Trialmin Review: Optimumtact

Users can post replies, but only game admins, mods, and forum admins may post topics. Mainly for questions and official discussions

Moderator: In-Game Head Admins

User avatar
ColonicAcid
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:36 pm
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Re: Trialmin Review: Optimumtact

Postby ColonicAcid » Sat May 05, 2018 1:54 pm #407250

"you have to take his intent with this sort of stuff"

so when he posts garbage from 4 years ago as some sort of end all be all when he wants to insult me i should overlook that and try and find the real hidden meaning in his posts? please, i got better things to do than go into the psychology of oranges posts.

here's a little hint to u oranges, i don't really care all too much anytime u post that, i still mean it, coderbus in 2013/14 as a clique is all of you making up for the fact that you weren't part of the cool kids in high school so now you gotta make up for lost time. You constantly prodded the bear when it came to errorage and then went "WAAOOOHHWWW LOOK AT ERRO HES DERANGED" when anyone in his position would break down from all the constant shittery that you and muskets and any other pathetic little shitstain of human beings that were involved in that fiasco.

Did i say stupid shit in that post? Hell yeah, i was fucking angry. I considered error a friend and i literally saw him break down because you bickering fucking school girls instead of trying to have constructive discourse like human beings instead did anything you could to prevent error from doing anything.

you know actually i wasn't going to post in this thread but then i remembered you always post that image when i'm being character assassinated by people and i KNEW, like as soon as i pressed the post button, i just KNEW you were going to post that image again.

so actually i take it back what i said about not having the time to enter your mindset, i can read you like a fucking book because you're as two dimensional as a sheet of paper lol... atleast i can wipe my ass with a sheet of paper, you're too abrasive to do that.
crack is whack but smacks got your back



User avatar
Lazengann
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:26 pm
Byond Username: Lazengann

Re: Trialmin Review: Optimumtact

Postby Lazengann » Sat May 05, 2018 2:48 pm #407258

He's from New Zealand, they don't coddle people's feelings like Canadians do. Which is why I find Qbopper's offense to him so classic(sorry). Please remember to be culturally sensitive in this international gamer community ;)
Last edited by Lazengann on Sat May 05, 2018 2:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.

somerandomguy
 
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:41 pm
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Re: Trialmin Review: Optimumtact

Postby somerandomguy » Sat May 05, 2018 2:50 pm #407259

ColonicAcid wrote:
Kor wrote:More specifically to adminning, he quit last time he felt he was going to abuse it because he was getting sick of it, which is probably the most important judgement we need admins to be able to make.

User avatar
ColonicAcid
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:36 pm
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Re: Trialmin Review: Optimumtact

Postby ColonicAcid » Sat May 05, 2018 2:53 pm #407262

i mean i would rather hire admins who isn't going to fuck shit up because they're burnt compared to someone who knows if they got burnt out they're going to fuck shit up and quit because of it.


that's just me but yknow you do you fam
crack is whack but smacks got your back

somerandomguy
 
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:41 pm
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Re: Trialmin Review: Optimumtact

Postby somerandomguy » Sat May 05, 2018 2:57 pm #407263

ColonicAcid wrote:i mean i would rather hire admins who know that fucking shit up because you're burnt out isn't okay compared to someone who knows if they got burnt out they're going to fuck shit up and quit because of it.


that's just me but yknow you do you fam

If he didn't know that it wasn't ok, why would he quit because he was afraid he might do it?

User avatar
ColonicAcid
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:36 pm
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Re: Trialmin Review: Optimumtact

Postby ColonicAcid » Sat May 05, 2018 2:58 pm #407264

check the edit.

i fucked up the syntax
crack is whack but smacks got your back

User avatar
The Clowns Pocket
 
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 4:56 am

Re: Trialmin Review: Optimumtact

Postby The Clowns Pocket » Sat May 05, 2018 3:17 pm #407268

told me I needed professional help so I got professional help
Image
Image

User avatar
pubby
Github User
 
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:45 pm
Byond Username: Pubby
Github Username: pubby

Re: Trialmin Review: Optimumtact

Postby pubby » Sat May 05, 2018 4:01 pm #407276

oranges wrote:I've never said no offense before I've offended people because I intend to usually cause them quite a bit of offence.

what was that signature you had

something about apologizing in advance

somerandomguy
 
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:41 pm
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Re: Trialmin Review: Optimumtact

Postby somerandomguy » Sat May 05, 2018 4:07 pm #407279

pubby wrote:
oranges wrote:I've never said no offense before I've offended people because I intend to usually cause them quite a bit of offence.

what was that signature you had

something about apologizing in advance

I think that was niknak

User avatar
Armhulen
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:30 pm
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: it's a long story

