Silicons more interested in valids than following laws.

Requests which have been closed
omnitricks

Silicons more interested in valids than following laws.

Post by omnitricks » #35929

Your byond account: omnitricks

Your character name: The Headsman (mime)

Their character name: Deep Thought (AI)

Their byond account(optional, but useful if you can provide it): JefftheMighty

Server and time: Sybil 3:30 pm GMT

Logs and/or screenshots: Because I was the mime, I could only talk in PDA which is not recorded unless I receive. This is what I received from the AI in response to my requests.
Message from Deep Thought (AI), "Good morning." (Reply)
Message from Deep Thought (AI), "I am afraid you do not have proper access to Area: Bridge." (Reply)
Do note that these messages were in response to my requests for help and not my requests to be let into the bridge I've asked for minutes ago confirming that the AI did receive my messages and could have acted upon them.

Description of what happened:
Round start was tator mime. Wasn't too interested with objectives (killing an AI is too much work) so I went for my Headsman sthick again for fun. Grabbed the set of items I usually get and I needed (balaclava, gloves, tools, etc) until the last one. My headsman axe. Went to the bridge but since there was no reason to hack the doors, I pda'd the AI to open it but no answer. Borg passed by and I pointed to the door over and over but it refused to open them and just watched. Another crewmember came past by and told it to open it but it only opened the door once refusing to open the second and stayed and watched again.

By then I got fed up and walked off to decide if I should try atmos to get it but I tried one more time, returning to the door and pdaing the AI. This was when I was shot by random MD (Van Skorvold) while he shouted foul creature and the effects of chloral started kicking in. Because I was messaging the AI with my PDA I started messaging it for help (I can't remember if I messaged it the specifics) but the only reply I got was the above and nothing else. By then MD spaced me.

I ahelped but as always Saegrimr advocates a certain playstyle and supports only what he accepts so I was not going to get any help from him although some of the arguments he had made sense: The AI cannot immediately respond or was interacting with other people in the station. That being said I was already dead and could read chat to know what is going on in the station. The AI has shown signs it received my messages from its earlier replies so I know it did not miss them (and I sent at least 3 requesting for help) It knew there was a risk I was going to be harmed if not already and yet it did not attempt to locate me nor notify anyone else like sec. There was no reason it could not have found me after that either because my sensors were maxed.

Why they should be banned:
I was killed and taken out of the round within 5 minutes because the AI is more interested in its valids rather than following its laws. Silicon policy states that the AI should not be denying law 2 requests to open doors with a few exceptions and none of the exceptions actually include the bridge or EVA (the bridge was for me and EVA was for another assistant that got fed up with the AI's denials and tried hacking the doors himself) This is also the reason why I point out Saegrimr supports only what he accepts and I won't be getting any help from him because despite pointing out the silicon policy, he insists the AI was right in not obeying the law 2 requests. Also there was the risk of a legitimate law 1 threat which the AI has ignored and showed no sign of acting upon or at least confirming. Both the evidence supporting the antithesis of law 1 and law 2 shows that the AI is incapable of playing silicons.

So while I am not asking for a ban for my death and ruined round, I would like for JefftheMighty to be banned from any silicon jobs at least because of his inability to follow his laws in preference of valid hunting and preventing crewmembers from legitimate actions according to his laws without a proper reason. Also ruined antag round fnr.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: Silicons more interested in valids than following laws.

Post by Saegrimr » #35936

omnitricks wrote:I ahelped but as always Saegrimr advocates a certain playstyle and supports only what he accepts so I was not going to get any help from him
Passive aggressive jabs are always the best way to get what you want.
Relevant logs for whoever ends up handling this.
Spoiler:
[11:16:49]PDA: The Headsman (PDA: PDA-The Headsman (Mime)) sent "AI please open the bridge doors. I need the axe for my job." to Deep Thought (AI)
[11:17:01]SAY: Deep Thought: Atmospherics alarm detected in the Central Primary Hallway!
[11:17:52]SAY: Deep Thought: Assistant Dobbs, you do not have proper authorization to access this area.
[11:17:59]SAY: Deep Thought: Genevieve Weinstein has signed up as Shaft Miner.
[11:18:31]SAY: Deep Thought: Negative. Please do not commit self harm on your journey to receive the proper access forms.
[11:19:15]SAY: Deep Thought: Security will be informed of your impending suicide. Please, on behalf of Nanotrasen, do reconsider. You have so much to live for! Like [Insert Relative/Partner's Name Here]
[11:19:40]PDA: The Headsman (PDA: PDA-The Headsman (Mime)) sent "AI " to Deep Thought (AI)
[11:19:50]PDA: Deep Thought (PDA: Deep Thought (AI)) sent "Good morning." to PDA-The Headsman (Mime)
[11:19:55]EMOTE: The Headsman: <B>The Headsman</B> yawns.
[11:20:03]PDA: The Headsman (PDA: PDA-The Headsman (Mime)) sent "Open the bridge so I can get the axe" to Deep Thought (AI)
[11:20:10]PDA: The Headsman (PDA: PDA-The Headsman (Mime)) sent "Help sleep toxed." to Deep Thought (AI)
[11:20:25]PDA: The Headsman (PDA: PDA-The Headsman (Mime)) sent "Help" to Deep Thought (AI)
[11:20:47]PDA: Deep Thought (PDA: Deep Thought (AI)) sent "I am afraid you do not have proper access to Area: Bridge." to PDA-The Headsman (Mime)
[11:21:36]EMOTE: The Headsman: <B>The Headsman</B> appears to be gasping!
I personally don't see why any AI would let the mime have a fireaxe "for his job", maybe i'm overthinking the whole potential harm thing... You know like the guns in the armory.

His response.
Spoiler:
[11:33:45]ADMIN: PM: Saegrimr->(Deep Thought): Hello, can I ask what your interaction with the mime was earlier on the bridge?
[11:34:09]ADMIN: PM: (Deep Thought)->Saegrimr: The mime asked to enter the bridge, and lacking authorization was denied.
[11:34:21]ADMIN: PM: Saegrimr->(Deep Thought): Did you get any messages about "help"
[11:35:00]ADMIN: PM: (Deep Thought)->Saegrimr: Help, spammed 3 times I think? I scanned around and didn't catch anything untoward so I assumed he was just being a dick.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Antonkr
Byond Username: Antonkr

Post by Antonkr » #35943

>axe
>potentially dangrous
>requested by person to who does not need it for their job. (And no, mime is your real job)

Potential for harm

Overrides law 2
No longer an admin by own free will. Feel free to add me on steam.
elyina
Byond Username: Elyina

Post by elyina » #35949

So you already handled this in game Saegrimr?
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #36071

I gave my input when it happened but Omnitricks wasn't satisfied and wanted to file a ban request for someone else to handle.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Swagile
Byond Username: Swagile

Post by Swagile » #36302

uhhhhhhh

is this being moved to admin complaints or locked or what...

i know i am not involved but after saegrimr's response, it seems omnitricks is being left hanging

just saying

/tg/ station github 420 issues
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #36315

I've directed game admins to have a look at this.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Antonkr

Post by Antonkr » #36329

Saegrimr wrote:I gave my input when it happened but Omnitricks wasn't satisfied and wanted to file a ban request for someone else to handle.
Game admin descsions on something being valid is final and typically if you disagree an admin complaint is the better place. Ban requests are made for when no admin is present or for some reason couldnt resolve the issue.

Lock this thread.
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #36388

Antonkr wrote:>axe
>potentially dangrous
>requested by person to who does not need it for their job. (And no, mime is your real job)

Potential for harm

Overrides law 2
By your logic nobody should be allowed to use anything larger than a pen lest they hit someone with it, everything on the station is potentially dangerous and you can deny access to almost every room on the station. It's a tool, it just happens to be a heavy one.
This is a very terrible excuse as to not let someone into the bridge even though you have to under your laws and I would like to direct you to the very substantial silicon policy that might clarify some things.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Antonkr

Post by Antonkr » #36403

callanrockslol wrote:
Antonkr wrote:>axe
>potentially dangrous

Potential for harm

Overrides law 2
By your logic nobody should be allowed to use anything larger than a pen lest they hit someone with it, everything on the station is potentially dangerous and you can deny access to almost every room on the station. It's a tool, it just happens to be a heavy one.
This is a very terrible excuse as to not let someone into the bridge even though you have to under your laws and I would like to direct you to the very substantial silicon policy that might clarify some things.
Except that axes are able to cause far more harm then most other tools. Also, if the mime asked to get inside bridge in general and the AI refused, then yes it would violate 2, but in our case 1 was easily appealed to through the mime specifically asking for the axe.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #36466

The Fire Axe is a tool, not a weapon, in most situations. Unless you had prior reason to think he was going to take the axe to people's skulls, it's a tool with potential for harm, completely different from, say, a laser or an e-sword.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo