Meatspike consistency with wiki (buff)

How, what and why to code in BYOND.
SmashedFinger
Byond Username: SmashedFinger

Meatspike consistency with wiki (buff)

Post by SmashedFinger » #721776

Hello! Found some information about the meatspike on the wiki that isn't accurate to the game at the moment.
Firstly, the meatspike is listed as something you get "depending on the station" on the Cook wiki page. I have been told that isn't on any maps in rotation, is that correct? If so, maybe that should be removed from the list of equipment.
More importantly, as far as I can tell not being a coder, the meat spike does not affect butchering. This is contrary to the guide to food wiki page that says
You can butcher your simplemobs, monkeys, and even humans (to a less culinary end) more efficiently by putting them on a meatspike. This immobilizes the mob for easy killing, and increases the amount of meat they produce while keeping any organs they may contain intact. (Butchering a simple animal without a meatspike has an individual chance of destroying each organ they would drop; using a meatspike guarantees the organs won't be destroyed.) It also gives them a BIG burst of brute damage. To do this, simply bring the animal to be butchered into your meat freezer, and while you have them grabbed, click one of the meatspikes. After the beast is hung on the spike, simply butcher them as normal and you'll reap your rewards! If you're working a ghetto kitchen, you can make a meatspike frame from metal sheets (use the sheets inhand), and turn it into a proper meatspike by wrenching it down and adding some rods.
Right now, the meatspike 1) deals a large amount of brute damage and 2) immobilizes a target. I think adding additional incentives to build and use it would be smart, because right now it doesn't have enough practical use as a cook when you can just CQC and use your knife/gibber on monkeys or whatever other mob. I don't fully understanding butchering, but maybe you'd want to add a check to see if the butchering target is restrained and with what, and have a modifier or bonus to the effectiveness or products.
Of course, the wiki could simply be edited to remove all this, but this seems like a good piece of equipment to include in a normal cooks arsenal, not just traitor's.
ArcaneDefence
Byond Username: ArcaneDefence

Re: Meatspike consistency with wiki (buff)

Post by ArcaneDefence » #722425

https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Guide_to_c ... ki#Welcome
It's a public resource, just edit the wiki page to better represent the behavior
SmashedFinger
Byond Username: SmashedFinger

Re: Meatspike consistency with wiki (buff)

Post by SmashedFinger » #722448

I'm aware I can change the wiki- before doing that I wanted to bring the Meatspike up here in case changes were to be made to it in game. I actually got a chance to use it today and I really didn't feel like it was worth the effort of using. Granted, the targets (space carp) were already dead- but that's exactly the issue I feel, is it doesn't really serve much practical purpose for butchering. So I do believe a buff like what the wiki describes (increased products or easier butchering) is warranted.
Relatedly, I did identify at least one map where it was there by default, so its mention can stay on the Cook page.