Wyatt Power, Wrecks officer for no raisens.

Requests which have been closed
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Wyatt Power, Wrecks officer for no raisens.

Post by Falamazeer » #104965

Your byond account:Wootanon
Your character name:Ham Sammich
Their character name:Wyatt Power
Their byond account(optional, but useful if you can provide it): Hspace
Server and time:Sybil Round ending at 5:38 cst

Description of what happened:
I'm security, And hear a beat down in maintenance happening, when the door opens wyatt powers is standing over the mime bloody and murderous
I try to figure out what happens, he says the mime tried to kill him, mime just keeps miming about his backpack, I go with my gut and shoot the one with the bloody hands who has minor bruising over the mime who had severe bruising and was bleeding, I drag him to interrogation where it's revealed that Wyatt had stolen the mimes violin, and had it in his bag, we argue for a bit, and I decide that the mimes part in the fight was over wyatt stealing the violin, and wyatt had attempted murder of the mime based on the amount of damage the mime had sustained. (which I treated)

I decide to brig him when he starts screaming his ballsack off over the radio about how I'm brigging him for self defense, In my humble(Correct) opinion it's not self defense when you started the fight. I decide to instead gulag him instead because fuck screamers, after some confusion on points-time ratio I give him a 250 point sentence and take him in, I try to ditch him in the medical area, but I fucked it up because the gulag is literately the single most underfunded piece of shit in the game, he got into the shuttle first, then he outrobusts me because disarm spam is fucking awesome, uses up my taser missing, then manages to nab my baton, he then murders me hides me, and goes about his day like nothing happened, but now with sweet gear.

Why they should be banned: I did my job, and I did it right, His feud with the mime doesn't give him the leeway to utterly wreck me as security.
When I found them, the mime was severely bruised and bleeding, and when we got to interrogation I patched him up myself. I made the best call I could, and him wanting out and having "proper escalation" with the mime doesn't give him the right to tear through me like a wet paper towel in search of his vengeance, especially since it wasn't exactly a permanent sentence. and I reiterate my main point further "You cannot self defense someone to death over a fight you fucking instigated"

Ahelp logs (My logs start as I'm heading to the gulag, so they're pretty much useless for setup, but here's my salty ahelp, enjoy)
Spoiler:
PM to-Admins: Wyatt Powers robbed the mimes violin and then beat him bloody, I arrested him for it obviously and when he started causing shit on the radio I gulagged him because the gulag is such a shitty place he took charge got my gun and has now murdered me stripped me and hid my body, what happened to proper escalation? He's now in my gear and free, can I get a response please?

-- Administrator private message --
Admin PM from-Peoplearestrange: Hi sorry bout that had to let the cat out, hmm thats a doozie... I'll look into ti
Click on the administrator's name to reply.

PM to-Admins: Please do, He admitted to the theft of the violin, and what not, but when I found em fighting he was covered in mime blood, and the mime was bleeding out, I had every right to arrest him and gulag, he has no right to outright murder and hide me

Admin PM from-Peoplearestrange: Did you seek the HoS or captains permission to Gluag him?

PM to-Admins: I did, but it's not been a requirement in a while that I do

Admin PM from-Peoplearestrange: Oh hmm wow ok I must not be up to speed on that... Im looking into it anyway, just getting all the details

PM to-Admins: Maybe I'm wrong, sorry if I am, but I put it out there on the sec radio that I was doing it, nobody had anythign to say

(Six years later)

PM to-Admins: PAS can I get a statement on why nothing is going to be done? because unless he's an antag at end, I plan to FNR this, I'm just assuming you're done investigating because he's moved on to building bombs and attacking the mime with my baton

Admin PM from-Peoplearestrange: Ok I looked into it, It would seem that the escaltion between him and the mime was pretty valid, there was no actual murder and most of the damage seems to be on the Wyatt himself rather than the mime.

PM to-Admins: What does that have to do with murdering me looting me and hiding my body? also, when I came across them, the mime was half dead and needed a medkit when I was sorting through it in interrogation

Admin PM from-Peoplearestrange: Gluaging seemed a little drastic but that was your choice which is fine, however he obviously tried to explain, to no avail and then became desperate. The only way the could escape would be to get past you, which unfortunatly lead to your demise.

PM to-Admins: That's a total bag of horse cum, godamn, this is looking like further evidence that as long as you only fuck sec, you'll never ever be banned

Admin PM from-Peoplearestrange: However they should not have hid/stripped you, though the rules are some what unclear about this. However I feel it was wrong and they were waned and given a note

Admin PM from-Peoplearestrange: Your role has nothing to do with the outcome, I regularly play sec, if anything I'm a tad bias with them normally.

PM to-Admins: This is unacceptable, His feud and my actions within it do no justify this, Off to FNR I go then.

Admin PM from-Peoplearestrange: They were warned for hiding, but I don't believe banning them will undo the situation or stop it in furture

Admin PM from-Peoplearestrange: I disagree, I will be obviously adding my statement from what I saw, but I'm sorry you feel that my overal opnion was invalid.

PM to-Admins: Then we're done here, I'm sorry if I seem short, but I'm pretty fucking tired of not having the support I need to survive a round

Admin PM from-Peoplearestrange: Thats ok, your angry, I can understand that, I don't take it personally. I do suggest you give yourself time before writing a FNR post. Logs should be accesable publicly. Though I can copy the VV's
Last edited by Falamazeer on Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tornadium
Byond Username: Tornadium

Re: Wyatt Power, Wrecks officer for no raisens.

Post by Tornadium » #104966

Not related to this incident but as a character reference, this dude is a fucking shithead.

Did the same in a previous round, randomly attacking and murdering security staff is pretty common for this shithead.
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #104967

Oh, and so I'm not cherry picking my facts or anything, His total defense was:
Spoiler:
Wyatt Power says, "It was self defense"
Wyatt Power says, "Im telling you where he left the weapons"
Wyatt Power says, "Science entrance has an oxygen tank with my blood"
Wyatt Power says, "I took a violin and he beat me with an oxygen tank"
Wyatt Power says, "Thanks self defense you retard"

My reply (There was more in interrogation, but my logs cut off right after, but here's what I said to the lawyer immediately after)
Ham Sammich says, "No, you cannot self defense after robbing someone"
Ham Sammich says, "I'm standing by my judgement, PDA the HoS if you want to overturn it"
Ham Sammich says, "I'll release him myself if that's needed"
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #104968

Yeah if this is the full story I personally feel like the guy deserves a ban. 250 points is nothing.
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #104970

Well I'm confused with the points honestly, Last time I used the gulag regularly it was about 1 minute to 100 points, but the round before I gave a dude 1000 points, and it took him to the end of the round, and I felt like a real shit bag because he never complained til the shuttle left, My first ahelp that round was asking what the new logic on those was, I didn't get an answer so when wyatt said 500 points was 30 minutes (I didn't believe him but still) I decided to reduce it to 300, with a 50 point reduction for processing time, totally 250 points
Spoiler:
Wyatt Power (as Prisoner #13-006) says, "How many points"
Ham Sammich says, "Five hundred, equals a five minute sentence if you're fast and lucky"
Wyatt Power (as Prisoner #13-006) says, "500 is 30 min"
Ham Sammich says, "One moment"
PM to-Admins: What is the time to point ratio these days
Ham Sammich says, "I'm checking with my uhhh PDA the time conversions"
Ham Sammich says, "You seem to be correct, 300 then"
Ham Sammich says, "250 for 50 point reduction because this is taking so long"
Wyatt Power (as Prisoner #13-006) says, "I was running away , it cant be attempted murder if im screaming for hel"
Ham Sammich says, "He was half dead, and had the right to pursue you considering you are the one who robbed him"
Wyatt Power (as Prisoner #13-006) asks, "So you let him go because he was a vigilantee?
Wyatt Power (as Prisoner #13-006) says, "Great work"
Ham Sammich says, "I let him go because HIS crime was self defense"
Wyatt Power (as Prisoner #13-006) says, "Not to fight back when hes hitting me with an o-HURGH"
This is Wyatt Power (as Prisoner #13-006)!
He is wearing a prison jumpsuit.
He has blood-stained hands!
He is wearing some white shoes on his feet.
He is wearing Prisoner #13-006.
[Front photo] [Side photo]
Criminal status: [None]
Security record: [View] [Add crime] [View comment log] [Add comment]
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #104984

Seeing as I dealt with this partly in game, i'll take another look at the situation in the morning (pretty tired right now). Though from what I recall it started fairly reasonable and ended a tad shitty, but not bannable shity.

