Your byond account: TimrodDX
Your character name: Joe Gillian
Their character name: Yahir Hunt and Jose Guest
Their byond account(optional, but useful if you can provide it):
Server and time: Sibyl, ~4:15 AM EST
Logs and/or screenshots:

http://imgur.com/jBOEYNg,n5AcmKC,k4qIUwe,GF0faTw

Description of what happened:

In the round before this one, I was a changeling as assistant. I broke into tech storage to get gloves, and these two guys, Yahir Hunt and Jose Guest, both roboticists come along and start grabbing the gloves. Naturally, since the doors are closed, I cryosting/mute sting them and kill them both with a toolbox. A nosy medic got one of them out, but I took the other one (Jose) into maint and absorbed him.

This round, I was going into tech storage for gloves as a non-antag. Jose and Yahir, again roboticists, come along and take the gloves. This time, I leave without fighting - I disarm Yahir ONCE and accidentally hit Jose with the toolbox ONCE on the way out. They proceed to lead a lynch mob, feeling that I'd meta-griefed them (in deadchat, they said I was 'in danger of becoming the next Dante Smith' because of how much I murderbone apparently when that's not normally a thing I do). The roundtype was Double Agent, and as you can see in the logs, neither of them were agents. Key notes include:

> Jose justifying killing me because I'm "probably a ling", without any actual proof.
> Jose admitting to not being a DA
> Jose and Yahir not being on the DA list

Why they should be banned:

RDM, Meta-grudge.
Zelacks
Byond Username: Zelacks

Re: Ban Request: Yahir Hunt and Jose Guest

Post by Zelacks » #3588

My experience with this round was that Jose Guest screamed at the beginning of the round that Joe Gillian stole gloves.
Later on, I am in the bar (Jacquetta Richter, Assistant) I see these two dicklords in the hallway bashing Joe to death.
And it was clearly personal, he was dead and they just kept hitting him, for over a minute or two
I came out to the hallway, and then one of them (Jose Guest) decides to go and space him at the chapel. This is where I decided to interfere, and I tried to drag the corpse away from him, because of the questionable stealing gloves escalation. Death is whatever, but being spaced and removed from the round completely over gloves is not really fair.

As soon as I start dragging the corpse away, he turns hostile and starts beating me with his toolbox, I hit red health and run away, at this time there were other people trying to drag the corpse away, all who are also attacked by Jose Guest.

Probably unrelated, but I am made into a DA soon afterwards, after being healed.
"A game about running around and getting in fights. Then you complain to the admins to get the other guy banned. There's also a space station or something"
PJB3005
Byond Username: PJB3005

Post by PJB3005 » #3599

that did indeed happen, but later on, he broke in into robotics through the window, we went after him, and yes, in retrospect we DID exxagrevate a bit too much, but later on somebody broke into robotics killing me and a fellow roboticist through that window, wich we would maybe have survived otherwise, also, if he wanted gloves, he could ask, not attack and break in, we were angry because last round he killed us in tech storage right at the beginning of the round, in almost the same way as he tried to disarm jose.
Timrod

Post by Timrod » #3642

PJB3005 wrote:that did indeed happen, but later on, he broke in into robotics through the window, we went after him, and yes, in retrospect we DID exxagrevate a bit too much, but later on somebody broke into robotics killing me and a fellow roboticist through that window, wich we would maybe have survived otherwise, also, if he wanted gloves, he could ask, not attack and break in, we were angry because last round he killed us in tech storage right at the beginning of the round, in almost the same way as he tried to disarm jose.
Okay, here's the thing about that. Assistants breaking into places is pretty common-place, and usually not murder-worthy. Granted, I once murdered an assistant who had broken into R&D and disposaled the stuff mining had just dropped off (it turns out he put them in the lathe and I just never saw it), but the usual protocol for these things is to either call security or simply let them out. Also, I never actually stole the gloves - Jose had them the entire time.

You should also probably consider that Tech Storage is a room with flashes. If I had actually wanted to kill you, I would've grabbed a flash, or at least would've actually attacked as opposed to simply disarming once and running.
ZypherFields

Post by ZypherFields » #3664

I submit this screenshot album in my defense.

http://imgur.com/a/s5XoL

The series of events provided previously is true to a point. I agree with PBJ3005, we were a bit overzealous in response to Joe Gillian's break in to engineering storage. I also agree that the subsequent murder and attempted spacing of Joe Gillian could be construed as overkill, however what happened after we were cloned seems to prove my original reasoning that Joe Gillian would keep trying to kill Yahir and me correct.

This incident blew out of proportion because we did not have a very responsive security team that round. The previous couple of rounds had been pretty crazy as well as the subsequent rev round after that.

The sequence of events according to me are:

>go to secure engi and pick up gloves

>get knocked down by Joe Gillian

>believe that he stole my gloves

>give call for security and give chase

>loose track of him and give up, go back to robotics with yahir

>Joe Gillian attempts to break into robo, yahir and I decide to have none of his shit and chase him down and robust him to death.

>convinced Joe gillian is an antag because he keeps trying to get at either yahir or myself

>want to space his body either way because of fear that Joe Gillian is going to keep trying to kill the both of us.

>prevented from doing so by assistant squad, fears of trouble afoot increase, yahir no where near me, probably back in robo.

