Job Ban. Strip searching and more!

Post by tedward1337 » #26330

Your byond account: tedward1337
Your character name:Richard Aultman
Their character name:Marco Kemerer
Their byond account(optional, but useful if you can provide it): not provided
Server and time: Sybil. Around 9:00 EST
Logs and/or screenshots: N/A
Description of what happened: I was casually walking through the maint tunnels above the primary tool storage, reporting things I saw (A emag'd door, broken locker etc.). Walking through the maint tunnel door I find a dead body, I report it on the radio and there comes in the captain with an assistant not saying anything to me, and asks the assistant to strip them. In this case them became me, but without mentioning it, she assumes the dead body. The captain yells and says Richard not the dead body, while Im already at the door out. He runs out and shoots me stunning me. He drags me back in and the assistant and he start trying to strip me. Keep in mind here, I had an oxygen tank on my back, a tool belt, and fire suit. These objects can all be found in atmos ( where I was spawned in as.) So the captain makes cable cuffs, shoots me and then hauls me away to security, without even calling for them. Heres the more interesting part, as soon as we get into security, he starts saying that I caused a murder, and I refused to be searched, etc. The detective pulls me into interrogation, listens to what I have to say and says "..... if you do anything suspicous ill hunt you down". The captain further tries to make his shooting and searching more valid by saying "Im the captain, Im allowed to do that", and things like that.
Why they should be banned: My ban request is that of a Job ban for the captain, I feel that he does not know his job enough, and treating it as a "Im the captain what I say is law" type of deal, and thinking that he is security even when there was a full stocked security waiting for something to do. This is not the job of the captain, and he should be overseeing what security is doing, not acting as if he is it.
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
Aurx
Byond Username: Aurx

Re: Job Ban. Strip searching and more!

Post by Aurx » #26332

From what you described, I can't see anything that'd lead to a jobban. The captain is permitted to act as security, and attempting to leave when the captain wanted you searched (likely on code blue, which explicitly allows for such) is rather suspicious. At worst, he caused a minor miscommunication, but that happens to everyone.
Head admin, /vg/station
Game admin, /tg/station
POMF FOR HEADMIN
UtterNewbie

Re: Job Ban. Strip searching and more!

Post by UtterNewbie » #26333

I was in this round named Kade Shaffer and had the pleasure of listening to your radio chat. From what I read in chat about the situation was that you were caught next to a dead body with a flash, then you started screaming for quite a while on radio about how "CAPTAIN IS PLAYING SEC" and being told to shut up by some of the crew.