Rin Kaenbyou, multiple rounds gar throwing etc

Requests which have been closed
feem
Byond Username: Feemjmeem
Github Username: feemjmeem

Rin Kaenbyou, multiple rounds gar throwing etc

Post by feem » #123257

Your byond account: feemjmeem
Your character name: [unknown] Pavlov, Braydon Wheeler (i random name a lot)
Their character name: Rin Kaenbyou
Their byond account(optional, but useful if you can provide it): ??
Server and time: Sybil, ~11:20PM Pacific, and earlier that evening, maybe 9:30?
Logs and/or screenshots:
Description of what happened: In the first instance, it was a rev round and a revhead botched their flashing of me, so I notified the crew that there were revs around and security started doing their thing.

Awhile into the round, I'm walking down the hall and the captain (Rin Kaenbyou) comes up and throws two gar glasses into me. One embeds, the other falls out, he takes it and wanders off. I start bitching about this ICly and go to medbay to get patched up, and then wander up to the brig to file an IC complaint and to get implanted, since it's rev. I get implanted. AFTER I'm implanted, Rin walks in, grabs me aggressively, grabs me by the neck, puts me in a chair, and sits there hovering where I can't resist away and puts a gun to my head multiple times. It's set to stun, but he sits there and does this. I say that I'm implanted and he says 'Shhhhhh' and does it again.

I ahelped this and received no response.

This most recent round, I'm standing in the hallway by the brig because someone had been chasing me -- I have literally not spoken or touched another player all round, not even a hug -- and Rin walks by and throws another fucking gar glasses into me. It embeds, he keeps walking off. I'm not wearing the same character -- different name, different sex, he still does it.

Why they should be banned:

This is clearly a consistent behavior pattern expressed by the player. I ahelped this and was told by TechnoAlchemist that it is an IC issue despite the fact that it's continued across multiple rounds, and that in the first instance I was implanted when he grabbed me. Please note that I never once attacked or disarmed Rin and that this was all entirely unprovoked. I disagreed with TechnoAlchemist and was told that I could file an FNR.
Last edited by feem on Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Re: Rin Kaenbyou, multiple rounds gar throwing etc

Post by lumipharon » #123258

I also saw them do this last round - 2 minutes into the round, Rin embedded his glasses in some random assistant outside the brig while walking past.

Pretty shitty.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #123278

So wait, you want to ban this person because they did 15 brute damage to you? As the captain? Once during a rev round?

I don't see how under the current server policy of "Shrug it off you big baby" this is actionable.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #123279

Because Rin was doing this like, every round.

>This is clearly a consistent behavior pattern expressed by the player.
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #123345

It's really really minor. 30 damage a round to random people, and you get free HUDs or sunglasses out of it. Sure, minor dick move whatever, but there are far worse things people do on a round-to-round basis. For instance, releasing DNAids as a viro when it was still around.
feem
Byond Username: Feemjmeem
Github Username: feemjmeem

Post by feem » #123350

Plus embed damage, plus blood loss while you get back to medbay dragging an object that's embedded. I was almost in crit when I got there.

And that doesn't address the behavior after I was implanted.

I'm also pretty sure he did this a few other rounds afterwards, too.

If I responded to this ICly in turn I'd almost certainly get bwoinked -- I have in the past, for retaliating -- or immediately murdered, or at the very least permabrigged or gulaged. As the captain, they're in a position where any retaliation is often responded to with summary execution in regular play, and the gar glasses seem to be this player's gimmick.

It isn't about the damage, it's about the lack of IC recourse due to the captain role, the repetition, and the combination of the gar glasses behavior with the other described behavior (fucking with loyalty-implanted people for the hell of it) which made me file the FNR.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #123359

Yeah you're not allowed to go up to people and randomly smash their skulls in with a toolbox, you're not allowed to randomly throw spears at people, you shouldn't be allowed to do this. If no one else will, I'll point them to this thread when I see them
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #124111

>Rin walks in, grabs me aggressively, grabs me by the neck, puts me in a chair, and sits there hovering where I can't resist away and puts a gun to my head multiple times. It's set to stun, but he sits there and does this. I say that I'm implanted and he says 'Shhhhhh' and does it again.

What is it with captains
PickleInspector
Byond Username: PickleInspector

Post by PickleInspector » #124256

When your characters gimmick is being a dick and harming people for no reason, it becomes OOC pretty quickly. There's zero IC backing to it unless you're invoking the "i roleplay a craaaazy person" card.
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #124294

I can vouch for this. There are several times that Rin has walked past me and thrown gars at me for no reason, mainly as an assistant or a shaft miner returning with a load of minerals (why would you attack the sole person capable of bringing back ore?!)
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #124331

Have they been pointed to this thread? If they have still not responded it might be time for the old "permaban till you come to the circle and talk about your feelings" routine
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #124390

Wyzack wrote:Have they been pointed to this thread? If they have still not responded it might be time for the old "permaban till you come to the circle and talk about your feelings" routine
Adding a log in alert for him so an admin can say "please stop throwing glasses" seems like a saner option to me.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #124394

I pointed it to him yesterday but apparently he had some difficulty making an account or something so I told him to do it by this weekend.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #125715

It's Tuesday
duncathan
Byond Username: Dunc
Github Username: duncathan

Post by duncathan » #125739

To be fair, there's a chance his weekend only ended today
Yesterday was a holiday in Canada, so if he's from there that may explain his untimeliness
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #125805

well he hasn't logged in since saturday, I could permaban him until he replies but it's honestly the kind of thing a talking to and a note is all that is needed.
Ahammer18
Byond Username: Ahammer18

Post by Ahammer18 » #127013

PickleInspector wrote:When your characters gimmick is being a dick and harming people for no reason, it becomes OOC pretty quickly. There's zero IC backing to it unless you're invoking the "i roleplay a craaaazy person" card.
Correction, the "lol so random/my character is insane" card is not allowed here. Having a special snowflake character does not justify being an ass to everyone FNR.

To quote from the rules: "- Random murders are not acceptable nor is the killing of other players for poor or little reasoning such as ‘My character is insane’. Each unjustified kill is normally met with one 24 ban."
I'm a boy.
Global Moderator
Game Admin
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #127016

Peanut post, but why the FUCK can those animeme glasses embed?
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #127053

So can we ban her until she gets to this? She has either been using an alt or she just hasn't logged on in two weeks.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #127141

iamgoofball wrote:Peanut post, but why the FUCK can those animeme glasses embed?
Because they were used as a throwing weapon in the anime.
Zilenan91 wrote:So can we ban her until she gets to this? She has either been using an alt or she just hasn't logged on in two weeks.
Or we could just drop it since its been two weeks and it's barely ban worthy to begin with.
Tornadium
Byond Username: Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #127152

Why drop it?
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #127160

It seems to be real damn shitty. Shouldn't drop something like this until the person in question is made aware that this is real damn shitty.
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #127163

Forgot to mention I added a note a day ago after checking the connection log and seeing they haven't logged in since forever.

As mentioned above it's barely banworthy.