Making the Post-Rev win shuttle non-recallable.

How, what and why to code in BYOND.
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Making the Post-Rev win shuttle non-recallable.

Post by kinnebian » #693439

After a revolutionary win, the shuttle is automatically called. (https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/68630)

You can imagine this, a bunch of revolutionaries on the ash-ridden bridge, smeared with the captains blood. The intern, stumbling over his words as typical, announces that NT has called the shuttle due to sensors picking up some errant activity.

Now here, typically, the nearest revolutionary quickfingered enough to grab a head ID, recalls the shuttle.
Then they all go back to work. Or well, try to.
Maybe some errant security officers are lurking around in maintenance, not sure if theyre allowed to attack anyone or not and stuck in a limbo of running until the nearest greyshirt decapitates them.
Or maybe, an exiled RD comes back to the station, and nobody is sure if they should kill him or not? The revolution is over, right?

My point is, post-rev victory sucks. Nobody likes it. In fact, theres been a call for its removal from the headmins: viewtopic.php?f=85&t=33860&p=680763&hil ... vs#p680763

I say we should make the automatic post-rev shuttle non-recallable, to put some definite finality in the much despised aftermath of this gamemode.
respect (let him do his thing)
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Re: Making the Post-Rev win shuttle non-recallable.

Post by Timberpoes » #693453

Code change.

Quoting Mothblocks on the Discord:
can someone reply to this post saying i would not allow this PR because i want people to actually remove it instead because changes like this dont solve anyones problem
So a code change with support against it from a headcoder, so I can't even suggest moving this to the coding discussion channel, but I'll do it anyway and then close it since oranges is telling me I need to do more maint work.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Re: Making the Post-Rev win shuttle non-recallable.

Post by Timberpoes » #693454

Hello, Coderpoes here. Mothblocks is very much against this so there's probably little merit in discussing it, especially considering post-revs is on the table for code removal potentially which would solve all these problems.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin