Security job ban request: Max Fattkins

Post by Kelenius » #8481

Your byond account: Kelenius
Your character name: Kelenius
Their character name: Max Fattkins
Their byond account(optional, but useful if you can provide it):
Server and time: Sybil, around 4AM UTC+4
Logs and/or screenshots: http://pastebin.com/4str6DbQ
Description of what happened: tl;dr: Two rounds in a row, same guy demands permabrig for me without a reason. First time he gets it, second I'm demoted to assistant.
Long story.

First round, I'm an assistant. I get to robotics to get borged. Roboticist is very rude and leaves. Some atmos techie starts breaking in. I watch. Security officer tries to arrest him. I disarm his cuffs, grab them and run off. He throws a grenade and gets hit by it more than me. I grab his taser he dropped, stun him and run off.

Few minutes later, I see same atmos guy running from security. I try to help him again, running with them for two or three minutes until we finally get caught. The officer takes me to brig, harmbattoning me as he drags me, and wordlessly, without asking HoS or warden, throws me into perma, without giving me clothes, and locking down the cell. I adminhelp it and get told that this is an IC issue. Warden releases me later, when I explain him why I was thrown into perma.

Next round, I start as a warden. We're having some trouble with idiotic AI who's not letting me into EVA, and an assistant breaks in for me. Skip to 30 minutes into the round. The same officer brings the assistant into brig, blaming her in breaking into vault, when she was actually fixing it and took a coin from there, as I am watching outside of the cell. He's not letting me handle it, as a warden should. He removes assistant's toolbelt and sunglasses as 'evidence'; the sunglasses were, in fact, given to her by me earlier. I put the officer into brig for 5 minutes and release the assistant. He gets mad and attacks me after his time is up. Another officer arrests him, and the event is brought to HoS. Guess what he asks the HoS for? That's right, he's asking him to perma me, the warden. The HoS is slightly more reasonable and demotes me to an assistant.

Why they should be banned: "How dares this guy attack me, I AM FLAWLESS, PERMA HE" is a horrible shitcurity-style attitude. It's also quite obvious metagrudging.
Alzam
Byond Username: Alzam

Re: Security job ban request: Max Fattkins

Post by Alzam » #8488

I was the assistant in the second scenario. I was arrested originally for being in EVA (the first room, which I had just let the Warden into) I was then kidnapped and it took a while for me to get back, anyways that's not relevant. I come back, my wirecutters and multitool on the table and Matt standing guard. I ask for my shit back since I was just in EVA since I had let the warden in. He refuses, I push past and try to take my stuff and he tries arrests me. I escape somehow and head towards the brig, to request a pair of sunglasses to go with my outfit. Warden says sure and hands me there, Matt is watching this ENTIRE exchange, and then tries to arrest me (again.) He's unable to and he asks why I'm trespassing, I say why I'm there and all I see is "really." as I leave with my legally obtained shades. Matt is now following me for no reason other than trying to arrest me AGAIN. I don't notice upfront but I heard towards the vault and break it open to obtain a coin to get a cigar (I didn't ask the AI because the AI was being a huge shithead about letting someone into the first EVA room, there was no way it'd let me in the vault) I pick up a coin, and as I try to mess with the door Matt pops out and stuns and arrests me for the fourth fucking time. I tell him I was just getting a coin and fixing the door and he cites "Major trespass is still major trespass" (Fuck space law) I had a flash on me, which he tried to dress up as a "weapon" when he arrested me along with stealing my legally obtained shit in brig before the Warden let me out. The dude was pure shit and was clearly powertripping. I didn't act hostilely towards sec or cause any trouble that shift yet he was trying really hard to find a reason to shove me in the brig.

It's a fucking joke that the HoS demoted Kelenius but he wasn't present for any of these altercations so Matt might have lied or something, so I can't personally say if the HoS was shit or not, but Matt definitely was and he needs a vacation from sec roles. This is not the first time I've seen him act like a shithead for no reason while bigger threats are abound.
Subtle
Byond Username: SubtleGraces

Post by Subtle » #8510

Well, I've taken the time to read through your logs and check them against those server-side.

The first situation, in its entirety, I'm disregarding. You stopped an Officer arresting someone from breaking in, stole his equipment and firearm before continuing to help the suspect resist arrest. You're directly antagonizing security and deserve the brig sentence you received. I agree with Leibniz' judgement.

As for the second, if there's anything to say it's that the only Officer doing their job was Luke Green. You as the Warden have the authority to run your brig, yes. However when you handle your officers by stunning them outright you shouldn't be surprised that they and others take an objection to that authority. You claim you told him to release Khloe, this is the sum of your interactions...
Spoiler:
Kelenius asks, "Crime?"
Kelenius asks, "Crime?"
Kelenius sighs.
Kelenius says, "Here is your crime"
Max Fattkins puts the flash into the security satchel.
Kelenius says, "Being a shitler"
Max Fattkins has been stunned with the stunbaton by Kelenius!
You put the stunbaton into the security belt.
As our NPC-goodguy, Luke Green continues to keep you two from abusing your authority and allows the HoS to get involved.
Spoiler:
Luke Green says, "You don't arrest a officer for a unlawful arrest"
Luke Green says, "You speak to a higher power"

Kelenius has been stunned with the stunbaton by Max Fattkins!
Max Fattkins is trying to put handcuffs on Kelenius!
Luke Green fires the taser gun!
Max Fattkins says, "INCOMPETENT SHIT"
Max Fattkins is hit by an electrode in the chest!
Finally, you're demoted when the HoS agrees that ignoring the breakin was not proper procedure.

(I should also note that ,TECHNICALLY, breaking into the vault is now a more serious crime; check the changelog regarding sensitive documents)
From start to finish a poor show from both players, but one that also ended IC. The only thing I'd suggest is that you both learn to communicate and you personally stop antagonizing security when you're not a member of the force.

Who knows, maybe Luke will teach you guys a thing or two.
Spoiler:
Urist McSpacedorf asks, "Kelenius whats your side of the story?"
Kelenius says, "He brigged an assistant after I told him to release her"
Max Fattkins says, "just uncuff me and let me permabrig that stupid ass"
Urist McSpacedorf exclaims, "SHE SHOULD ASK INSTEAD OF STEALING, OR PREPARE TO DEAL WITH THE CONSEQUENCES!!"
Brotemis
Byond Username: Brotemis

Post by Brotemis » #8534

I should note that ban requests is not the place to contest admin decisions whether it be inaction or action. Apparently Leibnez already made a call so not only is this a bad ban request, it only serves to show you should be jobbanned from assistant and security as you stand out as everything wrong in both situations.
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Post by leibniz » #8577

Brotemis wrote:I should note that ban requests is not the place to contest admin decisions whether it be inaction or action. Apparently Leibnez already made a call so not only is this a bad ban request, it only serves to show you should be jobbanned from assistant and security as you stand out as everything wrong in both situations.
They should be able to get a second opinion, I dont consider myself infallible.
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
Brotemis
Byond Username: Brotemis

Post by Brotemis » #8793

An admirable trait but
3. The ban requests section does not exist for contesting admin decisions or situations already handled by admins. Use admin complaints instead if the incident was already handled in game.
Subtle
Byond Username: SubtleGraces

Post by Subtle » #11995

Dropping back into the thread to clarify that this matter is resolved.

It's been hanging in the air for far too long.
Kelenius
Byond Username: Kelenius

Post by Kelenius » #12006

Since two admins agree on it, I guess it's resolved.