[mimicfaux] Sirkocube - I fucked up

Appeals which have been closed.
Sirkocube
Byond Username: Sirkocube

[mimicfaux] Sirkocube - I fucked up

Post by Sirkocube » #256296

Byond account and character name: Sirkocube / Emmanuel Buttersworth (I think)

Banning admin: mimicfaux

Ban type (What are you banned from?): tgstation13

Ban reason and length: "Threw a chem grenade into medbay, critting another player, following up with soulsharding that player as a non-antag. D/C'd after being asked about it" (Permanent ban)

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 12/25/2016 18:04:51 (UTC+01:00 Central European Time)

Your side of the story: I found a soulshard on the floor somewhere and was curious what it it does. So I tried it and it said the player must be dead or in crit or something similiar. So I threw a Water/Potassium grenade in the medbay at someone which critted him. I used it on him and he got soulsharded. Short time later I got bwoinked and I knew I fucked up and panicked and disconnected.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I was curious and fucking dumb. Only thing I can do is to apologise for my behavior and to promise that I won't do stupid shit like this again because I am curious. There isn't a other reason to unban me so I hope you take my word serious.
MimicFaux
Byond Username: MimicFaux

Re: [mimicfaux] Sirkocube - I fucked up

Post by MimicFaux » #256684

It's enough for me that you came back to apologize. The admin team is not out to 'get you', just looking out for the enjoyment of the players. Yourself, and everyone else on board the station. That you panicked and ran away is what netted you the ban. If you wanted to make ammends and come back and play on our awesome server, you'd come here and explain yourself; which you have. You've a clean history with us, and why I'm willing to lift the ban.

In the future however, if you have any questions about something in game, ask the admin team! We're only a short ahelp away. Even if no one is online immediately on your server of choice, they are relayed to our IRC channel and someone will see it. We're here to guide and assist. That said... consider this your first and last warning regarding this sort of thing. Killing a player is bad enough, but soulsharding them typically removes them from the round entirely, which isn't something that should be done lightly, even by antags. So! With all that in mind, welcome back, and keep your nose clean, eh?
ImageImageImage
Sirkocube
Byond Username: Sirkocube

Re: [mimicfaux] Sirkocube - I fucked up

Post by Sirkocube » #256693

Thank you. I've downloaded the source code so I can try stupid shit offline instead of online.