Re: Trialmin Review: Optimumtact

Postby Armhulen » Sat May 05, 2018 4:08 pm #407280

somerandomguy wrote:
pubby wrote:
oranges wrote:I've never said no offense before I've offended people because I intend to usually cause them quite a bit of offence.

what was that signature you had

something about apologizing in advance

I think that was niknak

no that was him you've absolutely destroyed the evil fruit just now
Image

PostThis post was deleted by ColonicAcid on Sat May 05, 2018 4:45 pm.
Reason: Nvm

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Trialmin Review: Optimumtact

Postby oranges » Sat May 05, 2018 9:04 pm #407377

mfw when I'm being insulted by a hypocrite with 7 connections to the server in the last two years, colonic has more posts in this thread than he does connections on the server in 2018 and 2017, so it's no wonder he has no idea how I am as an administrator.

ColonicAcid wrote:also let me help you here

Kor wrote:
More specifically to adminning, he quit last time he felt he was going to abuse it because he was getting sick of it, which is probably the most important judgement we need admins to be able to make.


Oh shit dude I'm sorry, I didn't realise Kor was speaking for me there, I'll just go ahead and forward all remaining posts in this thread for Kor to answer.

anyway keep posting colonic, you might manage to put together a post that says something more than

bluh don't promote this guy he's meannnnnnn to me on the forum and he might be meannn to me as an admin

Finally
ColonicAcid wrote: you know actually i wasn't going to post in this thread but then i remembered you always post that image when i'm being character assassinated by people and i KNEW, like as soon as i pressed the post button, i just KNEW you were going to post that image again.

yeah I bet you did and that's why you posted so many words, just in case :roll:
Last edited by oranges on Sat May 05, 2018 9:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostThis post was deleted by oranges on Sat May 05, 2018 9:15 pm.
Reason: triple posting

PostThis post was deleted by oranges on Sat May 05, 2018 9:14 pm.

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Trialmin Review: Optimumtact

Postby oranges » Sat May 05, 2018 9:42 pm #407390

pubby wrote:
oranges wrote:I've never said no offense before I've offended people because I intend to usually cause them quite a bit of offence.

what was that signature you had

something about apologizing in advance

true, I guess i have said it.

User avatar
ColonicAcid
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:36 pm
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Re: Trialmin Review: Optimumtact

Postby ColonicAcid » Sat May 05, 2018 10:25 pm #407403

ColonicAcid wrote:Connections literally don't matter when it comes to me saying that your personality is abhorrent and you have a history of doing stupid shit
Last edited by ColonicAcid on Sat May 05, 2018 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crack is whack but smacks got your back

User avatar
Karp
 
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:54 am
Byond Username: Ambassador Magikarp

Re: Trialmin Review: Optimumtact

Postby Karp » Sat May 05, 2018 10:41 pm #407409

oranges wrote:yeah all those hundreds of tg players who like to put pet collars on.

They sure are the most vibrant part of our playerbase

Garbage mentality and this is what scares me about you oranges.It is a highway to justifying mistreating players if you and everyone else suddenly despises them. It makes me feel as if all it takes is the wrong person at the wrong time before you slip up due to a major distaste of someone over their behavior.

In relation to the collar bit, I doubt anyone would call xenomorphs fetish content as well, despite the fact that for some people it literally is fetish content. Something being used for one purpose with a small subset of players does not black mark the feature, and I doubt most people would ever use it as "fetish content" instead of as a joke.
Image
Image

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Trialmin Review: Optimumtact

Postby oranges » Sat May 05, 2018 10:44 pm #407411

aliens you can fight is not the same as a pet collar that is supposed to go on pets also being able to go on humans, one is obviously adding a lot more to the game in content and flavour, the other only appears to exist for the sole purpose of being a weird callback to a fetish.

It's not like adding the pet collar to humans does anything meaningful, so tell me what you supposedly think it's for?

In my opinion they're not equivalent, which is why I don't have a PR up to remove aliens

Karp wrote:It is a highway to justifying mistreating players if you and everyone else suddenly despises them. It makes me feel as if all it takes is the wrong person at the wrong time before you slip up due to a major distaste of someone over their behavior.

