Byond Username: Montyblancs

Nathan Ward(sirnat) - Greytiding

Post by Montyblancs » #111548

Your byond account: Montyblancs
Your character name: Kicks-The-Puppies
Their character name: Nathan Ward
Their byond account(optional, but useful if you can provide it): sirnat
Server and time: Sybil, 8/10/15, starting at 23:58:16 server time

Description of what happened: Midway through my botany shift, a chicken-suited Nathan Ward stops in the hallway in front of botany, takes the fire axe off his back, and wordlessly starts smashing through the windows despite having no prior interaction with him this shift. He leaves, briefly, but returns five seconds later, barging in through his newly made hole. A fight ensues as I attempt to unsuccessfully try to fend off the psychopath.
Spoiler:
[23:58:16]SAY: Kicks-The-Puppies/Montyblancs : HEY!!
[23:58:33]ATTACK: Nathan Ward(sirnat) punched Kicks-The-Puppies(montyblancs) (NEWHP: 100)
[23:58:41]ATTACK: Kicks-The-Puppies(montyblancs) hit Nathan Ward(sirnat) with the hatchet (NEWHP: 80)
[23:58:45]ATTACK: Nathan Ward(sirnat) attacked Kicks-The-Puppies(montyblancs) with fire axe (Wielded)(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 100)
[23:58:49]ATTACK: Nathan Ward(sirnat) attacked Kicks-The-Puppies(montyblancs) with fire axe (Wielded)(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 76)
[23:58:54]ATTACK: Nathan Ward(sirnat) attacked Kicks-The-Puppies(montyblancs) with fire axe (Wielded)(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 52)
[23:58:54]ATTACK: Kicks-The-Puppies(montyblancs) hit Nathan Ward(sirnat) with the hatchet (NEWHP: 65)
[23:59:03]ATTACK: Kicks-The-Puppies(montyblancs) attacked Nathan Ward(sirnat) with hatchet(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 50)
[23:59:05]ATTACK: Kicks-The-Puppies(montyblancs) attacked Nathan Ward(sirnat) with hatchet(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 38)
[23:59:06]ATTACK: Nathan Ward(sirnat) attacked Kicks-The-Puppies(montyblancs) with fire axe (Wielded)(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 28)
[23:59:06]ATTACK: Kicks-The-Puppies(montyblancs) attacked Nathan Ward(sirnat) with hatchet(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 38)
[23:59:14]ATTACK: Nathan Ward(sirnat) hit Kicks-The-Puppies(montyblancs) with the hatchet (NEWHP: 4)
[23:59:22]ATTACK: Nathan Ward(sirnat) fed Nathan Ward(sirnat) with styptic_powder(20 units); (NEWHP: 14) -I think this was from the chem's vending machine, the fight was outside medbay at this point
[23:59:25]ATTACK: Nathan Ward(sirnat) fed Nathan Ward(sirnat) with styptic_powder(20 units); (NEWHP: 36)
[23:59:33]ATTACK: Nathan Ward(sirnat) fed Nathan Ward(sirnat) with styptic_powder(20 units); (NEWHP: 64)
[00:01:00]EMOTE: Kicks-The-Puppies/Montyblancs : <B>Kicks-The-Puppies</B> seizes up and falls limp, his eyes dead and lifeless...
I then Ahelped and discussed the situation with Ahammer18, though I wasn't told if any action was taken. I was assuming that he was an antag, and he didn't want to give me meta info. Nathan Ward then continued on with his merry antics, apparently. I was revived and pressured security to arrest him. Moments later I found him yakkety saxing with the chef in the kitchen, so I go to help the chef thinking that Nathan was about to murder him too.
Spoiler:
[00:10:18]ATTACK: Nathan Ward(sirnat) fed Nathan Ward(sirnat) with silver_sulfadiazine(20 units); (NEWHP: 80)
[00:10:25]ATTACK: Nathan Ward(sirnat) climbed onto reinforced table
[00:10:33]ATTACK: Damian Hughes(wilczurrr) attacked Nathan Ward(sirnat) with tray(INTENT: GRAB) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 100)
[00:10:44]ATTACK: Damian Hughes(wilczurrr) attacked Nathan Ward(sirnat) with tray(INTENT: GRAB) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 100)
[00:11:04]ATTACK: Pete attacked Damian Hughes(wilczurrr) (NEWHP: 100)
[00:11:06]ATTACK: Pete attacked Damian Hughes(wilczurrr) (NEWHP: 98)
[00:11:08]ATTACK: Pete attacked Damian Hughes(wilczurrr) (NEWHP: 97)
[00:11:09]ATTACK: Kicks-The-Puppies(montyblancs) hit Nathan Ward(sirnat) with the blood-tomato (NEWHP: 100)
[00:11:10]ATTACK: Pete attacked Damian Hughes(wilczurrr) (NEWHP: 96)
[00:11:15]ATTACK: Pete attacked Damian Hughes(wilczurrr) (NEWHP: 94)
[00:11:19]ATTACK: Kicks-The-Puppies(montyblancs) climbed onto reinforced table
[00:11:23]ATTACK: Pete attacked Damian Hughes(wilczurrr) (NEWHP: 93)
[00:11:26]ATTACK: Kicks-The-Puppies(montyblancs) disarmed Nathan Ward(sirnat) (NEWHP: 100)
[00:11:30]ATTACK: Damian Hughes(wilczurrr) attacked Pete with tray(INTENT: GRAB) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 0)
[00:11:35]ATTACK: Kicks-The-Puppies(montyblancs) attacked Nathan Ward(sirnat) with rolling pin(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 100)
[00:11:36]ATTACK: Damian Hughes(wilczurrr) attacked Nathan Ward(sirnat) with tray(INTENT: GRAB) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 94)
[00:11:37]ATTACK: Damian Hughes(wilczurrr) attacked Nathan Ward(sirnat) with tray(INTENT: GRAB) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 84)
[00:11:43]ATTACK: Kicks-The-Puppies(montyblancs) grabbed Nathan Ward(sirnat) passively (NEWHP: 90)
[00:11:44]ATTACK: Damian Hughes(wilczurrr) stripped Nathan Ward(sirnat) of the chicken suit head (NEWHP: 90)
[00:11:56]ATTACK: Damian Hughes(wilczurrr) attacked Nathan Ward(sirnat) with tray(INTENT: GRAB) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 100)
[00:12:02]ATTACK: Kicks-The-Puppies(montyblancs) climbed onto reinforced table
Nathan escapes into the disposal unit, much to the chef's dismay. I again pressure security to arrest him. His response was this :

[00:14:11]SAY: Nathan Ward/Sirnat : Kicks
[00:14:17]SAY: Nathan Ward/Sirnat : Maybe you shouldnt have came at me with a hatchet

Because apparently bursting into someone's department with a fireaxe and then punching them is something you shouldn't respond to, and you should just let them prance on through your department with their deadly weapon. Clearly your life isn't in danger.

Finally,

[01:08:35]GAME: Antagonists at round end were...
[01:08:35]GAME: Changelings: Elias Minikoff(Cavoglave), Grimith Reaper(Jimthebob123), Meloshevik Rafigdoost(MuqtadaAlSadr), Tim Ebow(Durkel).
[01:08:35]GAME: traitors: Futur Ein Gottshanz(Kingofcarrotflowerspt1), Daisy Holmes(Bob Dobbington), Tore Hrafnsson(Tunderchief), Greytider Khan(Sirgir), Vladamir Smirnoff(Daedium), Geist Dangerous(Srifenbyxp), Damien Trovato(Murdeffe).
[01:08:35]GAME: Hunters: alien larva (92)(Raavar).
[01:08:35]GAME: Animals: Drone (187)(Kromgar).

I may not be the only witness to this nonsense in this round, apparently based on the text logs I skimmed through he broke into brig, as well as stealing the Janitor's equipment right in front of me because he slipped on a wet floor.

Why they should be banned: That's a hell of a lot of greytiding for someone that isn't an antag. I don't think I caught what job he was, but since he had to ask the clown at the start of the round for a chicken suit, I'm assuming assistant. His actions stepped over the line of 'crazy antics' to 'being a dick for no real reason,' and I at least feel that they should be brought to someone's attention.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: Nathan Ward(sirnat) - Greytiding

Post by Vekter » #111565

Kinda wanna hear Ahammer's side before handing out a ban, but this sounds pretty shit.

I'll wait on Sirnat's story too.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Mister_Doc
Byond Username: Mister_Doc

Post by Mister_Doc » #111579

Character witness: Frequent graytiding as nonantag. Frequently winds up on arrest. Usually belligerent when arrested. Usually gets an extended sentence because he tries to break out, even on low sentences.
Chesh
Byond Username: CheshMoney

Post by Chesh » #111594

Mister_Doc wrote:Character witness: Frequent graytiding as nonantag. Frequently winds up on arrest. Usually belligerent when arrested. Usually gets an extended sentence because he tries to break out, even on low sentences.
Going with doc.

Every interaction I've had with Nathan is him usually mugging something from me or plain assault with very little response from sec. Nonstop tabling, general destruction, in essence being the best example of greytiding. He always has easy access to some of the most high priority objects from various departments aswell in every round I encounter him (sec armor, fire axes, bag(s) of holding, teleporter, etc). Not bannable offenses, maybe he's just very robust, but holy shit is it fishy.

And if you take a single shot back, you get a boink. Every time I've ever retaliated to his bullshit, I get an admin PM. And by retaliate, I mean, a general beating, nothing too terrible by any regard. It's infuriating.
sirnat
Byond Username: Sirnat

Post by sirnat » #111597

This was handled ICLY pretty much, after I busted your windows you tried charge toward me with a axe, I then tried to run. You hit me a few times, so I retaliated with my own axe, after we fought it out infront of the kitchen you kept coming toward me, you threw your hatchet at me and missed which in return got it thrown back at you. Ahammar bwoinked me and asked me to chill out and I did, I didn't come back to mess with you anymore.

After the hatchet hit you, it sent you into crit, I was in near crit and luckily the fridge had patches which I had grabbed some and used, and grabbed one more to bring back to your body to drag you into medbay.

The only time I fully come back to mess with someone is if they keep going after me even after being healed at medbay, which you did but I always avoided you.

>edit- Oh and about the chef, I didn't even break into the kitchen actually. Someone welded their way in and decon'd the wall because he refused to hand out food, multiple people went inside and as the chef wanted to attack me with a knife he got handled by my axe. I then ate my food and as I went to drag him to medbay the person requesting the ban request pushed him out of my grasp and took him theirself.
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #111598

He baits hard, then retaliates harder, if he loses he ahelps early, can also testify to what doc and chesh have said, If you have something he wants, he seems to have no issue taking it, and trying to fight him after he already has your baton from his first sneak attack isn't going to go well for you.
sirnat

Post by sirnat » #111599

If you're meaning as sec, I only disarm/stun security who I believe try to arrest me fnr when I know I didn't do anything arrest worthy, Falam. I don't really take things from people I "want", infact I rarely steal anything from people. I usually take the clowns bike horn, honk it a few times and toss it back to him, thats about what I do if I take anyone's something.
Montyblancs

Post by Montyblancs » #111600

sirnat wrote:This was handled ICLY pretty much, after I busted your windows you tried charge toward me with a axe, I then tried to run. You hit me a few times, so I retaliated with my own axe

But why did you bash your way into botany in the first place? You just stopped, whipped out an axe, and started wrecking shit without saying a word with one of the most dangerous (non-traitor) weapons on the station. That's probably one of the biggest points of mystery here, I didn't speak a word to you up until this point. It's barely even a prank, it's just you fucking shit up for no reason. I see a pretty valid reason IC to think that my life is the line. Not to mention you punched me first after I ran up to you, and then hit me three successive times after the first strike.
sirnat wrote: The only time I fully come back to mess with someone is if they keep going after me even after being healed at medbay, which you did but I always avoided you.
The only time I charged at you after this was when you were being chased by the chef, at which point I was assuming that you were attacking him based on you murdering me. My goal was basically to just get you to back off. The only other encounter was me yelling at the security guard next to you to arrest you, and you scampering off.
sirnat wrote:multiple people went inside and as the chef wanted to attack me with a knife he got handled by my axe. I then ate my food and as I went to drag him to medbay the person requesting the ban request pushed him out of my grasp and took him theirself.
Again, I assumed that you were out to get him, which is why I took the body from you and took him to medbay myself. You didn't exactly prove yourself to be trustworthy, here.
sirnat

Post by sirnat » #111601

I only broke into botany to steal one of the water tanks to fill up multiple spray bottles with water, when I punched you if you paid attention it did no brute damage because I had boxing gloves on. You getting involved in the kitchen fight only made matters worse but I still left you alone, you didn't seem to worried about your windows being broken either or else you would've called for an engineer to fix it. No, later I saw someone finally fixing them with a RCD, you just wanted to complain about windows being broken and you tried fighting me when I only busted a few windows and put the axe back on my back and got cucked for trying to full on kill me. Now you're making a request because you lost in a fight.

Edit>Also, about the janit> No one was liking the janitor and I took her mop/cart and put it at escape to teach her the lesson of importance of signs, she was mopping entire halls and had no signs.

Edit2> Oh, I did break into the brig cell to break the clown out of his cell, who wouldn't want to rescue the clown who gave him a clown suit?
Last edited by sirnat on Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
whodaloo
Byond Username: Whodaloo

Post by whodaloo » #111602

there's literally half a dozen water tanks around the station that aren't gated behind airlocks what the fuck

e: as a matter of fact, starboard aux stoarge, right across the hall from botany, has a water tank in it
Montyblancs

Post by Montyblancs » #111606

sirnat wrote:I only broke into botany to steal one of the water tanks to fill up multiple spray bottles with water,
Have you tried asking? Or opening that closet directly south of botany that's accessible to all with a water tank in it? Or gone...basically anywhere in maintenance for one?
sirnat wrote:you didn't seem to worried about your windows being broken either or else you would've called for an engineer to fix it.
Because people that usually wander into an open botany are pretty tame, or they just walk by without giving a shit because it's just botany. Additionally if I wanted it blocked off I could have just gotten one sheet of metal to replace it with a bunch of grills. The act of smashing it up with a fireaxe is of a greater concern.
sirnat wrote:No, later I saw someone finally fixing them with a RCD, you just wanted to complain about windows being broken and you tried fighting me when I only busted a few windows and put the axe back on my back and got cucked for trying to full on kill me.
So let me get this straight, a wordless non-antag assistant walks up, smashes botany's shit up because he, unannounced to anyone, wants something that can be found quite literally ANYWHERE, and expects a non-hostile reaction. I'm not sure why you think this way.
sirnat wrote:Now you're making a request because you lost in a fight
i ded plz ban
Last edited by Montyblancs on Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #111607

Sirnat, did you expect him not to retaliate when you wordlessly break into his department wielding a fire axe? Why didn't you just ask for some damn water? Common sense, man.

Give me a reason why you don't believe you deserve a ban.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

sirnat

Post by sirnat » #111614

For one, this began over three windows. That's all that happened in the beginning, he then escalated it into a hatchet/axe fight all I did was defend myself honestly, plus I was already handled by ahammer about this particular situation anyway and given a warning.

