How to create gas sensors and link them to atmospheric computers?

General SS13 Chat
ThisIsOurLifeNow
Byond Username: DownSyndronater

How to create gas sensors and link them to atmospheric computers?

Post by ThisIsOurLifeNow » #648949

Platform : Tg Station Github

Byond Server : windows 514.1585 installer

Hosted a local private server and i'm the only person playing in it just to see whats up. Also been playing this game for just 2 months and this is my first time ever posting here

So I've been playing around with hypertorus reactor in atmospherics and rather than storing the gases produced from it in cannisters I decided instead to build dedicated chambers for storing them similar to the existing chambers for o2 , n2 and other gases in atmospherics. Here is what the layout looks like now after demolishing and reconstructing
Extended Atmospherics
Extended Atmospherics
As you can see i have created 2 new chambers after the original mix chamber [3 more outside the picture] to store these gases. Currently if i check my atmospherics moniter just above the players head i get no readings as expected it says unconnected
No Readings
No Readings
Now i'm trying to get an atmospheric sensor to detect gases in the chamber an sensor like this one
Oxygen gas sensor
Oxygen gas sensor
This is where all my troubles start. here is what i have tried

1. Researched everything in the R & D Console to look for this component
2. After researching looked for it in the engineering department autolathe and protolathe
3. Looked for it in every wending machine or other similar machines that sells stuff

But i couldn't find it anywhere The only place where i could locate it is using my admin powers and spawn the component using Admin -> Game Panel -> Create Object -> air_sensor

Generic air sensor and other gas sensors below it
Generic air sensor and other gas sensors below it
Obviously this woudnt fly in public server's. And even after spawning it and linking it to my atmospheric computer using the reconnect button i still get other problems such as input/output not detected
Atmospheric moniter after reconnecting to the sensor
Atmospheric moniter after reconnecting to the sensor
So here are my 2 questions

1. How do i create/find an atmospheric gas sensor for any gas?
2. After i do get it how do i link my moniter to the input and output valves as shown in the 1st screen shot?

I don't want to use a map maker or any admin , coding hacks i want to be able to do all of this in game
JusticeGoat
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: JusticeGoat

Re: How to create gas sensors and link them to atmospheric computers?

Post by JusticeGoat » #648973

From what i last remember this is only done via map tools, there are still things players can not make in game yet.
ThisIsOurLifeNow
Byond Username: DownSyndronater

Re: How to create gas sensors and link them to atmospheric computers?

Post by ThisIsOurLifeNow » #649036

I see. I will open up a new post requesting for this feature and a couple of other suggestions i would like to see in game. Hope to get an reply on that post when those features do get implemented