Elvis Dandy

Post by Fr05tByt3 » #97886

Your byond account: Fr05tByt3
Your character name: Scoodaloo
Their character name: Elvis Dandy
Their byond account(optional, but useful if you can provide it): marksdwarf
Server and time: Sybil, round ending at 1:15 am CST
Logs and/or screenshots: Round was too long

Description of what happened:I spawn in as tator second clown. The first clown apparently had an issue with this, as he immediately began to disarm/hit me. That shit went back and forth in the bar for a while.
I left the bar and was walking south down the primary hallway, when HoP walked past me, then turned around and began to follow me. I circle around a couple times to make sure he is actually following me, and he was, so I asked him what he wanted. He responded by telling me that I can't question him, presumably because of his rank. I told him to eat a dick or something and continued along doing my clown things. Later, the other clown and I get into it again in front of aux tool storage. The fight leads down the hallway toward escape, with the other clown spraying something at me. HoP jumps in. I disarm other clown and the HoP picks up whatever container the clown had and sprays at me repeatedly. Turns out it was acid and it melted all of my gear (including tator gear I had.) Apparently the HoP got warned by an admin for the acid incident, because he had sprayed some other people by round's end, as well.

I ran and shook both the other clown and HoP and got away with only my ID and the spear I took from other clown. I walked north of the bridge and saw the captain standing next to a pile of engi gear. I asked if I could have it, cap said yes, then changed my ID to CE. I go to atmosia and get the fireaxe, intent on getting revenge on HoP for the earlier bullshit. I find HoP, stun him with stunprod, and begin to hack at him with the axe. I get mobbed by a few people and run away again. I go back into the bridge and grab the second axe, then I head back to the hallway between HoP office and cargo to ask why the third clown helped the HoP. Clown wasn't responding, but wasn't catatonic, so I dragged him into maint and looted his clown outfit and mask.

I go up to HoP window, behind which is the HoP, and call him a nigger. He responds with "Well, that's real mature," and proceeds to lock down the HoP line. I pull out my axe and smash one window. I yell at him to let me out. He responds by pulling out a flamethrower and coming towards me with it. I smash the grille and push back the locker, then start swinging away with the axe. By the end of the exchange, he died by the axe and I died by the flames. We both get dragged to medbay.

They revive him first, and when the CMO comes to revive me, the HoP steals my body and drags me to the chapel. He loads my body into the incinerator, tries to push the button and gets denied. He then leaves, presumably to give himself access to the incinerator. I ahelp, and Aloraydrel responds that he's looking into it. At this point the shuttle was past the 5 minute mark so I told him not to stress about it and that I was going to go smoke a cigarette. I told him that if I see the round end screen and HoP wasn't antag I was going to make a ban request. Round end screen bugged, so I ahelped and asked if HoP was antag, to which Aloraydrel responded no.

Why they should be banned: General cocky attitude of "You can't question me, I'm the HoP," leading to violent escalation (albeit on both of our parts) could be grounds for jobban. Otherwise, him physically taking my body out of CMO's grasp and putting me in the incinerator is improper escalation via Sticky's law The only time that would have been appropriate would have been if I had been revived and came at him again, which I wouldn't have. It was a decently fun violent exchange up to that point. Given, he was being a shitter the whole time, but I had fun fighting him.
I don't want a perm or anything ridiculous, and I'll be happy with whatever the outcome is. I just feel like this was improperly handled by the HoP, who was being a shitter to more than just me that round.

tl;dr non-antag HoP sprayed me with acid. We killed each other. He took my body away from CMO who was reviving me and stuffed me in incinerator, which is bullchelp.

E: added CKey
Last edited by Fr05tByt3 on Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
drovidi
Byond Username: Drovidi Corv

Re: Elvis Dandy

Post by drovidi » #97890

I'd played chemist or medical doctor during this round, and for several rounds before, and he'd been HoP and either let himself into chemistry or demanded to be let into chemistry for several consecutive rounds prior asking for acid. When I asked as chemist why he needed the acid, he quoted self defense, saying 'guns aren't that great'. We had him removed, and he didn't get acid that round.
During the round in question, I saw him let himself into chemistry to make acid for his spraybottle, which was after he'd sprayed a security officer. What I understand about that previous spraying was that the HoP had left his post to walk around in the maint tunnels, and sprayed the officer because he felt like the officer, who was responding to another call, had "charged" him in maint. The officer assumed that he'd been acided by the antagonist he was chasing until much later in the round. When it came to light that it had been the HoP, his justification was that he'd somehow lost his gun, which probably had nothing to do with the reason he was using acid, as he'd been trying to get an acid spraybottle for the past several rounds.
An admin said at one point toward the end of the round that the HoP had been warned for the acid. At that point, I decided to check out the HoP, who now had a flamethrower and had donned a firesuit, and who, according to Frostbyte, had already used it on a crewmember.

In short, it seems to me like this guy's consistently playing HoP to get into departments he wouldn't normally have access to, using that access to get recklessly lethal weapons, and going out of his way to put himself in conflict, to find excuses to use his toys to remove people from the round.
lollerderby
Byond Username: Lollerderby
Github Username: lollerderby

Post by lollerderby » #97892

Elvis Dandy's ckey is marksdwarf.
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, ">rylie talking shit and not actually doing anything again"
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, "What a twist"
Fr05tByt3
Byond Username: Fr05tByt3

Post by Fr05tByt3 » #97897

Attaching some of the OOC comments after next round had started.
Attachments
Elvis Shit HoP after round OOC comments.jpg
CandyClown
Byond Username: CandyClown

Post by CandyClown » #97972

Acid in spray bottles is an exploit.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #97998

Yuuuuup. You're not supposed to be able to put acid in bottles anymore.

I'll try to get his side of things.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Fr05tByt3

Post by Fr05tByt3 » #99620

Still no word on this?
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #99621

Sorry, it's been a busy week. I'll get this sorted out first thing after work.

E: I've persuaded him to come tell his side of things. If he doesn't show up, well, he ain't coming back.
Last edited by Vekter on Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #99960

Fr05tByt3 wrote:Otherwise, him physically taking my body out of CMO's grasp and putting me in the incinerator is improper escalation via Sticky's law The only time that would have been appropriate would have been if I had been revived and came at him again, which I wouldn't have.
Not really, seeing as you had a fight earlier with him and by your own admission in this post you came back for blood.
Its exactly that sort of scenario that greenlights you for getting removed permanently

Guy sounds like a bit of dick anyway, so thats largely irrelevant.
Fr05tByt3

Post by Fr05tByt3 » #100302

Malkevin wrote:
Fr05tByt3 wrote:Otherwise, him physically taking my body out of CMO's grasp and putting me in the incinerator is improper escalation via Sticky's law The only time that would have been appropriate would have been if I had been revived and came at him again, which I wouldn't have.
Not really, seeing as you had a fight earlier with him and by your own admission in this post you came back for blood.
Its exactly that sort of scenario that greenlights you for getting removed permanently

Guy sounds like a bit of dick anyway, so thats largely irrelevant.
Stickymayhem wrote:You may now attempt to permanently remove someone from the round (hiding their body, spacing them, cremating or gibbing them) in cases of reasonable escalation where the situation has escalated to someone's death and they come back for more.
Stickymayhem wrote:reasonable escalation where the situation has escalated to someone's death
Stickymayhem wrote:has escalated to someone's death
Read the link before commenting next time, please.
Were you even involved?
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #100322

No, but he was attempting to contribute to the discussion with relevant information under the Anon3 Amendment or whatever they call it these days
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #102504

Guy never showed up. Guess he's not coming back.
Spoiler: