To ERP or not to ERP

Users can post replies, but only game admins, mods, and forum admins may post topics. Mainly for questions and official discussions

Should ERP Be allowed

Yes, in any setting (Sex crimes punishable by IC security)
25%
Yes, in a private environment (Sex crimes can be punished OOC)
51%
Yes, (With some other stipulation, discuss below)
1%
No, thats gross, go on omegle or some shit (Punishable by a permaban)
5%
No, thats gross, but not a big deal (punishable by a shorter, progressively lengthening by offence ban)
18%

Total votes: 80

WJohnston
Byond Username: WJohnston

Re: To ERP or not to ERP

Post by WJohnston » #108346

Bottom post of the previous page:

I don't think we'd need to push even that much, I think that'd be kind of an expected reaction from the crew.
Apparently I was an director or something.
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #108347

Only if traitors use it to lure victims to their deaths
Skyglazer
Byond Username: Skyglazer

Post by Skyglazer » #108349

kosmos wrote: An0n3's argument before that it was FORCED onto the deadchat and it could make them feel uncomfortable, I'd like to point these people who get uncomfortable to our current Rule 3 (a.k.a. man the fuck up) - OR just make a simple mute-feature for ghosts so the prunes can live in their fantasy world of we're-not-sexual-creatures.
Are there people that don't use the "only see chat/emotes from nearby mobs" prefs as ghosts?
rdght91
Byond Username: Roadhog1

Post by rdght91 » #108351

No, no fuck no. I just want to play a game about crazy space explosions and shit, not fucking watch creepy weaboos do their thing.

The only way I'd accept this is if it made the people who participate instavalid.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #108352

Then... don't watch creepy weaboos do their thing?

Like christ, no one forces you to ghost, then spectate some erper - and unless you enjoy your chat being spammed by the entire fucking server non stop, you won't have your prefs set to see all chat and emotes in the game.
Most people I would assume have it set to local (pretty sure it starts that way by default).
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #108354

the ERP ban was always a stupid shit, i've never ERPed and probably never will and it's still fucking retarded

repeal
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #108360

Quite frankly, I don't think anyone who actually is a sane human being will yell at you if you kill people you catch ERPing.

So regardless of what happens, just murder ERPers, search the logs the next day, find what ckey was linked to their names, and then spread it aaaaallll over singulo, the forums, IRC, and OOC.

That's the best line of defense against ERPers. Public shaming works wonders.
Fr05tByt3
Byond Username: Fr05tByt3

Post by Fr05tByt3 » #108361

iamgoofball wrote:Quite frankly, I don't think anyone who actually is a sane human being will yell at you if you kill people you catch ERPing.

So regardless of what happens, just murder ERPers, search the logs the next day, find what ckey was linked to their names, and then spread it aaaaallll over singulo, the forums, IRC, and OOC.

I agree and think it would be hilarious.

But why do you need a "line of defense against ERPers"?
It honestly seems like the idea of sex makes you uncomfortable and you try to control other people's lives to better suit your own.
420weedscopes
Byond Username: 420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #108378

iamgoofball wrote:Quite frankly, I don't think anyone who actually is a sane human being will yell at you if you kill people you catch ERPing.

doxxing will definitely get you banned
Check out Phoenix Bucket!
TheWiznard wrote:jmad you read a book out loud to no one for two hours
original fanart by TheWiznard http://i.imgur.com/TTd3AFt.jpg
MORE http://i.imgur.com/335AGAS.jpg
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #108379

420weedscopes wrote:

doxxing will definitely get you banned
There's a difference between "here's this person's personal info, home, credit card number, and phone number for their grandmother" and "here's hillarious shit I found in the public logs after running into it myself ingame, laugh at them" and you know it.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #108380

When I had to deal with the shit that occurred as a result of ERP I wanted it removed.

Now that it's not my fucking problem anymore you guys should definitely allow it again.

It's the closest a lot of you are going to come to human contact anyway. You may as well enjoy eachother's company to the fullest extent.

EDIT: I should elaborate some.

ERP only became a problem when it became a protected, sanctioned thing and we had to take our hands of the buttons and stop having fun with it. Creating a safe haven for people to come type out all sorts of ridiculous bullshit between themselves while the rest of the station and admins had to just sit back and experience it sucked. That was the situation we wanted to get rid of entirely.

Bring it back, but also bring back the understanding that doing so will make you valid for all sorts of fuckery again. That was the fun part of it, all the best stories involve someone fucking with ERP'ers in a way that was later banned.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #108385

>players successfully browbeat the admins into letting their erp go unmolested

how did the admins get cucked so badly
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #108386

imblyings wrote:>players successfully browbeat the admins into letting their erp go unmolested

how did the admins get cucked so badly

I don't really know. If I had to guess it was probably one of the more ERP-hungry admins getting mad that the other admins kept throwing meteors at their fuckfriends.

I came back from a hiatus and was greeted with something like "...and oh by the way don't fuck with ERP'ers anymore." That was that.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #108393

oranges wrote:Also any headmin who votes yes has a standing offer of a 100 dollar amazon voucher from me.

edit:higher rates negotiable on request, hit me up on irc
Deal.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
mrpain
Byond Username: Mrpain666

Post by mrpain » #108394

If you want to get your jollies off with a man pretending to be a woman on the internet there are better avenues of doing that than a 2d atmospheric spessman simulator.

But its your time and money, dont let me stop you.
/vg/station Head Admin
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #108399

im ok with erp returning only if erp still makes people valid to the admins.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #108402

Miauw wrote:im ok with erp returning only if erp still makes people valid to the admins.
This.

I'd be happy to role back to where it was before. ERP is fine, but if the admins catch you, and feel like fucking with you, its perfectly fine. Otherwise its free game.

I don't think it should make you valid IC, that just seems really abusable and also pretty nonsensical in terms of RP.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #108420

I actually unbanned ERP for a few rounds in the last couple weeks and God didn't smite us for degeneracy.

ERP will never again be protected though that was fucking stupid. It's permaultravalid. Admins can do whatever they want to a 5x5 tile square in which ERP is taking place.

Also admins should be able to ERP too for reasons totally void of ulterior motives on my part.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #108424

I'm eager to see the return of the Abstinence Corgi and the Evil STD Spirit that shits paralyzing gas everywhere while chasing them through walls.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Tornadium
Byond Username: Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #108430

As long as ERP makes you insta valids sure bring it back.

The tears from breaking that shit up back in the day made it worth it.
Wolfy13
Byond Username: Wolfy13

Post by Wolfy13 » #108450

Legalise it fully on Basil because in lowpop there's nothing else for ghosts to popcorn over (especially with how unrobust s1 tators are), I don't see any point in restricting consentual ERP on any server, because it's hilarious to watch and even funnier when security busts down their door and throws them in the brig.

We have two servers, we may as well distinguish between them.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #108453

Will the headmins actually hold a vote on this, or is it just idle chatter at this point?
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #108457

Wolfy13 wrote:Legalise it fully on Basil because in lowpop there's nothing else for ghosts to popcorn over (especially with how unrobust s1 tators are), I don't see any point in restricting consentual ERP on any server, because it's hilarious to watch and even funnier when security busts down their door and throws them in the brig.

I thought we wanted more people to play on Basil because of the whole map thing.

Doing that will make shit much worse for basil.
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #108459

I just want to point out that there is no privacy in SS13. Ghosts hear everything. The second option is invalid and shouldn't exist.
WJohnston
Byond Username: WJohnston

Post by WJohnston » #108464

Scott wrote:I just want to point out that there is no privacy in SS13. Ghosts hear everything. The second option is invalid and shouldn't exist.
Only if you were COMPLETELY insane and kept both station-wide chatter and station-wide emotes on at all times, where you'll have your chat box spammed so fast you won't have a clue what's happening.

Again, you can totally ignore it by turning those down to local chatter and just IGNORING what they're doing. We're all adults here, we can all choose to ignore what we read or give a shit about.
Apparently I was an director or something.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #108466

Kor wrote:Really though my biggest problem with ERP is there isn't really a way to stop listening to it, because if the ERPers whisper you hear it as a ghost no matter what, and I don't want to read some interactive neckbeard smut when I'm trying to observe SS13.
Scott wrote:I just want to point out that there is no privacy in SS13. Ghosts hear everything. The second option is invalid and shouldn't exist.
Ghost-Whispers toggle is a thing now. You don't have to listen to them if you don't want to.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #108467

Saegrimr wrote:I'm eager to see the return of the Abstinence Corgi and the Evil STD Spirit that shits paralyzing gas everywhere while chasing them through walls.
stay safe std spirit
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #108468

Ikarrus wrote:
Kor wrote:Really though my biggest problem with ERP is there isn't really a way to stop listening to it, because if the ERPers whisper you hear it as a ghost no matter what, and I don't want to read some interactive neckbeard smut when I'm trying to observe SS13.
Ghost-Whispers toggle is a thing now. You don't have to listen to them if you don't want to.
So you HAVE to listen to the ERP If you want to see what is going on during the round after dying.

Yeah no thanks.
rdght91
Byond Username: Roadhog1

Post by rdght91 » #108470

I change my mind, on the sole condition that we can brutally murder fucking erp'ers.

I will fill the gulag with their corpses.
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #108471

No he didn't say that at all.

What?
rdght91 wrote:I change my mind, on the sole condition that we can brutally murder fucking erp'ers.

I will fill the gulag with their corpses.
do that and you can also get fucking banned lol
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #108472

The vast majority seems to want this, griefing ERPers with buttons is fun, and oranges is bribing me so I'll vote yes with Sticky if we

-Remove the rule against ERP, but don't add a rule saying it's allowed. I think ERP in SS13 is a stupid idea (why would you ever want to?) and don't want to officially endorse it, even if I'm not gonna stop you from doing it.

