Vote of no confidence

Users can post replies, but only game admins, mods, and forum admins may post topics. Mainly for questions and official discussions
Tsaricide
Byond Username: Tsaricide

Vote of no confidence

Post by Tsaricide » #98807

What should the criteria be for getting rid of a head admin?

Should it only be up to the Host to decide?
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Re: Vote of no confidence

Post by Bluespace » #98812

if both other headmins say "fuck this guy"
then get rid of them.
DONE
I play Boris Pepper.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #98814

That's easily open to abuse but it might be one of the least convoluted ways of a vote of no confidence.

The alternatives being a player/admin vote or a re-election.
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #98823

Honestly, Introducing any kind of accountability to the headmin role would have to be approved by the headmins, Is this supposed to be a drama thread, or do you actually have an actionable plan/backing to do anything about it?

That being said, Popular vote is a bad idea, sometimes someone has to fall on the grenade and make a controversial decision for the good of all, and forming a popular opinion behind it means those calls won't happen, or it means the more direct headmins of the future will be weeded out until the only type of headmin that remains would rather ignore big glaring issues that are divided in opinion.

The other two headmins having to agree on a third is also bad, as it looks circle-jerky when nothing happens when that grenade I mentioned earlier goes off

Giving it exclusively to MSO is a bad idea, as it silences all popular opinion, and keeps headmins cleanly insulated from the playerbase and free to enact whatever they want, so long as they can convince ONE person they're doing a fantastic job, And MSO like any human being from earth is flawed.

The current system of just letting headmins get reamed by the players over everything they do until they burn out and quit has it's obvious flaws, but it's not working anymore since now (Redacted) and (Redacted) just silence dissent through moderation.

Clearly the answer is to ban them all and let god sort them out.

On a more constructive note, Shorten the time between elections to three months, Leaves proper padding between headmins and the players to make decisive policy that doesn't please every single player, but still adds accountability for re-election.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #98831

Even without a formalized process for no confidence votes, Admins can still do a vote of no confidence, but it's basically a strike.

As in like "We don't care about getting deadminned, we're not following [shitmin] any more".

Then either the headmin resigns in shame or he deadmins everyone and then probably gets removed by mso
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #98867

Ikarrus wrote:Even without a formalized process for no confidence votes, Admins can still do a vote of no confidence, but it's basically a strike.

As in like "We don't care about getting deadminned, we're not following [shitmin] any more".

Then either the headmin resigns in shame or he deadmins everyone and then probably gets removed by mso
This is a tried and tested method of e-drama generation in online communities. I reckon we can happily stick to this system.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Post by invisty » #98903

Bluespace wrote:if both other headmins say "fuck this guy"
then get rid of them.
DONE
Elected representatives should not be vetoing elected representatives of an equivalent or lower hierarchy. That's a quick path to corruption.

Let the voting populace (coderbus/adminbus/host) kick out their elected individual if and when they want.
Mime: Depresso
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #99895

As long as the ability to impeach an elected candidate is restricted to the people who voted for them in the first place, all is well.

Giving the playerbase the ability to impeach coderbus' vote, for example, and replace them with their own candidate just fucks the whole system up.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #100154

As it nearly happened to hornygranny, removal of headmins is currently handled by myself and MSO. If anyone has any legitimate concerns about a headmin you can let me know, you will remain anonymous and MSO will work out the best course of action.