Raz McSky, CMO keeps me naked and mute for the round

Requests which have been closed
walket

Raz McSky, CMO keeps me naked and mute for the round

Post by walket » #26411

Your byond account: Walket

Your character name: Officer Beepsky

Their character name: Raz McSky

Their byond account(optional, but useful if you can provide it): Unknown.

Server and time: Sybil 1:00 pm EST

Logs and/or screenshots: http://pastebin.com/Y4DqA19T These are the logs I have from my chat. Not sure if they're everything, I'm not great at logging.

Description of what happened: I was given all access by the condom captain as clown, instead of taking the access away or talking about it Raz stripped me naked and carried me around naked the whole round. He said I was working with the captain, but I never was and never did anything to him or against the crew.

Why they should be banned: CMO isn't security, and he detained me naked the whole round, and nearly killed me.

I became the clown to become officer beepsky. I thought it would be funny to stun only people who are set to arrest and yell, "Level four infraction alert" and most likely stun myself in the process. So when the captain announced that I was now captain over the comms I figured it would give me a chance to get my gear for the role. So I went down to HoP's office and the mime (who was the HoP) gave me all access. Not the captain, the mime HoP. I then grabbed a taser, HuD glasses, a baton from security. I didn't shoot anyone and just walked out. The bartender and security got into a fight, but I just went around and I didn't help anyone. I just walked in and out. I also went to chemistry and made hyperzine and gave the chaplain space lube. I then got the captain's armor and hat from his office. The captain yelled at me about being the captain, I said honk, and left. I didn't agree to be captain or even hug the captain, I just said honk. I then became beepsky. I went after the nuke ops for a bit and then when I saw the captain in medbay, I yelled "Level Five infraction alert" at the captain like a good officer and shot myself in the foot. Then Raz came in and shot me with a syringe. My eyes go white and he starts trying to flash me. I stun him and run away. He continues to come at me and kicks me, beats me with a fire extinguisher and tried to strip me. I run away one more time, then after he keeps attacking me, I attack him because I'm dying. He wins because I'm clumsy, and then strips me naked and drags me to the bridge. I can't talk and he doesn't try to talk to resolve the situation. When I can talk, he tells me to shut up. I keep trying to reason with him, but he doesn't listen. He carried me around naked for 10+ minutes and makes no attempt to talk or brig me. After I admin help, he "lets me go" when the emergency shuttle docks. I'm still naked and only have my shoes left. He refuses to give me back my gear and leaves me naked. I never agreed to work with the captain, I never wanted to be the captain. Raz didn't even give me a chance to explain.

Going to get all access wasn't siding with the captain. If it was, then everyone who got all access should have been punished as well (a security guard got all access). Saying honk isn't siding with the captain. Plenty of other people said that. I never did or said anything to overthrow security or anyone. I was not a threat to the station and I was not harming anyone.

Raz was out of line as a CMO. He shot me with chemicals for no reason, didn't try to talk to me or even give me a sentence. He didn't take away my access or turn me over to security. He dragged me around naked all round. That isn't the CMO's job and isn't acceptable behavior for a head of staff.

I think this sums his motivations pretty well:
Spoiler:
Raz McSky says, "Now you're my prized prisoner"
Raz McSky says, "CentCOM will surely promote me for this"
Raz McSky says, "I'll be a CAptain of my own station"
EDIT: This is my first post on FNR, and I tried to follow the rules as best I can. I apologize if this is in the wrong place or is formatted incorrectly. If this needs to be somewhere else, please direct me to where it should go. I've been a player for a while, but I'm still a little unclear about the forum rules.

EDIT 2: Changed title to be more helpful and less snarky.
RunAwayScientist

Re: Raz McSky, CMO keeps me naked and mute for the round

Post by RunAwayScientist » #26450

It's a good log. I'm surprised it annoyed you enough that you'd take it to FNR.

Special circumstances existed during this round. The Captain had seen fit to hand out all access to various personnel (clown included) as well as other decrees by announcement that were irresponsible. It created a rift between personnel who became loyal to him and those who did not. A kind of non sanctioned rev round. Really, he was to blame for this entire incident.

I contacted 'CentComm' via comm console and was made the new Captain. Security duties became part of my new responsibility, which would include the collection and detention of everyone illegally given all access in tandem with the HoS. Unfortunately, wallket's character was one such individual.

He did adminhelp the situation in-game. I do not have a log on my end to show which admin handled the complaint, but the responding admin asked me to ask him where his loyalties really were. wallket replied that his loyalties never left Centcomm and he was released from my custody. This did not occur until nearly the round end.

Sleep toxin was not enough to be able to detain wallket, as he did resist, and more aggressive methods were used. I did not challenge him verbally to turn over his ID or submit to arrest before attempting to detain.

Under standard circumstances he would have been detained in the brig until release, but Nuke Ops were reported and a bomb went off in the armory. Fearing that sec had been breached and was unsafe, I decided to keep the prisoner with me and just bring him with on the shuttle. I linked up with HoS and became distracted following him around until roughly the round's end where I was contacted by the responding admin.

I do apologize wallket, security really isn't my thing. I was thrust into the position and I did the best I could under the circumstances. We both owe our angst to the Captain; I'm not sure if he was banned or not after that round.

EDIT: The log does show the admin's reply to this complaint. Admin was BlessedHeretic:
Admin PM from-BlessedHeretic: We have observed you supporting the captain, due to IC circumstances this was pretty valid for punishment, we have told him to release you if you cease supporting the captain, but if you don't it's IC matter. This issue is resolved~
walket

Post by walket » #26499

I appreciate your apology, and I know an admin handled it. I thought that this was the place to have the decision reviewed. If not, I'll move it to wherever it needs to go.

I am still upset for a couple reasons. First, you never tried to work it out and I was never doing any revolutionary activities. I wasn't running around tasing people. We could have talked it out, but you chose to go after me. Secondly, "more aggressive methods" were not necessary. Every time you came after me, I stunned you and ran. I stayed in medbay to try to get healed, and I only became more aggressive when my life was threatened. Thirdly, if your purpose was just to remove my access and make me renounce my allegiance (which I never had, but you didn't let me talk), then why drag me naked around as your prisoner? Why tell me to just shut up and detain me without a timer? Why not give me back the rest of my gear? Fourthly, why not turn me over to the HoS or security? Even if the brig was bombed, they could have handled the situation better.

Also, the part about everyone having all access being loyal to the captain is wrong as well. There was at least one security guard with all access and many other crew members. They were not detained. And when you took me out of the bridge, to take me to the shuttle it had been much longer than ten minutes. I spent a long time naked and being dragged around. That isn't acceptable behavior for someone playing security or a head of staff.

If security isn't your thing, then don't play security. Don't take on a role that you clearly didn't need to take (the HoS was there) and weren't equipped to handle.

While the captain was a part of this, you still bear the responsibility for poorly handling the situation.
RunAwayScientist

Post by RunAwayScientist » #26557

...then why drag me naked around as your prisoner?
You've got to give me points, at least, for leaving your clown shoes on.

....I was never doing any revolutionary activities.
I didn't have any evidence that you were or that you did anything substantial, but you were a primary target because of the Captain's announcement messages and the fact that I saw you going into the Captain's office.

As I'm sure you're aware, this isn't a hardcore roleplay server and I didn't exactly have time in ten minutes to launch a thorough, proper investigation and put you through due course of law.

Secondly, "more aggressive methods" were not necessary.
I did not know at the time you were a reasonable player and I simply didn't wish to take any chances. Sometimes it's easier and safer just to get the jump on someone and steal their stuff before they can react. Sleep toxin just doesn't do the job like it used to. It didn't help I punched myself in the face. Your capture was, at least, comical and entertaining.

Thirdly, if your purpose was just to remove my access and make me renounce my allegiance (which I never had, but you didn't let me talk)
My initial purpose was to detain you and secure your all-access as you were the most easily identifiable individual with access. If you look at the log, I did actually ask you to renounce your loyalty after you were captured. You didn't respond and I replied "Right" as I was under the impression you wouldn't at that point. You may simply have just missed the text. I didn't bother asking a second time.

Fourthly, why not turn me over to the HoS or security? Even if the brig was bombed, they could have handled the situation better.
Per the log, I did ask the HoS if I should turn you loose. He said not to. The HoS, as you recall, was dragging around another prisoner of his own at the time unable to take him to the brig as well. I could not raise the other sec officers by the end of round, who were busy dealing with the Nuke Ops. They couldn't exactly take you on and if by 'handle the situation better' you mean you'd eventually escape, sure. It just made sense I keep an eye on you for the remainder of time.

They were not detained.
You were the most easily identifiable and you happened to be in medbay when I came back from the bridge. Circumstances presented themselves which facilitated your capture, after which I was too busy with you and other things going on to chase down the others.

While the captain was a part of this, you still bear the responsibility for poorly handling the situation.
If this were a hardcore RP server, I'd be inclined to agree with you. Otherwise, I think I handled the situation as well as could be reasonably expected of a pub player.

I hope this answers your questions as to my method and motivations. It's certainly a lot more than any other player would give you, as you seem to be more reasonable of a player than I could have possibly initially known. Let's call it a wash and treat each other differently the next time we encounter one another.

Fun fact unrelated: You know I've been called a 'shitlord' for ordering a borg to stun and arrest someone (while the station was being burned with massive plasma fires) who arrived in atmos and then proceeded to ask me, as CE, what I 'did' with his "heated tanks of plasma"? He wasn't there to secure them for safety, as I did. I will never understand the mentality of people like this. This individual turned out to not be a traitor, but I think you'd begin to see why assistant is preferable to a head of staff position.
Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #26614

Daybanned and week CMO ban. You are not the law. His arrest was unreasonable and uncalled for. He was just honking about and trying to have fun. While you may think that your reasoning is acceptable, it isn't.

Quit playing non-security roles and acting as a security stand-in for no reason. This is a general statement to all medical staff.
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #26698

It's okay to defend your department, especially when you're being invaded by the clown as a joke by the HoP, but keeping him confined for the rest of the round for it is is over the line.

The HoP should have been the one getting robusted for this, the clown was just clowning. Just take the ID and throw him out next time.
Spoiler:
Then robust the fucking HoP
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?