Requests which have been closed
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Jayden Rich - Killbaiting, knowingly rezzing a wizard

Post by Amelius » #133319

Your byond account: Amelius
Your character name: Emily Ranger
Their character name: Jayden Rich
Their byond account(optional, but useful if you can provide it): ???
Server and time: Sybil, round ending 4:20 PM~ EST.
Logs and/or screenshots: Lagged out midway, don't have much of the logs sans fragments, and most are unusable since I didn't check to see that no admins were on until it was too late to preserve logs.

Description of what happened:

So, wizard round with an autistic, noncommunicative wizard that was running around in circles and bought a staff of healing of all things (though no one saw it). I killed him with a wand of fireball and took him to the dorms to be stripped. Jayden Rich came in and saw me stripping the wizard and the scroll of teleport that I took from the corpse along with his staff of change, and I believe I also told him verbally that the corpse belonged to that of the wizard (he also had textbook wizard garb on). Jayden Rich proceeded to horsehead me, and I responded in kind, by staff of changing him into a monkey. I lagged out, and logged on to find myself killed by Jayden. He managed to get someone to staff of change him back into a human half a minute later, and immediately beelined to the wizard corpse, resurrecting him with a staff of healing he found elsewhere unrestrained, whilst fully knowing his status. At the wizard's request, Jayden turned him into a syndicate assault cyborg, and they went their seperate ways, leaving my corpse in the dorms, (possibly hiding it, I was speccing the wiz not Jayden).

He also did not know that the wizard was 'friendly' at the time, and could have sparked a massacre if he wasn't friendly. Furthermore, the assault cyborg DID injure people later on in the round, almost killing the mime if not for timely clowntervention, but mostly just spent the rest of the round boring people out of their skulls, running around in circles almost entirely mute and shooting grenade launchers at doors in maintenance.

Why they should be banned:

Killbaiting (escalating a situation they themselves instigated as a non-antag), resurrecting a highly dangerous antagonist with zero preparation, and, at best, only had the wizard's word that they are friendly (though I do not recall the wizard having the opportunity to prove this to anyone), which has been proven wrong time and time again with previous 'friendly' wizards exploding the station with Ei Nath or other magic. Also, he continued to horsehead basically everyone he encountered throughout the round like a massive shit, and was not remorseful for his actions in the slightest.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Re: Jayden Rich - Killbaiting, knowingly rezzing a wizard

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #133354

Ckey is mazen30, they have a history of being kind of a shitter. If someone could direct him to this thread that would be great, I'm out and too busy with other things to log on.
sirnat
Byond Username: Sirnat

Post by sirnat » #133437

Mime here:

The wiz indeed almost killed me. I was walking down the hall to escape just roaming about, only to see the syndiborg at robotics. I goto emote waving at it, and shoots and crits me.

Alien dragged me to medbay to get me healed, luckily and drug me onto the shuttle.

Just thought id give input that the wiz/syndi Borg turned out to be hostile and that him being revived should be a no no.
mazen30
Byond Username: Mazen30

Post by mazen30 » #133456

Hi, I did curse you with barnyard, but that doesnt mean i am the one who cursed everyone, for example i got cursed with barnyard myself, then you Chased me down and kept firing yoru staff till you turned me into a monkey so i killed you with the staff of healing to get the staff of changing from you, i gave it to somebody and got turned back into a human without an animal mask then wandered off and i did rez the wiz, i did turn him into a syndie borg, and turned somebody else into the alien that happened to save the Mime, Nobody hid your corpse it was left at dorms, i saw docs passing by it and not giving a shit, i was gonna revive you but i reconsidered it because you might attack me and kill me then leave me dead to rot
then the detective that i didn't turn into a pig masked detective charged at me outta nowhere,stole the staffs and turned me into a fox, the staffs where nowhere to be found now, i rez'd the wiz because he didnt harm anybody till he apearantly became a syndieborg, from what i heard that round it was only one person and it was the mime, besides the person i turned into an alien saved his life, the wiz was retarded
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #133485

Is resurrecting an antagonist a bannable thing?
I know Goons had no problem with it, if a wizard gets dunked within the first few minutes to resurrect him.
I've cloned Shadowlings when the shuttle was leaving within 20 seconds, so they'd be alive by the time shuttle reached Centcomm.
As head of Security I've cloned then cuffed wizards, or used paddles, in order to try and get information.
sirnat
Byond Username: Sirnat

Post by sirnat » #133489

I don't think reviving an antagonist is bannable because look at all the bans thatd hit medbay during rev/gang rounds yknow?

But I do know, killing someone and then reviving an antagonist, or whichever order it came in this situation can get you in trouble, I got in trouble for doing the same thing almost.

I warned sec to not fuck with the wiz once because she was being friendly and one of her cult summon things (cant remember the name) was chilling in genetics with me, and I put a officer in crit trying to defend it and the wiz.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #133505

The wizard federation has been at war with Nanotrasen for a long time. If you want to be retarded and RP with one as A TOTALLY PEACEFUL WIZARD FROM THE FEDERATION THAT IS OUT TO KILL US fine. Defending them is bad and dumb.

Killing someone as a non-antag after barnyarding them is blatant killbait and needs to go.
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #133515

People who initiate aggression against others should not be able to escalate it.

He barnyarded for no reason.

Amelius retaliated by monkeying him.

He could have done something equally inconveniencing, but stepping it up to straight up murder is bad and should be bannable.
Amelius

Post by Amelius » #133561

Helios wrote:Is resurrecting an antagonist a bannable thing?
I believe the thought is that you CAN resurrect an antagonist, but if you don't do it without reasonable proper preparation (cuffs, straightjacket, etc.) and you are aware that they are an antagonist, you take responsibility for any actions they might commit, similar to how if you purge the AI as a Captain any deaths that ensue is on them.

Accidents happen. If you're in the middle of a rev/gang round you have no way of knowing who's loyal and who isn't. Ignorance works there. Hell, geneticists are often focusing on the RNGenerator, not comms, so even if you clone a mass murderer who was delivered to your doorstep, there's almost always no onus on you.

However, in this case Jayden was fully aware of what he was doing - resurrecting a wizard, and that wizard attacked people later into the round and almost killed the mime. He also was killbaiting by escalating a situation to murder he himself instigated.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #133569

Is this the same round where the 'Friendly Wiz' was Actually a Friendly Wiz, and deadchat was in an uproar because said wizard was being friendly?

If it is, then there's not really an issue for him rezzing the wiz when it was actually being friendly.
Amelius

Post by Amelius » #133579

ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:Is this the same round where the 'Friendly Wiz' was Actually a Friendly Wiz, and deadchat was in an uproar because said wizard was being friendly?

If it is, then there's not really an issue for him rezzing the wiz when it was actually being friendly.
Sorta. The point is that:

1. Jayden had no way of controlling what the wizard would do later in the round and resurrected him without any sort of information to indicate that he was a peaceful wizard sans his name, as the wizard was killed before he could prove his intentions, heck, even before he was sighted by any single crewmember sans myself. Furthermore Jayden did not restrain, strip, or mute him before doing so.

2. The wizard was 'peaceful' in the sense that he, as a syndieborg, wandered maintenance, shot at walls, and said maybe three lines of dialogue, all autistic for an hour with no admins on. Only right before the shuttle came did he shoot the mime into crit, possibly by accident, and injure a couple others. The point is, regardless of intention, Jayden's actions led to the close death of several innocents, and I suppose also the immense boredom of specs and crew for an hour.

There is also the aside mention of obvious killbaiting, so it's a griff double-feature.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #133866

Barnyarding has always made you valid, using that valid to kill someone is pretty bad and I'll place a ban on him for that.

Rezzing a wizard seems like usual shenanigans though.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.