Guide to Revolution

(Mainly the wiki)
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Guide to Revolution

Post by Cheimon » #74846

https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Revolution

I see a lot of complaints about how revolution is played. How can the guide be improved to encourage better gameplay? Frankly, how can the guide be improved generally? I see statements like:
Your number one concern, at least until things get moving, is to STAY LOW. Let the converted revolutionaries do the fighting for you. Keep your identity a secret if possible, and only associate with non-revs if need be (or to flash them).
next to statements like
Remember that hiding and making yourself an almost impossible target is poor form, and will usually attract the wrath of the space gods.
in the Head Revolutionaries section, for example. Those statements don't 100% conflict but they come pretty damn close.

How can sec play revolution well and keep it fun for non-sec players? How can revolutionaries keep things fun and avoid an ultimate stalemate? Should people stay low or not? Should people give up their head rev when deconverted? Is it really more important to secure toxins lab than virology?

I could just edit the page myself but I want a discussion on this. I don't think it's a broken game mode, I think when it's played well it can be really fun (and vice versa), but I want to see if we can get any kind of consensus on what a good rev round is to see if we can edit the wiki page to make that more likely.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Re: Guide to Revolution

Post by Scones » #74853

lmao the gamemode is total garbage

it has almost nothing of note mechanically outside of player robustness - take cargo and win, kill the cmo/rd in the first 10 minutes or lose the battle of attrition
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #74864

Scones wrote:lmao the gamemode is total garbage

it has almost nothing of note mechanically outside of player robustness - take cargo and win, kill the cmo/rd in the first 10 minutes or lose the battle of attrition
You don't like the game mode, so we shouldn't try to encourage people to play it in a more fun way? Alright, thanks for the advice.
Tsaricide
Byond Username: Tsaricide

Post by Tsaricide » #74883

I don't think staying low is even close to hiding and being close to impossible.

It means to not attack anyone or break shit, the line is drawn when they go and hide in space or in some disposal bin at the vacant office or xenobio where security will never look.