Leeroy Jenkins for murdering me over a Phazon

Post by Bombadil » #76351

Your byond account:Kromgar
Your character name:Azimuth Daler
Their character name:Leeroy Jenkins
Their byond account(optional, but useful if you can provide it):
Server and time:10:30-10:40est Sybil 3/18/2015 for Europe 18/3/2015

Logs and/or screenshots:
Your eyes are really starting to hurt. This can't be good for you!
Leeroy Jenkins blinds Azimuth Daler with the flash!
Leeroy Jenkins has bludgeoned Azimuth Daler in the left leg with the pocket crowbar!
Azimuth Daler has disarmed Leeroy Jenkins!
Leeroy Jenkins has punched Azimuth Daler!
[Common] Valeria Wheeler says, "Guys guys"
Azimuth Daler attempted to disarm Leeroy Jenkins!
[Command] Alison Moon asks, "You want me to get him?"
Leeroy Jenkins stabs you in the eye with the screwdriver!
Your eyes start to bleed profusely!
You drop what you're holding and clutch at your eyes!
Leeroy Jenkins stabs you in the eye with the screwdriver!
You go blind!
... You can almost hear someone talking ...
You go blind!
You go blind!
You go blind!

Description of what happened:
>Be RD.
>AI is apparently rogue as shit
>Roboticists won't finish the work on the phazon. I get all the components and boards needed to finish it
>Finish it entirely from the base with wires cleaned up(It was prebuilt up to this point) to a full phazon
>Roboticist tries to climb in I push him out of the way(walked into him with non-help intent) and climb in
>Go and kill the AI
>Comeback put phazon in charger
>Suddenly Leeroy Jenkins starts flashing me and bludgeoning me and stabbing me in the eyes while I'm in Robotics recharging the phazon
>He's non-antag
>Only AI was a traitor
>Gamarr rules it's an ic issue.
>Not a traitor
>Murdered me over a mech he barely put any work into and I was his superior officer
>Gamarr said it was a ic issue and that he was clearly in the right for murdering me

Why they should be banned: He murdered me over a phazon he put almost no work into and just fucking jumped me and beat me to death as a non-antagonist after I had killed the AI flooding the station with plasma and locking doors and shit with the Phazon i took.
Last edited by Bombadil on Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Re: Leeroy Jenkins for murdering me over a Phazon

Post by Timbrewolf » #76352

As the head of science I don't see any reason the RD shouldn't be able to commandeer something like a half-finished mech for their own. Given the immediate need for a good weapon to kill the AI with it sounds like you did the station a huge service and then got murdered by a vengeful roboticist.

I wouldn't rule this as valid escalation given that you outrank the roboticist and the situation this occurred in. I'll get Gamarr to give his opinion and the person who killed you in here.

EDIT: This is probably going to be relevant so I'm going to leave this here for easy access

https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Guide_to_robotics#Phazon
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Jeb
Byond Username: Stapler2025

Post by Jeb » #76355

Just halfway spent a round in robotics with leeroy, seems like all he did the entire time was bitch when the RD took materials from him.

MUH STOMPY MECH is kinda what this sounds like, considering he was building a mech for himself at round end (leeroy was).
Guy that made a thing that got put on the homepage of /tg/station13
Defeated in the Great Purge of 2014
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
Johnson Fitzwell asks, "HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?"
Gamarr
Byond Username: Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #76357

You say he put barely any work in, and he is going to say the same thing about you when you both probably put effort into it. Which you are both at fault over a fight happening over this, though saying that he is the Roboticist and you are the RD who is supposed to be a boss head man supervisor guy, is it that difficult to direct someone to do it and delegate instead of being the hero? If you had used the mech to do your thing and then returned it to him, it'd have gone differently.

So roboticist A says he built the mech with his materials, and you steal it (which you admitted to already by stepping by him and getting instead first). The Head of his dept took someting for the greater good, that's all fine, but why didn't you just let the roboticist do it and tell him to go kill the AI instead of risking yourself? What he sees is you stealing a weaponized mech that passes through walls and then trying to keep it, and he kills you for keeping what he feels is his project.

The issue being that you both are going to feel it's 'yours' when you, as the RD, should've been the bigger man and let your employee to do it instead of just trying to use your rank to take what you want (like what too many head players seem to like; using their rank to take what they want while not actually exercising responsibility in their workplace). Situation shouldn't have been instigated in the first place, but since you HAD to save the station yourself (in your eyes), you shoved your nose into someones project and took it, and shit happened because of it. To me that looks like IC escalation, even if I would not have killed you over it. Maybe just a heavy beating, but you being the RD that wouldn't have been the end of it I doubt anyway, deserved or not.
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Post by Bombadil » #76358

Gamarr wrote:You say he put barely any work in, and he is going to say the same thing about you when you both probably put effort into it. Which you are both at fault over a fight happening over this, though saying that he is the Roboticist and you are the RD who is supposed to be a boss head man supervisor guy, is it that difficult to direct someone to do it and delegate instead of being the hero? If you had used the mech to do your thing and then returned it to him, it'd have gone differently.

So roboticist A says he built the mech with his materials, and you steal it (which you admitted to already by stepping by him and getting instead first). The Head of his dept took someting for the greater good, that's all fine, but why didn't you just let the roboticist do it and tell him to go kill the AI instead of risking yourself? What he sees is you stealing a weaponized mech that passes through walls and then trying to keep it, and he kills you for keeping what he feels is his project.

The issue being that you both are going to feel it's 'yours' when you, as the RD, should've been the bigger man and let your employee to do it instead of just trying to use your rank to take what you want (like what too many head players seem to like; using their rank to take what they want while not actually exercising responsibility in their workplace). Situation shouldn't have been instigated in the first place, but since you HAD to save the station yourself (in your eyes), you shoved your nose into someones project and took it, and shit happened because of it. To me that looks like IC escalation, even if I would not have killed you over it. Maybe just a heavy beating, but you being the RD that wouldn't have been the end of it I doubt anyway, deserved or not.
I can get so many valids now with this logic here.(Its a joke but this logic really could be used to murder people for stealing anything)

Miner jumps in and makes a Boh? MY PROJECT MY MATERIALS ILL KILL YOUUUUU.

Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #76359

Jeb wrote:Just halfway spent a round in robotics with leeroy, seems like all he did the entire time was bitch when the RD took materials from him.

MUH STOMPY MECH is kinda what this sounds like, considering he was building a mech for himself at round end (leeroy was).
Does he mean the 2 uranium I used in the destructive analyzer? Mekhi and him were fucking flipping their shit about it.

Mekhi and him started screaming "HERETIC HERETIC." Then he(Leeroy Jenkins) started fucking grabbing me and improving the grab for some reason nonstop even after i blinded him with my pointer.

IT WAS 2 FUCKING URANIUM PIECES FOR RESEARCH.
Last edited by Bombadil on Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #76364

Gamarr wrote:his materials
Its not his at all, he works for the RD and ultimately anything that goes on the station is property of the captain and heads its all delegated too.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #76367

callanrockslol wrote:
Gamarr wrote:his materials
Its not his at all, he works for the RD and ultimately anything that goes on the station is property of the captain and heads its all delegated too.
I mean frankly I don't understand why there arn't locks for the combat mechs still. Or the ability to add a thing that checks for loyalty implants and security status.

RG4
Byond Username: RG4ORDR

Post by RG4 » #76371

Bombadil wrote:
Jeb wrote:Just halfway spent a round in robotics with leeroy, seems like all he did the entire time was bitch when the RD took materials from him.

Does he mean the 2 uranium I used in the destructive analyzer? Mekhi and him were fucking flipping their shit about it.

Mekhi and him started screaming "HERETIC HERETIC." Then he started fucking grabbing me and improving the grab for some reason nonstop even after i blinded him with my pointer.

Alright I'll rationalize this from Bombadil's POV.
He as the RD heard the AI going going nutters and literally only thing that would be able to stop it was probably the Phazon they were building. He see's that it's partially complete so he finishes it off and takes it from the robos to kill the AI and gets killed over it.
Now from Leeroy's POV.
He was a robo who was probably working on the Phazon but didn't have the parts actually needed for it, IE: Boards,Scanner, Capacitor, and Blue Space Crystals. Unless they built their own R&D machines in the mech bay then no shit it wouldn't be finished. So you come in and finish it off, probably thinking you're being a cool bro. But you end up taking it for yourself and end up getting robusted.