Though as I say, I'll have another look along with the other mins for second opinions.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #104987

If we're asking for character witness this guy is fucking trash. Horrible sec player, horrible normal crewman.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #105047

I've directed them towards this thread.
hspace
Byond Username: Hspace

Post by hspace » #105053

Killing you was completely justified.After interrogating me and the mime , you completely dismissed my story and didn't even make an effort to check the facts that i stated.I did confess to stealing his violin, but as i explained the mime chased me around the station beating me with various tools.I managed to run into the maintenance shaft but the mime ran after me and started to beat me with a toolbox, the only thing i could do is hit it back since it was blocking me and couldn't get past him.While this was happening, i was screaming for help over the radio.After i came out of the maintenance shaft i was covered in blood(my blood) , the mime was completely clean.I did have heavy bruising and was bleeding, the mime was also bleeding because i had to beat him to knock him down so i could run past him in a 1 tile wide corridor.I killed you because you were such a dick to put me into gulag for attempted murder without even investigating what happened.The mime didn't even tell his story he just pointed at my backpack .All i did i push him down and take the violin.Furthermore after trying to sneak onto the shuttle and disarming you , you started shooting lethal lasers at me even after i dropped the taser so i had no choice but to beat you to death.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #105064

Sorry this day's just been crazy busy, so I haven't and won't have a chance to look at this.

However I will add that hspace gave the above explanation to me over ahelps during the round and given the logs and chain events seems fairly reasonable. As I said before I did warn them over hiding/stripping, but I genuinely feel the course of action that took place was fairly valid IC escalation, including the mime part.
There's nothing here that warrants more than a warning at most.
Being removed from the round is frustrating, but it definitely wasn't FNR and definitely wasn't murderbone or anything else that we would usually ban for.

However given that I dealt with this in game but they chose to make a thread about it, I'd appreciate if another admin could review the logs and give a seconded opinion on the matter.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Gamarr
Byond Username: Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #105074

What, we can murder the officer to get out of a 250 point gulag sentence now? It's the equivalent of an unjustified perma? Did i miss something?
rdght91
Byond Username: Roadhog1

Post by rdght91 » #105075

This is B.S. If it's okay to not only murder security but hide their body and permanently remove them from the round (which is like 10x worse) for simply doing their job than security should be allowed to murder and space anyone who indicates they're not going to be 100% cooperative. Even if he left the body in a public place it's be toeing the line but probably okay, but fucking hiding them? That's not trying to escape, thats ruining someone's round. If he didn't want to be gulaged, he could have 1. Not started shit, 2. Not tried to kill the mime, 3. Not cried into the radio. Fuck everything about this.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #105076

I disagree with PAS's judgement, past precedence is that you can not kill security for doing their jobs, especially when they've left you off lightly... (maybe if you tossed the mime their violin back they wouldn't have had to pin you in an wail on you?)

The argument of "self defence" is incredibly weak, given that the precedent of the situation would be that you would have atleast received a warning if you had killed the mime.
Its like have you can't commit armed robbery and then plead self defence against the murder charge because the clerk pulled a gun on you so you shot him.

Moral of the story is: If you catch someone doing a capital crime, and they show zero remorse - even going as far denying they did anything wrong, then its time to ship them off to the gulag for a one way trip that doesn't involve mining.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #105094

Nice, I'll take note that I can now kill and hide the bodies of officers who send me on ezmode labor camp sentences.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #105102

I didn't ignore your story, I countered your points, your story was bullshit, I didn't ignore your evidence, I fully understand, He fought you (Though from my examinations not as hard as you fought him) but you do not get to claim self defense for a beating you delivered after robbing someone.

If the exact same circumstances popped up again, I'd be proud of the judgement I made, and make them again, I would change absolutely nothing about this situation.

Except PASs opininion that it's IC escalation for me to arrest somebody who robbed and fought the mime making it ok to murder me.
That's utter bullshit, and I want this looked at by a headmin, because there is no fair reason why it should be ok to murder your way out of a light sentence you disagree with. it's unjustifiable, and I refuse to accept this judgement.
rdght91

Post by rdght91 » #105110

Space all greyshirt whiners 2015

Seriously, if security is now basically valid all the time (as we can now conclude), I'm assuming that it's a two way street and the moment someone jumps stupid and indicates their going to come back for me and maybe permanently remove me, I'm taking that as license to send them to live among the space carp.
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #105111

Public logs dropped, so you can see it all in once place now, not spread over what I could find.

Looking over the logs, I see now why he and I differ on how fucked up he was through the mimes efforts, he'd been healed to minor by the time I saw them because of a medibot, but that changes absolutely nothing to me, He started the fight by robbing the mimes violin, The fault is his. and he had no right to kill me and leave me for dead, in a blob round, with a morph event happening.

Spoiler:
[17:54:21]SAY: Ham Sammich/Wootanon : The fuck?
[17:54:28]SAY: Wyatt Power/Hspace : Hes killing me
[17:54:34]EMOTE: Dr. Cosby/Chezypoofs : <B>Dr. Cosby</B> shakes his head.
[17:54:38]SAY: Ham Sammich/Wootanon : Kinda looks like the reverse bro
[17:54:40]SAY: Wyatt Power/Hspace : Look at me and look at him

(I do so, both are injured, but Wyatt is the red handed one)

[17:54:41]EMOTE: Dr. Cosby/Chezypoofs : <B>Dr. Cosby</B> points to his bag.\
[17:54:53]EMOTE: Dr. Cosby/Chezypoofs : <B>Dr. Cosby</B> points to Wyatt's bag.

(I make a judgement call and at this point tase him, so I can search his bag for whatever the mime is miming about we run over to interrogation)

[17:55:08]SAY: Ham Sammich/Wootanon : Mime follow
[17:55:30]SAY: Wyatt Power/Hspace : He beat me with a toolbox and an oxygen tank
[17:55:41]SAY: Ham Sammich/Wootanon : Wait here
[17:55:43]SAY: Ham Sammich/Wootanon : Medkit

(I go grab the medkit from perma while this exchange happens

[17:55:50]SAY: Wesley Archibald/Xxredgunnerxx : Mime
[17:55:51]SAY: Wesley Archibald/Xxredgunnerxx : Be good
[17:55:53]EMOTE: Dr. Cosby/Chezypoofs : <B>Dr. Cosby</B> nods.
[17:55:54]SAY: Wyatt Power/Hspace : Lawyer
[17:55:59]SAY: Wyatt Power/Hspace : Take theese cuffs off
[17:56:02]SAY: Wesley Archibald/Xxredgunnerxx : I cannot
[17:56:03]EMOTE: Dr. Cosby/Chezypoofs : <B>Dr. Cosby</B> shakes his head.
[17:56:05]SAY: Wyatt Power/Hspace : Im the victim here
[17:56:11]EMOTE: Dr. Cosby/Chezypoofs : <B>Dr. Cosby</B> shakes his head and frowns.
[17:56:14]SAY: Wesley Archibald/Xxredgunnerxx : Do we have a detective
[17:56:18]SAY: Wesley Archibald/Xxredgunnerxx : Yeah why is he all bloody

(Around here I return and nurse the mime, while I think the lawyer does the same for wyatt)

[17:56:24]EMOTE: Dr. Cosby/Chezypoofs : <B>Dr. Cosby</B> points to Wyatt's bag
[17:56:41]SAY: Wesley Archibald/Xxredgunnerxx : We also had a witnes state it was the mime
[17:56:42]EMOTE: Dr. Cosby/Chezypoofs : <B>Dr. Cosby</B> pretends to play the Violin, then falls onto the ground!
[17:56:53]SAY: Ham Sammich/Wootanon : So..
[17:57:01]SAY: Ham Sammich/Wootanon : You took his violin?
[17:57:02]SAY: Wyatt Power/Hspace : He beat me up for taking his violin
[17:57:05]SAY: Wyatt Power/Hspace : Im almost died
[17:57:08]SAY: Ham Sammich/Wootanon : You moron
[17:57:11]SAY: Wesley Archibald/Xxredgunnerxx : Good thing no one died
[17:57:26]SAY: Ham Sammich/Wootanon : You nearly murdered a man over shit you started
[17:57:32]SAY: Ham Sammich/Wootanon : Godamn it man
[17:57:38]SAY: Wyatt Power/Hspace : I was beatten up for than he was
[17:57:42]SAY: Ham Sammich/Wootanon : Lawyer, whose side are you o?
[17:57:45]SAY: Ham Sammich/Wootanon : The fuck you were!
[17:57:49]SAY: Ham Sammich/Wootanon : The mine was half dead
[17:57:50]SAY: Wesley Archibald/Xxredgunnerxx : I don't even know
[17:57:56]SAY: Wesley Archibald/Xxredgunnerxx : I am trying to follow space law here
[17:57:56]SAY: Wyatt Power/Hspace : The medibot healed me
[17:58:05]SAY: Ham Sammich/Wootanon : His hands are fucking clean!
[17:58:06]SAY: Wesley Archibald/Xxredgunnerxx : So there was theft
[17:58:09]SAY: Ham Sammich/Wootanon : No blood at all!
[17:58:13]SAY: Wesley Archibald/Xxredgunnerxx : And then assault
[17:58:15]SAY: Wyatt Power/Hspace : He used tools
[17:58:17]SAY: Wyatt Power/Hspace : Im telling you
[17:58:26]SAY: Wyatt Power/Hspace : I fought back with fists
[17:58:29]SAY: Ham Sammich/Wootanon : I'm charging you with attempted murder and theft, fucking asshole
[17:58:41]SAY: Wesley Archibald/Xxredgunnerxx : Mime next time, don't act out on your own
[17:58:44]EMOTE: Dr. Cosby/Chezypoofs : <B>Dr. Cosby</B> nods.
[17:58:46]SAY: Wesley Archibald/Xxredgunnerxx : Let the security officers help
[17:58:46]SAY: Ham Sammich/Wootanon : No
[17:58:49]SAY: Ham Sammich/Wootanon : Mime, next time when
[17:58:51]SAY: Wyatt Power/Hspace : You can find an oxygen tank with my blood in science
[17:58:53]SAY: Ham Sammich/Wootanon : This happens
[17:58:55]SAY: Ham Sammich/Wootanon : Win
[17:58:57]SAY: Wesley Archibald/Xxredgunnerxx : Oh god
[17:58:57]EMOTE: Dr. Cosby/Chezypoofs : <B>Dr. Cosby</B> nods.
[17:59:19]SAY: Wyatt Power/Hspace : Hos help me , on of your moronic officers arrested a victim
[18:00:03]SAY: Ham Sammich/Wootanon : HoS, I got a guy who robbed the mime then beat the dog shit out of him when he chased him, I'ma gulag him now that he's lying on the radio
[18:00:18]SAY: Wyatt Power/Hspace : Take the headset shitcurity
[18:00:18]SAY: Wesley Archibald/Xxredgunnerxx : No you can't gulag him
[18:00:21]SAY: Wesley Archibald/Xxredgunnerxx : That's abuse
[18:00:22]SAY: Ham Sammich/Wootanon : Why not?
[18:00:26]SAY: Ham Sammich/Wootanon : He tried to murder someone
[18:00:32]SAY: Wyatt Power/Hspace : It was self defense
[18:00:34]SAY: Wesley Archibald/Xxredgunnerxx : He didn't kill anyone
[18:00:37]SAY: Wesley Archibald/Xxredgunnerxx : Its just assault man
[18:00:39]SAY: Wyatt Power/Hspace : Im telling you where he left the weapons
[18:00:45]SAY: Ham Sammich/Wootanon : No, you cannot self defense after robbing someone
[18:00:51]SAY: Wyatt Power/Hspace : Science entrance has an oxygen tank with my blood
[18:00:55]SAY: Ham Sammich/Wootanon : It's attempted murder
[18:01:03]SAY: Wyatt Power/Hspace : I took a violin and he beat me with an oxygen tank
[18:01:09]SAY: Wyatt Power/Hspace : Thanks self defense you retard
[18:01:10]SAY: Wesley Archibald/Xxredgunnerxx : I am just advising here
[18:01:33]SAY: Wesley Archibald/Xxredgunnerxx : This is pretty stupid
[18:01:26]SAY: Ham Sammich/Wootanon : I'm standing by my judgement, PDQA the HoS if you want to overturn it
[18:01:34]SAY: Ham Sammich/Wootanon : I'll release him myself if that's needed
[18:01:35]SAY: Wesley Archibald/Xxredgunnerxx : Over a violin
[18:01:38]SAY: Wyatt Power/Hspace : Get the hos permission to gulag me
[18:01:39]SAY: Wesley Archibald/Xxredgunnerxx : Sure man
[18:01:42]SAY: Wesley Archibald/Xxredgunnerxx : You are the officer
[18:01:47]SAY: Wesley Archibald/Xxredgunnerxx : I am just playing advocate
[18:01:53]SAY: Wyatt Power/Hspace : Fucker
[18:01:55]SAY: Ham Sammich/Wootanon : Fair enough
[18:01:59]SAY: Wyatt Power/Hspace : Get the permission from hos or warden
[18:02:12]SAY: Ham Sammich/Wootanon : I don't need it, but I informed them anyways
[18:02:18]SAY: Wyatt Power/Hspace : You do need it
[18:02:25]SAY: Wyatt Power/Hspace : You cant gulag without warden or hos
[18:02:33]SAY: Ham Sammich/Wootanon : You'll find you are mistaken
[18:02:49]EMOTE: Dr. Cosby/Chezypoofs : <B>Dr. Cosby</B> nods solemnly.
[18:03:26]SAY: Wyatt Power (as Prisoner #13-006)/Hspace : How many points
[18:03:42]SAY: Ham Sammich/Wootanon : Five hundred, equals a five minute sentence if you're fast and lucky
[18:03:51]SAY: Wyatt Power (as Prisoner #13-006)/Hspace : 500 is 30 min
[18:04:00]SAY: Ham Sammich/Wootanon : One moment
[18:04:36]SAY: Ham Sammich/Wootanon : I'm checking with my uhhh PDA the time conversions
[18:05:46]SAY: Wyatt Power (as Prisoner #13-006)/Hspace : I didnt do any capital crimes to go to the labor camp
[18:06:44]SAY: Wyatt Power (as Prisoner #13-006)/Hspace : I was running away , it cant be attempted murder if im screaming for hel
18:06:47]SAY: Wyatt Power (as Prisoner #13-006)/Hspace : Help
[18:06:49]ACCESS: Logout: Hspace[DC]/(Wyatt Power)
18:07:09]ACCESS: Login: Hspace/(Wyatt Power) from -censored(ip/cid)- || BYOND v501
[18:07:14]SAY: Ham Sammich/Wootanon : He was half dead, and had the right to pursue you considering you are the one who robbed him
[18:07:29]SAY: Ham Sammich/Wootanon : Basically don't start none, won't be none
[18:07:31]SAY: Wyatt Power (as Prisoner #13-006)/Hspace : So you let him go because he was a vigilantee?
[18:07:38]SAY: Wyatt Power (as Prisoner #13-006)/Hspace : Great work
[18:07:53]SAY: Ham Sammich/Wootanon : I let him go because HIS crime was self defense
[18:08:03]SAY: Ham Sammich/Wootanon : As opposed to yours, where it was burglary
[18:08:05]SAY: Wyatt Power (as Prisoner #13-006)/Hspace : He chased me down and almost murdered me
18:08:12]SAY: Wyatt Power (as Prisoner #13-006)/Hspace : You expect me no-OOF
[18:08:45]SAY: Ham Sammich/Wootanon : Cute

And the rest is me getting my ass beat
rdght91

Post by rdght91 » #105114

Again, I'm perfectly fine with this being ruled IC as long as from now on security is allowed to use their own judgement and can just kill guys who are being shitty. Last time I was in this situation I had to deal with an admin boinking me for "clarification" and telling me I was way over the top for literally 30 minutes after I just shot a tider to death the third time he tried to attack me for gulaging him.
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #105115

Better solution RDGHT91, If admins don't want to share and share alike with security players as far as policy goes, then remove security, and borg types, the job is now done by cyborgs, and people will be happy to play the shitty thankless job for the chance of malf or a bad law change allowing them to go full rogue on the shitty fucking buttwipes that we deal with on a daily basis.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #105120

Glad every ruling that happens turns into "WELL I GUESS I CAN JUST SPACE EVERYBODY THAT DOES ____ NOW"
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Ahammer18
Byond Username: Ahammer18

Post by Ahammer18 » #105121

Okay so here's what's going to happen. I'm going to get home, review the logs, and then render judgement upon this sinner. My early thoughts are that this is absolutely unacceptable and you're looking at a dayban at the least. You cannot simply kill an officer because he gave you a small point sentence for screaming bloody murder when he did his job.
I'm a boy.
Global Moderator
Game Admin
rdght91

Post by rdght91 » #105122

Saegrimr wrote:Glad every ruling that happens turns into "WELL I GUESS I CAN JUST SPACE EVERYBODY THAT DOES ____ NOW"
We're following the implications of the decision PAS made. Since security is now always valid for not only murder but spacing unless they refuse to arrest criminals, it follows that they should protect themselves from being spaced by being proactive.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #105123

Not every incident becomes the norm, take your tinfoil hat and fuck off.

This isn't to say I agree with his ruling, but jesus christ stop taking every situation to the extreme opposite ends.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
rdght91

Post by rdght91 » #105125

Saegrimr wrote:Not every incident becomes the norm, take your tinfoil hat and fuck off.
What does this have to do with tinfoil hats? Implying I think there's a conspiracy? You're going to insult me because I called a spade a spade? It was a stupid decision, and I pointed out the logical implications. If that upsets you, maybe you should take a deep breath, go outside and smell some roses or something.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #105129

There are no logical implications, you're screaming your head off that now all officers are perma-valid and should immediately space anybody they taze to be safe.
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #105132

Thank you Ahammer

Also, The use of hyperbole does not invalidate your argument entirely saegrimr, This is an IF, THEN, situation, IF arrests count as valid escalation, THEN the only real answer is to end conflict effectively rather than just a nose in the corner time out.
rdght91

Post by rdght91 » #105133

Saegrimr wrote:you're screaming your head off that now all officers are perma-valid and should immediately space anybody they taze to be safe.
You could, you know, address the issue and explain what we're supposed to do instead of telling me to "fuck off".

I'm not personally attacking you, I think it's reasonable for me to expect the same courtesy.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #105135

rdght91 wrote:You could, you know, address the issue and explain what we're supposed to do instead of telling me to "fuck off".
The issue is a greyshirt wasn't banned and that is being fixed, and you're supposed to go sit in the corner until an actual resolution is reached instead of being the village idiot all over the damn place.
rdght91

Post by rdght91 » #105136

PAS said it was resolved until someone else literally minutes ago said they'd re-open it.

Anyway, I'm being respectful to you and would ask you to be respectful in return.
Ahammer18
Byond Username: Ahammer18

Post by Ahammer18 » #105138

Okay, a 1440 minute (one day) ban has been applied to Hspace for this incident. Yes, the officer attacked him back, but this was after Hspace disarmed him 4 times. Regardless of how Falamazeer defended himself, Hspace still started a fight as a non-antagonist resulting in the death of an innocent security officer trying to do his job.

Case closed.

(P.S. this is being locked because the FNR board is not the place to argue about whos tin foil had is the largest, thank you.)
I'm a boy.
Global Moderator
Game Admin
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #105139

rdght91 wrote:Anyway, I'm being respectful to you and would ask you to be respectful in return.
You clearly don't know me very well.