dendydoom - the happiest apocalypse ♥

Discuss policies and candidacies with the potential Headmins.
Forum rules
Post a thread if you want to be a candidate. Must not be permabanned from the game servers or blacklisted.

Reply to a thread to interact with headmin candidates. Rules

Do not spam the same question in multiple threads, use the debate subforum for that.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

dendydoom - the happiest apocalypse ♥

Post by dendydoom » #721059

hello!

i was kindly reminded by MSO to make a thread to introduce myself and maybe present more of what i'm about.

i'm firing this from the hip because in all honesty this all came as a surprise and i'm not entirely sure what i'm supposed to be writing here. none of this was planned, i didn't draft anything beforehand. it's all coming from the heart.

i'm very thankful and humbled to be the host vote. people have put their faith and trust in me by offering me this role, and that means a lot to me, truly. thank you!

who are you?

i'm dendydoom. i've been playing space station 13 across, on and off, almost 17 years. there are big breaks in between, but my first ckey was made in 2007 when i was 15. things sure have changed since then...!

i mostly play manuel, but i've been around long enough that i remember the game before we had these fancy "rp indicators". i like all of our servers and to see the joy and value that our users share with each other during their rounds makes me very happy. we have a very special place here, with an incredible game that so many people built together for no other reason than to share in something unique and fun.

when i started playing all those years ago, participating in laggy rounds with at most 8 other people on a tiny map with barely any items, i had no idea we'd ever become what we are now. it's amazing. we built a little cartoony pocket reality together, and then we stepped into it to be with each other. "we are like the dreamer who dreams, and then lives inside the dream." i bet you didn't expect to get hit with a monica belluci quote in my campaign thread. i always keep you guessing.

i've never experienced another game like space station 13, and in all honesty though many may attempt it, we'll never truly have it again. cherish it!

what do you want?

to those that are essaypost-averse and want the short and sweet, i would hesitantly call myself a status quo pick. despite the name, i'm the opposite of a doomer. i'm very happy with the game. i play it regularly, i admin it regularly, i interact and hang out with the community for far too long in my free time, and all of it brings me a lot of joy. there is nothing that jumps out at me as an imminent roadblock to us being a fantastic game; i truly believe we are already there.

a lot of my work around adminning is nothing more than to curate a good, safe communal space where people can participate with each other and have a nice time. a lot of this will translate into my headmin role too, and as a steward of the community i seek nothing more than to preserve it, keep it functioning, and make sure our users are safe, looked after and having an enjoyable time with each other. i'm also obsessed with good events; people who know me on manuel hopefully enjoyed what i've tried to cook up, whether it's with a lowpop round of 9 people or a server full to bursting. there is always a story to tell if you look hard enough.

of course, i have plenty (too many, some may say) of things to say about the minutiae of policy and rp and blah blah, but i tend to not be the one to spearhead these things; only to provide counsel and to be active in discussion as much as possible, to use my skills and time to help improve and refine and tweak what is already there. i am much more of a gentle gardener, pruning with care where i see it's necessary to preserve its vitality and beauty, rather than rolling up my sleeves and ripping things out by the roots.

if you care to hear what my thoughts are on certain things, then i have a voluminous backlog of posts on the policy discussion forum that go into depth on a lot of these topics. generally, the improvisational aspects of the game are my favourite. i like to see people being creative in the moment, playing their character organically and engaging in emergent situations rather than things which are pre-planned or procedural or restricted by any kind of "meta." seeing someone use mechanics in a weird way that creates a story makes me a lot happier than seeing someone expertly destroy an antag. but that doesn't mean that both things aren't a lot of fun!

if you'd like my other opinions on things, then i will be available when questions are open in this forum and will be active in those threads. i'm also active in the player's club and the election thread in there. you can also just ask me straight up on discord if you're active on there. i don't mind and i'm there all the time, i'd be happy to talk with you.

what are you doing in my house?

you left the window open, silly!

oh yeah, i'd almost forgot:
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
iansdoor
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Iansdoor

Re: dendydoom - the happiest apocalypse ♥

Post by iansdoor » #721441

I forgot to mention. I am very happy that you did the thing!!! YOU DID THE THING AT THE END!!