KINNEBIAN 2024 -- MEDICALLY UNADVISED

Discuss policies and candidacies with the potential Headmins.
Forum rules
Post a thread if you want to be a candidate. Must not be permabanned from the game servers or blacklisted.

Reply to a thread to interact with headmin candidates. Rules

Do not spam the same question in multiple threads, use the debate subforum for that.
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

KINNEBIAN 2024 -- MEDICALLY UNADVISED

Post by kinnebian » #721049

HELLO, IM KINNEBIAN 2024
► Show Spoiler

lets get right into the BRASS TACKS - :wetfloorsign: i will rehash some previous talking points i believe didnt get accomplished this term
► Show Spoiler

THIS THREAD IS QUITE SHORT
► Show Spoiler
that said, see you in the debates- ILL BE THERE THIS TIME :wetfloorsign:
respect (let him do his thing)
kinnebian

Re: KINNEBIAN 2024 -- MEDICALLY UNADVISED

Post by kinnebian » #721446

i feel frustrated with where we are at now
where we are now is a place of turmoil in the community and policy wise
recently ive been in a place of my own turmoil and i dont feel mentally all there
this is a bad thing for me as a headmin but im speaking my truth here but i feel at peace when
i am working on something i have genuine passion for
the tgstation community is something i have a genuine passion for
i love you all even if you dont love me
its such a beautiful thing
i dont plan on winning this
im not much of a planner really i just kinda go with the flow
im the least viewed candidate forum and while you might think that hurts a least a little it doesnt really i dont mind
my place in a dynamic is trying to boost others above me in enjoyment but that feels like im sucking my own dick
if you elect me i will burn my ass out for 6 months trying to make this place be the best place it can fucking be
you dont even fucking know how much i want to boost this community and this game
if i dont become a headmin i want to at least be funny in the debates thats the least i can do
after this is all over im going to become an admin again
i will try my ass off to do this because if i dont ill be bored out of my fucking mind
i love you all and i will see you all at the debates
kinedfian
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #721614

Hey Kinneb

I'm gonna SHAMELESSLY copy-paste my questions from Rex since the only point where I feel the inquiry itch is from the union of both your platform's Venn diagram. I saw your's second so you get the copy-pasted bit, sowwy.

Still want your point of view on this though.

- From what I gathered on the headmin player's club thread, you seem to be pretty enthusiastic about the events role that allows someone to request being essentially adminned for a round to run an event.

(For those that don't know, usually, but not always, there's another admin when an admin runs an event so they can provide support on tickets. This isn't planned out, it kinda just naturally happens.)

So this is already kinda organic and I dig it. However, ahelps and asay become visible to a non-staff members in the event runner role for that round. How would you propose managing leaks originating from that? (i.e.: John McTide gets month banned for something and the event runner drops that on the discord)

- How would you deal with the inevitable sharing of player and staff IPs, CIDs, and a ton of other stuff that would happen on cross-server cooperation? A new role? Something on the txt? And how would you liason that with another server? (since their data also becomes vulnerable to our staff)
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #721619

conrad wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:58 pm Hey Kinneb

I'm gonna SHAMELESSLY copy-paste my questions from Rex since the only point where I feel the inquiry itch is from the union of both your platform's Venn diagram. I saw your's second so you get the copy-pasted bit, sowwy.

Still want your point of view on this though.

- From what I gathered on the headmin player's club thread, you seem to be pretty enthusiastic about the events role that allows someone to request being essentially adminned for a round to run an event.

(For those that don't know, usually, but not always, there's another admin when an admin runs an event so they can provide support on tickets. This isn't planned out, it kinda just naturally happens.)

So this is already kinda organic and I dig it. However, ahelps and asay become visible to a non-staff members in the event runner role for that round. How would you propose managing leaks originating from that? (i.e.: John McTide gets month banned for something and the event runner drops that on the discord)

- How would you deal with the inevitable sharing of player and staff IPs, CIDs, and a ton of other stuff that would happen on cross-server cooperation? A new role? Something on the txt? And how would you liason that with another server? (since their data also becomes vulnerable to our staff)
Again, admin swapsies is really just meant for a event running- nothing major, guaranteed or mandatory. That established, I can basically answer both questions at the same time. Making an event runner role with no access to TGDB, or something similar to admin candidate where they need another full admin online to monitor and help them with their event. The way I would deal with the inevitable sharing of player and Staff IPs, CIDs, is to not let it happen in the first place. If I cant put faith in that privacy will be maintained I wont go ahead for it just to have a silly in-game event, Privacy, security and safety is very important.
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #721634

Hey Kinneb, you mention player event running, but what about the events team? Do you think you'd be interested in the management of community-level events, or at least helping facilitate them as head-admins might need to do?
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #721635

Cheshify wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:44 am Hey Kinneb, you mention player event running, but what about the events team? Do you think you'd be interested in the management of community-level events, or at least helping facilitate them as head-admins might need to do?
I'd love to be more involved in managing or helping to facilitate it, even if I dont have much experience under my belt when it comes to running larger community events. Its honestly quite funny that I havent given it more of a go, It just didnt cross my mind. If I dont become a headmin in this election, I want to at least become an admin or event runner to do these sorts of things from a lower level- though I believe being a headmin would give me the options to facilitate and lead by example.