Fascist Work Station 13 (event discussion)

Users can post replies, but only game admins, mods, and forum admins may post topics. Mainly for questions and official discussions
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Fascist Work Station 13 (event discussion)

Post by QuartzCrystal » #60523

So if anyone saw, I've really dug the ideas that have come out of the thread in general that imagines a 1000 person station. This will never happen, however I would love to administrate a round where from the outset the roleplaying environment is basically a fascist work station operated by the dictatorial heads of staff and brutally maintained by the security team.

I would like this thread to serve as a means for people to share ideas, as well as voice whether they would like to play a round like this. If interest is great then we'll schedule a time and do it on Sybil, if it's low we'll do it on Badger...if everyone hates the idea then that's fine too.

Anyways, off the bat, the cap on security officers would be lifted and they would be essentially allowed to force people to work. Assistants would be arrested and forced at the HoP desk to take up a job and anyone seen breaking the law would be punished harshly (think Judge Dredd). The intent would be to have the crew be scared and afraid to break the law, as they don't want to be imprisoned (where they'll probably be implanted with a tracking implant and beaten) or worse, killed for being particularly shitty.

I do have some ideas:
- should drugs be made illegal (ambrosia, chems, etc)?
- should this be done during an extended round or with traitors (any other round type would take away from the event I think)?
- if it's extended, should I give people antagonist objectives as the round goes on to keep things interesting, or do we want to see this evolve without tampering?
- is there anything that can be given to security to make them a bit more intimidating?
- what role should the captain/heads of staff have more specifically? is the Research Director more on side with the captain and security or more on side with their employees? (for example)
- should all food be removed from the station, thus forcing everyone to get their food from botany/the chef making corpses into food?

Hopefully there's some interest in this, I would like to construct almost a mini-canon for this so that way we go into the round all on the same page about the backstory, meta, etc.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Re: Fascist Work Station 13 (event discussion)

Post by Ikarrus » #60527

Shitcurity Station 13
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #60528

Have you ever watched Star Trek Deep Space Nine? If not there are a few episodes that deal with a "alternative reality" where the station is run by a hostile alliance that treats the crew as slave labour, the security force freely executes and torturers the slaves at will and whatnot.

Its an interesting event idea, but it would need work and admins to run it.
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #60533

Yeah I mostly just want to hash out ideas for it.

Like, what role would the AI play? Should there even be an AI?
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #60540

There would need to be a reason for every department to be doing a job or function, preferable a repetitive function that requires manual input but with no end goal.

The Heads of Staff would be given a half-hour quota of items that need to be prepared for transport to High Command (Central Command), after each cycle the quota would be increased or decreased by the admins as needed, meaning higher production quotes for the departments.

The Heads of Staff would need their departments to be focusing wholly on their task of producing these goods. Security would be needed to ensure the workers are doing their job, and using lethal force to keep their cooperation.

The crew however would be discontent, but they need weapons, a base and organisation to overthrow the command staff and revolt against High Command. Security's job is to keep the workers too busy to revolt, the crew need to find a way to get some of their own to work on revolting.

If the crew are able to overthrow the Heads of Staff they would send a Extermination Response Team to the station to kill the crew, if the crew can survive this then they "win".
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #60554

I like this. Heads of departments could determine when smoke breaks can be taken. Every once and a while the crew would get a notification from CentCom that they are to report to the bar for mandatory recreational social time where they all are given one glass vodka and security beats anyone who acts suspiciously.
MedicInDisquise

Post by MedicInDisquise » #60580

Only as long as somewhere along the line the crew is given objectives to break out of gulag station 13.

Speaking of Gulag, we should have it there.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #60581

This is gonna be fun to play as lizard, because everyone will be racist.
Making it a challenge. Do it.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Vigilare

Post by Vigilare » #60600

QuartzCrystal wrote:if it's low we'll do it on Badger
do it on badger too please
or at least go on badger and make an announcement 'we're gonna do a fascist work station 13 event come over'
- should drugs be made illegal (ambrosia, chems, etc)?
yes
any non-medbay staff with any sort of pill or patch can be assumed to be carrying poison (it's obviously mislabelled) and executed treated as such
- should this be done during an extended round or with traitors (any other round type would take away from the event I think)?
- if it's extended, should I give people antagonist objectives as the round goes on to keep things interesting, or do we want to see this evolve without tampering?
extended with custom objectives like 'escape' would be cool; maybe everyone gets 'escape alive and not in custody'... but sec has to handcuff everyone on the shuttle (and they get like all the handcuffs ever)
- is there anything that can be given to security to make them a bit more intimidating?
noslips, telescopic shields, eguns, mechs, pulse rifles, C20r's, LMGs
- what role should the captain/heads of staff have more specifically? is the Research Director more on side with the captain and security or more on side with their employees? (for example)
up to the player playing the head in question
you could do a hardline CE who's all 'go within twenty metres of the PA shutters and I'm throwing you into the sing', or a rebellious CMO who supplies assistant-resistance with sleeptoxin syringe guns
- should all food be removed from the station, thus forcing everyone to get their food from botany/the chef making corpses into food?
yes
also two cloners because people will die a lot

also

constant code red in effect
standing next to sec/command/anyone is punishable by immediate tase-stripsearch for acting suspicious
even mention illegal tech in RnD and people get shot by firing squad

secret hideout entrances in maint/space/z-level shenanigans (ladders hidden behind walls in maint pls), takes you to le super sekret assistant-resistance hideouts with not-quite-syndie tech in them
Image Image Image
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #60618

Make it extended, give objectives to people interacting well with the dynamic to give them more freedom. Alternatively, do things like giving the Heads objectives to gain personal power, and departmental members objectives like loyalty to their head. Maybe add a bunch of random survivor-types.

Literal assistant slave labor.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

Snakebutt

Post by Snakebutt » #60741

Remove clowns for being too fun in the round. Mimes are open application, they are the silent gestapo of the station, dragging random people into maint to never be seen again. Whether they get spaced, borged, or eaten, who knows. They answer only to Centcom, they might well even drag off the captain if that's their orders.

Assistant Underground: One assistant at roundstart is given a beacon, when dropped, it turns the attached wall into an entrance to the GreyTide party HQ, on a separate Zlevel(in practical terms, hiddendoor covering a ladder. Sec going full doom pushing every wall is to be discouraged for meta, unless they actually see someone poof in that vicinity). It starts off pretty bare bones, but as more people are recruited to the resistance, they can bring supplies with them to better equip it, and therefor their comrades in the glorious People's Revolution.

Remove every last vending machine from the station. Excluding the sec, med, engineering and mining ones. No smoking, no candy bars, you will eat when told, you will enjoy yourself when told, or the nice mimes will take you away.

AI is still asimov, but law zeroed to not interfere with security.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #60782

This kinda sounds like the "Jail Break" games that used to happen on CS. Could be fun, but everyone needs to have their roles clearly defined and that being asshole security is kinda part of the roleplay and that rebellion is fine as long as they can pull it off (I.e. must be prepared to pay with their life if they fail)
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #60784

You mean "Captain Adolf Hitler is on deck" rounds?

Eitherway, drugs should be legal and mass produced to keep them in an artificial state of happiness.
Like Soma in the Brave New World book.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #60803

All intercomms on to a secure channel all the time. Pick wisely where you speak dissent.

All capital punishment except in extreme cases is handled by gulag life sentences. Special lawset Secborgs ensure docility of convicts (1. All non-Security humans aboard the penal colony must mine 2. All those who refuse to mine must be motivated, violently or otherwise, until they will mine 3. You must not injure a human to a point where they may no longer mine)

Hide some interesting stuff deep in the penal side of the asteroid that would allow prisoners to destroy/subvert their robot overseers if used properly
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
deathhoof

Post by deathhoof » #60919

Clearly you were not in the event round where lorenzo was instructed to be the worst captain they can be. Long story short, only people with loyalty implants survived.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #61003

"YOU WILL WORK OR YOU WILL DIE."

I should play more so I don't miss this when/if it happens.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Scones

Post by Scones » #61015

deathhoof wrote:Clearly you were not in the event round where lorenzo was instructed to be the worst captain they can be. Long story short, only people with loyalty implants survived.
I was there - Got harmbatoned by a borg on the arrivals shuttle. Admins got involved and it was a shitty situation that was poorly planned/executed

This is organized and pre-planned and thus different
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #61279

I'm going to hash out a general rule set that I'll then spam in OOC chat in Sybil and Basil for a while before I schedule this event on Sybil. Keep those ideas coming, I'm considering everything everyone is saying about everything and anything.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #61322

One part that might help and would be amusing is put a blockade next to the Security checkpoint at Arrivals, so that all latecomers can have a taste of the level of shitcurity this would require right at the start.

ANd also Papers Please references.

EDIT: Assuming we're using Box... I think Box still has the security checkpoint at arrivals.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Cipher3 » #61325

Restrict movement/comms in some way or another, attempt to control the flow of information and resources by Security. The oppression should be palpable.
Spoiler:

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

Aurx
Byond Username: Aurx

Post by Aurx » #61340

Cipher3 wrote:Restrict movement/comms in some way or another, attempt to control the flow of information and resources by Security. The oppression should be palpable.
Only AI/sec/head headsets can hear common, hallway doors require bridge/sec access to open?
Head admin, /vg/station
Game admin, /tg/station
POMF FOR HEADMIN
Scones

Post by Scones » #61354

Have one or two Security staff monitoring Telecomms at all times
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #61363

Lets try not repeat the mistakes of last time. Make it clear to sec that they can't just go full murder bone for no reason. Id the crew/a department goes into full rebellion, sure, put the boot in hard, but sec just murderig everyone in sight is pretty awful.
For that matter, executions should be avoided where possible, in favour of forced labour on the gulag.

Start the round as extended, let the crew get into the groove of things for a bit. A little later, you can give some crewmembers objectives along the line of
'you're fed up with serving your facist overlords, they must be overthrown"
"organise your fellow crewmembers into a secret resistance"
Then maybe you could periodicly give them specific new objectives to give them som direction.

Sumoning all the crew to watch public beatings/20 lashes etc wold be good. Sec punishes anyone not at the event, but also gives resistance members a period where the station is mostly empty, for them to risk going around doing their resistance things.

Some sort of Tyrant-ish, corporate custom lawset would be good for the silicons. Not something where they just obey the heads/sec, but where they just generally (and often forcefully) promote productivity amongst the crew.

You'd definitely need some thing at the arrivals checkpoint to force all new arrivals through, to make it clear to them(as well as some ooc message probably) what's going on.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Cipher3 » #61794

The AI could be a beautiful thing in such a scenario, a true shadow across the landscape, Big Brother is Watching all you little cogs whispering and passing notes as you get tugged along on your leashes.
Spoiler:

Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Zellion
Byond Username: Zellion

Post by Zellion » #61810

Non security crewmembers have orange shoes only.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #61821

Cipher3 wrote:The AI could be a beautiful thing in such a scenario, a true shadow across the landscape, Big Brother is Watching all you little cogs whispering and passing notes as you get tugged along on your leashes.
Shit son, why do we not have a big brother thing for the AI and/or the display screens? (unless we already do and I'm a dong)

capi duffman
Byond Username: Capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #61896

Some ideas for the plan.
The objectives for main factions could be:
-Heads: Ensure unfair goals by any means necessary- The point is for this goal to be impossible to get without being a bastard. Unless the crew is absolutely excellent at their job, the RD is expected to, for example, provide unwilling human subjects, so xenobiology, or genetics, get their target goal in time.
-Crew: Overthrow the evil heads-Rev style, but this shouldn't be on at the beginning. This would require admin interaction, essentially harnessing the hatred of the crew and giving the most vocal revhead status, so they actually WANT to kick the condom's face in.
-Traitors: We could have a couple, their targets should be the standard, but things should be more challenging, that with sec being allowed to shoot you dead if you were to piss off their bosses.

About the main players/factions:
-AI: Tyrant set, or a variant. The AI is as evil as the rest of the heads, and while it should have some rule about obeying NT and the heads, everyone else who piss off the silicons is fair game.
-Medbay: butcher shop. Every serving of meds should come with drugs, cloning is the answer, not cryo, the CMO is a sadistic fuck, and his underlings, not better. Their task could go around the lines to develop some terrible virus, or chemical.
-Service: cooking is about soylent green, the bodies will provide all that is necessary, botanics will ensure medbay and the bar have enough space drug for everyone, and that is a whole lot. Providing with lethal toxins for security/medbay could go as well.
-Science: Evil plans, massive bombs, tons of slimes, if things end up with half of the chapel blown up in a testing, that went along the lines of what was expected.
-Engineering: Nasty working conditions, some risky project, like adding more singularities.
-Security: the fist of the heads, more crew than usual, and while they shouldn't have free rein to shoot to kill, their restraint should be almost zero, with greytiders being shot on sight.
-Cargo/mining: those who commited a crime, after getting cloned, should end up in here, working in subhuman conditions, if possible with a reasonable ammount of deaths per minute (maybe with an autocloner, to further emphasise their suffering and miserable existance) They should have the biggest goal target, and the harshest of the crew supervising their work.
-Assistants: Slave force, they should be treated as such by everyone who has any other role. Their anger should start the rev.

All crew should have the right for a number of clonings to compensate the lethality. But no murderboner, please, no one likes a round that ends with everyone killing everyone FNR.
In the end I'm thinking of paranoia in space, maybe with the AI behaving full friend computer style.
Aurx
Byond Username: Aurx

Post by Aurx » #61986

lumipharon wrote:
Cipher3 wrote:The AI could be a beautiful thing in such a scenario, a true shadow across the landscape, Big Brother is Watching all you little cogs whispering and passing notes as you get tugged along on your leashes.
Shit son, why do we not have a big brother thing for the AI and/or the display screens? (unless we already do and I'm a dong)
We do, it's the Friend Computer option for the status screens.
Unless it got removed on some vague claim of copyright.
Head admin, /vg/station
Game admin, /tg/station
POMF FOR HEADMIN
Scones

Post by Scones » #62009

Not gonna lie, I would prefer a total lack of silicons
They make for interesting RP sometimes but I think in this case it would be best for a soley human conflict

If there HAVE to be silicons, a lone AI with a big-brother lawset would be pretty cool. Cyborgs, not so much, seeing as they would be the instant end to any revolution that didn't have flashes on-hand. It would necessitate making Robotics part of your little uprising, and I like the idea that it would moreso be a ragtag band with a handful of contacts in each department who finally come together to catalyze the grand revolution.

Quartz, do you have an appx. timeframe for this? I gathered a lot of interest about it on Badger but people kept asking WHEN it will happen.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Cipher3 » #62089

Cecily makes a good point. Either no borgs or just no silicons altogether.
Spoiler:

Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Zellion
Byond Username: Zellion

Post by Zellion » #62101

1. Workers cannot be harmed to the point they cannot work.

2. Workers must work.

3.The captain is the highest authority.

y/n? No borgs would be cool but it makes sense that they would install some way to keep watch over things.
capi duffman
Byond Username: Capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #62117

Violaceus wrote:
Zellion wrote:1. Workers cannot be harmed to the point they cannot work.

2. Workers must work.

3.The captain is the highest authority.

y/n? No borgs would be cool but it makes sense that they would install some way to keep watch over things.
Law 3 is useless, as it is statement without directive
How about "Be loyal to Nanotrasen above everything"?
It's more vague, but less easy to turn around and subvert.
420goslingboy69
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Usednapkin

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #62950

inb4 janitor saves the station
i play :):):):):)autumn sinnow
this man's:):):):):) army
DESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERD:):):):):)ESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROY:):):):):)ERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDEST:):):):):)ROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDES:):):):):)TROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYER
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #63177

put AI on modified tyrant lawset???
Fatal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: FatalX1

Post by Fatal » #63223

Would be a good idea to force those who disobey to be turned into service and mining cyborgs, with some forced servitude lawset, if you aren't going to be a good worker as a human / lizard, you should be outright forced into it

Quite like the idea of seeing the army of service cyborgs running around the station feeding people
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #75999

Hey folks, I'm going to host this event sometime in the near future. I'll make a separate post (possibly have it made into an announcement) outlining all the rules, etc. I've taken suggestions from you guys as well.
ThatSlyFox
Byond Username: ThatSlyFox

Post by ThatSlyFox » #76002

deathhoof wrote:Clearly you were not in the event round where lorenzo was instructed to be the worst captain they can be. Long story short, only people with loyalty implants survived.
The issue comes when people act like bitches and don't stand up for themselves. The heads were literally killing people in the halls fnr and as a head rev who had to ask people to join me no one did.

