Karen Sharpe- Grief

Post by Gadd » #46707

Your byond account: Gadd
Your character name: HOLLA HOLLA GET DOLLA
Their character name: Karen Sharpe
Their byond account(optional, but useful if you can provide it): Psyentifc
Server and time: Sybil, 1PM EST
Logs and/or screenshots:
"Clown, fuck you because you are not a human" (Something along those lines. She said this after I asked her why she killed me.)
DEAD: Karen Sharpe says, "Re-fucking-gardless, I lynched a clown that wound up in Perma." (I lost the logs where she killed me but this is her admitting she killed me.)

Her Reasoning: "DEAD: Karen Sharpe says, "Maybe I would care if he was not a clown""
DEAD: Karen Sharpe says, "Yes; I killed the clown because he fucked up hard enough to have the entire sec team chasing after him, all the way into perma. Get fucked, clown."

Description of what happened:
She killed me(A clown, non-antag, no proof) in perma by hitting my head against the perma toilet. Her reasoning is as stated above. And also, I didn't have the whole sec team chase me on purpose, a borg kidnapped me, in handcuffs.
Why they should be banned:
Grief. Killing an innocent who was in perma FNR.
AdenAbrafo
Byond Username: AdenAbrafo

Re: Karen Sharpe- Grief

Post by AdenAbrafo » #46708

I was present during this. Gadd did nothing but vandalize the front of the HoP's office and I believe some other minor infractions. She also beat and watched other officer's beat various prisoners to death in the permabrig.
Nick Elwood says, "brain your guitly of incompitence and sencected to public flogging and banishment"
DEAD: Andrew Mitchell says, "LIONUS HAS ANGER ISSUES AND AUTISM"
Psyentific
Byond Username: Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #46709

Late-joined as Security; First thing I hear over the radio is Luck yelling "CATCH DAT FUKKEN CLOWN". I gear up at Arrivals, radio comes in that the Clown is in the SMES room. Me and about three other Sec storm Engineering, but the clown's nowhere to be found. Radio reports that the Clown is in the gulag shuttle, so I go up to check it out. Sure enough, the Mediborg is dragging the cuffed clown right over to the cells. He goes in, I set the timer, and Luck comes in and starts beating the Mediborg. Warden batoncuffs Luck and handles the timer, I drag the borg to robotics and head back to the brig.

Clown's in the secure brig cell, bashing the window with his shoes. I flashcuff him, check his bag and re-restrain him, then head up to recharge my baton. I come back down and another officer has brought him into perma; I egg that officer into stealing the clown's mask. He does, and the clown slips through the door on the way out. We sax after him, stun, bucklecuff, but at this point, I've had enough. I have better things to do than deal with uppity clowns. Pull him over to the Perma toilets, swirlies and head-smashes. Take the mask to the chef and forget about the whole thing.

Only towards the end of the round did I learn what, exactly, the clown did. Apparently he bashed down a bunch of windows and walls by the HoP, which started the ball rolling. Personally, clowns that take it as an excuse to grief is my pet peeve; "Honk!" is not an excuse for vandalism, and clown-tiding is shitty.

I stand by my quote - "Maybe I would care if he wasn't a clown. Maybe I would care if he was a funny clown."
Last edited by Psyentific on Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I haven't logged into SS13 in at least a year.
Ephuvex

Post by Ephuvex » #46712

I wanted to add more background to all of this...
I was playing as a Medi-Borg (B.E.T.A.), and long story short, I needed to see the HoP. I headed over to his office, and while there, the clown bashed all the windows in for shit and giggles. A present sec officer and I both chased him around, and then the chaplain joined, and after the dust settled, the clown had been beaten and had stupid amounts of brain damage. I told the officer I needed to heal him, and then I would take him to the brig several times, but he continued to chase the clown and I around the entire station, trying to beat him further. Eventually, the AI and I agreed that the best course of action was to simply take the clown to the brig (because at this point all of sec, the QM, and the chaplain were chasing around the entire station), keep an eye on him, and heal him after he got out. While he was in the brig, a law was added to the silicons voiding his human status, and he was murdered.
Gadd

Post by Gadd » #46713

Everything above is true, except that I broke the windows in frustration for the HOP changing my ID to "ShitClown" for asking for all access.
Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #46714

Gadd wrote:Everything above is true, except that I broke the windows in frustration for the HOP changing my ID to "ShitClown" for asking for all access.
>clown asks for all access
>gets told "no fuck off"
>breaks windows because of it

You're only making yourself look worse :^)
Last edited by Psyentific on Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AdenAbrafo

Post by AdenAbrafo » #46717

Is vandalizing and being kind of a dick justification for security to murder him?
Nick Elwood says, "brain your guitly of incompitence and sencected to public flogging and banishment"
Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #46719

In conjunction with being a clown and what I assumed was breaking into engineering? Yes.
AdenAbrafo

Post by AdenAbrafo » #46730

So as long you're a clown minor crimes that would normally warrant a 3-5 minute brig sentence justify murder?
Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #46736

If you choose to be a Clown, then use that as a free pass to ask for all access, act entitled and break stuff? If you use that as an excuse to fuck with people?
Absolutely. Shitty clowns belong in space.