>beat to death by someone with ebow, dragged off and cloned, not sure by who.

>murdered by Joe gillian after cloning via screwdriver to eyes. Spaced in locker outside of rescue shuttle dock

I argue that if Timrod had indeed felt that his claim was legitimate he would not have murdered me after we both had been cloned. At that time I was not attempting to attack him, nor had i any intention of doing so. He found a screwdriver and stabbed out my eyes before I could react, then spaced my body. If he was concerned that I was going to attack him the absoulte least he could have done to stregnthin his agrument would have been to try to put my body on the shuttle.

This is also aggravated by him bragging in OOC chat at the lobby wait of next round.

While you could argue that there was meta gaming because he was ling last round i would conjecture that the previous assault on my person combined with attempts to break into robotics was reason enough to want to prevent joe gillian from becoming a further threat.

As it turns out i learned in dead chat that Joe Gillian was a traitor that round, and while I am unsure of his target, it clearly was not yahir or myself as Joe gillian claims that "If I had actually wanted to kill you, I would've grabbed a flash, or at least would've actually attacked as opposed to simply disarming once and running"

I do not know his reasoning for breaking into robotics, i do not know his reasoning for killing me after cloning and spacing my body, I do not know his reason he broke into robotics again and murdered yahir. (the murder of yahir is conjecture but considering how Joe gillian was playing it should be a safe guess)
Timrod

Post by Timrod » #3679

ZypherFields wrote:I submit this screenshot album in my defense.

http://imgur.com/a/s5XoL

The series of events provided previously is true to a point. I agree with PBJ3005, we were a bit overzealous in response to Joe Gillian's break in to engineering storage. I also agree that the subsequent murder and attempted spacing of Joe Gillian could be construed as overkill, however what happened after we were cloned seems to prove my original reasoning that Joe Gillian would keep trying to kill Yahir and me correct.

This incident blew out of proportion because we did not have a very responsive security team that round. The previous couple of rounds had been pretty crazy as well as the subsequent rev round after that.

The sequence of events according to me are:

>go to secure engi and pick up gloves

>get knocked down by Joe Gillian

>believe that he stole my gloves

>give call for security and give chase

>loose track of him and give up, go back to robotics with yahir

>Joe Gillian attempts to break into robo, yahir and I decide to have none of his shit and chase him down and robust him to death.

>convinced Joe gillian is an antag because he keeps trying to get at either yahir or myself

>want to space his body either way because of fear that Joe Gillian is going to keep trying to kill the both of us.

>prevented from doing so by assistant squad, fears of trouble afoot increase, yahir no where near me, probably back in robo.

>beat to death by someone with ebow, dragged off and cloned, not sure by who.

>murdered by Joe gillian after cloning via screwdriver to eyes. Spaced in locker outside of rescue shuttle dock

I argue that if Timrod had indeed felt that his claim was legitimate he would not have murdered me after we both had been cloned. At that time I was not attempting to attack him, nor had i any intention of doing so. He found a screwdriver and stabbed out my eyes before I could react, then spaced my body. If he was concerned that I was going to attack him the absoulte least he could have done to stregnthin his agrument would have been to try to put my body on the shuttle.

This is also aggravated by him bragging in OOC chat at the lobby wait of next round.

While you could argue that there was meta gaming because he was ling last round i would conjecture that the previous assault on my person combined with attempts to break into robotics was reason enough to want to prevent joe gillian from becoming a further threat.

As it turns out i learned in dead chat that Joe Gillian was a traitor that round, and while I am unsure of his target, it clearly was not yahir or myself as Joe gillian claims that "If I had actually wanted to kill you, I would've grabbed a flash, or at least would've actually attacked as opposed to simply disarming once and running"

I do not know his reasoning for breaking into robotics, i do not know his reasoning for killing me after cloning and spacing my body, I do not know his reason he broke into robotics again and murdered yahir. (the murder of yahir is conjecture but considering how Joe gillian was playing it should be a safe guess)
You've got several things wrong there. I wasn't a DA. I did notice that you used that excuse yesterday ("It's okay if I kill him if he turns out to be a traitor"). I also did not break into robotics a second time and murder Yahir - I was dead when Yahir was killed, and he was executed by Security for murder from what I was told. The reason I murdered you in genetics is because at that point, you were a valid kill regardless of whether or not you were an antag. If you'll notice, no one even tried to stop me dragging your body and spacing it because they knew what you'd done.

It also seems like you're blaming me for your first death by ebow, when you brought that ENTIRELY UPON YOURSELF by trying to space my body. The guy with the ebow was in Chapel Maint, and I was long dead by that point.
Anton Raginovsky

Post by Anton Raginovsky » #3685

Zelacks wrote: As soon as I start dragging the corpse away, he turns hostile and starts beating me with his toolbox, I hit red health and run away, at this time there were other people trying to drag the corpse away, all who are also attacked by Jose Guest.
I also attempted to drag the body away, only to be attacked. An Antag showed up moments later though, so I can't hold them responsible for my death.
Image Image
Image Image
Antonkr
Byond Username: Antonkr

Post by Antonkr » #7356

Apologies for late response, but from what I got of the situation I don't see anything as way too out of reason and IC.
No longer an admin by own free will. Feel free to add me on steam.