Both of you are wrong and right at the same time. While the RD is entitled to get shit from the mech bay as they please, I mean I do it, but you didn't bother to ask, he probably had the SAME IDEA as you. Secondly he had built and put the frame work together, you just had the other parts needed to fix it, plus you fucking R&D'd uranium, that's heretical as fuck and I'd be pissed too if you did that. My advice is learn how to RD picos and SMBs works so much better. Admittingly Robo's take pride in their work and usually want to be heroes with their mechs, while the RD was technically within his rights to nab the mech to kill the AI, granted asking first would've been best or telling him to go kill the AI is even better.

I mean trust me, I've been banned for mech shenanigans as the RD before, but I also play RD enough to tell you stealing mechs regardless if you made them or not will piss off the person you took it from.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #76392

Mekhi here.
Just liek to add, I didn't do anything to the RD, and I just felt like standing by and screaming heretic because he didn't use a pico/card when he could. :^)
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #76396

RG4, roboticists can literally just walk into R&D and use the machines, there aren't any airlocks or ID restrictions anymore.

Also if you murder your head for saving the station, then BRINGING THE MECH BACK you're a massive fucking shitter, no way about it.
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #76403

RG4 wrote:
Bombadil wrote:

Mekhi and him started screaming "HERETIC HERETIC." Then he started fucking grabbing me and improving the grab for some reason nonstop even after i blinded him with my pointer.

He as the RD heard the AI going going nutters and literally only thing that would be able to stop it was probably the Phazon they were building. He see's that it's partially complete so he finishes it off and takes it from the robos to kill the AI and gets killed over it.
Now from Leeroy's POV.
He was a robo who was probably working on the Phazon but didn't have the parts actually needed for it, IE: Boards,Scanner, Capacitor, and Blue Space Crystals. Unless they built their own R&D machines in the mech bay then no shit it wouldn't be finished. So you come in and finish it off, probably thinking you're being a cool bro. But you end up taking it for yourself and end up getting robusted.

Both of you are wrong and right at the same time. While the RD is entitled to get shit from the mech bay as they please, I mean I do it, but you didn't bother to ask, he probably had the SAME IDEA as you. Secondly he had built and put the frame work together, you just had the other parts needed to fix it, plus you fucking R&D'd uranium, that's heretical as fuck and I'd be pissed too if you did that. My advice is learn how to RD picos and SMBs works so much better. Admittingly Robo's take pride in their work and usually want to be heroes with their mechs, while the RD was technically within his rights to nab the mech to kill the AI, granted asking first would've been best or telling him to go kill the AI is even better.

I mean trust me, I've been banned for mech shenanigans as the RD before, but I also play RD enough to tell you stealing mechs regardless if you made them or not will piss off the person you took it from.
The thing was Leeroy was in the research lab for 3-5 minutes at the machine making nothing. So i made all the boards and parts and finished it. Also there isn't a ID lock on destructive analyzer anymore or making anything. Robotics can come into the lab and do research if they want to. All of it. You a shaft miner? You can finish research

Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #76405

kevinz000 wrote:Mekhi here.
Just liek to add, I didn't do anything to the RD, and I just felt like standing by and screaming heretic because he didn't use a pico/card when he could. :^)
Sorry i should of better worded my post to say Leeroy grabbed me

Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #76510

The presiding precedent has always been that if some ass clown jacks your mech they're as valid as salad.

BUT! this situation is a bit different because its two science workers.
One person technically being the others boss is a moot point imo, we'd probably call the captain a comdom or the HoS a shitler if they ran in and took the mech for themselves.

Really its going to boil down into who put in the most effort to build the mech.
-Who spent the most time assembling the parts
-Who expended the most effort procuring the materials
-Who was the one that played the boring "Follow this wiki guide for research levels" mini-game

Another key point is going the be the question of for how long did the robotocist leave the partly built mech?
Was there a reason they'd left the mech, maybe there was something more pressing to attend to?
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #76553

The CKEY of Leeroy is a player named luigil101.

