Sirnat - Excessive Force, and player homicide as non-antag.

Requests which have been closed
Neapher
Byond Username: Neapher

Sirnat - Excessive Force, and player homicide as non-antag.

Post by Neapher » #126604

Your byond account: Neapher
Your character name: Quaker Oats
Their character name: **Unknown**
Their byond account(optional, but useful if you can provide it): Sirnat
Server and time: 2:15PM -6GMT. 10/15/2015. Sybil.
Logs and/or screenshots: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/fa1843596ebd817b6c8f
Description of what happened: HoS was harrassing an engineer (To the best of my knowlege, for posessing a stunprod at best, no reason at worst). I snatched up the stunprod and went on a holy quest to free the jews from egypt engineer from the shuttle brig. Upon stunning the HoS I shouted "For Justice!" as I was tazed by a Duran and promply executed by the on-board firearm.

They were not a security member, and thus claimed they were not bound by proper execution procedure. A imbecile claim to say the least.
OOC: Sirnat: Neapher, I wasnt sec. I had all power to execute your ass
Why they should be banned:
Acceptable escalation is defined as not using an excessive amount of force to control a situation. Proportionate retribution is defined as a relatively equal amount of force applied to someone in revenge for an earlier attack. Multiple factors are considered here, including but not limited to methods of force available to the involved players, who instigated the conflict and why, the state/general situation of the station, how the players involved end up. Excessive escalation or retribution, depending on the situation, may result in admin intervention, to warnings, to bans.
Considering that I stunproded the HoS, was not known to be hostile, dangerous, or have any other weapons besides "It's a confirmed gang round" (Especially since the gangs were absolutely smashed, gang activity was practically zero) Including the fact that when I was tased, I was in the brig area next to the HOS who at that point could cuff me and detain me with zero resistance, or that Sirnat could have continued to stun me until backup arrived, it is simple excessive force leading to death. A violation of server rules that if nothing else, deserves a ban on principal alone.
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Re: Sirnat - Excessive Force, and player homicide as non-ant

Post by firecage » #126963

Actually. So you stole a stunprod and randomly assualted the HoS, while it was confirmed that there were gangsters, and for that you were killed on the spot for being dangerous? Over the top, sure, but you decided to act as an antagonist while not being an antagonist yourself. Typically people who acts like antags gets treated as antags. If anything, this should be seen as banbaiting.
Ahammer18
Byond Username: Ahammer18

Post by Ahammer18 » #126968

There isn't anything actionable here, you assaulted the HoS with stunprod, during a round where there were confirmed gangsters. I would have killed you too.
I'm a boy.
Global Moderator
Game Admin
sirnat
Byond Username: Sirnat

Post by sirnat » #126971

Alright so ill be decent and respond.

I was in a Durand with my lethal weapon raised expecting a big gang shootout.

As I walk to the brig to protect it and the cockpit, I strike a conversation with Emily wondering what she did, getting some role play going.

Then luckily the brig door was open and you stunned the warden/hos whoever with a STUNPROD a very easily accessed tool, and very much so used in gangs I knew something was about to happen.

So before I gave you a chance to fucking cuff the warden and kill him I turned and gunned you down with my lmg, because switching my tazer would've possibly got the warden killed.

I'm sorry you decided to stunprod a high level security member in a gangs round and got shot by me for it but come on dude, its common sense not to do shit like this.

In a rev round would you run around as a non antag flashing a flash in front of sec/heads and not expect to be fucked? No I'm sure they'd kill you too.
Shadowlight213
Byond Username: Shadowlight213
Github Username: Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #126972

Aye. Act like an antag, get treated like an antag.
The ooc line of being allowed to do armed executions unbound by sec rules because they aren't sec is shit and incorrect, but in this case I don't see anything actionable here though. I would have considered it proper escalation had the HOS or a regular sec officer executed you. Don't assault sec then complain when you get dunked.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #127168

nothing actionable

darwinism in spess
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.