Byond Username: HaphazardLeek

Kwisatz Haderach - Incompetent HoS/Shitcurity

Post by HaphazardLeeek » #88526

Your byond account: HaphazardLeek
Your character name: Cooper Gray
Their character name: Kwisatz Haderach
Their byond account(optional, but useful if you can provide it): N/A
Server and time: Sybil 3:00PM EST 5/16/2015
Logs and/or screenshots: http://pastebin.com/hYkzTtXm - Full logs, http://pastebin.com/UPY9WNET - Incident logs.
Description of what happened: Was in the turbine generator room, carp broke in bit me a few times before I kill it. I started bleeding so I head back to atmos and grab the backpack extinguisher so I can put metal foam in the hull breach. After I patch the hull breach with the metal foam Jim ebola finds me bleeding in maint, tells me to stop. I then said "I cant, I am dying" Then I proceed to walk away. He then stuns me and arrests me and takes me to medbay for healing. After that he takes me to the brig and says to the Hos "I caught this one bleeding in maint". The HoS then says "Perma, then". So thats that.
Why they should be banned: Incompetent as HoS, sent someone to perma without any evidence of any wrong doing, not even questioning me about anything, just instantly put me in perma.
Last edited by HaphazardLeeek on Sat May 16, 2015 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Re: Kwisatz Haderach - Incompetent HoS/Shitcurity

Post by Falamazeer » #88537

HaphazardLeeek wrote:There wasnt even mention that I was carrying a pneumatic cannon.
Jim Ebola says, "I caught this one bleeding in maint"
Kwisatz Haderach asks, "Sup?"
Killroy Roboto says, "No,"
Max Fattkins sneezes.
Jim Ebola coughs!
Jim Ebola says, "With a canon"

You might have missed this part. not involved just pointing it out.
HaphazardLeeek

Post by HaphazardLeeek » #88545

Ah shit, I did miss that. But still a cannon is not any reason to be perma'd.
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #88550

Oh I tend to agree, just wanted to point out that it was in fact mentioned, Perhaps an unknown was running around shooting people? perhaps a bomber was last seen carrying one, Who knows?
There might have been significance to the cannon we with just your logs are unaware of.

But more likely someone just fucked you over and is badwrong, or they derped and thought he meant laser cannon (from science), or maybe thought a cannon meant syndicate for some reason.
I went full retard on someone over that gun mining has because I'd never seen one before. It happens. Best of luck though Sorry for interruption.
Cayce
Byond Username: Cayce

Post by Cayce » #88621

I can explain what happened here.
There was a lot going on, and I was trying to keep up. Just as you were dragged in, I saw this:
Killroy Roboto says, "He started the virus."
People were talking about GBS, and everyone was sick.

I was under the impression, at the time, that he meant you. A look at the logs, tells me after the fact, that he wasn't.
I'm really sorry if I ruined your round. :(
HaphazardLeeek

Post by HaphazardLeeek » #88792

I can see how that would have effected your decision, but that doesn't make it okay. If you are going to play a role such as the HoS, you need to be very aware of what is going on around you and be more understanding of situations. You need to be investigative in your nature, you cannot just take things as a matter of fact. The officer who brought me in said I had a cannon. While you must have been talking to someone else about something and you were mistaken on who said what.

Hell, i'm over it, but I sure was pissed. If you can't operate as the HoS, follow space law, serve justice, and you are easily overwhelmed then you need to play something else.

I consider this resolved unless an admin thinks the action constitute a job ban for some period of time until the kwisatz has more understanding of security or something.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #88796

HaphazardLeeek wrote:follow space law.
This is not and has never been a requirement of the job
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
HaphazardLeeek

Post by HaphazardLeeek » #88803

Scones wrote:
HaphazardLeeek wrote:follow space law.
This is not and has never been a requirement of the job
That may be so, but my other statements still stand.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #91349

I don't like how this was handled. What did you mean by a cannon? Were you talking about the water backpack? Why would you prevent an Atmos tech (who is currently dying) from closing a breach?
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Cayce

Post by Cayce » #91735

They probably meant a pneumatic canon - which can be used to fire shrapnel at people.

I don't know what to say other than that it was a mistake. I apologized.
I had no idea of any breach-- nobody said anything about that, and he was dragged in by another officer in cuffs, it wasn't like he walked in to close a breach.
Again, I'm sorry, it was a shitty round and mistakes were made.
Cayce

Post by Cayce » #98291

It has been over a month since this was first posted. Why is it still here?