Rick Perry, shitcurity perma

Post by Duntix » #44492

Your byond account: Duntix
Your character name: Hercule Ducks
Their character name: Rick Perry
Their byond account(optional, but useful if you can provide it): Dunno
Server and time: Sybil 11/19/2014 ~1:30am Central Time
Logs and/or screenshots:
Description of what happened: Spawned as robotics, and went to work. After two cyborgs and about to create a third notice jugg walking around Science. Borgee and I run away I yell into Comms about jugg in science, jugg goes after engi I was going to borg. Keep talking over Comms for sec to get to Science ASAP. Sticking way in the back to see if borgs need repairing since I know we had at least one security bot. After failing to stop cult he cuffs me and says im being perma'd. I explain to him I was the first person to find juggs and say it over comms. He said the jugg never attacked me so I must be cult, well trying to explain to him I was never in the middle of the fight they perma me not but 10 minutes into the round.
Why they should be banned: Job banned from sec at least for being incompetent and permaing people when they discover the antags and do things to help the station
nariyan

Re: Rick Perry, shitcurity perma

Post by nariyan » #44605

So cult rounds are kinda tough, but I was alerted to human harm in science, by the station AI. There was a lot going on so I didnt have a lot of time to scan the chat log as much as I would have liked, and I cant confirm that he was the one who called for help. There was a lot of fighting in and around science and medbay, and we assumed that the cult was based out of there, due to the fact that constructs were coming from there. When we finally made are way back into science, there was 3 sec personnel with me, and science was abandoned, save one robotocist. I and the other sec staff made the assumption, based on the fact that he had not run from the area, and that he was unharmed he must have been a member of the cult. At the time sec was loosing to the cult, and narshee was called about 5 mins later. On my way back into science in maint I found a dead security gaurd, and killed a cult assistant wearing his equipment. That only goes to confirm my theory that cult was operating out of there.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #44732

I'd like to contribute here by saying this guy needs to have his Security privileges look into - I've played alongside him as assorted roles + HoS, and mother of god his poor communication skills, poor understanding of the game, and all-around thickheadedness makes me sigh a little bit every time I see he's got a role with the power to detain people.
I think I was the Head of Security in the aforementioned round, actually. We early launched, right? I remember seeing a roboticist cuffed for no reason just standing there.

For effect, I will retell a hilarious bit of fuckery from the same round: We were brigging people with tomes, had already found runes and bones, and then, over radio, the man himself...
"guys i think we got cult"

For fuck's sake.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Duntix

Post by Duntix » #44805

Well it was the round cult actually summoned nar-sie. I'm mostly annoyed by the fact he didn't check chat log but had the time to drag me from robotics to brig, strip me, and then put me in perma. And I was the only roboticist since the other wanted me to Borg him. Also I yelled through comms multiple times to get sec into science.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #44817

Duntix wrote:Well it was the round cult actually summoned nar-sie. I'm mostly annoyed by the fact he didn't check chat log but had the time to drag me from robotics to brig, strip me, and then put me in perma. And I was the only roboticist since the other wanted me to Borg him. Also I yelled through comms multiple times to get sec into science.
It's pretty sad that this has evidently happened often enough for me to confuse multiple incidents. Nar'sie wasn't summoned in the instance I was referring to, but I do remember there being a Juggernaut in Science and a handcuffed roboticist. Weird.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #44843

I'm going to make a bit of an assumption that this is a problem due to being a newbie and slightly incompetent, not being malicious. I'll make the general suggestion that Rick Perry/whoever his CKEY is (dontknow?) should stick to playing just regular security and not take on HoS or Warden if they are perma-brigging people for not being harmed by a jugg.

I'll direct An0n3 to this thread though to investigate logs/make a final call.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #44990

Like Quartz said this seems more like someone just not knowing HOW 2 COP and less of someone intentionally being crap.

Permabrigging is only a hairs breadth different from just executing someone. They both typically mean the end of the round for the person who receives the punishment. Being permabrigged for standing around uninjured is piss poor judgement and, yeah, warrants a ban from anything above rank-and-file guard until you can appeal it and explain why you shouldn't do that/wont do it again.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
nariyan

Post by nariyan » #45118

I hear you concerns guys, and I do admit im not the best ss13 player. I wish i could do a better job of keeping up with the chat but im usually just scanning whats going on in the game part and not the chat part. I only took him to perma after I think the detective said to (although I know he does not have that athority), and after i made the statement, hes cult after seeing the circumstances I described before. I would ask that I not get a perma job ban from hos and warden, which is where it stands right now, but instead maybe 30 days for hos only. I think I could still play warden, maybe even better than any other sec position, because i just sit in brig and follow orders, or space law.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #45131

A good warden is a second opinion on a sentence. When an officer drags someone into permabrig and says "I caught a cultist!" he should immediately be asking for the tome, paper, or whatever piece of evidence they found that confirmed them as a cultist so he can throw it into the evidence lockup.

If the officer doesn't have any of those things, he should be able to cough up some kind of eye-witness testimony, like "I saw him dragging people towards runes" or "I saw him activating runes" or "I saw him working with constructs to do X thing", or etc. etc.

If an officer doesn't have any of those things, a good warden gives that guy a dose of reality and tells him to let the dude go.

In this situation you demonstrated a total inability to fit what you saw with an appropriate punishment. That you should not be the guy in charge of deciding who gets sentenced to what.
Play as a regular officer or detective for a bit, and when you feel like you've learned to be better at being the guy in charge of that kind of thing appeal the ban.

I'm not going to put a timer on the ban because there's no way of knowing how long that'll take.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW: