Requests which have been closed
Neapher
Byond Username: Neapher

Badknees Cagney is a shit/Admins don't do shit

Post by Neapher » #81589

Your byond account: Neapher
Your character name: Jon Rude
Their character name: Badknees Cagney
Their byond account(optional, but useful if you can provide it): Sorry, don't know it.
Server and time: Sybil 10:40PM Friday
Logs and/or screenshots:

http://pastebin.com/H4A55UtA

Description of what happened:
During cult round I was a CE model citizen... meaning I didn't do shit for the cult. Yeah sue me. I got my arcane tome, wrote some notes and was going to card the AI when a sec borg showed up and saw me lurking around AI sat. Well I noped the fuck out of that one. I took my cult shit and stashed it in an O2 locker before wiring the solars to create an alibi. That was the last time I saw it.

I did at one point earlier in the round decide that I should help the cult a little bit, so I poured some welder fuel on a lizard and set him and myself on fire. That lasted three whole seconds before I fucked off, changed my clothes and created an alibi by going to space (leading to the previous story).

I also found out that the camera in the toxins storage was disabled so to create a panic and attempt to help my cult again I opened two NO2 tanks and forgot to wear a gas mask. A lawyer and a scientist rescued me and I was able to bullshit them to think I was ambushed. I framed a guy later and he was arrested. Last time it was mentioned.

When problems began to happen was when I was in science later fixing my toxins mess. I turned on the panic syphons to air out the wing and while waiting for the NO2 to disperse I was tased by a sec guard and dragged to brig by a borg (I want to call law 1 on this but fuck it the AI could deal with atmos). I was in the clusterfuck of a brig complaining that I was arrested while fixing the air content when the warden stripped me to my boots and jumpsuit, dragged me to the escape pod, grabbed me and threw me into space at the speed of sound.

I ahelped it at the time and the admin response was "You were confirmed cult" How was I confirmed cult? "You attacked multiple people and had cult items."
I've already stated why this is bullshit. Admins took no further action for the remainder of the round despite further shit behavior from the warden.

Later during evacuation the HoS showed that he had no knowledge I was dead. I was executed without evidence, without permission, and without admin interaction to a reasonable extent. I was also a head of staff with the ID on my person to prove it, so that's even further being shit.

He was not cult or traitor.

Why they should be banned:

Thoroughly shit behavior, execution without even saying a word to the prisoner or his superior, and absolutely zero evidence or even having been told my charges. Nobody at any point told him what I was guilty of except that an officer told the borg to arrest me. Ruined an otherwise unproductive but fun round.

I'm less bothered that a shit player murdered me, and continued to be a shit all round than I am by the fact that admins did not do anything to intervene in the shitty behavior and waived it based on charges that could not be proven which shows that they did not actually investigate the situation.

This is PURE LAZINESS from the admins and a common reason that /tg/ popularity is declining rapidly. Admins should be held to a higher standard and actually have to work to keep their position rather than fuck off and tell me I can't plasma bomb genetics.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: Badknees Cagney is a shit/Admins don't do shit

Post by Vekter » #81598

1) You aren't permitted to help the cult without admin approval.
2) If you have issue with the way it was handled by an admin, make an admin complaint. That part of the request will be ignored.
3) You set a guy on fire and were found with cult gear. I'd space you too, BUT I would have at least told you why first. I'll look into this shortly.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #81609

Just to note, I've had to handle literally the exact same situation with Badknees before. He doesn't seem to understand that cultists can be deconverted - I get so many ahelps asking if he's a ling or something because he silently pulls people out and spaces them without a word.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #81611

Alright, thanks for context Scones. I'll have a chat with him.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #81634

Adding context: The OP claims that he did NOT have cult gear at the time, which is the gist of his argument, apparently - that he was executed under proof manufactured by security (and that they may have lied to an investigating admin)
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #81651

Not sure if this belongs here, but a few days ago I was a doctor during the "spider swarm nightmare" round, and Badknees as the detective saw the CMO, Von Kross, using a duel esword on a giant spider in the medbay lobby (he wasn't an antag, I guess he found it or something). Badknees immediately unloaded on the CMO with his revolver and put him into crit, and then finished him off with an execution on the spot. I tried dragging the CMO to the medbay storage room to defib him, but Badknees followed me and shot me in the leg, before dragging the body off to sec or something, they never were brought back for cloning or borging. I'll admit that the CMO should have been stunned, cuffed and brought to the brig for having a dual esword out of nowhere, but he was using it on the hostile giant spiders that were stinging everyone and was making no effort to conceal it, which kinda tips the scales towards the "maybe he's not a traitor" side of the scale. Its the fact that Badknees summarily executed the unconscious and harmless CMO, as the detective of all people, and then proceeded to shoot a doctor trying to save their life, before dragging the body off never to be seen again (much less cloned or borged) that flagrantly crosses the line.

Again, this is an unrelated incident and I don't know if this belongs here, but I feel like it should be brought up to show that it's not an isolated incident with Badknees.
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Neapher
Byond Username: Neapher

Post by Neapher » #81850

Vekter wrote:1) You aren't permitted to help the cult without admin approval.
2) If you have issue with the way it was handled by an admin, make an admin complaint. That part of the request will be ignored.
3) You set a guy on fire and were found with cult gear. I'd space you too, BUT I would have at least told you why first. I'll look into this shortly.
I was a roundstart cultist and I was not found with cult gear at any time.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Adding context: The OP claims that he did NOT have cult gear at the time, which is the gist of his argument, apparently - that he was executed under proof manufactured by security (and that they may have lied to an investigating admin)
That is exactly what I believe happened. I had solid alibis for if security did investigate me, and even if they somehow knew I was a cultist there was no evidence that was ever found to convict me of it.

What I'm saying the problem was is that I (think, i'm really not sure because I was arrested and executed without a word to me or any other sec officer about what I had done) was arrested for non-cult behavior (Siphoning toxic air from science) and executed silently. When I ahelped it the responding admin said I was arrested for attacking multiple people (Partially right, but definitely not in context.) and was found with cult items (I had none.) Which insinuates that he lied to the admin and said that's why I was killed.

Fun bonus: He didn't really search me from what I could tell, he just stripped me down to a jumpsuit and shoes.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #87844

Given its been over a month since anything has happened with this, I'm considering it resolved.

PM me if it need reopening etc.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box