Edit> Asked if ahammer placed a note and he did not, had someone check my notes.
Last edited by sirnat on Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #111615

Ugh, You cannot claim self defense over crap you started. godamn, why are there so many people who think like you?
sirnat

Post by sirnat » #111617

I didn't initiate the fight, the OP did with a hatchet, I didn't even approach him with the axe. Oh and because it is self defence if I didn't strike him first.
Montyblancs

Post by Montyblancs » #111619

sirnat wrote:For one, this began over three windows. That's all that happened in the beginning, he then escalated it into a hatchet/axe fight all I did was defend myself honestly.
I'm not so sure about the validity of a self defense claim when I'd argue that you're the aggressor. Not to mention I'm technically the one backed into a corner (corner being botany) by what I'm seeing as an axe-wielding madman when you had ample opportunity to retreat and run back out through the hallway.
sirnat

Post by sirnat » #111620

Did I come toward you with the axe in my hands? No, it was on my back the entire time until I pulled it out infront of the kitchen to fight you off.
Montyblancs

Post by Montyblancs » #111621

Are you honestly just pretending that you didn't fireaxe your way into a staffed department at this point? I don't care if it's on your back or not, you just used it maliciously when there's someone standing literally 4 tiles away from you. Goddamn, just ASK.
sirnat

Post by sirnat » #111622

No, I admitted to busting your three windows, but I did only fight back when you brought out a hatchet.
Chesh
Byond Username: CheshMoney

Post by Chesh » #111624

Sirnat has this incredible knack for playing the internet lawyer with every altercation when he's on the "losing side" of his bullshit. He does it with security every time he's put on the spot.

You broke into a department for water. Cut and dry. How can you possibly defend that?
Montyblancs

Post by Montyblancs » #111625

Alright, this is just running in circles at this point. I'm going to maintain my position that smashing through windows with a fireaxe into a staffed department for an easily accessible item that can be obtained in several locations is an act of aggression and leave it at that until someone says otherwise.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #111636

sirnat wrote:I didn't initiate the fight, the OP did with a hatchet, I didn't even approach him with the axe. Oh and because it is self defence if I didn't strike him first.
You broke into his department using the most robust weapon on the station and expected him to go "lol ok" instead of attacking you? That's not how this works.

I want to hear from Ahammer and see what he has to say, but pending any further notes I believe this warrants action.

You still haven't explained why you didn't just ask for some fucking water.
Spoiler:

Ahammer18
Byond Username: Ahammer18

Post by Ahammer18 » #111640

Gave him a warning, telling him to knock off the grey-tide'esque shit. Feel free to supplement the punishment as you see fit.
I'm a boy.
Global Moderator
Game Admin
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #111641

Ahammer18 wrote:Gave him a warning, telling him to knock off the grey-tide'esque shit. Feel free to supplement the punishment as you see fit.
Alright, thanks.

Tell ya what Sirnat, if you can give me a valid reason for you breaking into a manned department for something as simple as water, I'll let you off with a note.
Spoiler:

sirnat

Post by sirnat » #111658

Quite honestly Vek I can't give you one. Last night I was feeling a little greytiderish, broke the windows went in to grab the water can, wasn't thinking about the one across the hall, I quite honestly was just doing it to be an annoying chicken suited man running around the station as I had caused some disturbances by slipping people. I'll take a ban if you truly wish this one time thing is worth banning when all I truly did was break three windows. I've always been told breaking into departments was always IC as long as you didnt murder them, in this case I didn't really murder him. I walked away from the fight to patch up and he threw a hatchet me, threw it back he got crit. Thats where it all stopped for me after he got medbay'd honestly.

>The main reason I'm even fighting this, is because what I said above, i've always been told breaking into departments was IC and should be handled IC. And Sticky today even said greytiding is allowed in ooc when I hopped onto the server.

He did not die, he was not put out of the round, his windows got fixed he had all the chances to resume his work.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #111666

I have a distinct dislike for people who just break into departments instead of asking for stuff. To me, it's the height of shitlery and I think you were completely unwarranted in doing it.

I think you get what you did was wrong and you know better. Don't do it again, cuz.
Spoiler:

Montyblancs

Post by Montyblancs » #111667

What really irked me about this situation, and the reason I made a ban request about it, was the act of what is basically a smash and grab right in someone's face being defended with "well I didn't hit him first." It really goes against what I'm believing is the overall level of RP in the game, which is to say that if you want something, especially something as harmless as water, then you just ask. This goes double if someone that can get you that thing is standing two inches away from you.

