Unknown Persons - Nonantags Hiding Body bc Rule 9

Requests which have been closed
Saintish
Byond Username: Saintish

Unknown Persons - Nonantags Hiding Body bc Rule 9

Post by Saintish » #29221

Byond account: Saintish
Your character name: I used a random clown name. Toodles something.
Their character names: Unknown. I expect Saegrimr to go through the adminhelp logs and find them, as I adminhelped it all as it happened.
Their byond account(optional, but useful if you can provide it): Ditto.
Server and time: Sibyl, around 8:00 PM EST.
Logs and/or screenshots: Really shouldn't be needed. This should've been deal with right then and there.
Description of what happened: Some bullshit station-wide party gimmick was going on and I was the clown for the first time in a while. So, I got into it. I gave out all the Autodrobe stuff and went around tossing beer to people.

Later (this was still VERY early in the round), I accidentally killed Ian, who was in the bar. I bragged about it because I didn't wanna do the metagamey "I MEANT TO HUG/PET THEM!" I was instantly shot with some kind of syringe by a non-antag and slashed to death with broken bottle by a person later found to be, shocker, a non-antag. Now, that's in accordance with Rule 9, sure. However, these people then proceeded to shove my corpse down disposals. At the end of the line, a nonantag cargo tech happily sent my corpse even further down disposals at the mass-driver. The cargo tech later explained in OOC that they did it because they just didn't care.

My body remained there the whole round. I had done nothing but give away beer and AutoDrobe clothing until I killed Ian on accident. Saegrimr popped up into deadchat later and said, "who's up for some anti-party death squad?". I really didn't give a shit because I'm not into Death Squad that much but I think I, along with several other people, said yes. There was no Death Squad.

I don't know if this was adminfuckery or a random event, but I was made into an alien larva sometime later. There was no gravity, so I couldn't move, and I instantly got beaten down by some engineer that walked in. Whatever the outcome, this made it so that even if my body was found, I wouldn't be able to get cloned, because I couldn't re-enter my original body. Fucking fabulous, innit?

Saegrimr could've banned people right then and there, but apparently he never read the entirety of Rule 9. You see, he completely ignored the fact that they hid my body near the beginning of the round.

Why they should be banned: They contribute nothing to the game/community but griff and took pleasure in ruining someone's round.

EDIT: Just remembered the name of the guy that bottled me. Willy Raiden. I believe he's gotten FNR'd for this sort of stuff in the past.
elyina
Byond Username: Elyina

Re: Unknown Persons - Nonantags Hiding Body bc Rule 9

Post by elyina » #29253

Killing Ian makes you automatically valid, or any of the pets for that matter. That's server policy, sorry.
JDemms

Post by JDemms » #29254

Hey -

So uh, I was the cargo tech you mentioned (Jack Morgan/ckey JDemms), and like you said, I wasn't antag. When I mentioned in OOC that I didn't care though, I didn't mean that I didn't care what happened to you, I just didnt care what was going on in the round in general. (Im sorry, but I was just trying to do my job, and after the third time of pulling that other guy out of disposals and the second time someone demanded Cargo ordered more drinks, it was really starting to grate on me.)

None of that excuses that I was basically the last step in the chain of keeping your clown out of the round, which is a consequence that I tend to forget about when I'm not the person being dunked. So I'm sorry, for what that's worth, and I figure that yea, while killing Ian may have made you valid, I didnt know that, so if the admins feel I'm deserving of some time in the 3D world, I figure that's fair, if it keeps you from feeling like that entire round was as bullshit as it was.

Also. Double sorry about being a smug dick in OOC. Super not cool.

Quick Edit cause I forgot my Ckey.
Saintish

Post by Saintish » #29269

elyina wrote:Killing Ian makes you automatically valid, or any of the pets for that matter. That's server policy, sorry.
9. Killing someone's pet for the sole purpose of getting a reaction out of them means you will get a reaction out of them. Short of hiding you so you can't be cloned or destroying your body, you reap what you sow from creating one of these conflicts. The person who gets vengeance on you for killing their pet does not recieve IC protection from security or otherwise, however.
A.) Ian isn't their pet. It was some random Chemist and I forget what Willy Raiden was, but he wasn't even a head of staff.
B.)"Short of hiding you so you can't be cloned or destroying the body"

Tell me again how this is "server policy", Elyina.
Saintish

Post by Saintish » #29270

JDemms wrote:Hey -

So uh, I was the cargo tech you mentioned (Jack Morgan/ckey JDemms), and like you said, I wasn't antag. When I mentioned in OOC that I didn't care though, I didn't mean that I didn't care what happened to you, I just didnt care what was going on in the round in general. (Im sorry, but I was just trying to do my job, and after the third time of pulling that other guy out of disposals and the second time someone demanded Cargo ordered more drinks, it was really starting to grate on me.)