He has very little history here and no notes. I'll get him in here to comment on his side of things before making a judgement.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
luigil101

Post by luigil101 » #76605

I was requested to post here by the admin, So I shall.

RG4 wrote:
Bombadil wrote:

Now from Leeroy's POV.

What was stated here is entirely what happened, With a bit extra to it.

From when I first even heard of the phazon, I've wanted to build and pilot one, Over my SS13 career I've seen plenty of phazons used, Each time making me want one more. Then I find this server, where I can actually build one for myself, It was dream come true for me.

So from round start, I work in robotics, borg some people, make cargo their ripley, and never get a chance to make a phazon due to the shuttle being called at the first second of anything ever, along with the miners not mining enough plasma for it. So for several rounds, it's was a failure after a failure, round after round. Then this round happens, and I finally get the stuff I need, all the mats, and I build the phazon. During that time, I'm doing normal robo stuff, Expecting another failure, Seeing you dicking about in research, and then watching you destruct two sheets of uranium.

Was attempting to strangle you a bit over the top? Yes.
Do I feel justified in doing it, Yes to that as well, Wasting resources pisses me the fuck off, more than anything else in the god damn world.

So you're dicking about, and then cargo comes, and drags in the god damn motherload... All the resources I need for a phazon. So when this happened, I all but sprinted at research, begging for the parts I need, to which you responded with what tech it takes, and a mocking shout of "Have fun". Me, Not knowing anything of this station's research tree, I could not do any of what was required to get them. Which I was rather heartbroken, This close, and failing.

Then you come in, finish research, and drag over the boards, Me, Completely thinking that you were going to finish it up for me, I thought you were a god teir bro, and just had something shitty happen to you earlier, either in game, or real life. So I'm grinning ear to ear, finally getting what I always wanted, all but wishing I could come over to you physically and give you a grand ole bear hug for this. And then you finish it, Shove me over when I try to get in, and jump in yourself, and phase through the wall.

Rage, Hatred, Internal Screaming of blood and fire. Months of waiting for the chance, and this shit. No No, Fuck No, No.

So I'm seething, and I walk around completely pissed, you apparently killed the AI yourself, instead of laughing about in my mech. Then I see you again, and decide, That was my fucking mech, Time to fucking die.

So, Flash, bash, screwdriver express. You're now dead, And I can't get in my Phazon, Because you fucking DNA locked it.

That's pretty much my story on this. Lots of waiting since I was a starry eyed greyfriend, on plenty of different servers, seeing all these badass mechs. To be fucked over after all that time... Burn maim purge kill.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #76616

If you had controlled your raging murderboner, you could have just asked for him to remove the dna lock and give you your mech back, after he saved the station from a rogue AI.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #76639

1) He's your boss. He's in charge of the department you work in including its resources. Getting to lord over everyone else in the department is the reward you get for putting up with everyone's crap and being a major target.
2) He took that mech to save the station from a major threat, then brought it back.
3) Looking at the build order for a Phazon, the amount of work you did on the mech is less than the amount of work he did on the mech.
4) You didn't attempt to communicate with him before stabbing him. In fact you hardly talked to him at all except to alternatively call him a piece of shit or ask him for materials for your mech.

I found some choice quotes of yours while investigating the logs such as:

[20:32:10]SAY: Leeroy Jenkins/Luigil101 : 3 sec borgs... I sense a oncoming malf AI
[20:58:43]SAY: Leeroy Jenkins/Luigil101 : <i>Other roboticist, just a warning, if you dissapear for the entire shift, I'm going to hunt you down and kill you</i>
[21:57:27]SAY: Leeroy Jenkins/Luigil101 : We either have a traitor RD, or a fresh newfriend who thought going RD was a good idea

As well as a bunch of other hostile/territorial threats to people over forceborging and random meta shit.

I'm banning you from roboticist. Your exosuit fetish and dumb attitude make you a terrible robo.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #76825

Request resolved by a headmin, 24 hours and I'm resolving this unless the banned has anything else to say.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you