Trialmin Review: Dusty_Exaliber

Users can post replies, but only game admins, mods, and forum admins may post topics. Mainly for questions and official discussions
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Trialmin Review: Dusty_Exaliber

Post by Cheshify » #712703

Dusty_Exaliber has now been a Trial Admin for roughly two months.

Please use this thread as public review; it's encouraged for players to comment on how well/badly the trial admin has done and whether or not they think the trial admin should be made a full admin, if they should be removed from the admin team, if we should spin them around really quickly then throw them into a big bomb, or if their promotion should be delayed.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Re: Trialmin Review: DustyExalibur

Post by conrad » #712714

I was gonna score them as a who/10 'cos I didn't see them that often but then I remembered a clown spawner event they did and it was fucking amazing so I have to say promote.

Oh yeah, ticket conduct is nice too. They got some hairy tickets and I think they held up good.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here. :hug::beer: 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝒷𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓁. :faggot::heart:
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
Chocodemon
Byond Username: Chocodemon

Re: Trialmin Review: Dusty_Exaliber

Post by Chocodemon » #712861

Very friendly and chill. Good taste in music too! I am not sure which events they've done outside of the wizard station one (which may have had multiple admins) but I liked how they conducted that event and even made mini-side rewards for the wizards in the form of extra spellbooks in the SM chamber.
Justice12354
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Justice12354

Post by Justice12354 » #712887

Looking at your scrubby, my mouth is wide open, because I don't remember seeing your Discord profile ever in my life.

A good trait in an admin is being able to know when to ask for help and stay in touch with the Admin Team in order to lead to fair, consistent rulings (le hiveminddd). I rarely (never) see you in bus (or even chatter) and, while that's not inherently a negative aspect, that's something you could probably improve on, given that being able to voice your opinions, as well as receive opinions from others, would lead to better teamwork and possibly even improve your own rulings. Receiving feedback on rulings from other Admins may also give you the ability to filter what's truly important and what's not since, given we're humans, not everything we say is exactly useful, or even correct in some cases.

It also kind of goes the other way around since, by asking for opinions or giving your opinion on someone else's ruling, you might get some stuff corrected or even change another Admin's opinion for the better. With that said, you're more than welcome (and encouraged) to talk in bus and give your 2 cents, which is something I'd like you to take from this feedback :)

As I said before, I don't really remember you since you're not very active in the channels and I'm not a Sybilmin, so I cannot give a lot of personal feedback, but I always frown a bit when I see a name I've never seen in my life randomly getting promoted to Game Admin.

(Also, we don't start tickets with "Hey. Do you got a minute?", that's pointless and bad practice; you go straight to the point, for example: "Hey. What happened between you and John Terry?" or "Hey. Why did you suicide into the Supermatter before it was set up?"... Where's your Trainer?)
Spoiler:
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
Dusty Exaliber
Byond Username: Dusty_Exaliber

Post by Dusty Exaliber » #712916

Chocodemon wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:14 pm Very friendly and chill. Good taste in music too! I am not sure which events they've done outside of the wizard station one (which may have had multiple admins) but I liked how they conducted that event and even made mini-side rewards for the wizards in the form of extra spellbooks in the SM chamber.
All i did was play electro swing to that one if it's the one i am thinking about
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #713365

Justice12354 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:00 pm (Also, we don't start tickets with "Hey. Do you got a minute?", that's pointless and bad practice; you go straight to the point, for example: "Hey. What happened between you and John Terry?" or "Hey. Why did you suicide into the Supermatter before it was set up?"... Where's your Trainer?)
off topic from the feedback but when did this change? was taught to do this to allow players to take a sec to wrap up what they're doing ingame before responding.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #713375

BeeSting12 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:25 pm
Justice12354 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:00 pm (Also, we don't start tickets with "Hey. Do you got a minute?", that's pointless and bad practice; you go straight to the point, for example: "Hey. What happened between you and John Terry?" or "Hey. Why did you suicide into the Supermatter before it was set up?"... Where's your Trainer?)
off topic from the feedback but when did this change? was taught to do this to allow players to take a sec to wrap up what they're doing ingame before responding.
A few years now. I was trained not to do it when I was onboarded.

Admins are instead trained to just ask what they want to ask from the outset, and be patient when players are clearly busy IC. The player will have a good idea of if they need to completely break out of the shift to please the admin or if they're likely to be able to answer while playing based off the opening question.

Players also became defensive when they didn't know why the admin wanted to talk to them and it resulted in generally worse outcomes from tickets.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Xkallubar
Byond Username: CrazyPro

Post by Xkallubar » #714499

Never seen em, but +1 for being a fellow Excalibur username enjoyer.
wabash
Byond Username: Wabash

Post by wabash » #715086

Absolutely +1
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #715710

Promoted!
Shout out to Riggle