Genetics

(Mainly the wiki)
Zarkhes

Genetics

Post by Zarkhes » #82975

Hi, i started realy enjoy SS13.Some jobs more, some less.But when i tried genetics, i couldnt understand a thing.Usualy i have open wiki https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Guide_to_genetics, but when i spend 45 minutes randomly trying to alter code with no little clue what am i doing.Then on OOC i red that wiki is outdated.

Can somebody post a guide or at least give me basics?It seems realy amazing, and rewarding.Thank you
Supermichael777
Byond Username: Supermichael777

Re: Genetics

Post by Supermichael777 » #83577

On the general principles and theory the wiki is correct however its information on available mutations is dated
Firstly experimentation with a cooperative sentient human can be more useful than humanized monkeys for identifying disabilities due to the feedback humans get when they acquire disabilities. with all the new blocks this is much more useful than it was with old genetics.
also bug your chemist(or a power-gaming scientist you have science access after all) for pentic acid and styptic powder patches as together these will cure the tox damage and purge the radiaton form the subject. the styptic paches are for the side effect of the pentic.
remember that a good mutation block can take upwards of 15 rng rolls to properly manifest depending on how shitty RNGesus feels
remember to bother science for machinery upgrades as the med side of your job is automated, allowing you to focus on becoming the super-powered freak you always wanted to be. (ask the ai to bolt open the door for self sevice)
ask the viro for some non transmisable dnaids if you have to use a huminized monky. transmisable dnads will ruin your fun as it overwrites you dna with random superpower strings and wipes it when cured.
the current powers are x-ray, hulk, invis(buggy and only works in the dark), TK, Temp immunity(worthless now that pressure damage is a thing).
most of the new disability fuck up your voice.
for the med side of your job just keep an eye on the door and drain blood form your "Former patients" before the chef gets them. most people don't give a shit to what happens to the old body after their done with it so save the blood in an appropriately marked bag or beaker(use labeler) note that you will need an analyzer to mark type.
rember that the blocks are a group of three and that only the fist one matters for activation all the others are just things to pulse on the lowest setting to roll the rng.
dont carry dna injectors around because shitcurity will inject you with all of them. if your mutation syringe dosent kill you the rad damage will.
oranges wrote:It's my game, not yours
Never forget the corruption of these halls

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I actually care.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Omar Beail says, "You guys should fuck for my entertainment"
Classy, TG, Classy

OOC: KorPhaeron: Admins aren't allowed to have friends

OOC: Daman997: I HAVE POSTED VIDEOS OF A MAN FUCKING A SNAKE IN OOC GIVE ME THAT LINK PUSSY
An0n3 wrote:Take the same brand of retardation and invert it and you have people saying "It's okay for a game to cost more because I enjoyed it!
Spoiler:
Q: Why does everyone assume I’m a pervert just for wanting to play as a cat girl?
A: Because they’re degenerate cocksuckers who cannot fathom that another person might have pure intentions in wanting to play as the cat girl master race. Their wish fulfillment fetish-tier races like elves, aasimars, goliaths, and hobgoblins are perfectly fine in their mad, lust-filled minds, such that the purity and perfection of cat girls burns at their evil perverted hearts.

Q: Where are the cat boys?
A: I don’t follow.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Re: Genetics

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #84292

Or alternatively, carry DNA injectors with your name, mark them Xray, and bitch to sec when they inject you that the Xray the clown ordered isn't manifesting for you.

Then hope they let you go before trying to roll for xray.

Remember - it's officially valid to misname malicious injectors as long as they're in a secure place and not like, on the medbay desk or something
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