Their character name: Pantsu the Mime
Their byond account(optional, but useful if you can provide it): -
Server and time: Sybil, 5-18-15, 13:50 PM
Logs and/or screenshots:
Spoiler:

Code: Select all

Pantsu The Mime has thrown the grenade.
This is Rodger Thompson!
He is wearing a security jumpsuit with a cargo bay guard armband.
He is wearing a helmet on his head.
He is wearing an armor.
He is carrying a hybrid taser on his armor.
He has a security satchel on his back.
He has some insulated gloves on his hands.
He has a security belt about his waist.
He is wearing some jackboots on his feet.
He has a gas mask on his face.
He is wearing Rodger Thompson's ID Card (Security Officer).
BANG
Your eyes sting a little.
The station intercom melts away!
Pantsu The Mime pokes the blobbernaut.
You can't hear yourself!
Rocco Brandenburg pokes the blobbernaut.
Guy Stevens puts the badly made weapon into the backpack.
You can't hear yourself!
That's Drinking glass.
Your standard drinking glass.
It contains:
Nothing.
It is a tiny item.
Pantsu The Mime has been hit by the morphine bottle.
You put Drinking glass into the backpack.
The solution begins to bubble.
Driest Martini melts away!
Silencer melts away!
The witch hat melts away!
The sexy mime outfit melts away!
The white gloves melts away!
The black shoes melts away!
Parcel Parceaux melts away!
The glass of Holy Water melts away!
The banana melts away!
Neurotoxin melts away!
The morphine bottle melts away!
The rice pudding melts away!
Drinking glass melts away!
Devils Kiss melts away!
Devils Kiss melts away!
The shot of... what? melts away!
The shot of... what? melts away!
Gin and Tonic melts away!
Devils Kiss melts away!
Drinking glass melts away!
The cigarette butt melts away!
The sturdy top-hat melts away!
The bartender's uniform melts away!
The black shoes melts away!
The backpack melts away!
Gin and Tonic melts away!
The deck of cards melts away!
Neurotoxin melts away!
Neurotoxin melts away!
The ÿCarp Classic packet melts away!
The ÿCarp Classic packet melts away!
*beep* *beep*
The service radio headset melts away!
Max Killmenn screams!
... You can almost hear someone talking ...
Current Admins:
Laharl Montgommery is a AdminTrainer

I have full logs if anyone's interested.

Aftermath:

Description of what happened: I was the bartender, hanging out at the bar, making drinks for everyone. The mime has been sitting there too for a long time. She had access to chemistry, and was seen making chloral hydrate earlier. At some point, she detonated a flashbang, which I decided to ignore (mime getting hands on a flashbang is not uncommon and could be a "prank" I guess). There was a security guy (Rodger Thompson) in the bar as well, so I decided to leave any law enforcement to him. Moments later she detonates something and covers the whole bar, me included, in purple cloud of acid smoke, melting all the drinks I made so far, as well as all my stuff, critting me, and knocking me out for a significant portion of the round. Not provoked, no explanation, she wasn't an antag. Ahelped this but got no reply.

Why they should be banned: Clear cut case of pointless griefing.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: Pantsu the Mime - Acid smoke griefing

Post by Vekter » #89153

That's pretty open and shut. I'm not at my desk but can someone grab the ckey?
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #89164

The Ckey is Sabbat.

I'll get them in here if I can.

Edit: They can't link their account so I'll be posting a pastebin of their refutation shortly.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #89168

mosquitoman
Byond Username: MosquitoMan

Post by mosquitoman » #89174

That's silly, the bartender is there to make drinks, I made several different kinds of them, singulo is harmless, I made two glasses of neurotoxin because why not, and regardless of all this that's no excuse to bomb me with potentially lethal mixture. The first grenade was definitely a flashbang, because I was blinded and deafened for some time. Doesn't matter anyway if it was supposed to be chloral or acid in the second, that's a very hostile, unprovoked action. The security guy who dragged my lifeless body out of the smoke (Rodger Thompson) was there as well can probably confirm my words.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #89189

I believe the rule was always that if you make dangerous grenades you're responsible for what happens when they go off, even if you didn't intend it.

If you can't keep your chem grenades straight you shouldn't be making ones that are lethal and or deadly like acid.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #89201

As a point of information, fifty units of chloral hydrate mixed with fifty units of smoke reagents distributes around 100u of chloral into a single target (in an open space, but assuming they don't move out of the way and it hits them directly). Thirty units of chloral is lethal.
Sabbat
Byond Username: Sabbat

Post by Sabbat » #89230

2. If you are not an admin or directly involved with the ban request(You are the one being ban requested, you saw what happened, you were his victim, etc.) then do not post in the ban request

Honk.

But no seriously there is so much more to this that he purposely cut out of his logs. Like the fact that whatever flashbang he saw must have been out in the hall because it didn't affect me in the theater.

He also wanted the security guard to "remove me" and pulled out a shotgun, when I hadn't done anything but use a grenade (That did literally nothing by the way, chloral and ethanol in liquid form does nothing.) in the theater, which is the mime/clown's space, before I primed the grenade that was supposed to be chloral.

But anyways, post full logs bro. You cut out everything you said or did in those logs. But point is, you definitely didn't "do nuffin", you were menacing with a weapon and telling security to remove me from my own work area for doing nothing to anybody but a monkey corpse.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #89233

wow, acid smoke? What a fucking SCRUB I didn't add 999 death chems and bribe cheridan to do reagent foam for you nerds to keep doing acid smoke

Keep in mind that with recent smoke nerfs acid smoke isn't AS insane anymore, and nightinggale, your data might not be too accurate. Run some tests on a up to date build for me, will you? I'm curious if the duplication is still a thing.

I find it odd that in that image there's melted objects, smoke as it is shouldn't be hitting objects, only mobs.
Sabbat
Byond Username: Sabbat

Post by Sabbat » #89234

iamgoofball wrote:wow, acid smoke? What a fucking SCRUB I didn't add 999 death chems and bribe cheridan to do reagent foam for you nerds to keep doing acid smoke

Keep in mind that with recent smoke nerfs acid smoke isn't AS insane anymore, and nightinggale, your data might not be too accurate. Run some tests on a up to date build for me, will you? I'm curious if the duplication is still a thing.

I find it odd that in that image there's melted objects, smoke as it is shouldn't be hitting objects, only mobs.
I have never heard of chloral smoke ever killing anybody, do you have to stand in the center of it from start to finish? Or is it a a large grenade? 40 units of chloral + 10/10/10 smoke reagents has never killed me and I've chloral smoke'd myself quite a few times over the years. It was usually a pretty weak effect, especially after the nerf to chloral making it so it's super easy to walk out of. Which was the intention.

Regardless, there was an admin PM conversation after this by I think it was Laharl but I'm not 100% sure and it was explained, the guy was brought back in a few seconds and he said it was just a mistake so I'm not even sure why he's still pushing it.
Spoiler:
This is almost as bad as that guy who ahelped multiple drones yesterday for accidentally hitting pete (THE GOAT) while getting rid of kudzu.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #89245

Sabbat wrote:2. If you are not an admin or directly involved with the ban request(You are the one being ban requested, you saw what happened, you were his victim, etc.) then do not post in the ban request
Oranges' and TN's posts add to the discussion and are allowed under the Anon3 Amendment.

That being said, Oranges is completely right. The creator of the grenade is held responsible if they fuck up and someone dies from them.

This is resolved, I will handle the matter. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you