[Code Bounty] Biological Limb Rejection Syndrome Quirk

How, what and why to code in BYOND.
Foomf
Byond Username: Sacredoats

[Code Bounty] Biological Limb Rejection Syndrome Quirk

Post by Foomf » #691523

I would like there to be a negative quirk that prevents limbs from being attached to someone. Mechanical limbs would still be fine though. With this quirk, if someone loses a limb then they are forced to go to robotics to get a new robot limb.

In practice I envision this looking like a virus called "biological limb rejection syndrome" (or whatever we want to call it) that is acquired whenever a non-prosthetic limb is attached. It would show up as yellow on the health HUDs similar to appendicitis. With this disease, the affected limb starts taking brute damage, and the patient starts taking large amounts of toxin damage until the attached limb is removed. The only way to cure this disease is to remove the offending limb.

It could be interesting if a patient has a 1 in n chance of getting this disease whenever a limb is attached, and the quirk just gives it a 100% chance of happening, but I won't consider that idea as part of this code bounty. I'm just thinking aloud to myself here.

Payment is $25, negotiable. Contact me on discord: sacredoats

This quirk should NOT apply to the head. Heads should still be re-attachable without getting the disease. Otherwise beheading would be perma death basically.
Time-Green
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Time-Green

Re: [Code Bounty] Biological Limb Rejection Syndrome Quirk

Post by Time-Green » #691670

I'm not sure this is major enough to warrant a quirk, body purist does more with also blocking cybernetic implants which is an actual nerf