Byond Username: IyaerP

Randy Savage as HoP for spamming captain IDs

Post by iyaerP » #87596

Your byond account: iyaerP
Your character name: Windows LinOSX
Their character name: Randy Savage
Their byond account(optional, but useful if you can provide it): unknown
Server and time: Sybil, ~6:00 EST
Logs and/or screenshots: The round went on so long that my logs didn't cover the whole round, and the relevant part is at the beginning.
Description of what happened: Randy Savage, as HoP, and the only starting member of the station command staff made about 20 Captain ID cards. I saw this as AI and sent an adminhelp that went unheeded as there were no admins online at this time. Subsequently, all traitors and the changeling were able to obtain all-access which resulted in subverting of the station AI (myself) as well as mass breakins and grey-tide by various members of the crew including the mime Omerta, Somme Schlutt, and Gojira (who had changed his profession to Head Gangster). Said greytiding included armoury looting, and space lubing the halls.
Why they should be banned: Reckless disregard for the responsibilities of their job position, indirectly assisting traitors, it really looked like a "there's no admins on, time to be a shitler" moment. A lot of the grief and problems that this round have can be directly traced to the "all access for everyone."

At round end, HoP was not listed as a traitor, but all three traitors had used the all access IDs to get their traitoring and murdering done.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: Randy Savage as HoP for spamming captain IDs

Post by DemonFiren » #87605

"This isn't baystation" is not an excuse in this case. You enable griff, you probably deserve to get slapped for it.
And HoPs handing out all-access like candy are probably the biggest griff-enabler this game has, short of Science handing out Ripleys holding TTV-packed BoHs like candy.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #87612

rdght91 wrote:This isn't baystation and "reckless disregard" for your job is basically what makes this game fun.
People normally get jobbanned for doing his as HoP despite whatever part of server culture you think enables this.

The exception in this case is that as the sole head of staff, he is effectively the Captain of the station, and this may have been within his perogrative to do.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
iyaerP

Post by iyaerP » #87698

I will admit that I am not terribly invested in seeing a ban out of this, I don't have a burning need for revenge, it is just that had it happened during normal hours, when admins were online, I feel like a ban probably would have come out of it, hence why I made this thread. At this point I don't care much what happens one way or another, but this incident was something that felt like it definitely should have been brought to administrative attention.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #87700

No worries, it's better to have some reports that don't really lead to anywhere than to have people get away with legitimate grief.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
EmGee
Byond Username: EmGee

Post by EmGee » #87838

Hi.

I play Randy Savage, and I'd like to explain my actions.
It was 6am, there were 15 players on, and I was the only head of staff.
I ahelped that I have to go, and Vekter instantly chimed in, and told me it was A-OK if I told the rest of the command staff
I told him that that there is none, and his response was "figure it out lel, promote somone or something."
And so I did.

In my mind it seemed like a good idea at the time.

I proceeded to promote everyone.

Forever.

In my drunken mind it seemed like a interesting social experiment. Nobody was above the others.
Total equality. Total anarchy.

I had seen it working on previous rounds pretty well. If someone acted like a traitorous scum, they would get dunked.
Everyone would have equal footing and that kind of jazz.

I saw several traitors emerge, and get dunked.

It worked beautifully, but in the same time, it failed horribly.

I admit that I enabled shitlery and made traitor's lifes a lot more easier.

But in the same time, I made other people's life easier too.
Traitors and validhunters had equal footing.

(IE: the cap who subverted you was promptly dunked before he could hurt anyone.

I admit that I caused by proxy your death, but you should blame Olorin, not me.

He's the one who screwdrivered you to death.)

As I saw the station burn around me, I decided "Meh, fuck it", and suicided, and went to sleep. I had work in 3 hours.

In the end it didn't work as well as I thought it would, but no permanent harm was done. Nobody's round was unnecessarily ruined.

It wasn't one of my best decisions, but whatever.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #87843

I think in theory it was a nice gimmick that was a tad stupid in hindsight. Given the low pop and the relatively little damaged it cause overall I think we can let this one slide. People do stupid thinks in order to mix up the rounds, sometimes these go well, sometimes they go badly, this was just an example of the later.

I'll give time for the OP to reply to EmGee's reply, but otherwise I think we can wrap this up.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
iyaerP

Post by iyaerP » #88043

I am willing to let it go, but let it be known that it was stupid and got a lot* of people killed.

*for lowpop