None of that excuses that I was basically the last step in the chain of keeping your clown out of the round, which is a consequence that I tend to forget about when I'm not the person being dunked. So I'm sorry, for what that's worth, and I figure that yea, while killing Ian may have made you valid, I didnt know that, so if the admins feel I'm deserving of some time in the 3D world, I figure that's fair, if it keeps you from feeling like that entire round was as bullshit as it was.

Also. Double sorry about being a smug dick in OOC. Super not cool.

Quick Edit cause I forgot my Ckey.
Really, I don't care much about what you did, especially since you apologized. It's allowed, too - no one is obligated to clone people.
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #29342

Well this has sparked an admin discussion about this very rule, and what it should and shouldn't say and make Valid and all that, but for this case...

The letter of the rules is with you. However, this falls into a category of 'you did a stupid thing and got the direct cause-and-effect results of that'.

You bragged about it even though you didn't do it rather than, as you said, saying it was an accident or whatever. You bragged about doing a thing that you know people murder other people over on this server. That's not quite brigging a person in bomb suit with their backpack untouched, which was the last time I invoked this sort of decision, but Jesus dude.

I consider this assisted suicide. The rule itself will be looked at but no action will be taken against any person in this case.
RIP
Saintish

Post by Saintish » #29407

Hibbles wrote:Well this has sparked an admin discussion about this very rule, and what it should and shouldn't say and make Valid and all that, but for this case...

The letter of the rules is with you. However, this falls into a category of 'you did a stupid thing and got the direct cause-and-effect results of that'.

You bragged about it even though you didn't do it rather than, as you said, saying it was an accident or whatever. You bragged about doing a thing that you know people murder other people over on this server. That's not quite brigging a person in bomb suit with their backpack untouched, which was the last time I invoked this sort of decision, but Jesus dude.

I consider this assisted suicide. The rule itself will be looked at but no action will be taken against any person in this case.
I had done nothing but be helpful and go along with the gimmick that entire round, man. What's worse is that if you check the forums, Willy Raiden's done this exact same thing before, albeit without hiding the body and lying to a borg about retrieving it. Direct cause-and-effect? This is three (or, really, two, that cargo guy didn't really mean it, I accept his apology) antags removing someone from a round within the first 10 minutes who had given them free shit because they killed a pixelated-fucking-dog. Not just removing, actively keeping him from playing again.
> someone's pet
was this Willy Raiden the chemist-or-whatever-the-fuck-he-was's pet? no, HBL, it was the HOP's, who never commented on Ian being killed.
>Short of hiding you so you can't be cloned or destroying your body
Yeah.

If you're not going to enforce the most important parts, why not just remove those bits? Evidently it doesn't matter if people break the rule, because nothing's going to be done. No one wants to do anything about people ruining people's rounds, even when a rule specifically forbids it. Specifically. In print. No conjecture or speculation required.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #29484

Ian is the pet of the crew as a whole.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Hornygranny
Horny Police
Byond Username: Hornygranny

Post by Hornygranny » #29552

Nobody has addressed the point that what they did is clearly a rule 9 violation. The rest is unimportant.
elyina
Byond Username: Elyina

Post by elyina » #29557

HBL addressed it.
Hornygranny
Horny Police

Post by Hornygranny » #29570

He admitted Saintish is right and what they did is against the rules, but is ignoring it because "lel u kil dog so its ur fault" despite the fact that the rule accounts for the fact that killing someone's pet is baiting them. That's not a resolution, it's a completely arbitrary admin ruling. Either change the rule or ban the people he's complaining about.
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #29621

EDIT 2: I can't decide how to feel about this, would love to hear from some other admins.
RIP
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #29622

Dunking people down disposals isn't hiding the body though?
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Saintish

Post by Saintish » #29664

Pandarsenic wrote:Dunking people down disposals isn't hiding the body though?
Dumping their corpse into disposals (without a jumpsuit, though that's a fault of their own for giving stuff out) where on the other end it's sent out to the mass driver where no one but the lazy cargo tech comes the entire round after being told to clone it by a borg and, if I remember correctly, a Security officer absolutely is hiding the body. This was after he had killed me. I wasn't in crit.
Saintish

Post by Saintish » #30066

Hornygranny
Horny Police

Post by Hornygranny » #30071

The rule has been amended, there are no longer any OOC protections.