Requests which have been closed
Demonbane
Byond Username: Adminbane

Bandito De Mantenimiento, Ultimate Condom

Post by Demonbane » #103816

Your byond account: Adminbane
Your character name: Ethan Larson
Their character name: Bandito De Mantenimiento
Their byond account(optional, but useful if you can provide it): No idea.
Server and time: Basil, July 11th, ~11:30pm PT
Logs and/or screenshots:
Description of what happened: You can find a great description of what happened here: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4131, along with a testimony from someone else who was the victim on this intense shittery (Lilah).
Why they should be banned: As was stated by imblyings, Basil tend to be more susceptible to grief, because it's usually lowpop. There was somewhere around 5 active players besides him and Sewer King. I wouldn't be salty if he had just arrested me, but to retaliate by throwing grenades at us, and then gearing up expecting for a counter-attack, it is obvious he joined to be a gigantic shitter. It is in my belief that him and his buddy Sewer King (who was "second captain" or something) joined Basil to fuck up the round, given they had already made modifications to the brig (namely metal foam everyfuckingwhere). It was baiting of the highest caliber, and in my opinion it deserves at least a command/security ban from Basil. Basil has its share of shittery, it's SS13 after all, but to be such a gigantic condom on lowpop is fucked up. I especially don't understand how giving a little apology (supposedly, I don't remember him giving one) for almost killing someone 4norasins absolves him of any responsibility for his actions.

EDIT: There, can we get on topic now?
Last edited by Demonbane on Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
goymaster123
Byond Username: Goymaster123

Re: Bandito De Mantenimiento, Ultimate Condom

Post by goymaster123 » #103833

I hadn't played in a long time, so I didn't know that the defib caused heart attacks and did massive burn damage. I expected just to stun the cmo, but it turned into a huge shitfest when it threw them into cardiac arrest. So, I shocked them again to stop them from having a heart attack and threw them into cryo to heal. After that, I remember you doing something that made me want to get out of medbay as fast as possible. So I left, thinking that you'd be able to handle the rest. You proceeded to wail over the radio about how the cmo was dying of oxyloss, so I walked back, and fed him some salbutomol. You proceeded to shoot me with morphine and nuerotoxin while I was healing the cmo. I ran off, leaving you to your own devices as I slowly died from toxin damage. I ran back to medbay to grab a toxins medkit, and flashbanged you while I was there. I saw you and the cmo with syringe guns, so I ran up and grabbed a biosuit from security. The next time I went into medbay you and the cmo tried to shoot me with chloral hydrate and so I arrested the cmo and demoted them, you, in your endless fucking stupidity thermited into brig, when I came out to stop you, you tryed to spray me with fucking polyacid. So I permabrigged you. What did I do wrong here again?
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #103836

Not sure if this counts under the Anon3 amendment or not, and i certainly hate comdom shittery as much as the next guy, but i am fairly certain when you try to resolve something like this IC and get dunked you forfeit your ability to deal with it OOC.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #103860

goymaster123 wrote:I hadn't played in a long time, so I didn't know that the defib caused heart attacks and did massive burn damage.
Peanut posting again to clarify how the defib works:

Only emagged defibs do the "start a heart attack and massive burn damage" thing. So the defib you used was probably sabotaged.

A normal defib will stop heart attacks and revive people.
goymaster123

Post by goymaster123 » #103867

iamgoofball wrote:
goymaster123 wrote:I hadn't played in a long time, so I didn't know that the defib caused heart attacks and did massive burn damage.
Peanut posting again to clarify how the defib works:

Only emagged defibs do the "start a heart attack and massive burn damage" thing. So the defib you used was probably sabotaged.

A normal defib will stop heart attacks and revive people.
ion gunned*
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #103878

Emagged and/or EMPed. Either way, it was sabotaged and there's a big red exclamation mark on the defib displays to make that patently obvious.
goymaster123

Post by goymaster123 » #103884

DemonFiren wrote:Emagged and/or EMPed. Either way, it was sabotaged and there's a big red exclamation mark on the defib displays to make that patently obvious.
Read my post palimino.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #103885

I'll leave it to someone in official capacity to explain how that is hardly an excuse. Not reducing myself to backseat modding.
goymaster123

Post by goymaster123 » #103904

DemonFiren wrote:I'll leave it to someone in official capacity to explain how that is hardly an excuse. Not reducing myself to backseat modding.
It's hardly an excuse that I didn't know that the defib was lethal now and that I healed the person back to full health?
ok
duncathan
Byond Username: Dunc
Github Username: duncathan

Post by duncathan » #103907

Claiming lack of knowledge of rules is not an excuse, as it is a breach of the terms (knowing and following the rules) of the implied license the server gives you to play on it. However, claiming lack of knowledge of an in-game mechanic is legitimate; nowhere as far as I can see in the rules says that one must be completely familiar with all mechanics. Certainly, head roles are expected to know the basics of all jobs under them, but Captains should neither be expected to know how to operate a defib nor set up the engine, nor other such things.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #103923

As a point of information, this was Sunday the 12th in the logs, around 02:00:00. Link. I'd offer a character witness statement in Adminbane/Lilah's favour but I can only push the An0ndment so far.

Additionally, DemonFiren's right, defibrillators (including compact) will, when EMPed or emagged, change their normal display to a big red background and a flashing exclamation mark. It's difficult not to notice... (which makes one wonder why Bandito decided to use it on the CMO in the first place - if not to kill, then why stun someone for no reason?)
Demonbane

Post by Demonbane » #104100

I'm surprised no one has brought that up yet. Why the fuck did you do it in the first place? Do you randomly tase people, too? Admit it bro, you were baiting.
Dicksaw McGraw
Byond Username: Ssjdarkwarrior

Post by Dicksaw McGraw » #104321

Why the fuck would you want to stun the CMO to begin with?

The blue suit isn't a license to be a gigantic faggot.
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #104636

> Ultimate Condom

> Condom.

Heh.
Demonbane

Post by Demonbane » #105180

So is anything gonna be done about this or na
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #107459

8 balls says

Try again later
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Post by firecage » #107500

As a note of the mechanic of the Defib, as far as I recall, only EMP'ed defibs has the red exclamation warning sign on it. Emagged defibs looks exactly the same as normal defibs. So in the case it was emagged, said person wouldn't be able to notice it.
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #107536

Emagged has the warning light as well.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #107706

I'll be honest, I was testing the syndie medkit with Scones at centcom once and they asked me to defib them. I picked up a random defib off the ground and used it on them and they died, which was when I learned what the exclamation mark was. Maybe I'm scheduled to exit the gene pool early or make someone else exit early I dunno but in either case, I'm not too worried about the defib part of this.

Otherwise it looks like a pretty normal escalation apart from the captain starting it by wanting to stun the CMO for some reason. That's probably what I'll put a note on the captain for, something to do with keeping an eye on him in case he starts shit and it escalates to another player being dicked over. Pretty sure nothing else is going to happen itt tbh.

note added, unless you have new evidence somehow I'll close this thread.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.