By Sirnat's own admission, "I quite honestly was just doing it to be an annoying chicken suited man running around the station." Where is the boundary of "being annoying" and "being a threat to others?" A fireaxe is an extremely dangerous weapon, and it's usage of smashing into restricted areas to steal equipment is pretty intimidating.

Honestly this entire situation feels like I've been baited into attacking Sirnat, and having the fact that I threw the first strike (which I technically didn't because of the boxing gloves, but are you really going to think you're not getting beat up in this situation?) used against me as a primary argument. That's just shitty on all levels, and I'm getting the feeling that the situation would have been reported by Sirnat if I had killed him based on his arguments here.

The central point of this whole appeal is not the destruction of three windows. It's Sirnat's intent, which with his lack of communication, appeared to me as hostile and life-threatening. He should not be able to claim self defense in this situation given his actions and the situation.

Also windows have feelings too, what the fuck, man.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #111755

But you only need to break one window to breach into botany? Is that a miscommunication or did he just break 2 other bits of glass for the hell of it?
Montyblancs

Post by Montyblancs » #111778

He broke the three tiles of glass directly under the tray on the left.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #111787

I remember Ward sitting bucklecuffed in Cargo lobby wearing his chicken costume, yelling for help. I uncuffed him, and he immediately proceeded to break into cargo through all the windows with his axe.
sirnat

Post by sirnat » #111797

Lumbermancer wrote:I remember Ward sitting bucklecuffed in Cargo lobby wearing his chicken costume, yelling for help. I uncuffed him, and he immediately proceeded to break into cargo through all the windows with his axe.
Thomas laser was letting cargo order guns/and a whole bunch of shit so I broke in there to see what kinda shady shit they were doing. If you don't remember, later in the round they were called out for being traitors by the captain all in a group.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #111802

As a point of information, there are many legitimate ways to gain access to an area you do not have access to. These include...
- Asking someone who works there, or has access
- Asking the AI or a cyborg
- Getting access
- Waiting for the door to open, then walking in

There are also a few more undesirable ways, listed in order of least to most intrusive. Please note that these might be considered 'rude' by some people, which means they might get upset. It's best to ask before doing these ones.
- Teleporting in
- Hacking the door with a multitool
- Hacking the door with wirecutters
- Deconstructing a wall
- Smashing in the windows with a stolen deadly weapon, then attacking the workers
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #111871

Walking through open doors behind people or using the AI are not legitimate ways to get in.

Legitimate ways to get your ass kicked, maybe.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Post by firecage » #112040

Honestly this kinda seems like Sirnat was killbaiting Monty
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #112064

firecage wrote:Honestly this kinda seems like Sirnat was killbaiting Monty
He broke into the department wordlessly, hit the guy and then murdered the shit out of him for a fairly common object that is available in places with no access requirement, it does seem about right for killbaiting.
Montyblancs

Post by Montyblancs » #112078

callanrockslol wrote:
firecage wrote:Honestly this kinda seems like Sirnat was killbaiting Monty
He broke into the department wordlessly, hit the guy and then murdered the shit out of him for a fairly common object that is available in places with no access requirement, it does seem about right for killbaiting.
Let me dig a step deeper into this, if I may.
I only broke into botany to steal one of the water tanks to fill up multiple spray bottles with water
Why were you trying to fill spraybottles with water? Hell, where did you get MULTIPLE spraybottles anyway? How much other crap did you steal from the station as an assistant? I doubt that you were aiming to become the new janitor, especially not with that fireaxe on your back. Not to mention your round antics included:
I remember Ward sitting bucklecuffed in Cargo lobby wearing his chicken costume, yelling for help. I uncuffed him, and he immediately proceeded to break into cargo through all the windows with his axe.
Edit2> Oh, I did break into the brig cell to break the clown out of his cell, who wouldn't want to rescue the clown who gave him a clown suit?
This, with the additional character witness:
Mister_Doc wrote:Character witness: Frequent graytiding as nonantag. Frequently winds up on arrest. Usually belligerent when arrested. Usually gets an extended sentence because he tries to break out, even on low sentences.
I have sufficient reason to believe that Sirnat wasn't just walking around this round "being an annoying chicken suited man," with a fireaxe on his back. He was looking for fights to pick, and is trying to weasel his way out of this reality with a flimsy excuse of 'I wanted the water tank'. Water availability on the station is ridiculously high, and even if he didn't have maintenance access, he could fill up the bottles at the sinks in dorms. So then why smash into a manned botany department, of all places? Was I targeted by him, despite not meeting him at all before this incident during this shift? Not to mention, what was he going to do with those spraybottles of water anyway? He plainly stated he wasn't the clown, and even then the clown would get beat up for slipping someone like that.

On a hunch, I'm guessing he's been told before to not randomly attack people, so he sets up scenarios in which the other person gets pissed off and attacks him instead, and then through some mental gymnastics argues that he didn't start that fight, the logs say otherwise.

I pressure this appeal because it treads such a fine line. To me, it's the difference between being able to do my department's job, or having to arm myself up every round for the possibility that someone's going to smash their way in and try to steal my job's tools to be LEL SO RANDUM XD. It's just not a fun playstyle to have to constantly fight against. Leave it to the antags.
sirnat

Post by sirnat » #112127

*Cough* Already been handled, and no i've not been warned to not randomly attack people but thanks for the assumption. Anyway, this has been handled, would someone mind locking it?

Oh and, I didn't hit him with the axe until about five hits of him striking me with a hatchet, I was walking away by that point.
Montyblancs

Post by Montyblancs » #112135

sirnat wrote:*Cough* Already been handled, and no i've not been warned to not randomly attack people but thanks for the assumption. Anyway, this has been handled, would someone mind locking it?
Right, so we're in agreement that trespassers looking to steal a job's tools are allowed to beat up the workers, so long as they hit first. I guess I'll just start carrying around some weapons, then.
sirnat wrote:Oh and, I didn't hit him with the axe until about five hits of him striking me with a hatchet, I was walking away by that point.
You're joking, right?

[23:58:33]ATTACK: Nathan Ward(sirnat) punched Kicks-The-Puppies(montyblancs) (NEWHP: 100)
[23:58:41]ATTACK: Kicks-The-Puppies(montyblancs) hit Nathan Ward(sirnat) with the hatchet (NEWHP: 80)
[23:58:45]ATTACK: Nathan Ward(sirnat) attacked Kicks-The-Puppies(montyblancs) with fire axe (Wielded)(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 100)
[23:58:49]ATTACK: Nathan Ward(sirnat) attacked Kicks-The-Puppies(montyblancs) with fire axe (Wielded)(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 76)
[23:58:54]ATTACK: Nathan Ward(sirnat) attacked Kicks-The-Puppies(montyblancs) with fire axe (Wielded)(INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 52)
[23:58:54]ATTACK: Kicks-The-Puppies(montyblancs) hit Nathan Ward(sirnat) with the hatchet (NEWHP: 65)
sirnat

Post by sirnat » #112136

Oh, miscount but whatever you took a punch with boxing gloves to mean you had to use a hatchet, your fault you escalated it even more.
Montyblancs

Post by Montyblancs » #112138

sirnat wrote:Oh, miscount but whatever you took a punch with boxing gloves to mean you had to use a hatchet, your fault you escalated it even more.
Vekter wrote:Sirnat, did you expect him not to retaliate when you wordlessly break into his department wielding a fire axe?
AdenAbrafo
Byond Username: AdenAbrafo

Post by AdenAbrafo » #112149

Anon 3 amendment or w/e, etc., etc.

This all looks like it was handled IC. Aren't the rules trying to move away from 'ahelp if something hurts your feelings or annoys you because they might not be an antag'? Dunk him if he breaks into your workplace, call the ingame security.
He didn't murder you and hide your body, you got into a fight with him over some stuff and the fight escalated. No reason for a ban request.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #112166

I'm locking this. Sirnat has been noted and is asked to stop greytiding.
Spoiler: