Jim Otis - Engineer roundstart stealing CE's equipment

Post by Oldman Robustin » #88849

Your byond account: ForcefulCJS
Your character name: Oldman Robustin
Their character name: Jim Otis
Their byond account(optional, but useful if you can provide it): ---
Server and time: Sibyl, 11:30pm EST
Logs and/or screenshots:
Not really needed, It's just me calling for his arrest (and not getting it), being attacked when I try to cablecuff him myself, and then the admin ruling it was IC, but here it is: http://pastebin.com/vYt1WCSc

I'm setting up the engine alone as CE. I take off my hardsuit and magboots so I can place a wire between my legs for a knot I need to power the damn emitters. Jim Otis, one of my engineers, walks up, steals my suit and yakkety saxes out and refuses to respond on radio.

I later find him in the library, he says he gave my suit to the mime. Security is not responsive after wizard summoned magic so I attempt to cablecuff him but the librarian disarms and beats me, Jim tables me, and someone blinds and horseheads me. After that Skorvald gets back to my adminhelp and tells me its simply IC.

I rarely come here, but when I get told something is "IC" when I've been banned/warned/killed by admins for lesser forms of unprovoked harassment, when one of my own engineers steals and gives away my personal gear at roundstart for no reason I'm wondering if we scaled back our Rule 1 interpretation and roundstart grief against your own department head is now acceptable.
Jeb
Byond Username: Stapler2025

Re: Jim Otis - Engineer roundstart stealing CE's equipment

Post by Jeb » #88853

(totally not ban request related, but, alt-click the tile you're standing on to make it easier to fiddle with the cabling without having to remove your hardsuit)

Also, I was the phantom horseheader - sorry :(
Guy that made a thing that got put on the homepage of /tg/station13
Defeated in the Great Purge of 2014
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
Johnson Fitzwell asks, "HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?"
ThatSlyFox
Byond Username: ThatSlyFox

Post by ThatSlyFox » #88855

Lets just go through the events quickly since you left out a lot.

Steal your hardsuit and boots.
Run off like a idiot
Wizard summons!
Drop the suit off in the bar, keep the boots in bag
Read some smut people were writing in the bar
You come, attack me, and you get attacked by the crowd of people in the libary
Drama ends and I tell you its in the bar
You tell me to get it and I say no
Moments passed, Secuirty doesnt care
I tell him I will setup the engine then
He follows me, beats me on the head with a fire extinguisher then mindswaps me
He runs off
Later on he gets the HoS to kill me claiming I mindswapped him and that I was the wizard
I get staff of healed and he stuns me and drags me into maint
Chokes me to death
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #88955

I'd agree this is an IC issue with the caveat that if it happened more than once it would be something we intervene into.

Sure it was shitty, but we don't ban people for a single instance of theft unless they have a prolonged history of playing the game just to shit on people. I'd hope you would have been satisfied just killing them rather than bringing it into an ooc issue as well.

So yeah, I'd it doesn't happen a lot this is certainly an IC issue. He was a cunt and you wrecked him for it.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #88975

ThatSlyFox wrote:Lets just go through the events quickly since you left out a lot.

Steal your hardsuit and boots.
Run off like a idiot
Wizard summons!
Drop the suit off in the bar, keep the boots in bag
Read some smut people were writing in the bar
You come, attack me, and you get attacked by the crowd of people in the libary
Drama ends and I tell you its in the bar
You tell me to get it and I say no
Moments passed, Secuirty doesnt care
I tell him I will setup the engine then
He follows me, beats me on the head with a fire extinguisher then mindswaps me
He runs off
Later on he gets the HoS to kill me claiming I mindswapped him and that I was the wizard
I get staff of healed and he stuns me and drags me into maint
Chokes me to death
Only thing I left out what happened after the admin got back to me. At that point it was just me trying to squeeze some satisfaction out of murdering you, my issue here is the IC ruling which was completely independent of the fighting that took place after (mostly because I realized sec AND admins wouldn't be helping me).

Of all the things to fuck with... the ONLY person working on the engine, your department head, at the beginning of the shift, without provocation, and then denying them the chance of recovery (how long did you really think a CE hardsuit would last sitting out in the bar?). The combination of those factors had me going "REALLY?" when I realized you weren't even an antag. Yea this isn't an egregious act, but I hope it's one of those things where the admins are serious about repeat offenses, because shit like that is why nobody wants to play positions of responsibility. I already have to take up shit like setting up the engine when all the other engies fuck off at roundstart, and take responsibility if the singularity is released due to flawed setup/monitoring... dealing with Greytide at roundstart from my own Dept. is definitely a "set CE to Never" kind of moment.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #89013

Sticky, I'm fairly sure from other rulings in FNR that you've previous made it very clear that whether something is punished IC has no bearing on it's OOC banworthyness. Otherwise bombers or murderers who get caught by sec wouldn't get banned.

Not saying this is worth a ban, or commenting in any way on its banworthy just thought that was an interesting opinion.

^^^^
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #89025

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Sticky, I'm fairly sure from other rulings in FNR that you've previous made it very clear that whether something is punished IC has no bearing on it's OOC banworthyness. Otherwise bombers or murderers who get caught by sec wouldn't get banned.

Not saying this is worth a ban, or commenting in any way on its banworthy just thought that was an interesting opinion.

^^^^
That is not what I said. I was just calling attention to the solution, successfully employed by oldman, in these situations.

This would have been an IC issue either way.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #91329

I gotta agree. We don't ban for being annoying or stealing shit. If we did, I'd be gone a long time ago.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you