Policy Change: Escalation

Users can post replies, but only game admins, mods, and forum admins may post topics. Mainly for questions and official discussions
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Policy Change: Escalation

Post by Stickymayhem » #96344

You may now attempt to permanently remove someone from the round (hiding their body, spacing them, cremating or gibbing them) in cases of reasonable escalation where the situation has escalated to someone's death and they come back for more.

i.e. Shitter breaks into your department. You toss them out. You bash them in the head with a toolbox and toss them out again, they start fighting you, you beat them to death and bring them to medbay/call someone to pick the body up. If they come back again you can permanently remove them from the round.

or some dude takes your gloves, you attack him, he attacks you back, you die, he takes you to medbay. You go after him, he dies, you medbay him, he comes back after you, you are now able to kill each other and do whatever freely

Note: Shitters will still get banned if they abuse this system just like before. Generally the instigator in these cases will be the first person to use lethal force (though disarming someone twenty times or fucking with people excessively also counts). The instigator will more likely get bwoinked if they end up spacing the guy but if it's reasonable and warranted it'll be fine as usual.

Basically: Don't be a cunt but feel free to space cunts if they won't fucking stop.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Re: Policy Change: Escalation

Post by Ikarrus » #96351

So basically what we already (should) have had for a while now, but spelled out and clarified for everyone to see.

Okay.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #96354

Ikarrus wrote:So basically what we already (should) have had for a while now, but spelled out and clarified for everyone to see.

Okay.
Pretty much.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #96360

My oldfag agenda is unstoppable
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #96373

It's not like we don't have enough admins now to administrate this properly.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
mosquitoman
Byond Username: MosquitoMan

Post by mosquitoman » #96610

what's the policy on nonlethal, temporary removal? as in stuffing full of morphine or putting in a straitjacket and cuffing to a bed?
Donk Honk
Byond Username: LindsaysAwhore

Post by Donk Honk » #97429

Ikarrus wrote:So basically what we already (should) have had for a while now, but spelled out and clarified for everyone to see.

Okay.
It has to be that way it seems. Nothing can be unspoken or assumed we would all be mature. Says quite a bit about our server community when we have to spoon feed the rules this way don't it?
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #97434

Yeah, I don't mean any snark when I said that. It's good to make announcements like this to raise awareness when it starts to become a problem.

This totally isn't new policy by sticky, though.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #97449

Stickymayhem wrote:or some dude takes your gloves, you attack him, he attacks you back, you die, he takes you to medbay. You go after him, he dies, you medbay him, he comes back after you, you are now able to kill each other and do whatever freely
This never goddamn happens. If it comes to death, somebody is going to just immediately try to kill and hide someone if they've already been killed.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #99054

What if I killed a shitler that breaks into my department, they get cloned, come back and kill me.

Whats my protection from this?

(As opposed to the actual old policy "if it comes to death, space them always, because they'll just come back and kill you")
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #99247

Malkevin wrote:What if I killed a shitler that breaks into my department, they get cloned, come back and kill me.

(As opposed to the actual old policy "if it comes to death, space them always, because they'll just come back and kill you")
You have no protection. You can run, call for help or space them.

OOC rules are not a substitute for being good at the game. Just kill that nerd.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #99253

I think/hope that the obvious caveat here is that if you're constantly breaking into departments and being shitty enough to get killed so you can kill someone back, admins will still fuck you up.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #99267

Stickymayhem wrote:
Malkevin wrote:What if I killed a shitler that breaks into my department, they get cloned, come back and kill me.

You have no protection. You can run, call for help or space them.

OOC rules are not a substitute for being good at the game. Just kill that nerd.
Exactly, so why should I have to give them an opportunity to come back in the first place?
Why can't I space them after the first incident?