Post by UtterNewbie » #25643

Your byond account: UtterNewbie
Your character name: Kade Shaffer
Their character name: Jack Torrance and Loli Fiddler
Their byond account(optional, but useful if you can provide it):
Server and time: Sybil, time of this post
Logs and/or screenshots:
Description of what happened:
Jack Torrance and a sec borg arrest me for "being bald and hacking into high tech storage", they had no evidence of this and indeed I did not hack inside it, there was another assistant that welded in and I merely watched him. In brig Jack Torrance steals my toolbelt and keeps it, asking me why do I need a multitool anyway.

This was an ops round.

Why they should be banned:

Jack Torrance is a stealing officer.

Loli Fiddler is a pedophile based on name.
Subtle
Byond Username: SubtleGraces

Re: Jack Torrance thief security, Loli Fiddler pedophile

Post by Subtle » #26014

Were you arrested for more than a few minutes? Standing around watching while someone breaks into a high-security area isn't the best idea.

People do make mistakes, and while I'll grant that the officer may not have been the brightest or his name the classiest I don't see any OOC action that should be taken regarding your situation. When tools are confiscated it's due to using them being used in a crime like the one you were (falsely) accused of.

All that said I'd ask him to change his name if I saw it in-game, if only because it's not really one.
Therious

Post by Therious » #27178

I arrested you because you had all of the tools to break into said room, and were standing in the makeshift entrance when I got called down there. I can't speak for the other officer but I took all of the proper procedures in making an arrest. Also I think it would be fair to assume a toolbelt with a multitool, crowbar, wirecutters, and a screwdriver (DURR I WONDER WHAT PEOPLE USE THESE FOR) and a pair of insulated gloves (which you failed to mention) is grounds to make an arrest for a B&E which you were coincidentally standing in the entrance for. To clarify I play Jack Torrance.
UtterNewbie

Post by UtterNewbie » #28093

Therious wrote:insulated gloves (which you failed to mention)
They were red colored and you had no way of knowing what they were.

Also this can be closed as it was deemed "IC issue".