-ERPers are free game for admins to spawn stupid shit on. If there was going to be any limit on this, it'd be "do the bare minimum to make it mildly entertaining, don't just delete/gib them." You can still kill them, just do it with swarms of bees or deadly gas or something instead of a gib.

-Counts as dereliction of duty if security catches you
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #108478

finally corruption achieving something good!

its time for the safe sex kool aid man to redon his suit and bust through walls and blue balls OH YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #108482

I'd like to present to any admin thinking of innovations in the business of fucking with erpers the following word:

"Morphs"
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #108484

I can't think of a good reason why anyone would actually ERP when we have deadchat and public logs, unless they're some kind of memey voyeur. The only thing readding it brings to the table is antag strategies like "Ay gurl, want to feel my tiny prick?~".

The benefit: now you too can be a black widow spider and devour your partner in the dorms.
The downsides: we'll get that reputation as the ERP server again, deadchat/logs will spectate, and there'll be really, really awful ERPers.

Is it worth it?

Edit: How about this? ERP is only allowed if it's well-written.
Last edited by TheNightingale on Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kosmos
Byond Username: Kingofkosmos

Post by kosmos » #108486

This is fucking awesome!

To me it's more about principle than practical use.
If you have a server full of adults murdering, cursing and running around nude, why ban sex. It's all or nothing, this is not some pussy-ass censored tv for kids, we're more hardcore than that and can fucking handle it.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #108490

No. Do this shit somewhere else.

EDIT: Unless it's well written, funny or both.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #108491

It's funny as fuck
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #108498

Hallelujah. ERP'ers are back and going to get fucked with harder than they ever anticipated.

Now bring bat fat sprites. Two great things that go great together (when forced on the participants).
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Nienhaus
Byond Username: Nienhaus2

Post by Nienhaus » #108501

An0n3 wrote:Now bring bat fat sprites. Two great things that go great together (when forced on the participants).
Have fun getting a spriter for that.
I'll take payment.
Hey.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #108502

I'm not really fussed at the idea of people ERPing, but the sheer amount of debate on the topic is weirding me out. Like, how can there be this many people that apparently think it's an essential part of the game? Maybe lots of people will be fucking off to ERP instead of playing. Is that something that bothers me? Well, I think it's strange, and I'm not sure I want it to be encouraged, but that means that I don't want it unbanned or banned, I just don't give a shit, so why wouldn't I vote for the status quo?
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #108503

An0n3 wrote:Hallelujah. ERP'ers are back and going to get fucked with harder than they ever anticipated.

Now bring bat fat sprites. Two great things that go great together (when forced on the participants).

YES. BRING BACK FAT SPRITES. I need to be able play an Ignatius Reilly clone as a useless assistant and morality policeman for the station!

And give us Muumuu Dresses too! ... Hell make it so only fat people can wear them too.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Tokiko2
Byond Username: Tokiko1

Post by Tokiko2 » #108511

Wolfy13 wrote:Legalise it fully on Basil because in lowpop there's nothing else for ghosts to popcorn over (especially with how unrobust s1 tators are), I don't see any point in restricting consentual ERP on any server, because it's hilarious to watch and even funnier when security busts down their door and throws them in the brig.

Lowpop doesn't need their only head/engineer/antag immediatly running off to ERP all round and doing nothing else. If anything, enable it only on Sybil because on highpop it's far less likely to be disruptive to the round and there's far more admins and players to mess with the ERPers.
Ahammer18
Byond Username: Ahammer18

Post by Ahammer18 » #108516

I'll start formally typing up a set of rules revolving around ERP for the headmins to look over
I'm a boy.
Global Moderator
Game Admin
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #108518

Admin celibacy or no?
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #108521

Didn't realize Ahammer was John_Oxford's alt.

Anyway ERP is unbanned go nuts you weirdos.
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #108525

i see what you did there kor

i see what you did and i like it
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #108526

<NikNakFlak> hey korphaeron
<NikNakFlak> did you actually get bribed
<NikNakFlak> ahammer and I had a bet
<NikNakFlak> and I need to know if outside influence had anything to do with it
<KorPhaeron> do you want me to screencap the email
<NikNakFlak> yes
<KorPhaeron> wait no it has the code in it
<Ahammer> Oh so you did
<NikNakFlak> censor the code
<Ahammer> lel
<NikNakFlak> well fuck I entered into a rigged bet I didn't know was rigged and got the tail end of a donkey pie
* NikNakFlak eats his hat.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #108527

Oranges bought ERP from the headministration for 200 bucks.

ERP is now allowed but fully valid to everything
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #108528

OH SHIT ITS UNBANNED
HAHAHAHAHA
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #108529

Stickymayhem wrote:Oranges bought ERP from the headministration for 200 bucks.

ERP is now allowed but fully valid to everything
This is just like real american politics
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
Ahammer18
Byond Username: Ahammer18

Post by Ahammer18 » #108531

So that means it valid to admins and players? Like no punishment for lynching sexy erpers?
I'm a boy.
Global Moderator
Game Admin