Requests which have been closed
Aristarchus
Byond Username: Freshmaniscoolman

Jack Hones - Metagrudging

Post by Aristarchus » #97210

Your byond account: Freshmaniscoolman
Your character name: Goran'Agar Remata'klan
Their character name: Jack Hones
Their byond account(optional, but useful if you can provide it): Don't know.
Server and time: Server 2 at 11:47 Moscow Time.
Logs and/or screenshots: http://pastebin.com/uPzQ9b8a
Description of what happened: Jack Hones is metagrudging basically. Using my clever investigative work, I have noticed a pattern emerging from Jack Hones, who I SUSPECT is Whodalaho, or whatever his name is. One round, I decided it'd be fun if I announced independence from the station, you know, just to spice things up. So I joined in as QM and announced independence from the station as Cargonia. Anyways, the round ended and "Whodaloho" (who I suspect is Jack Hones) called me a retard. Next round, I decided to do the same thing. I randomed as a Chemist and announced independence from Medbay. This time, IMMEDIATELY, Jack Hones came in, stunned me, arrested me, straightjacketed me, muzzled me, and trapped me inbetween glass windows infront of the Bridge and said, "Monument to a Retard."

I tried to talk to the admin about this and his biased-towards-Jack Hones reasoning was, "It's revolt." Yeah... no.
Why they should be banned: ^ Metagrudging.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Re: Jack Hones - Metagrudging

Post by imblyings » #97212

The FNR forum is still subject to IC in OOC rules.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Aristarchus

Post by Aristarchus » #97214

imblyings wrote:The FNR forum is still subject to IC in OOC rules.
Most of the paragraph I wrote was about the previous round, and the only thing I wrote about the current round that's going is something that pretty much everyone knows...
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #97215

IC in OOC is zero tolerance, edit your OP.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #97216

I definitely am biased because you're completely obnoxious in PMs and have been permabanned at least three times already, including for ban evasion. I admit I have little patience for someone who shouldn't be here at all.

Especially since the round before it took several minutes of questioning to find out your interactions with the guy you were adminhelping about when it started with "why am I arrested."

However in my recognition of my bias I did not ban you for IC in OOC, nor ban you for starting nations, nor ban you for giving fragments of the story in your adminhelps, nor ban you for "FINE I GUESS I'LL GRIEF EVERY ROUND THEN" replies, and let a security officer deal with you instead.

I would gladly see someone else ban you though.
Aristarchus

Post by Aristarchus » #97217

I like how little response there is to the actual ban request, instead stalling and avoiding the topic completely.
Aristarchus

Post by Aristarchus » #97218

Kor wrote:I definitely am biased because you're completely obnoxious in PMs and have been permabanned at least three times already, including for ban evasion. I admit I have little patience for someone who shouldn't be here at all.

Especially since the round before it took several minutes of questioning to find out your interactions with the guy you were adminhelping about when it started with "why am I arrested."

However in my recognition of my bias I did not ban you for IC in OOC, nor ban you for starting nations, nor ban you for giving fragments of the story in your adminhelps, nor ban you for "FINE I GUESS I'LL GRIEF EVERY ROUND THEN" replies, and let a security officer deal with you instead.

I would gladly see someone else ban you though.
Sorry what? Can you respond to my ban request? I have no idea what you're talking about.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #97220

[16:39:05]ADMIN: PM: Freshmaniscoolman/(Goran'Agar Remata'klan)->KorPhaeron/(Dio Brando): im not trying nations. im intentionally saying that to annoy people.
[16:41:29]ADMIN: HELP: Freshmaniscoolman/(Goran'Agar Remata'klan): Listen, i am fine with people being annoyed by it. but you cant fucking arrest me every round because i say it

I antagonized people and they responded please ban
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #97221

No. You said you were declaring independence, sec arrested you for it. Sounds pretty cut and dry.

I'll keep an eye out and see if he is actually metagrudging you, but I'm not banning someone for something like this.

You, on the other hand. You need to work on your attitude.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Aristarchus

Post by Aristarchus » #97223

Vekter wrote:No. You said you were declaring independence, sec arrested you for it. Sounds pretty cut and dry.

I'll keep an eye out and see if he is actually metagrudging you, but I'm not banning someone for something like this.

He can arrest me if he want, I have no idea why, but go ahead. But straight-jacket me, muzzle me, and trap in glass doors infront of the Bridge and calling it, "A Monument to a Retard?" That's definitely metagrudging in my book.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #97224

Aristarchus wrote:
Vekter wrote:No. You said you were declaring independence, sec arrested you for it. Sounds pretty cut and dry.

He can arrest me if he want, I have no idea why, but go ahead. But straight-jacket me, muzzle me, and trap in glass doors infront of the Bridge and calling it, "A Monument to a Retard?" That's definitely metagrudging in my book.
No, it's being shitcurity. I'll talk to him about it.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #97225

Aristarchus wrote:So I joined in as QM and announced independence from the station as Cargonia.
This alone is fucking stupid and i'm surprised an admin didn't bwoink you before Jack came to robust your shit.

How are you so shocked that when you start shit with command every round, someone who plays a command role every round has to stop you? If anything that sounds like you're baiting.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Aristarchus

Post by Aristarchus » #97226

Saegrimr wrote:
Aristarchus wrote:So I joined in as QM and announced independence from the station as Cargonia.
This alone is fucking stupid and i'm surprised an admin didn't bwoink you before Jack came to robust your shit.

How are you so shocked that when you start shit with command every round, someone who plays a command role every round has to stop you? If anything that sounds like you're baiting.
It's not Command's role to stop me from doing this stuff. Command roles are supposed to make their departments run efficiently, and occasionally, once in a while, step out of their usual role to stop something of a large scale, such as a Syndie attack, an alien invasion, etc., not a QM claiming he declared independence from Cargonia. I didn't deny it was stupid.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #97227

Aristarchus wrote:It's not Command's role to stop me from doing this stuff.
1) Yes, it is. 2) You are on probation. Tell me why I shouldn't just blacklist you now.
Spoiler:

Aristarchus

Post by Aristarchus » #97228

Vekter wrote:
1) Yes, it is. 2) You are on probation. Tell me why I shouldn't just blacklist you now.
https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Heads_of_Staff

So a QM supposedly declares independence from the station, and ALL the Heads of Staff go out to arrest him? I don't really think that's an efficient way to work, also, I've read that article and nothing was mentioned about that.

Why you shouldn't blacklist me? Why should you?
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #97229

Also I gave Jack permission to permabrig you for mutiny after he adminhelped about you so this should be an admin complaint if anything. I thought letting him deal with it IC was more lenient than a ban. I'll post the full PM chain once I'm done with JoJo/once the round is over

I guess not since this got resolved while he was gone. If someone contacts me (PM or IRC) with serious concerns that we're bullying him 4noraisans I can dig up the PM chains/his ban history but it doesn't seem worth the time right now
Aristarchus

Post by Aristarchus » #97231

Kor wrote:Also I gave Jack permission to permabrig you for mutiny after he adminhelped about you so this should be an admin complaint if anything. I thought letting him deal with it IC was more lenient than a ban. I'll post the full PM chain once I'm done with JoJo/once the round is over

But he didn't permabrig me? He muzzled me, straightjacketed me, trapped me in glass doors, and called it "A Monument to a Retard." infront of the bridge. The Permabrig is in Security, not in the Central Primary Hallway infront of the Bridge. Also, I'm pretty sure that mutiny should be handled with more professionalism, no? If it were a REAL mutiny, I doubt Jack Hones would do the same thing. I think his arrest was motivated by reasons other than mutiny.
whodaloo
Byond Username: Whodaloo

Post by whodaloo » #97232

I do play Jack Hones, yeah.

To briefly re-cap: round started and I was an officer. Immediately, the QM starts yelling about declaring independence. Some shit happens and we end up cuffing him to the chairs, while sec is distracted doing shit the ops(!) teleport onto bridge and kill the captain. Round ends. New round starts up, same character name immediately starts shouting about declaring independence. I ahelp- PM to-Admins: i could've sworn yelling about independence every round was bannable. Me and Kor chat for a bit, he tells me in essence that while Kor's not gonna ban the guy I can straight jacket him. so I walk on down to chem and arrest the guy, I jacket him and muzzle him, decide that's too harsh, and take the muzzle off and enclose him in front of the bridge.

Cue ban request.

I'd honestly love to know if I did something wrong here, as I've actually got notes for cargonia fuckery as a non-antag. I was under the impression that if you declare independence or whatever as a non-antag, you are valid as a salad. You can claim to metagrudging as much as you like, but I've never seen your character in a round before. The reason I jacketed you was because as a security officer I have every reason to harshly punish people trying to secede from the station (there's an entire gamemode based around it, as a matter of fact!). You declaring independence or whatever is exactly the kind of thing I, as an officer, have to deal with.
Aristarchus

Post by Aristarchus » #97235

whodaloo wrote:I do play Jack Hones, yeah.

To briefly re-cap: round started and I was an officer. Immediately, the QM starts yelling about declaring independence. Some shit happens and we end up cuffing him to the chairs, while sec is distracted doing shit the ops(!) teleport onto bridge and kill the captain. Round ends. New round starts up, same character name immediately starts shouting about declaring independence. I ahelp- PM to-Admins: i could've sworn yelling about independence every round was bannable. Me and Kor chat for a bit, he tells me in essence that while Kor's not gonna ban the guy I can straight jacket him. so I walk on down to chem and arrest the guy, I jacket him and muzzle him, decide that's too harsh, and take the muzzle off and enclose him in front of the bridge.

Cue ban request.

I'd honestly love to know if I did something wrong here, as I've actually got notes for cargonia fuckery as a non-antag. I was under the impression that if you declare independence or whatever as a non-antag, you are valid as a salad. You can claim to metagrudging as much as you like, but I've never seen your character in a round before. The reason I jacketed you was because as a security officer I have every reason to harshly punish people trying to secede from the station (there's an entire gamemode based around it, as a matter of fact!). You declaring independence or whatever is exactly the kind of thing I, as an officer, have to deal with.
> Some shit happens and we end up cuffing him to the chairs,

1) Yeah, "some shit happens" and you end up cuffing us on the chairs, constantly throwing flashbangs us, constantly stunning us with stunbatons, and also stunning us with an improvised weapon. "Some shit happens." 2) I was not aware that "every round" meant 2 rounds. 3) I'm not complaining about the Cargonia round, I'm complaining about the Chemistronia round. 3) I'm complaining about the Chemistronia round, thus you have seen me in a round before, the Cargonia round. 3) No metagrudging? Calling me a retard after every round is not metagrudging? It sounds weird to me.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #97237

Aristarchus wrote:
Vekter wrote:

So a QM supposedly declares independence from the station, and ALL the Heads of Staff go out to arrest him? I don't really think that's an efficient way to work, also, I've read that article and nothing was mentioned about that.

The Heads are most certainly allowed to deal with a mutiny.

I'm considering banning you because you've shown on multiple accounts that you haven't improved the behavior that got you banned in the first place.
Spoiler:

Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #97238

>Do the exact same thing two rounds in a row
>Get the exact same response two rounds in a row
>Metagrudging.

Everyone has the right to call everyone a retard, retard. Especially if you're deliberately acting like one.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #97239

whodaloo wrote: I was under the impression that if you declare independence or whatever as a non-antag, you are valid as a salad.
Pretty sure this is the case
Dont quote me on it however. We should have a headmin chime in on it.
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #97240

tedward1337 wrote:
whodaloo wrote: I was under the impression that if you declare independence or whatever as a non-antag, you are valid as a salad.
Pretty sure this is the case
Dont quote me on it however. We should have a headmin chime in on it.
This has always been the case.

E: [04:37:58] <oranges> Hello Freshmaniscoolman
[04:38:03] <oranges> I am your player advocate
[04:38:13] <oranges> together we will resolve this case satisfactorily
[04:40:31] <oranges> Trying to start a nations round when you're on probation is a bad idea
Last edited by Vekter on Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:

Aristarchus

Post by Aristarchus » #97241

Vekter wrote:
Aristarchus wrote:
Vekter wrote:

The Heads are most certainly allowed to deal with a mutiny.

I'm considering banning you because you've shown on multiple accounts that you haven't improved the behavior that got you banned in the first place.
noun
an open rebellion against the proper authorities, especially by soldiers or sailors against their officers.

When did I mention a rebellion? I mentioned independence from the station, that's not rebellion.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #97242

Ban request denied.

Freshmaniscoolman has been permabanned for violation of the terms of his probation.
Spoiler: