Tegun - In nineteen ninety...

Discuss policies and candidacies with the potential Headmins.
Forum rules
Post a thread if you want to be a candidate. Must not be permabanned from the game servers or blacklisted.

Reply to a thread to interact with headmin candidates. Rules

Do not spam the same question in multiple threads, use the debate subforum for that.
Tegun
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Tegun

Tegun - In nineteen ninety...

Post by Tegun » #721168

I’ve been told there aren’t enough people running.

The Who

Silicon enthusiast, self-proclaimed boomer and polcon regular. I’ve been an admin since fall of 2020 and a player since spring 2019 with various amounts of activity and effort throughout the years, mainly Terry. I have grown very attached to Terry’s wacky woohoo tider adventures despite not being much of a tider myself and having come to the game from something of an MRP mindset thanks to doing a lot of tabletop gaming. Also I am the rightful heir to the player vote as the oldest living member of the Lepi dynasty, even if some jealous people keep pointing out I’m a pink moth and not a pink cat…

The What

I am very much a status quo choice. I do not have plans for any sweeping changes of my own, but I do have the analytical capabilities to weigh in on anything being suggested and enough theory of mind to see many perspectives on an issue. My advanced age grants me unparalleled wisdom in matters of ethics and politics. Communication and people skills are the bread and butter of my education but I would greatly prefer to be rude instead. Specific ideas and scenarios are better left for debates, so I’ll describe how I feel about certain things which I see popping up more often than not.

:honkman: SPIRIT OF THE GAME :peel: : Even in my tabletop RPG groups, I greatly enjoy when things go unexpected and wrong. I adore the freedom LRP gives for the story to go completely off the rails and to enjoy all the quirks of the mechanics baked into the game. This freedom however comes with a price – people need to take into account there are other human beings playing the game, and sometimes the most fun can be had by losing. The bare minimum, and necessary, constraints of staying IC and trying to have a good time together leave the bar very low.

:thelaw: ADMIN VS PLAYER :unknownman: : We demand quite a bit from our admins and there have been periods where admins burning out and trying to get new ones have been issues. When it comes to players, Pareto’s law comes into mind: 80% of work is caused by 20% of players, experience suggests the numbers are closer to 97-5. A noticeable portion of our players enjoy conflict, and some of those players are very efficient at making conflict happen. It’s a lot of effort to stay civil and professional at all times in these situations. Personally I see this as an issue easiest reached through rules. Recent terms have done a lot of pruning, and if we’re taking this route further, we have to put emphasis on DON’T BE A DICK and IN-GAME RULINGS ARE FINAL. I’ll back up any admin gut feelings unless the ban itself seems a malicious as a 15 minute account maxcapping entire station for no reason. The other route would be to instead add rules until our players comfortably know the exact dance steps needed to start a fight without getting consequences. Adminning relies on volunteers, not having volunteers would make the servers unplayable and I’d rather see them being unplayable due to all players being banned than all admins burning out.

:paperwrote: NOTES ARE PUNISHMENT :wetfloorsign: : Yes, they are, but they’re also necessary for admins to communicate regarding a player's behaviour.

:cardborg: SILICONS :ai: : JUST FOLLOW YOUR LAWS YOU CAN LITERALLY CLICK A BUTTON TO SEE THEM

The Cons

I don’t actually live like I preach and I let a lot of people go with a slap on the wrist. I do not hold Honda Mothra to any standards because they leave the AI core alone. My in-game activity waxes and wanes. Despite a lot of time spent here I am not too familiar with certain inner workings of the INTERNAL DISCUSSIONS tower. I may have to return to edit this post once I develop some takes with more substance and less train of thought or notice spelling errors.

The REAL What

We need to let oranges back into admin-chatter.
dragomagol
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Re: Tegun - In nineteen ninety...

Post by dragomagol » #721295

Low-key but chill as heck. Would watch them stream Grim Fandango again/10
AKA tattle

Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler:
Riggle
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Riggle

Post by Riggle » #721424

Tegun is a cool admin, I'm sure they'd be good at being a headmin too
Very cool link
Look at my cool text
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #721612

Hey Tegun,

My only question really is: what do you plan to do? Is it keeping the lights on? Your texts are inspired but they feel like statements of fact rather than a platform.

Thanks and good luck.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Tegun
In-Game Admin

Post by Tegun » #721661

conrad wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:50 pm Hey Tegun,

My only question really is: what do you plan to do? Is it keeping the lights on? Your texts are inspired but they feel like statements of fact rather than a platform.

Thanks and good luck.
Spot on. Since I don't have any plans other than keeping the lights on, I just write something that might let people extrapolate how I might respond to different situations or suggestions. In some ways that's probably better than having some really specific changes ready, because what are the odds that one day a headmin wakes up to a gazillion discord pings saying "dude wake the fuck up we have to implement the changes you wanted all along RIGHT FUCKING NOW"?
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #722202

What's your sell, in your words, as to why should people who have been happy with the things happening over the last term vote you up instead of the returning headadmin who implemented these things in the first place?

Secondly, you're not the only make-no-changes keep-the-lights-on candidate. How do you think players/admins should choose between you?
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Tegun
In-Game Admin

Post by Tegun » #722233

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:15 pm What's your sell, in your words, as to why should people who have been happy with the things happening over the last term vote you up instead of the returning headadmin who implemented these things in the first place?
To be fair, I am not entirely sure what "things happening over the last term" consists of. What's noteworthy enough for players, what have I missed? Probably everything? Using TBM's candidate thread to see what they consider their term's achievements, I can't really make claims about rule changes. Regarding the HR aspect of adminning, this is something I could do well. I've got skills in that department and my stance is very much that we should make sure our admins enjoy being admins.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:15 pm Secondly, you're not the only make-no-changes keep-the-lights-on candidate. How do you think players/admins should choose between you?
Well since I'm doing a fair bit of essayposting and honesty for the election, the choice here is clear. People should pick whoever they think actually does the job without burning out halfway through the term. In my opinion the best indicator here would be having been a headmin before, those candidates know what they're signing up for and they won't be blindsided by the everyday of headminning. On top of that all terms are not equal, sometimes you have drama and big incidents, sometimes it's just smooth sailing where keeping the lights on describes it well. People who can keep their head cool when things aren't going their way are good options.