Events...

Users can post replies, but only game admins, mods, and forum admins may post topics. Mainly for questions and official discussions
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: Events...

Post by DemonFiren » #84345

Bottom post of the previous page:

Now that is something I've never encountered the few times I've played human.

Mind you, that was a while ago, but in those couple months not that much could have changed...curious.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #84394

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Yeah but if you didn't only play lizards you'd know that the 1/2 of tg culture that isn't viciously tracking down antags is hiding criminals from sec. Nothing scaly here.

Literally I've been revolvering people in the halls but as long as the AI doesn't see me (can't deny the eye) random people will hide me or claim to have seen me in the locker room when I'm in maint at escape or whatever.
/tg/station is just space detroit

no snitchin'
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #84546

Scones wrote:
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Yeah but if you didn't only play lizards you'd know that the 1/2 of tg culture that isn't viciously tracking down antags is hiding criminals from sec. Nothing scaly here.

Literally I've been revolvering people in the halls but as long as the AI doesn't see me (can't deny the eye) random people will hide me or claim to have seen me in the locker room when I'm in maint at escape or whatever.
/tg/station is just space detroit

no snitchin'
snitches get toolboxes
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #84699

Drynwyn wrote: snitches get toolboxes
Talkers get toolboxed.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #85282

The toolbox is coming either way you might as well talk while you wait for it.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #85284

Someone suggested a "Western" themed event, it might work if we made everyone on the server incapable of dying, but capable of being temporarily paralysed/killed. Meaning that to curry power you have to kill and loot those in a better position than you, but if you die you'll lose everything.

It also still makes a form of security/police force somewhat viable, even though it would probably be far less professional or well equipped.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #85307

Steelpoint wrote:Someone suggested a "Western" themed event, it might work if we made everyone on the server incapable of dying, but capable of being temporarily paralysed/killed. Meaning that to curry power you have to kill and loot those in a better position than you, but if you die you'll lose everything.

It also still makes a form of security/police force somewhat viable, even though it would probably be far less professional or well equipped.
Honestly I was hoping you'd say to give everyone cowboy hats, duster jackets, and revolvers.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #85308

That too but the underlying core mechanics have to work. If you simply cannot die then that means the event turns into a power struggle event as you fight and 'knock out' other people to gain more power. But those people you 'knocked out' can rise back up from the bottom.

Of course there would have to be some form of end goal. Maybe a Emergency Response Team is sent at some point or the admins intentionally isolate/teleport away the northern half of the station (Security) for a time and once the round has gone on long enough Security is returned to the station.

In fact that might be a interesting idea, near round start you place a indestructable wall surrounding Security and turn it into a lawlessness area. Then after Bain's finished rising his fire you let t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶o̶l̶i̶c̶e̶ security back into the c̶i̶t̶y̶ station.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #85344

Oh now that's an idea. Maybe whisk sec off to centcom or a purpose built facility at mining, run some corporate training events, while the rest of the station does it's best to survive. Then security get sent back to put their new skills to the test.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #85732

I love the idea of just stealing all the sec out of a random extended round and testing their skills as an officer while back on station everyone is given a gun.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
ThatSlyFox
Byond Username: ThatSlyFox

Post by ThatSlyFox » #92197

Any more ideas for events you guys would like to see that have never been done before? All ears.
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Post by invisty » #92205

How about a "Plasma Cloud" event? The station's orbit takes it through a pressurised cloud of plasma gas. Space tiles become >101kPa plasma, spilling into the station through open airlocks or hull breaches. After a few minutes, the station exits the plasma cloud and things return to normal. Naturally the plasma in space wouldn't be capable of burning as it has no oxygen content.

This would give traitors and evil people a great opportunity to wreck havoc, but ultimately this falls under the same category as carp/meteors in terms of effect on the round. Still, there's nothing wrong with more variety, right?
Mime: Depresso
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #92207

To match up with the coming of summer, have a solar flare approach the station and give the crew a few minutes to get into protected areas before massive fires erupt everywhere.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Tunder
Byond Username: Tunderchief

Post by Tunder » #92208

Space Buccaneer merchant vessel.

Space Pirates who try to kidnap folks and hold them on their ship for ransom.

Plasmaman diplomatic delegation.

Admiral and bodyguard appear for a station inspection, one or two assassins are given the objective to kill the admiral.
wól dir, spér, kriuze únde dorn,
wê dir, heiden, dáz ist dir zorn.
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Post by invisty » #92209

Xhuis wrote:To match up with the coming of summer, have a solar flare approach the station and give the crew a few minutes to get into protected areas before massive fires erupt everywhere.
Oh god yes FTL inspiration ++++++ all my money. Make it a come from a certain direction (Starboard/Port/Aft/Fore) which will set every floor tile visible in a straight line from space to ~100C+, up to ~15 tiles from the space-facing window tile. The best part is that this would force people to learn nautical directions.

Dirty self-promotion: Add my plasma cloud idea, and you've got a recipe for awful event combos that cause mass death.
Mime: Depresso
ThatSlyFox

Post by ThatSlyFox » #92213

Sounds like a event that would last at most 10 minutes.

Tunder those events have already been done or are fun for a select few. Try thinking of stuff that involves everyone, or most people at least.
Tunder

Post by Tunder » #92218

ThatSlyFox wrote:Sounds like a event that would last at most 10 minutes.

Tunder those events have already been done or are fun for a select few. Try thinking of stuff that involves everyone, or most people at least.
They're done because they're fun and relatively simple, but could always be improved.

Anyway, pirates are used maybe a few times a year. We don't seem em enough.
ThatSlyFox

Post by ThatSlyFox » #92259

Yea pirates are used rarely. Only issue I see with that ransom event is that it would require some level of RP.

We all know what that means.
Tunder

Post by Tunder » #92267

ThatSlyFox wrote:Yea pirates are used rarely. Only issue I see with that ransom event is that it would require some level of RP.

We all know what that means.
Just have to tell folks that they have to RP if they want to play the role, is all.

We have plenty of RPers, most of them simply hold back to remain robust in the face of validhunters and powergamers.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #92269

On the flip side, you'll get validhunters amongst the crew that will try kill the pirates/any event people ever. Then they're forced to defend themselves, which brings in more validhunters, until they're basically just fighting the crew.
ThatSlyFox

Post by ThatSlyFox » #92270

then they complain because they got wrecked. RP events (at least on large pops/sybil) go bad.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #92422

A pity that a "Most Dangerous Game" event would never work.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #92451

>Hunter releases assistant at gunpoint, tells him he has a 5 minute head start before he will be hunted
>Assistant immediately disarms the hunter and beats him to death with his bare hands while repeatedly tabling him
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #92453

Alternatively, >assistant makes stunprod, disables jumpsuit, hides in personal locker.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #92469

Forcibly tracking-implant the Assistant?
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #92593

Event: use a bunch of ghost spawn runes on centcomm to send wave after wave of Centcomm's Ultra Cheap Brand Deathsquad to destroy the station, completely butt-naked.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #92611

You can do that without summon runes, it's called grey tide.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ThatSlyFox

Post by ThatSlyFox » #92715

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Event: use a bunch of ghost spawn runes on centcomm to send wave after wave of Centcomm's Ultra Cheap Brand Deathsquad to destroy the station, completely butt-naked.
I actually want to do this. :lol:
Fr05tByt3
Byond Username: Fr05tByt3

Post by Fr05tByt3 » #92868

Toward the end of a highpop round with a lot of dead players, instead of sending a deathsquad, send a massive wave of 1 objective assistants.
Objective: Complete operation greytide.

E: Pre-arm them all with pneumatic cannons full of glass shards, cablecuffs and stunprods.
TrustyGun
Byond Username: TrustyGun

Post by TrustyGun » #94559

A very interesting event would be to turn off power, APCs, lights, then make everyone hobo assistants. Afterwards place monsters everywhere, and make a couple of assistants tribal leaders.

Proceed to watch a bunch of assistants with stunprods and spears go to war over cargo.
Usually Julian Mackabee or K.I.N.G
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #94565

TrustyGun wrote:A very interesting event would be to turn off power, APCs, lights, then make everyone hobo assistants. Afterwards place monsters everywhere, and make a couple of assistants tribal leaders.

Proceed to watch a bunch of assistants with stunprods and spears go to war over cargo.
Grey Tribe! TribalStation 13.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med