Regarding felinids/catpeople

Users can post replies, but only game admins, mods, and forum admins may post topics. Mainly for questions and official discussions

Moderator: In-Game Head Admins

User avatar
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:27 am
Byond Username: Arianya

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby Arianya » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:24 am #447071

confused rock wrote:Fuck it, I'm not even going to argue about removal. I think that removing cats from sybil is an insultingly poor choice, but I can see why it was done. in the past cats weren't on sybil, and anyone who isn't very new probably remembers that. Why're we going back to the exact same situation as before if it was decided against earlier (by pro cat players)? Because they really don't give a shit about what's better in general. Bagil originally had cats added as some form of incentive to go to what was at the time basil, since it was always extreme lowpop. Now sybil is the less popular server. Logically it should be the one forced to have cats, right? Well, Arianya doesn't give a shit, because all they care about is that they can keep their cats and not make any changes to their preference whatsoever. They just want the server that they already hardly play on to take the hit so that they can relax as if nothing ever happened while trying to shut up complaints. This is insulting at best. I'm not even going to argue on their removal. I've always liked sybil, and I think I hate cats much more than most here. I still think that it's stupid that we go full fucking circle instead of making the logically superior choice because Arianya is too lazy to server hop.
Welp, enjoy the new copypasta I guess.


I know I somewhat mislead people by my username but you do realize I do not and have never played a catperson/felinid (outside of specific instances like being purrbated during the summer ball IIRC) right?
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg



User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby oranges » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:15 am #447078

Steelpoint wrote:One thing I do believe is that I've never seen such a controversial feature remain in game for as long as this has in the history of tgstation. Other highly controversial things have been significantly reworked or just removed yet catpeople have remained a continuous issue for two years running.

accurate and in fact the only reason they have been untouched is wilful blindness to the issue from high echelons of the server.

User avatar
Godzillan
 
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:41 am
Byond Username: Godzillan

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby Godzillan » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:11 am #447098

Terrible species and shit way to dodge the results of the poll asking to remove it.
Removing them on the less played, more RP server is a complete asspull which satisfies nobody.
The only compromise I'm willing to make for cats staying in the game as a playable species is to make them automatically valid to kill, like the one cat species that Hippie Station implemented.

I joined security just to kill f*rries.

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby oranges » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:17 am #447101

Don't forget to vote in the upcoming poll then.

User avatar
duckay
 
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:40 pm
Location: 25.3°N 91.7°E
Byond Username: Duckay

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby duckay » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:11 am #447110

This shit-flinging isn't going to resolve anything, but I'm going to put my two cents and say that removing catgirls from sybil was a good choice, we just wanted admins to stop complaining about the lack of catgirls, I've seen it and maybe it was a joke but I didn't find it funny. Half the playerbase and ONE player voted for them to be ridden of, and the 'few pixels' or 'not fetish material' arguments seem to tick me off more. We've all seen peppermint or something or other being lewded or some shit on admin free hut or on the splash screen, the 'few pixels' argument tells us that the cat ears and tails are so insignificant that it does not matter, so whats stopping us from removing the 'few pixels'?

But don't forget, the vote still won and the way I see it the one vote seems to made the headmins scramble for reasons for them to stay because it would come off as 'unfair' because of one vote, and accepting the vote would too come off as 'unfair' because of one vote, it's a conundrum only able to be dealt with through damage control, the only way this will be resolved is finally coming up with a decision and waiting for the hate by either side to wear off.

I respect the headmins for trying to keep the peace and keep the playerbase at a high but arguing about it at this level is a level of autism I can't handle.

Take my opinion with a grain of salt, because I've never fully fledged myself in a town hall before.
something

Qustinnus
 
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:30 am
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby Qustinnus » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:19 am #447133

Screemonster wrote:and before catpeople, digitigrade legs were a horrible fetish feature that was bringing in the wrong sort of players
and before digitigrade legs, it was lizards that were a horrible fetish feature that was bringing in the wrong sort of players
I'm sure someone will add some other new feature at some point and that will become the new horrible fetish feature that's bringing in the wrong sort of players



I think both of these are fetish content except catpeople are just the worse offender.

User avatar
confused rock
 
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:18 am
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby confused rock » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:25 am #447134

Arianya wrote:
confused rock wrote:Fuck it, I'm not even going to argue about removal. I think that removing cats from sybil is an insultingly poor choice, but I can see why it was done. in the past cats weren't on sybil, and anyone who isn't very new probably remembers that. Why're we going back to the exact same situation as before if it was decided against earlier (by pro cat players)? Because they really don't give a shit about what's better in general. Bagil originally had cats added as some form of incentive to go to what was at the time basil, since it was always extreme lowpop. Now sybil is the less popular server. Logically it should be the one forced to have cats, right? Well, Arianya doesn't give a shit, because all they care about is that they can keep their cats and not make any changes to their preference whatsoever. They just want the server that they already hardly play on to take the hit so that they can relax as if nothing ever happened while trying to shut up complaints. This is insulting at best. I'm not even going to argue on their removal. I've always liked sybil, and I think I hate cats much more than most here. I still think that it's stupid that we go full fucking circle instead of making the logically superior choice because Arianya is too lazy to server hop.
Welp, enjoy the new copypasta I guess.


I know I somewhat mislead people by my username but you do realize I do not and have never played a catperson/felinid (outside of specific instances like being purrbated during the summer ball IIRC) right?

fuck, well, check mate, i guess.
Image
Image
Image
Image

Qustinnus
 
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:30 am
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby Qustinnus » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:27 am #447137

somerandomguy wrote:
MrStonedOne wrote:Because new information has come to light, I've cleaned up this thread a touch and will be unlocking it.

The filter used to filter the results was pretty incorrect.

viewtopic.php?p=446943#p446943 for more details.

the result will likely be the same, a new vote will be made.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

In the hut:
>"well remove won so we have to full remove"
>"no compromise since remove is the majority"
>filter was wrong
>keep won

Place your bets now, how long will it be until people that argued that one vote is enough make a u-turn?

CitrusGender wrote:Perhaps it's just my personal opinion, but I don't think the overall hatred of catgirls is anything more than a backlash at the prominence of some figures in our community that really make them look bad. I think the "votes against catgirls" are not really so much votes against them in the game but more votes against the extremely in your face nature of some characters in this community.

I don't really see the big deal over a few pixels.

This, catpeople in the game aren't actually fetishy at all, it's just that people post lewds on discord etc and people associate them with catpeople in the game.
It is still kind of a low-effort race, but the amount of hate is absurd.


>people OOC are super autistic and post fetish porn about the feature constantly and all they do is fetishize said content

Haha yes not fetishy at all. If it's just a few pixels they can be removed easily.

somerandomguy
 
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:41 pm
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby somerandomguy » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:09 pm #447144

Qustinnus wrote:
somerandomguy wrote:
MrStonedOne wrote:Because new information has come to light, I've cleaned up this thread a touch and will be unlocking it.

The filter used to filter the results was pretty incorrect.

viewtopic.php?p=446943#p446943 for more details.

the result will likely be the same, a new vote will be made.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

In the hut:
>"well remove won so we have to full remove"
>"no compromise since remove is the majority"
>filter was wrong
>keep won

Place your bets now, how long will it be until people that argued that one vote is enough make a u-turn?

CitrusGender wrote:Perhaps it's just my personal opinion, but I don't think the overall hatred of catgirls is anything more than a backlash at the prominence of some figures in our community that really make them look bad. I think the "votes against catgirls" are not really so much votes against them in the game but more votes against the extremely in your face nature of some characters in this community.

I don't really see the big deal over a few pixels.

This, catpeople in the game aren't actually fetishy at all, it's just that people post lewds on discord etc and people associate them with catpeople in the game.
It is still kind of a low-effort race, but the amount of hate is absurd.


>people OOC are super autistic and post fetish porn about the feature constantly and all they do is fetishize said content

Haha yes not fetishy at all. If it's just a few pixels they can be removed easily.

Keyword being OOC, my point was that it's not in the game itself - outside of the game they're 100% fetish content, but barely in the game if at all
Let me put it this way: other things are fetishized outside of the game, and they aren't removed

Qustinnus
 
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:30 am
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby Qustinnus » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:20 pm #447148

somerandomguy wrote:
Qustinnus wrote:
somerandomguy wrote:
MrStonedOne wrote:Because new information has come to light, I've cleaned up this thread a touch and will be unlocking it.

The filter used to filter the results was pretty incorrect.

viewtopic.php?p=446943#p446943 for more details.

the result will likely be the same, a new vote will be made.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

In the hut:
>"well remove won so we have to full remove"
>"no compromise since remove is the majority"
>filter was wrong
>keep won

Place your bets now, how long will it be until people that argued that one vote is enough make a u-turn?

CitrusGender wrote:Perhaps it's just my personal opinion, but I don't think the overall hatred of catgirls is anything more than a backlash at the prominence of some figures in our community that really make them look bad. I think the "votes against catgirls" are not really so much votes against them in the game but more votes against the extremely in your face nature of some characters in this community.

I don't really see the big deal over a few pixels.

This, catpeople in the game aren't actually fetishy at all, it's just that people post lewds on discord etc and people associate them with catpeople in the game.
It is still kind of a low-effort race, but the amount of hate is absurd.


>people OOC are super autistic and post fetish porn about the feature constantly and all they do is fetishize said content

Haha yes not fetishy at all. If it's just a few pixels they can be removed easily.

Keyword being OOC, my point was that it's not in the game itself - outside of the game they're 100% fetish content, but barely in the game if at all
Let me put it this way: other things are fetishized outside of the game, and they aren't removed


Catpeople draw in a shit audience and thus are shit. What other shit is being fetishized because most likely, I'd want to remove them too

User avatar
iamgoofball
Github User
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:50 pm
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby iamgoofball » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:28 pm #447154

somerandomguy wrote:Let me put it this way: other things are fetishized outside of the game, and they aren't removed


okay so here is the flaw with this logic:

Outside the game, digitigrade legs/feet/whatever are pretty much only found on animals, therefore when applied in the context of a humanoid, is only for furries and fursona crap
therefore, it's not a mater of "it's fetishized outside the game", it IS a fetish. It's not being fetishized, that would imply it wasn't one to begin with originally.

This same logic applies to catpeople, and when we consider catpeople, we're talking humanoids with cat ears and a tail because we aren't talking about the 1985 box office hit Cat People. This is fetish content. If you go incognito on google and take your laptop to the local coffee shop, you'll get the same results as Average Joe would if you google image search "human with cat ears and tail". It's not being fetishized, it already IS a fetish.

PostThis post was deleted by PKPenguin321 on Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:23 pm.
Reason: Inciting flamewar

PostThis post was deleted by PKPenguin321 on Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:24 pm.
Reason: Response to delete

PostThis post was deleted by PKPenguin321 on Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:24 pm.
Reason: Response to delete

PostThis post was deleted by PKPenguin321 on Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:25 pm.
Reason: Response to delete

PostThis post was deleted by PKPenguin321 on Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:25 pm.
Reason: Response to delete

PostThis post was deleted by PKPenguin321 on Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:25 pm.
Reason: Response to delete

PostThis post was deleted by PKPenguin321 on Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:25 pm.
Reason: Response to delete

User avatar
Karp
 
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:54 am
Byond Username: Ambassador Magikarp

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby Karp » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:38 pm #447188

I'll vote against catpeople if lizards get removed as well though

i'm being completely serious lizard players are all shit slurping morons who think they're better than furries

I don't know if anyone else would swing but i despise lizard players that much
Image
Image

User avatar
Karp
 
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:54 am
Byond Username: Ambassador Magikarp

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby Karp » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:41 pm #447190

CosmicScientist wrote:Jesus fecking christ. I hope in vain the poll is a landslide either way to make everyone shut up about it. This is supposed to be a community about a fun game. Unlocking the thread for anything but official posts was a mistake.


This community is full of the most deranged freakazoids

The only rational response you would ever get is to ignore the extended community if you get upset as it's not worth your own health or mental energy
Image
Image

User avatar
Qbmax32
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:05 am
Location: somewhere
Byond Username: Qbmax32
Github Username: qbmax32

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby Qbmax32 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:41 pm #447191

I wanna fuck a catgirl
my admin feedback thread


quotes
Spoiler:
Malkraz wrote:YES
DRINK THE PISS QB


angelstarri wrote:qbmax is a retard


imsxz wrote:mythic please stop you’ve hit rock bottom and you KEEP DIGGING


deedubya wrote:I'll defend to the death your right to scream "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" on a constant basis, but I'll also equally defend the right of people to call you a fuckin' pillock for doing it.

datorangebottle wrote:what, not having to act like customer service in a volunteer customer service position?

Here's a rebuttal: you're literally in a customer service slash celebrity position. Volunteer or not.

Malkraz wrote:can you stop posting this shit

Nalzul wrote:Fuck Blob (can you imagine how hot it would be to be gangbanged by a bunch of blobbernauts, the blob, and spores)

Wyzack wrote:qbmax your pathetic display of abhorrent burgercraft has brought shame onto the omnivores

Plapatin wrote:i AM the senate

BONERMASTER wrote:I am a big thinker, and it would only be logical if my character had a big head as well. And glasses. Because only people that think, wear glasses.

feem wrote:i tried to send canisters of urine to the station but ended up turning all oxygen into urine and breaking lavaland and also breathing

Anonmare wrote:Each post in this thread can't settle on what it wants to be, but yet, each one is more cursed than the last.

Beesting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.

Vile Beggar wrote:i don't like this thread

imsxz wrote:nervore

FantasticFwoosh wrote:I will whisper sweet nothings that will confuse and perhaps scare you a little, but enhance the experience no-less.

afelinidisfinetoo wrote:By the way, the person who posted that catgirl porn on the github page was me. If anyone wants my private stash just PM me

Nervere wrote:Anything for a femoid.....

Qbopper wrote:I'm a dumb poopy butthead

CitrusGender wrote:god i love it when people feed me my own fried legs

User avatar
Nilons
 
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:38 pm
Location: Canada
Byond Username: NIlons

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby Nilons » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:42 pm #447192

Qbmax32 wrote:I wanna fuck a catgirl

Based and redpilled
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes
Image
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEVd4c1SV2g
Image
Image

User avatar
Steelpoint
Github User
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:37 pm
Location: The Armoury
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby Steelpoint » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:43 pm #447193

People trying to make rational posts are drowned out by the shitposters.
Image

User avatar
Karp
 
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:54 am
Byond Username: Ambassador Magikarp

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby Karp » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:48 pm #447197

Steelpoint wrote:People trying to make rational posts are drowned out by the shitposters.


Nobody is going to learn from eachother, I get that you're trying to make some rational middleground point but the only people actively posting on the forums have already made their mind up and are dead set on it.

Look at the cat poll threads from each year, the same people saying the same things. Some people on each side leave, some new people join

It's a foolhardy effort to attempt to use logic and trying to be rational when half the posts in this thread by both parties are low effort trash

no point in making an effort for a dialogue when no one wants one
Image
Image

User avatar
Nilons
 
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:38 pm
Location: Canada
Byond Username: NIlons

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby Nilons » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:49 pm #447198

Karp wrote:
Steelpoint wrote:People trying to make rational posts are drowned out by the shitposters.


Nobody is going to learn from eachother, I get that you're trying to make some rational middleground point but the only people actively posting on the forums have already made their mind up and are dead set on it.

Look at the cat poll threads from each year, the same people saying the same things. Some people on each side leave, some new people join

It's a foolhardy effort to attempt to use logic and trying to be rational when half the posts in this thread by both parties are low effort trash

no point in making an effort for a dialogue when no one wants one

My stance has changed on catpeople several times. If you go into a dialogue determined that no one is going to listen you're just feeding drama for the sake of feeding drama. Yourself included.
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes
Image
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEVd4c1SV2g
Image
Image

User avatar
Gamarr
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:10 pm
Byond Username: Gamarr

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby Gamarr » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:55 pm #447201

iamgoofball wrote:I have my rights.

There is no such thing and the only rights you got is the ones they're allowing you to have, which is frankly too much. In effect the server is a ship, with a bunch of mechanics in the bowels of the ship all having a line to the captain, shouting like they got a union into his ear every so often and demanding the ship go a particular direction.
It's less about the cats and Powers That Be making decisions and making the server stick to it. This being jerked around constantly by the coderbase is bad for pretty much everything included. The polls don't matter and if they really do, they fucking shouldn't, because we've seen the result of humoring the stupidity does.
Last edited by Gamarr on Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Just L
 
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:54 am
Byond Username: Just L

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby Just L » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:00 pm #447203

Even if they don't get removed, I'll just go back to bullying them IC by playing security and arresting them for everything, or just shooting them with beanbag slugs non-stop. I haven't really seen a single player who constantly plays a catgirl that does anything fun with it, most of them just seem to be boring greytiders or unnoticeable until you fuck with them and they scream helpies.

PostThis post was deleted by PKPenguin321 on Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:28 pm.
Reason: Posting screencaps of deleted post... In the same thread as said post

User avatar
iamgoofball
Github User
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:50 pm
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby iamgoofball » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:05 pm #447206

Karp wrote:Why do you think filtering causes remain to win over and over again anyways? Most of the drama ends up being manufactured shit-stirring

even though post filtering even with the fixed filter it's still a 50/50 split :thinking:

PostThis post was deleted by PKPenguin321 on Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:28 pm.
Reason: Response to delete

User avatar
confused rock
 
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:18 am
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby confused rock » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:22 pm #447211

Karp wrote:I'll vote against catpeople if lizards get removed as well though

i'm being completely serious lizard players are all shit slurping morons who think they're better than furries

I don't know if anyone else would swing but i despise lizard players that much

I play is-a-lizard and have maintained that stance for like 2 years, I’ll swing.
I just dislike how most arguments are dismissed. Goof is goof so he can’t be allowed an opinion, one argument against cats is “fetish content” which means all anti cat arguments are that, and “fetish content” isn’t a real argument...
Then again, maybe I do this too, since I struggle to recall pro cat arguments besides “it’s just 3 pixels, give a real argument”. a lowpop dual esword is just a few pixels too. And the argument that Anti cat has no real argument, so I guess it works both ways. I personall think that the downsides of losing a small option aren’t as bad as those of forcing people to deal with others with that option. I loved the reserve shooter in tf2 and believed it was balanced, but I conceded that deaths to it felt annoying. In the end, thr RS being nerfed left me to try out the stock shotgun and more often use the flare gun and detonator, which still left me with unused options in the manmelter, gas passer, nerfed RS, and thermal thruster. I think that without catgirls there are plenty of races to choose from, like I had secondary weapons, and I could still use the nerfed RS if I HAD to, like cats could try to maybe get the vendor ears. On the other hand, I know how much people HATED fighting the RS. Keeping the RS in would only suck for them, while removing if left me to try new weapons and enjoy them, though I do miss the RS sometimes. Similarly, the ambassador revolver for spy wasn’t much better than stock, but some found if annoying to fight. Spy players wasted hundreds of hours practicing their shots. Afterthe ambassador was nerfed, spies found that the stock revolver was almost as powerful as the old ambassador, but less painful to learn to use, and that the letranger had its own benefits. I think that there are enough options that losing cats could benefit everyone, but keeping them keeps anger. ‘It’s just pixels’ works both ways after all.
Enjoy the copypasta
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Karp
 
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:54 am
Byond Username: Ambassador Magikarp

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby Karp » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:25 pm #447213

Nilons wrote:
Where is the proof that all of this drama is one sidedly manufactured by anti cat extremists. You don't actually dispute anything I said you just point out a shitpost in response to sawrge


iamgoofball wrote:even though post filtering even with the fixed filter it's still a 50/50 split :thinking:


Image

What do we get when we check those links?
Image
Image

User avatar
confused rock
 
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:18 am
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby confused rock » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:30 pm #447217

We get old results, including one that says removing cats from sybil is a bad idea, if they’re at all relevant, then the “keep cats on sybil” is relevant as well.
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Nilons
 
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:38 pm
Location: Canada
Byond Username: NIlons

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby Nilons » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:35 pm #447218

How does linking polls that show it's been a bone of contention for a long period of time prove that it was entirely manufactured by anti cat extremists or masterminded by the goof. If you're going to claim that people who want cat people in game have literally nothing to do with creating any of the drama and that the people against it are solely responsible for it I would expect you to prove it.
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes
Image
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEVd4c1SV2g
Image
Image

User avatar
Karp
 
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:54 am
Byond Username: Ambassador Magikarp

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby Karp » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:36 pm #447220

confused rock wrote:I just dislike how most arguments are dismissed. Goof is goof so he can’t be allowed an opinion

I wouldnt give a shit if this wasn't the 3rd attempt at a removal in 2 years with goof acting as if he's some heroic crusader here to protect the innocent sheeple players from degenerate sex pervert cultists

confused rock wrote:Then again, maybe I do this too, since I struggle to recall pro cat arguments besides “it’s just 3 pixels, give a real argument”.

I agree it's just pixels, i voted against cats in the first place due to them being lorebreaking. I talked to sawrge a few months ago about this as well and he said he wanted them removed but he hates the removal crowd by that much. Repeated removals and crusades against a popular feature is retarded.

also, if it's just pixels why would anyone care about keeping/removing something purely cosmetic that is just a few pixels? Are 2 years of constant bickering and yelling worth a few pixels? If this was the first time the argument may have worked against the remain crowd but the removal crowd has been far more obnoxious and whiny in trying to get their way


confused rock wrote:-snip-


Fair enough on wanting to encourage diversity and uniqueness in picking alien races but I feel like the entire desire to remove this is a farce and a sham and is just the desires of a few upset whiny children, I exaggerate against lizards and I haven't interacted with you but I don't think a removal would change anything short of appeasing said tyrants and upsetting a decent chunk of our playerbase over a few cosmetic pixels they believe encourages gross furry pedophilia or whatever insane buzzword of the day they use to attack cat ears

For a thought exercise; how would you feel like if WJ's fuckup with those pastebin logs were used as a casus belli to repeatedly spam lizard removal PRs for being nothing more than a sex pervert race full of people who only erp and say gross shit as seen in said leaky cloaca logs

That's what I feel like about cats at least, despite rarely interacting with them and not playing a cat.
Last edited by Karp on Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Image

User avatar
Bawhoppennn
Github User
 
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:42 pm
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby Bawhoppennn » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:40 pm #447221

Well, atleast drama situations like this is proves the free nature of our community. If there was never any drama, everyone would have to be in agreement on everything. Such a concept is not exactly very realistic on its own, and thus strongly implies that an authoritative class of those in control purged the elements which disagreed with them and their opinions. By the fact that those with views on extreme ends of both sides of the argument have a platform to voice their opinion, this is clearly proven not to be the case.

(This post is a joke.)
Image
<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen

DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

Image

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.

User avatar
Karp
 
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:54 am
Byond Username: Ambassador Magikarp

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby Karp » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:41 pm #447222

Nilons wrote:How does linking polls that show it's been a bone of contention for a long period of time prove that it was entirely manufactured by anti cat extremists or masterminded by the goof. If you're going to claim that people who want cat people in game have literally nothing to do with creating any of the drama and that the people against it are solely responsible for it I would expect you to prove it.


Do you want the drama threads, the PRs and old discussions about it, or would you like the unfiltered polls? Though I'm not sure if it's filtered in the first place though you'd have to ask ned

and just check out all of the obnoxious hippie retards who rarely play/never play lurking around the community more and more with every event relating to cat removals, A huge reason the polls started to shift towards remove pre filter was a result of being raided by hippie players who dont play

Though what exactly would you like, short of unironically wanting me to get logs of goofball paying people to stir drama or whatever insane nonsense that directly incriminates him the evidence lies in the last few years worth of discussions

The same few people have stirred the same retarded arguments about cats, argued that they're a furry fetishbait race, and then used the drama to justify their previous hatred of it
Image
Image

User avatar
Karp
 
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:54 am
Byond Username: Ambassador Magikarp

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby Karp » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:45 pm #447224

The drama this cycle is that they're a contentious issue despite the fact that the same small minority were the ones who raised this issue in the first place while also gathering a mob in the past and present from hippiestation and other related servers to brigade the poll

just remove lziman from the first poll and the faces arguing against cats zealously haven't changed
Image
Image

User avatar
Bawhoppennn
Github User
 
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:42 pm
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby Bawhoppennn » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:50 pm #447226

I really feel bad for good old oranges. No matter what they decide to do, a ton of people are going to be pissed now.
Image
<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen

DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

Image

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.

User avatar
confused rock
 
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:18 am
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby confused rock » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:52 pm #447227

I’m saying the “it’s just pixels” argument is absurd in a 32x32 game, and that either side can use it just as well, so why try it? I can’t name a specific cat player for anything. I can’t name particularly good experiences with them, but I do know bad ones. If “a few specific players” ruin catgirls, then only those players play catgirls.That statement is very vague so dismiss it if you want, but so is the “few specific players” argument, so dismiss that too. From a pure gameplay standpoint, cats are undoubtedly confusing to the ai dud to their speech and I hate the possibility of cat ears/tail being dismembered and making them still felinid but virtually indistinguishable from a human.
Also poor oranges yes he does what he does but always too slow for people’s liking
Edit: point of my earlier argument isn’t necessarily that diversity is good, it’s that cat players aren’t necessarily losing much, but if cats stay, there is no benefit to non cat players.
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
tinodrima7020
 
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:00 am
Byond Username: TinoDrima7020

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby tinodrima7020 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:18 pm #447232

Can anyone name something exclusive to cat people, and only them, that they do that ruins the round for someone. So far the only same shit-flinging arguments I've seen are fetish content and "only six pixels". Anything is fetishized and anything can be fetishized. The fact that you see a person who plays a cat person do something degenerate is exclusive to that player and not an entire species. Just think of what you could be doing instead of flinging shit over only "six pixels".
Edit: Anything a cat person does that creeps you out or whatever other triggers that arise from you can be done by any species.
Last edited by tinodrima7020 on Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
If you see this image please show Subject217 some love. He's in a dark place right now :(
Spoiler:
Fikou wrote:
The problem is that the autistic fucking admins on these SS13 servers, so drunk with power, so intoxicated on the scent of their sweaty ballsacks as they drown in 'decision making' and 'responsibility', things they've never had before, hand out permabans for next to nothing. Why not a 3 month ban? Why not a 6 month ban? No. A fucking perma ban. Nevermind that people change, nevermind that people have shitty days or good days, nevermind that FOREVER IS A FUCKING LONG TIME, no... Permabans. And then they expect you to appeal on the forums so they can have MORE POWER, MORE DECISION MAKING. "HOO HOO, LOOKIT ME MOMMY, I GET TO DECIDE THE FATE OF THIS MAN HOOOO HOOOOOO WOWEEE SO EXCITE, MY LITTLE WINKY WILLY IS GETTING CHUB-CHUB, MOMMY." And let's be fucking absolutely real here, the only reason admins want people to sign up for the fucking forums to fucking ban appeal is so they can sell the members e-mails to, like, Chinese realtors or some shit.

User avatar
Steelpoint
Github User
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:37 pm
Location: The Armoury
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby Steelpoint » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:20 pm #447234

I'll repost my argument on why I dislike Catpeople.

Catpeople are going to remain a point of contention for a very long time, if the prior years are any indication.

The only other feature I can recall that maintained a long heated debate over a long period of time was the movement speed changes, and those were slowly reverted (mostly by unintentional server changes I think) over the years.

---

Catpeople remain in the public mind because they are so utterly out of place next to every other non-human round start species we have.

In my opinion, any "acceptable" species falls into one of three categories...

1: A true historical handover that has been in the game for longer than most players (Lizardpeople).
2: They possess major mechanical disadvantages and/or social disadvantages over Humans (Plasmapeople, Flypeople).
3: A truly unique species that is sufficiently unique looking in comparison to a Human, and has never really been done before (Mothpeople).

In my opinion, Catpeople don't fit into any of the above. As I have stated, they are a boring, weird species that does not mesh well with the game. I oppose Catpeople for the same reason I'd oppose Dogpeople or akin, because they do not fit at all.
Image

User avatar
Nilons
 
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:38 pm
Location: Canada
Byond Username: NIlons

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby Nilons » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:23 pm #447235

Karp wrote:The drama this cycle is that they're a contentious issue despite the fact that the same small minority were the ones who raised this issue in the first place while also gathering a mob in the past and present from hippiestation and other related servers to brigade the poll

just remove lziman from the first poll and the faces arguing against cats zealously haven't changed

Yeah because they haven't been removed. There are loud cat players as well they just have less of a spotlight because they're currently getting their way. The people who you see as figureheads here aren't going to stop complaining or stirring it up because they haven't changed their minds. Something you've even said earlier you have no intention of trying to do because you've decided they won't change them. What you're calling engineered drama is the group that is not happy complaining instead of the group that is happy. If you want the drama cycle to stop without removing cat girls you're going to have to make an actual effort to change the people who want them removed's mindset. Something you will not be able to do without opening your mindset up to change in return. The reason you haven't had luck convincing people is because you go into the discussion with the attitude "I'm right let me tell you why you're wrong" on a subjective issue
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes
Image
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEVd4c1SV2g
Image
Image

User avatar
iamgoofball
Github User
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:50 pm
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby iamgoofball » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:50 pm #447239

tinodrima7020 wrote:Can anyone name something exclusive to cat people, and only them, that they do that ruins the round for someone. So far the only same shit-flinging arguments I've seen are fetish content and "only six pixels". Anything is fetishized and anything can be fetishized. The fact that you see a person who plays a cat person do something degenerate is exclusive to that player and not an entire species. Just think of what you could be doing instead of flinging shit over only "six pixels".
Edit: Anything a cat person does that creeps you out or whatever other triggers that arise from you can be done by any species.

It's not fetishized, it already IS a fetish.

iamgoofball wrote:
somerandomguy wrote:Let me put it this way: other things are fetishized outside of the game, and they aren't removed


okay so here is the flaw with this logic:

Outside the game, digitigrade legs/feet/whatever are pretty much only found on animals, therefore when applied in the context of a humanoid, is only for furries and fursona crap
therefore, it's not a mater of "it's fetishized outside the game", it IS a fetish. It's not being fetishized, that would imply it wasn't one to begin with originally.

This same logic applies to catpeople, and when we consider catpeople, we're talking humanoids with cat ears and a tail because we aren't talking about the 1985 box office hit Cat People. This is fetish content. If you go incognito on google and take your laptop to the local coffee shop, you'll get the same results as Average Joe would if you google image search "human with cat ears and tail". It's not being fetishized, it already IS a fetish.

Snuffleupagus
 

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby Snuffleupagus » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:04 pm #447244

iamgoofball wrote:
Gamarr wrote:Keep goof and oranges from touching the server in any meaningful way and you'll be better off for it.

Go fuck yourself once again.


Why because he's right? Oranges didn't directly do the PR but he knew what he was doing by instigating and fueling the bullshit that occurred with the PR. You helped the matter along by adding gasoline to it. This is a win/win for the coderbase period, and that's exactly the reason we're seeing minimal effort from yourself and Oranges in any exchanges.

The only cogent argument I've heard from the 'coder' side wanting the removal of catpeople is that its been done before. Once its pointed out that MSO did it to shift players to Bagil which was suffering from a lack of numbers IIRC at the time both servers were about dead even and the intention was to always have Bagil be a server FULL of people. Once that's essentially pointed you both fall back on Ad Hominem attacks on people who bring up further points to refute the fetishization of cat people (Which is literally done on Discord as a meme and has rarely been seen in game itself)

The reality is. You've fucked the admins on this. Specifically headmins. You and Oranges both know you have them backed up against the wall. It's a 4D chess move by coders. You cry for a vote that doesn't need to take place (Its been done a few times and the outcome has always been the same. Contentious, but a win for catpeople.) 100% this was malicious and I think intended by the coderbase. Oranges helped fuel the fire and stands back to watch it blow up in the faces of the admin team.

The reality is that no matter how the vote went. You were going to be able to point the finger back at the admins and how "Poorly." they "handled." something yet again. If the vote had been decisive instead of controversial for Cat People and no changes were made you would have picked up your torch and pitchfork and vehemently argued for all of the people who voted against keeping cat people and how EVIL the admins were for not making any changes and how it INSULTS those that don't like Cat People.

If the vote went the other way and was decisive for getting rid of cat people. You would stand back. (Which you both did) and watch as the Cat People were alienated and touted their own torches and pitchforks and ANGRILY shouted at the admins for the decision that they made.

There is no loss for yourself and Oranges. The fact remains you two were looking to stir up shit. You did and its sad that the REAL facts are getting glossed over. That this is done purely by a few in the coderbase for keks and amusement. It's really well played. It's also the perfect storm given how much you've hammered specific admin decisions over the past three to four weeks which helps once more to detract attention from the actual focal point of this whole fiasco.

You two drummed up drama both within the hierarchy of the server and the player base for literally no reason. Its a hitjob. Intentional or not. It was well played. I was around for most of the arguments leading up to the poll option. So I tend to believe it was extremely well orchestrated by Oranges.

Refute it. Shitpost it. Salt it. Just my take on things.

Snuffleupagus
 

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby Snuffleupagus » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:06 pm #447246

iamgoofball wrote:It's not fetishized, it already IS a fetish.


Rule 34 applies to pretty much anything on the internet. Within 72 hours of Bowsette being made public there was porn of her depicted all over /tg/ and various other places. This point is invalid. If you actually PLAYED the game you'd realize no one who plays a cat person in game actually fetishizes cat people.

User avatar
confused rock
 
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:18 am
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby confused rock » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:06 pm #447248

How can ostrava or nanotrasen be so correct
Tino, the six pixels maymay shouldn’t even be fucking mentioned at this poin. Both sides can use it, and it’s still worthless.
Guess I might as well argue on ferish content now, god help me
Anything can be fetishised, yes, but some things are better suited to it than others. If someone added a dildo, just because a cucumber works doesn’t matter. A cucumber has other uses. I struggle to think of any way to immerse yourself as a catgirl except as a skirt wearing creep who says meow in japanese. You can kill someone with a gun, but you can with a chair too, so why not regulate chairs? Chairs have other uses. We know what guns were made for. We know what catgirls are based off. Dismiss this if you have no better ideas, but if catgirls are not “fetish content” what are they?
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
tinodrima7020
 
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:00 am
Byond Username: TinoDrima7020

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby tinodrima7020 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:14 pm #447249

confused rock wrote:How can ostrava or nanotrasen be so correct
Tino, the six pixels maymay shouldn’t even be fucking mentioned at this poin. Both sides can use it, and it’s still worthless.
Guess I might as well argue on ferish content now, god help me
Anything can be fetishised, yes, but some things are better suited to it than others. If someone added a dildo, just because a cucumber works doesn’t matter. A cucumber has other uses. I struggle to think of any way to immerse yourself as a catgirl except as a skirt wearing creep who says meow in japanese. You can kill someone with a gun, but you can with a chair too, so why not regulate chairs? Chairs have other uses. We know what guns were made for. We know what catgirls are based off. Dismiss this if you have no better ideas, but if catgirls are not “fetish content” what are they?

I mean if you wanna argue about cats being based off a fetish. Let's talk about moth people that were literally inspired by a doujin. The fact is you people are trying to remove something because it's a lazy race and no not everyone plays as a UGUU UWUU UWAA WEABOO~ neet. Some players just genuinely like the tails and ears. Whoa surprise. Opinions. People want a way to add flavor to their character, no matter how insignificant.
Image
If you see this image please show Subject217 some love. He's in a dark place right now :(
Spoiler:
Fikou wrote:
The problem is that the autistic fucking admins on these SS13 servers, so drunk with power, so intoxicated on the scent of their sweaty ballsacks as they drown in 'decision making' and 'responsibility', things they've never had before, hand out permabans for next to nothing. Why not a 3 month ban? Why not a 6 month ban? No. A fucking perma ban. Nevermind that people change, nevermind that people have shitty days or good days, nevermind that FOREVER IS A FUCKING LONG TIME, no... Permabans. And then they expect you to appeal on the forums so they can have MORE POWER, MORE DECISION MAKING. "HOO HOO, LOOKIT ME MOMMY, I GET TO DECIDE THE FATE OF THIS MAN HOOOO HOOOOOO WOWEEE SO EXCITE, MY LITTLE WINKY WILLY IS GETTING CHUB-CHUB, MOMMY." And let's be fucking absolutely real here, the only reason admins want people to sign up for the fucking forums to fucking ban appeal is so they can sell the members e-mails to, like, Chinese realtors or some shit.

User avatar
confused rock
 
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:18 am
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby confused rock » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:19 pm #447250

Please explain one situation where cat ears and tails lead to ar pee byond that, then. maybe the assistant just likes having a laser gun in his backpack. Unless he’s using it as a cautery, giving a laser gun to every assistant who asks doesn’t seem to have much benefit.
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
tinodrima7020
 
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:00 am
Byond Username: TinoDrima7020

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby tinodrima7020 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:22 pm #447251

confused rock wrote:Please explain one situation where cat ears and tails lead to ar pee byond that, then. maybe the assistant just likes having a laser gun in his backpack. Unless he’s using it as a cautery, giving a laser gun to every assistant who asks doesn’t seem to have much benefit.

I never said anything about RP. I was merely speaking on the aesthetic. If you wanna talk about RP then tackle the playerbase issue and how 60%~ of players treat /tg/ as an RDM/TDM server where there are no need for words. Only balids.
Image
If you see this image please show Subject217 some love. He's in a dark place right now :(
Spoiler:
Fikou wrote:
The problem is that the autistic fucking admins on these SS13 servers, so drunk with power, so intoxicated on the scent of their sweaty ballsacks as they drown in 'decision making' and 'responsibility', things they've never had before, hand out permabans for next to nothing. Why not a 3 month ban? Why not a 6 month ban? No. A fucking perma ban. Nevermind that people change, nevermind that people have shitty days or good days, nevermind that FOREVER IS A FUCKING LONG TIME, no... Permabans. And then they expect you to appeal on the forums so they can have MORE POWER, MORE DECISION MAKING. "HOO HOO, LOOKIT ME MOMMY, I GET TO DECIDE THE FATE OF THIS MAN HOOOO HOOOOOO WOWEEE SO EXCITE, MY LITTLE WINKY WILLY IS GETTING CHUB-CHUB, MOMMY." And let's be fucking absolutely real here, the only reason admins want people to sign up for the fucking forums to fucking ban appeal is so they can sell the members e-mails to, like, Chinese realtors or some shit.

PreviousNext

Return to Town Hall

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users