In what way do you expect me to mistreat them? I might insult them in OOC or post about them on the forum, but I'm not suddenly gonna ban a bunch of people just for wearing pet collars, because there's no precedents that an admin can ever do something like that and get away with it. Every single admin on the team has biases, most of them don't act out on them, why would I be any different just because I happen to be more outspoken about mine?
Last edited by oranges on Sat May 05, 2018 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ColonicAcid
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:36 pm
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Re: Trialmin Review: Optimumtact

Postby ColonicAcid » Sat May 05, 2018 10:50 pm #407412

>still talking about my connections

Check the thread title my man.


edit: it should be said though that for that very reason i should not have any problems with you and yet i somehow do??? somehow even though i dont play on this server i still think you would be an awful admin purely through your ooc behaviour.

i'm hardly a hypocrite because i said the exact fucking same thing to sawrge when it came up and it feels like im repeating myself when i say that your in game conduct doesn't matter when you have a history of doing shit that anyone else would be put in a blacklist but the only reason you're even being considered again is purely nepotism and entrenchment. your forum behaviour, your general childish attitude of my way or the highway and if you disagree with me you're a mouthbreathing cunt is about as appealing as gonorrhoea.

but carry on clawing at shit that is irrelevant in a hope that you somehow can discredit what i am saying.
crack is whack but smacks got your back

User avatar
iamgoofball
Github User
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:50 pm
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Re: Trialmin Review: Optimumtact

Postby iamgoofball » Sun May 06, 2018 12:18 am #407415

ColonicAcid wrote:>still talking about my connections

Check the thread title my man.


there's that "my name isnt in the title so im immune to being criticized about not actually being qualified to weigh in" thing again, i wonder if he'll realize that doesn't work lmao

User avatar
Stickymayhem
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:13 pm
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Re: Trialmin Review: Optimumtact

Postby Stickymayhem » Sun May 06, 2018 12:23 am #407416

iamgoofball wrote:
ColonicAcid wrote:>still talking about my connections

Check the thread title my man.


there's that "my name isnt in the title so im immune to being criticized about not actually being qualified to weigh in" thing again, i wonder if he'll realize that doesn't work lmao


Not that I have a stake either way but a criticism of character is kind of relevant in a trialmin review thread. Criticising the character of someone laying down criticism in these threads is ad hominem.

Better to defend yourself than attack them back.
Image

Image

Naloac wrote:reminder to suck jannie cock daily to avoid being banned. dare to speak out about a jannies being shit and you will be banned!!

zaracka
 
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:22 am
Byond Username: Zaracka

Re: Trialmin Review: Optimumtact

Postby zaracka » Sun May 06, 2018 12:27 am #407417

he played good music
he made me spin
he played more good music
he made me laugh

promote he

User avatar
ColonicAcid
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:36 pm
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Re: Trialmin Review: Optimumtact

Postby ColonicAcid » Sun May 06, 2018 1:01 am #407423

Stickymayhem wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:
ColonicAcid wrote:>still talking about my connections

Check the thread title my man.


there's that "my name isnt in the title so im immune to being criticized about not actually being qualified to weigh in" thing again, i wonder if he'll realize that doesn't work lmao


Not that I have a stake either way but a criticism of character is kind of relevant in a trialmin review thread. Criticising the character of someone laying down criticism in these threads is ad hominem.

Better to defend yourself than attack them back.

i feel like oranges physically cannot post something though without some sort of character assassination attempt when he gets called out. which is most definitely a sought after admin trait i guess.

y'all can get a chance to attack my character when my trialmin review comes up... which i can assure you is never, so sit tight guys you'll get your chance.

oranges wrote:
ColonicAcid wrote:also let me help you here

Kor wrote:
More specifically to adminning, he quit last time he felt he was going to abuse it because he was getting sick of it, which is probably the most important judgement we need admins to be able to make.


Oh shit dude I'm sorry, I didn't realise Kor was speaking for me there, I'll just go ahead and forward all remaining posts in this thread for Kor to answer.

anyway keep posting colonic, you might manage to put together a post that says something more than

bluh don't promote this guy he's meannnnnnn to me on the forum and he might be meannn to me as an admin

why should i not take what kor said at face value my man. he's an authority figure in this and he said that you said that if you didn't quit you would actually abuse your powers.

that's not a good trait to have when you have the potential to cause damage to the server. sorry, but if was in charge of hiring you for a job and someone gave me a reference saying "he can tell when he's going to cause trouble and will quit his job when that happens" im not going to hire you. end of.
crack is whack but smacks got your back

User avatar
iamgoofball
Github User
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:50 pm
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Re: Trialmin Review: Optimumtact

Postby iamgoofball » Sun May 06, 2018 2:16 am #407432

you are doing the exact shit you're complaining about him doing

Be the change you want to see

User avatar
ColonicAcid
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:36 pm
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Re: Trialmin Review: Optimumtact

Postby ColonicAcid » Sun May 06, 2018 2:25 am #407434

oh my god my man how many times do i have to say that my behaviour LITERALLY doesn't matter right now lol.

jfc, i'm not trying to be an admin, oranges is. i aint perfect and i know i don't have the skills nor the personality to be an admin, which is why I'M NOT AN ADMIN nor will i ever be.
crack is whack but smacks got your back

Doctor Pork
 
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:31 pm
Location: Pennsylvania
Byond Username: Doctor_Pork

Re: Trialmin Review: Optimumtact

Postby Doctor Pork » Sun May 06, 2018 2:59 am #407445

Colonic I'm not sure what you really want. You say "he can't be an admin because he'll fuck shit up" but also "he can't be an admin because he knows when he's about to fuck shit up and he'll just quit" so which is it, or is it not that at all and this is a personal beef and you just don't want to see oranges get more responsibilities?

He's honest and dependable, plus he knows when he's starting to burn out and is willing to step back until he feels comfortable taking the reigns again. What qualities exactly are you looking for in a member of our team?
oranges wrote:pork, the nondescript, commoner king, literally so stealth you could just your normal name in OOC and nobody would know, long may he reign as the secret commander

Image
Deitus wrote:If your signature is scrollable it's too long and fucking obnoxious and you should feel bad

Image
Link to my feedback thread. Go there.
PKPenguin321 wrote:I've been had by yet another tg boondoggle

User avatar
ColonicAcid
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:36 pm
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Re: Trialmin Review: Optimumtact

Postby ColonicAcid » Sun May 06, 2018 3:13 am #407448

i mean i completely missed the post by kor before i made the prior posts so let me sum it up.

• he's shown that he has very little respect for the community, look @ the myriad of situations brought up by people, star wars spoilers etc.
• he's personally said that if given the opportunity when he's burnt out he'll either make a mistake as an admin or purposely do something to detriment the server, which one of those will happen is yet to be seen.
• on the above point i guess we can give him credit for the fact that he has the self control to actually quit before this happens but the question now is why give admin powers to someone like that, look @ my job analogy, if i told an employer that when i get sick of my job im going to fuck up somewhere whether that is with malice or without he's probably not going to hire me now is he.


though honestly at this point i dont even know why im continuing to post my opinion doesn't mean shit LOL

y'all do the right thing on this regardless it really doesn't affect me that much either way.
crack is whack but smacks got your back

User avatar
Lazengann
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:26 pm
Byond Username: Lazengann

Re: Trialmin Review: Optimumtact

Postby Lazengann » Sun May 06, 2018 3:23 am #407450

If we're using shitty job analogies I'd feel better about having a driver who knows when he's too tired to drive instead of one who drives regardless

User avatar
Pepper
 
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:53 pm
Location: Ya like Huey Lewis and the Nukes?
Byond Username: ANIMETIDDIES

Re: Trialmin Review: Optimumtact

Postby Pepper » Sun May 06, 2018 3:43 am #407452

has oranges ever admitted he is wrong
Image


help

User avatar
Armhulen
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:30 pm
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: it's a long story

Re: Trialmin Review: Optimumtact

Postby Armhulen » Sun May 06, 2018 3:52 am #407456

Gook Nukem wrote:has oranges ever admitted he is wrong

has he ever been wrong
Image

User avatar
Nabski
 
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:42 pm
Location: TN
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Re: Trialmin Review: Optimumtact

Postby Nabski » Sun May 06, 2018 3:55 am #407458

Armhulen wrote:
Gook Nukem wrote:has oranges ever admitted he is wrong

has he ever been wrong


He advocated for some players rule 0's due to their history of administrative issues long before we acted on it. Clearly a good judge of what needs to be done.

User avatar
Xhuis
Github User
 
Joined: Mon May 26, 2014 1:04 pm
Location: North Carolina
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Re: Trialmin Review: Optimumtact

Postby Xhuis » Sun May 06, 2018 4:48 am #407472

Armhulen wrote:
Gook Nukem wrote:has oranges ever admitted he is wrong

has he ever been wrong

In a very large amount of cases, he has, yes. I know it's very hard to convince you of something once you've decided on it, but does his behavior in the past year or so really not reflect that? Constant prods, fucking around, and deliberately antagonizing people should not be considered "not wrong" as an administrator.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay

wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity

ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.

CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.

wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay

IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.

wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Trialmin Review: Optimumtact

Postby oranges » Sun May 06, 2018 5:00 am #407481

ColonicAcid wrote:• he's personally said that if given the opportunity when he's burnt out he'll either make a mistake as an admin or purposely do something to detriment the server, which one of those will happen is yet to be seen.

now you just straight up lying, if I'm burned out, I'll quit, that's it.

I won't fuck shit up and I won't destroy things, I'll just leave.
Last edited by oranges on Sun May 06, 2018 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Trialmin Review: Optimumtact

Postby oranges » Sun May 06, 2018 5:00 am #407482

Gook Nukem wrote:has oranges ever admitted he is wrong

I used to think secborgs were good

User avatar
Armhulen
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:30 pm
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: it's a long story

Re: Trialmin Review: Optimumtact

Postby Armhulen » Sun May 06, 2018 6:45 am #407493

Domo arigato this boy promoto
Image

Previous

Return to Town Hall

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users