Back to the point, if it is a traitor round that this happens in then they should aim to gain followers to overthrow the heads and security. Food should be given for hard work. No AI allowed (AIs ruin shit like this all the time).

RP is involved in this therefore doing this on sybil is out of the question.
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #76438

QuartzCrystal wrote:Hey folks, I'm going to host this event sometime in the near future. I'll make a separate post (possibly have it made into an announcement) outlining all the rules, etc. I've taken suggestions from you guys as well.
This pleases me.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #76444

This may become a fine day for the glorious Cargonian master race.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #76581

If you have silicons, gotta write the laws/tell them OOC wise to essentially be fucking dumb as bricks/focused blindly on their tasks.

IE: janitor borg just cleans shit, crew could be murdering the shit out of each other, and the janitorborg is just following them cleaning up the blood/cleaning the faces of the dead.
Secborgs (if any, probably better to not have them) just arrest anyone set to arrest, and dump in the brig, ignoring everything else.

And seriously, tell the heads of staff and security (repeatedly if need be) that they're there to keep the station under control and operating productively/towards their goals, not just BRIG AND MURDER EVERYONE (until the crew goes into full blown revolt).

Brig cells should be rarely used, if ever. The gulag is far more productive then time wasted in the brig.
Also creates hilarious opportunities for gulag uprisings.
Last edited by lumipharon on Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #76606

lumipharon wrote:The gulag is far more productive then time wasted in the gulag.
I could not agree more.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #76959

I may remove the gulag shuttle, as the station IS the gulag.

I'm still on the fence about silicons. The two options are we either do not have any, or they get a custom law set that I would put in at the beginning of the round. I'm leaning more towards no silicons.

I've also decided that a few things will be variable. Namely, how the seemingly inevitable uprising will happen. I may make people traitors as time goes on, or see how things play out and then make someone a rev-head.

I want to stress that the crew will be constantly reminded that THEY ARE SCARED FOR THEIR LIVES. To counter how lame it could potentially be to be killed by sec I think I will require the HoP to relocate to the security checkpoint (I'll throw in some walls to make it so you have to pass by it) and I will respawn people in after they die after a bit. This way being executed by security wont mean your game is over and deadchat will basically just be a lobby for people to come up with new characters in. All new arrivals will be assistants and they will be assigned a job by the HoP upon arrival. This will hopefully add to the atmosphere of the station being a literal fascist work station, though I will also heavily remind the security team consistently that this doesn't mean they can just kill people for shits and giggles, there needs to be a solid IC reason.

The hierarchy of the station will also be CentCom>captain>HoS/HoP>warden>security team (including detective)>other heads of staff>rest of the crew. This means that a RD could very well end up being executed on the spot if they are not ensuring their department is being productive.

I'm also going to turn off random events, as I don't want anything unexpected totally hijacking the round. Though let's all be honest, I think we all know this is probably going to end in an extreme purge by a deathsquad while security tries to flee on the shuttle.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #76965

Im in favor of a custom lawset that's specifically "DO THE JOB INTENDED BY YOUR MODULE AND ONLY THAT JOB" or whatever it was that Lumi is suggesting.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #76967

My reasoning for no silicons as it makes things simpler which I think is good. I don't believe an event has been facilitated by admins before that is quite like this and if it works out with no silicons, doing it again with them could help make things fresh and new. I rather start off kinda bare bones for this initial run of the idea and then add things later if people like playing the basic concept.

Speaking of admins, any admins who are willing to administrate this with me: You guys are awesome.
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #77177

How will you prevent cyborg construction?

Personally I'm in favor of an AI, just for that big-brother-is-watching vibe.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Cipher3 » #78923

Maintenance black market should exist. Have Security be unwilling to go in there but freely ambush anyone trying to sneak around to it.
Spoiler:

Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #78933

Run, of course, by GLORIOUS CARGONIA.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Jalleo
Byond Username: Jalleo

Post by Jalleo » #79128

Idea

If there is enough people in a department and they have the material they could try a uprisimg to become the new heads of staff and sec. If this works they just take over those places if not you got a new opening for a loyal underling who gave away the plan.

Having this in unison of normal workers trying a revolution could be interesting.
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #79335

Security should get special equipment. The new Cybernetic Implants, maybe?
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #79469

How about Bay's Schutzcurity uniforms just for that event?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler: