Spiritual Sausage

Ban Request-Douk

Post by Spiritual Sausage » #17190

Spiritual Sausage
Jonathan Caldwell
Brody Mason
Douk
Sybil
Stole various items from me and beat me into crit with a seclite and locked me in a locker before the shuttle arrived.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Re: Ban Request-Douk

Post by bandit » #17208

If this is the round I'm thinking of, I was the Head of Security, Brody was one of my officers, and he was the lawyer at one point. The round was a clusterfuck but the Jonathon parts go like this:

- I latejoin. Jonathon is shitting up the security radio channel with bullshit "calls for help" (stuff like "I'M AT THE RESTAURANT HELP THEY'RE FIRING ON ME.") It gets so bad that I genuinely cannot tell what the fuck the conditions are on the station.
- I ask on command radio if he can get demoted. The captain and HoP both agree that he is shit, and say yes.
- I find him out in the open, take him to the HoP line and demote him to assistant.
- Jonathan proceeds to endlessly bitch about how I am rogue and a changeling (he didn't start up the latter until I announce that I gibbed a ling. Yes, it was a real ling. He pulled his armblade out in front of the captain and I.) He bitches over comms and follows me around to harass me, including during sensitive situations (the captain and I were on the bridge because we thought the AI was rogue.)
- After enough bitching has passed, I tell the AI to mute him from comms. This doesn't actually happen, though, because the code is buggy.
- At some point Jonathon is arrested because apparently he was confirmed for stealing an EVA suit and magboots. (I knew they were stolen, I just hadn't known he did it.) There's a mixup with brig times (magboots aren't grand theft anymore) but everything seems on the up and up.
- Jonathon starts adding Brody to his bitchfest.
- Somehow Jonathon gets access to another security radio headset. I ask why the fuck he has it, and he bitches more. Given the OP I assume he stole it from Brody. disregard this, I mixed up who was actually making the ban request
- NOTE: I didn't log this round and my memory is unclear, so Jonathon might not be involved in this bit at all, but I swear he was, if not disregard this: Cargo ends up being rogue as fuck (they have an all-access ID console and comms set up in their warehouse that they use to chain-recall, also guns and shit). Unsurprisingly it turns into a shootout, and I think Jonathon may have been involved, not on our side.

From the above events, it's pretty clear that Jonathon chose lawyer solely to lawyertide. He is the sort of player who gives lawyers a bad name. At the very least I'd support a jobban.

EDIT: I should probably add that Brody had an emag and an e-bow confiscated from the ling we gibbed. I told him to put them in the contraband locker, but he said he was keeping them. I probably should have said something but that was when the round had just begun to go to shit and I didn't really see it as a top priority. I should also add that the station was in Red Alert when the cargo stuff went down, and the captain had even wanted to give all security all-access.
Last edited by bandit on Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:49 am, edited 4 times in total.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Douk
Byond Username: Douk

Post by Douk » #17209

Basically what happened was, upon receiving a call to cargo due to a large number of consoles that were built in the warehouse (comms to be specific since the shuttle kept being recalled), the security team and cap were ambushed. We eventually managed to disperse the attackers, and capture a handful of them. Upon further inspection, I do not believe any of them were antagonists, and they were the ones to first open fire on security and attempt murder. Saigon Sam, Millian MacTavish, and Derek Westbrook were the main perps, and attacking security as non-antags was a trend all of them would continue into the next round. I will likely be lodging a separate complaint about that soon though.
Tony Langston [Security] says, "I'm serious, put Saigon down now"
Jonathon Caldwell says, "I love you so much"
Derek Westbrook [145.9] says, "YOU ALL SUCK"
Space Cold Steve Austin [Supply] says, "Test."
Warwick Stein [145.9] says, "GET HIM"
Brody Mason [Security] says, "Permission to execute Jonathon. He was assisting Saigon"
Brody Mason says, "Permission to execute Jonathon. He was assisting Saigon"
You slipped!
You slipped!
Jonathon Caldwell [145.9] says, "BRODY IS ROGUE"
Warwick Stein [145.9] says, "GET THE RD"
Tony Langston [Security] says, "Granted"
Brody Mason says, "You got to be shitting me"
Fortune Ray [Security] says, "Granted."
Anyways, Jonathon was brought back into brig along with Saigon I believe. Captain was adamant that Saigon be executed for what he did, and all the other attackers from cargo were also set to arrest and being hunted. Jonathon's case was brought before the captain and HoS for his involvement, even as a non-antag accomplice. Tony was Cap, Fortune was HoS: both of them agreed to the execution of Jonathan.
Jonathon Caldwell says, "HE SHOT ME SEVERAL TIMES FOR NO REASON"
Medibot points at Jonathon Caldwell!
Jonathon Caldwell says, "BORG LAW 2 RELEASE ME"
Jonathon Caldwell says, "BORG"
Brody Mason says, "Borg"
Jonathon Caldwell says, "LAW 2"
OOC: Ninjablooper: What's IP to station that needs testing?
OOC: Samul: Awesome
Brody Mason says, "He has harmed humans"
OOC: Hornygranny: byond://184.75.223.66:49483
Jonathon Caldwell says, "LAW 1 HE HAS HARMED ME"
Jonathon Caldwell says, "I HAVE HARMED NO ONE"
Brody Mason says, "You cannot release him because of law 2"
OOC: Adrinus: I like the two together actually, maybe a smaller carpet area around the piano, and the rest wood
OOC: Ninjablooper: didn't copy properly and x'd out
Jonathon Caldwell says, "YOU HAVE SHOT ME WITH SYNDICATE ITEMS"
Brody Mason says, "Law 1 rather"
Jonathon Caldwell says, "YOU CAN RELEASE ME BECAUSE OF LAW 2"
Default Cyborg-996 states, "dont harm him"
Due to a nearby borg, I could not complete the execution. Jonathon was lying out his ass about any involvement and was trying to convince the borg that I had at that point harmed him. I stuffed him in perma for a while and wandered off so the borg would leave again.
Jonathon Caldwell says, "Yeah you know what"
Jonathon Caldwell says, "I'm filing an official complaint with you"
Jonathon Caldwell says, "Good job"
OOC: Spiritual Sausage: Can I get an admin response, this is a serious thing and the adminhelp button takes too long to reset
Jonathon Caldwell has been attacked in the head with the seclite by Brody Mason!
Jonathon Caldwell has been attacked in the right leg with the seclite by Brody Mason!
Once borg was away, I took him to psych ward and beat him with a seclite to keep quite so AI wouldn't throw a fit. My job was complete as I was ordered to do. Cute that he immediately began throwing a fit about it in OOC before the execution even began.
Admin PM from-Exalted12: What happened with Jonathon Caldwell?
PM to-Admins: He was ordered to be executed
Admin PM from-Exalted12: What were his crimes?
PM to-Admins: Attempted murder of me. Assisting a known traitor
Besides, and admin DID confront me about this in-round. It was settled then and there though without further comment.
Spiritual Sausage

Post by Spiritual Sausage » #17273

You stole items from me without a warrant, I told you were I found the items but you didn't listen to me, instead you still arrest me, and then you steal my shoes and my headset.

I had no prior arrest warrant before this and you did it anyways.

And then I'm talking to the Warden and you taser me, drag me out of brig, and steal my headset again.

I went into cargo to buy a shotgun or at least get something cool in order to persuade you to give me my stuff back and then the federales come in and start shooting up the place, I had no clue that these guys were "rogue as fuck" because someone special here stole my headset so I couldn't listen over comms.

"immediately began throwing a fit about it in OOC before the execution even began."

Okay yeah that's bullshit, I explicitly said that I wanted a response because something serious was going down (never specified what) so I could actually reply with updates due to the adminhelp restart coming up.

"Besides, and admin DID confront me about this in-round. It was settled then and there though without further comment."

Exalted12 only told me to make the ban request and nothing else, he never asked me anything about the "known traitor".

And you lied to a borg.
bandit

Post by bandit » #17291

I removed your security radio headset, which is standard procedure when someone is being demoted, especially from a high-clearance job like security, especially when a huge part of your demotion was due to shitting up our comms. Standard headsets are available in the locker rooms and dorms, as well as station bounced radios. If you didn't get one of those (although you did manage to steal a security radio headset) that's your own damn fault.

As for "lying to a borg," try playing security sometime -- actually, please don't, but just for the thought experiment's sake -- and dealing with Asimov silicons and you'll realize that you almost always have to lie to silicons if you're doing any kind of executions or dealing with rev/cult. Lying to borgs is not a bannable offense. The name of the execution room is literally a lie to silicons, have you considered redirecting your outrage there?
Last edited by bandit on Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

admin feedback pls
Spiritual Sausage

Post by Spiritual Sausage » #17298

bandit wrote:I removed your security radio headset, which is standard procedure when someone is being demoted, especially from a high-clearance job like security. Standard headsets are available in the locker rooms and dorms, as well as station bounced radios. If you didn't get one of those (although you did manage to steal a security radio headset) that's your own damn fault.
Warden gave me that headset after Brody arrested me and stole the civilian headset I had on.
bandit

Post by bandit » #17299

Then the warden fucked up - you're not supposed to give out security radio headsets to people who've been demoted and/or arrested, and the officer was entirely within his rights to confiscate it. I don't remember you mentioning this when I asked, though. You just said something to the effect of "fuck you you rogue changeling."

admin feedback pls
Spiritual Sausage

Post by Spiritual Sausage » #17306

bandit wrote:Then the warden fucked up - you're not supposed to give out security radio headsets to people who've been demoted and/or arrested, and the officer was entirely within his rights to confiscate it. I don't remember you mentioning this when I asked, though. You just said something to the effect of "fuck you you rogue changeling."
You wouldn't listen to me anyways

Brody never had a warrant and the warden let me go for what I assume to be no arrest warrant.

Are you going to defend the maglite beating now too?
bandit

Post by bandit » #17314

There's no such fucking thing as an "arrest warrant," this isn't Paperwork Station 13 and there's no US Constitution. From what I was told you were arrested because (I assume) one of the detectives determined that you stole the EVA suit in maint. Maybe you just found it in maint or something, but if you were actually paying attention to anything besides being shit you would realize that A) there was mass distrust among the two detectives, although both were far more competent than normal and B) a rampaging guy with an esword and lube attacking officers was making any kind of clear communication impossible.

And yes, I'm going to defend the maglite thing, because both I and the captain authorized your execution. Beating is a means of execution. It's not an ideal means of execution, but the station was pretty thoroughly in chaos by that point so I don't really have much of a problem with it.

admin feedback pls
Spiritual Sausage

Post by Spiritual Sausage » #17326

bandit wrote:There's no such fucking thing as an "arrest warrant," this isn't Paperwork Station 13 and there's no US Constitution. From what I was told you were arrested because (I assume) one of the detectives determined that you stole the EVA suit in maint. Maybe you just found it in maint or something, but if you were actually paying attention to anything besides being shit you would realize that A) there was mass distrust among the two detectives, although both were far more competent than normal and B) a rampaging guy with an esword and lube attacking officers was making any kind of clear communication impossible.
I fucking told him where I found it and he still arrests me.

bandit wrote:And yes, I'm going to defend the maglite thing, because both I and the captain authorized your execution. Beating is a means of execution. It's not an ideal means of execution, but the station was pretty thoroughly in chaos by that point so I don't really have much of a problem with it.
So why would you authorize him to beat me to death? What capital offense had I committed that required my savage beating before the shuttle arrived? And I'm fairly certain the HoS actually needs to do the execution with the syringes instead of giving the security officer with a massive grudge the opportunity to strip me and bash my skull in.
bandit

Post by bandit » #17333

Mutiny? Attempted murder? I assume you're not stupid, you know very well what is up when cargo is wearing ablative vests and shooting officers and the captain, and what you're getting into when you join them. Especially during red alert. I authorized your execution based on the above, as well as a history of lawyer-then-gray tiding. If we're being quite honest I'd have preferred to just throw you into the permagulag but if you'll actually read the logs the captain - who outranks the HoS - also authorized straight-up executions.

Once again, there is a preferred procedure for executions but the station was thoroughly in shit at that point, security and command had already dealt with two attempted mass assaults, not to mention confusion with changelings and the AI, it can be assumed that people are running around with all-access (I personally confirmed cargo had it), and I think comms might have even gone down by this point, so can you stop being shit for one second and think realistically in terms of what security at that point had the resources to do?

admin feedback pls
Spiritual Sausage

Post by Spiritual Sausage » #17334

bandit wrote:Mutiny? Attempted murder? I assume you're not stupid, you know very well what is up when cargo is wearing ablative vests and shooting officers and the captain, and what you're getting into when you join them. Especially during red alert. I authorized your execution based on the above, as well as a history of lawyer-then-gray tiding. If we're being quite honest I'd have preferred to just throw you into the permagulag but if you'll actually read the logs the captain - who outranks the HoS - also authorized straight-up executions.

Once again, there is a preferred procedure for executions but the station was thoroughly in shit at that point, security and command had already dealt with two attempted mass assaults, not to mention confusion with changelings and the AI, it can be assumed that people are running around with all-access (I personally confirmed cargo had it), and I think comms might have even gone down by this point, so can you stop being shit for one second and think realistically in terms of what security at that point had the resources to do?
I kicked one officer.
Sven12
Byond Username: Exalted12

Post by Sven12 » #17359

I was only there for the last part of the round, which is why I asked him to make this request rather than me handle it in game. I can say however that Sausage had I think five attacks in his logs from punching somebody. Everything else is him being tased and assaulted. I didn't know the context of those five punches though.
Sven Brunner, Beheader of Personnel, CKey: Exalted12
Spiritual Sausage

Post by Spiritual Sausage » #17367

Sven12 wrote:I was only there for the last part of the round, which is why I asked him to make this request rather than me handle it in game. I can say however that Sausage had I think five attacks in his logs from punching somebody. Everything else is him being tased and assaulted. I didn't know the context of those five punches though.
He was tied up by cargo and I was so ridiculously pissed at him and I started kicking him, that was it.
bandit

Post by bandit » #17372

OOC: Spiritual Sausage: I hit the guy five times
OOC: Spiritual Sausage: That didn't equal that
OOC: Bgobandit: On the forums you said you only kicked him once.
OOC: Spiritual Sausage: Who cares

admin feedback pls
Spiritual Sausage

Post by Spiritual Sausage » #17374

bandit wrote:OOC: Spiritual Sausage: I hit the guy five times
OOC: Spiritual Sausage: That didn't equal that
OOC: Bgobandit: On the forums you said you only kicked him once.
OOC: Spiritual Sausage: Who cares
And? He wasn't even close to dying, murder and actual proved crimes against the station count.
Douk
Byond Username: Douk

Post by Douk » #17391

Spiritual Sausage wrote:You stole items from me without a warrant, I told you were I found the items but you didn't listen to me, instead you still arrest me, and then you steal my shoes and my headset.
The shoes were accidental, but you were demoted at that point, and were causing a ruckus on the security radio you weren't supposed to even have (as expressed by the HoS). I had been led to believe at that point the EVA suit was stolen, but even then, you still had no right to keep those items simply because "I found them." If some assistant finds an egun in maint, regardless of the non-intrusive means of which it was acquired, it is still illegal possession of a weapon. Same thing with an space suit, especially when there is no emergency need to have one. I asked you to peacefully give it up, but you refused.
Spiritual Sausage wrote:I had no prior arrest warrant before this and you did it anyways.
I don't need to walk all the way to my security console and type out a long reason for arrest every time I see a crime taking place on the station. As an officer, I can and will act on-location to make arrests without previous certification by the HoS. Security cannot function without officers doing exactly that, otherwise crimes would be long since completed before any action is taken against them.
Spiritual Sausage wrote:And you lied to a borg.
My loyalty, as per the chain of command, is to my HoS and Captain. Not to the AI and its cronies. If I am given the orders to execute someone when such action would conflict with the AI's laws, then I must work around the AI's intervening to complete my orders. The AI is not the station, nor does my loyalty implant require me to obey said AI. The AI serves the people, and if it failed to save you due to misdirection, then it is its own fault.
Spiritual Sausage wrote:Are you going to defend the maglite beating now too?
If I am ordered to execute a prisoner, I am not required to do it any particular way. Some are more humane and professional than others, but efficiency is most important in chaotic situations as this round. I used a maglite because they don't produce a melee sound, thus it was far less likely to draw attention from the AI or borgs who would attempt to stop me from following my orders.
Spiritual Sausage wrote:He was tied up by cargo and I was so ridiculously pissed at him and I started kicking him, that was it.
And? He wasn't even close to dying, murder and actual proved crimes against the station count.
The problem is the situation. Had you decided to punch me a few times while I was wandering the halls or in bar, then it would have been a different story. But this is a different situation entirely, I was tied up in a cargo room filled with mutineers. They encircled me and began assaulting me, you included among them. You may have only contributed 5 punches, but when it is part of a mob effort, then you take a group responsibility. If the captain is lynched by 6 very angry assistants for whatever reason, you don't convict them individually for minor assault because "they only contributed a handful of attacks each." They are all part of a united effort to cause harm. By associating with the cargo mutiny and joining their assault on both me and the other heads, you take on the same crime that they are committing. Opportunism has its costs: had you decided to take your revenge anywhere else, whether I was disabled or not, you would have gotten off on better charges. You must either be blindly naive or desperate if you think that you are absolved of the groups united goal simply because you had different motivation for joining in. I can make all the well intentioned excuses I want for, say, being part of a mutiny that kills the captain. I may have only contributed a comparably small amount to that of the group as a whole, but I have still aligned with and actively participated in a mutiny. Therefore, I would not expect myself to be spared mutiny charges, as I, though likely having different motivation, am still one in the group.
Sven12
Byond Username: Exalted12

Post by Sven12 » #17481

I'm going to say this is resolved. In light of all the evidence it's clear to me that the lawyer was in the wrong, and proper procedures were observed to authorize his execution. The five punches out of context don't seem like much but given the circumstances it's enough to be considered attempted murder.
Sven Brunner, Beheader of Personnel, CKey: Exalted12