

Post by vcordie » #250239

That's uh, very very very harsh don't you think? It's been a month, I've learned my lesson, and won't antagonize the admins anymore. I've been a productive member of this community in the past month, even done some coding. If you don't want me here because I made a dumb joke once, fine, but you'd be losing out.
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #250241

Alright, I'm going to be a nice guy here and lift your ban.
As a note for the future, as you are aware of that already, when an admin asks you to stop doing something and you do that something(or toe the line on purpose) you are probably going to get banned and the next time might be a server ban.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #250585

I believe this is resolved.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current