There's at least four other people online at any given moment with Clown set to high, and you're using that one-off jobslot to be a nuisance; More than that, you're getting away with it because "lel just honkin around :^)"
AdenAbrafo

Post by AdenAbrafo » #46741

Obviously he didn't get away with it, as he was brigged for more than 5 minutes before he was dragged up to perma. What's the point you're trying to make? Shitty clowns that get away with being shit because they're clowns deserve die? He got punished, there was no need to beat him to death when he was already in the permabrig.
Or are you trying to make the point that clowns who do anything mildly bad, even if it's just vandalism, deserve to be beaten to death by security?
Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #46906

oranges wrote:How is Psyentific not jobbanned from sec? That's a terrible way to be a security officer really.
Same way Luck's not banned, I'd imagine. The guy beats a Mediborg half to death for trying to drag a wounded guy to medbay, then gets the Warden demoted when he stuncuffs him.
Face it; As shitty as I may or may not be, there are people who are a lot worse running around.
Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #46927

I dunno, this ban request is going nowhere fast. One would think admins would at least poke their heads in, no?
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #46992

You had the clown detained. He had been upgraded to perma as well (it'd be nice to know why he was). There was no reason to continue harassing him and then flat out murdering him (DURRR LET'S EGG HIM ON BY STEALING HIS MASK DURRR HE'S NOT GOING WITH OUR FUNNY LITTLE PRANK, BETTER KILL THE UPPITY CLOWNIGGER!"). Last time I checked, security is held to a higher standard and part of that higher standard includes not turning a prisoner's face into a bloody pulp of blood and grey matter running down the side of a toilet just because you feel like it. You had him in perma, he was already out of your hair. Should have just left him to play arcade games and grow plants and shit, or do some work on the gulag.
iteq

Post by iteq » #46994

just to clear shit up here I never actually damaged the mediborg aside from flashing it seeing as it was dragging the Clown away from me after I presented no threat of harm to him.

also fuck off inti no one needs your steno here
iteq

Post by iteq » #46995

Also, as an edit to the previous post fuck off Psy trying to take the issue off how shitty you were to the clown and trying to apply the blame on me.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #47005

Psyentific wrote:I dunno, this ban request is going nowhere fast. One would think admins would at least poke their heads in, no?
I'll pass this on when I log in tonight.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #47072

hahaha and now everyone is steno'ing all over the thread
what a joke
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #47075

So this is basically "I killed the clown, rather than brig him like I would anybody else, because he was a clown."

Or am I reading this wrong, Psyentific?
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #47104

Naw, that's pretty right. I wouldn't have batted an eye at the guy if he was an assistant doing exactly the same stuff.
omnitricks

Post by omnitricks » #47128

I was the QM in this round. It was horrible to say the least and the clown was not in as much fault or shit as the officers claimed. I put more of the blame on the silicons for not allowing the officers to arrest the clown when they haven't even had any reason to suspect security was out to harm the clown which was one of the reasons why i was hacking the doors to get at him (besides wanting to put a shockpack on him)

Straight up, the silicons were acting very disruptive and roguish. Luck was pretty much justified in beating the borg that round for that (in blatantly refusing law 2 orders as well) but then he got distracted by the Warden because the Warden was randomly shooting up officers. He had really bad luck but everything he did was entirely justified.

There was infighting in security started by the warden. With everything that was going on I don't think the officers were in the wrong for not preventing the clown's murder because of the mess up but murdering him was horrible by the officer. What I know of the clown until I lost him in the SMES room was simple. He busted the HoP's windows. A two minute sentence at most for vandalism which most people would overlook. The rest was him being dicked around by the borg and the officers which he had no control of whatsoever. If any officer sentenced him more for that, thats shit. Murder is really over the line.

Up to losing the clown in the SMES room and then seeing security fighting each other in the brig when the clown was eventually brought there, I don't know what else went on after.

But you should have asked the warden or HoS if you could execute. You had no authority to do so. Especially when you baited him to react by trying to steal his mask for no reason other than to be a dick if it as you said.
AdenAbrafo

Post by AdenAbrafo » #47135

The cyborg was justified in how it was acting. The officers arresting the clown harmbaton'd him or someone just before that I believe. That gives the cyborg reason enough to believe that the already hurt clown is going to be hurt even more, which he in fact was.

Not really related to the complaint but just to clarify, I shot the officers to stop them from killing a cyborg that was just following its laws.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #47301

Psyentific wrote:Naw, that's pretty right. I wouldn't have batted an eye at the guy if he was an assistant doing exactly the same stuff.
Well, that was easy then. I've issued a week long secban.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #47320

I guess so, huh. I'm just a bit disappointed that it took three days to get this far.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #47537

This was handled by Saegrimr, at least 1 ban or jobban was issued. PM Saegrimr if you want details but don't expect to get them just cause.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW: