Byond Username: Venticuiliar

Ban Request: Nathan Ward

Post by Venticular » #88216

Your byond account: Venticuiliar
Your character name: Sigun Redbeard
Their character name: Nathan Ward
Their byond account(optional, but useful if you can provide it): N/A
Server and time: Basil, ~4:30 CST
Logs and/or screenshots: I talked to Sly about it.
Description of what happened:
I was a detective, and I joined late in the round while the Shuttle was still arriving. I decide to hang out in the escape arm. There are a bunch of tame monsters there, including a goliath. It was randomly opening and closing airlocks, and venting atmosphere.
I go over to the Goliath, and try and shove it out of the airlock, so it won't vent atmosphere. I'm standing in front of it, so I'm not able to get out of the Airlock. Also, I didn't know this at the time, but I wouldn't have succeed anyway.
Up comes this Chemist, Nathan Ward, Chain of Command in hand (however they got it) and takes out a telebaton. They knock me down, which allows me to go through the Goliath, and I fly out of the Airlock.
The Shuttle then arrives, and kills me. Someone goes out and retrieves the body, and some incompetent doctors try to defib me.
Then comes Nathan Ward, says he can brain me and has an MMI (again, however he got it). Doesn't know how to do surgery, I stay dead until round end.

Why they should be banned:
Killed me as a non-antag, then didn't revive me on purpose or just out of incompetence. Also had many restricted items, however he got them. (That is probably an IC issue.)
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: Ban Request: Nathan Ward

Post by Vekter » #88246

Him having rare/restricted items is an IC matter.

Did you do anything that could be perceived as threatening? I can't figure out why he would openly attack you like that.

I'll log dive a bit when I get home.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Venticular

Post by Venticular » #88249

Vekter wrote:Him having rare/restricted items is an IC matter.

Did you do anything that could be perceived as threatening? I can't figure out why he would openly attack you like that.

I'll log dive a bit when I get home.
No. I was just punching the Goliath with my bare hands.

I didn't even have enough time to grab my gun.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #88265

Okay, you punching it would likely be why. not that it's acceptable, but it explains why he brained you.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

Venticular

Post by Venticular » #88313

Vekter wrote:Okay, you punching it would likely be why. not that it's acceptable, but it explains why he brained you.
Well, he tried to brain me and put me in a MMI. However, he didn't know how to do surgery, so I stayed a dead body until round end, with a brain.
sirnat
Byond Username: Sirnat

Post by sirnat » #88334

Hey I'm Nathan, so here's what's up.

I went to escape, saw the monsters. Well, I saw the detective in the airlock and had a baton and it was extended, I meant to ctrl click to grab but instead it knocked him down and I couldn't get by the goliath so I felt like shit. When the shuttle got there I was hoping it had defibs, it didn't so at the 50s mark with no grav run up to robo got the mmo so he wouldn't be entirely out of the round, I could have swore I put the surgical thing on him, and about time I figured out why it wasn't working (they didn't go on or something) it was too late before round ended.

I'm really sorry this happened, it wasn't a intentional killing of you. If I would have had time I would have ran to medical and got the fibs. But with no grav I wouldn't have gotten back in time.

I just found the baton and chain of command in a backpack at escape.

If I didn't care I wouldn't have ran to get the mmi to even try to bring you back in the round.
Venticular

Post by Venticular » #88335

sirnat wrote:Hey I'm Nathan, so here's what's up.

I went to escape, saw the monsters. Well, I saw the detective in the airlock and had a baton and it was extended, I meant to ctrl click to grab but instead it knocked him down and I couldn't get by the goliath so I felt like shit. When the shuttle got there I was hoping it had defibs, it didn't so at the 50s mark with no grav run up to robo got the mmo so he wouldn't be entirely out of the round, I could have swore I put the surgical thing on him, and about time I figured out why it wasn't working (they didn't go on or something) it was too late before round ended.

I'm really sorry this happened, it wasn't a intentional killing of you. If I would have had time I would have ran to medical and got the fibs. But with no grav I wouldn't have gotten back in time.

I just found the baton and chain of command in a backpack at escape.

If I didn't care I wouldn't have ran to get the mmi to even try to bring you back in the round.
I see. I understand. Mistakes happen.

Well, now that you explained it, I feel bad. Perhaps we should still wait for the logs and an Admin to have a say.
sirnat
Byond Username: Sirnat

Post by sirnat » #88337

Nah man don't feel bad lol, all good yeah we can wait on le admin! :D
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #88348

Glad this got worked out.
Spoiler: