XHUIS' SUMMER THAW EVENT (ended)

How, what and why to code in BYOND.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Re: XHUIS' SUMMER THAW EVENT

Post by bandit » #94285

Bottom post of the previous page:

Xhuis wrote:
bandit wrote:RE-ENTERING DAMMIT: Potted plants that function as dirt/hydro trays for botany.
You can already make dirt out of sandstone. What's the point?
The point is I want people to stride aboard the station to be confronted with death nettles in pots
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #94288

2 tiers of shutters

Lower Tier:
-Essentially a chainlink fence, that is collapsable
-20 metal rods creates a chainlink assembly
-Adding 5 metal sheets to the assembly (Where it is on the floor) creates a open, unbuilt Chain Shutter.
-Adding 10 wire, and 1 airlock electronics board creates a completed shutter
-The shutters are ID locked, the first card to swipe on the shutters is the one to control them
-(When you swipe your ID card on it, all the access levels you have, are transfered to the airlock electronics, so only people with all the access you have, or above, can access the shutters)
-Beating the shutters with a object that is force 10 or above, begins to dent it, between 10-20 hits, the shutters become dented, and cannot be rolled up, but can be repaired with a welder and rods.
-After its dented, beating it another 5-10 times will destroy it, leaving 4-7 metal rods, 2-4 metal sheets, 1-6 wires, and a 50-50 chance of dropping the electronics board.
+Adding 5 plas-steel to it, increases the hits on both the intact and dented status by 3 hits. (Reinforced Status)
+Adding 10 wood planks to it, prevents it from being opened, but increases the hits on both statuses needed by 6 (Barricaded Status)
+Adding 20 metal rods to it, reinforces it, adding a additional hit to both statuses.

Higher Tier: (This is the tier that the kitchen uses for shutters)

20 metal sheets will create a in-movable Shutter Frame
Placing 15 plas-steel, wrenching it, and welding it creates a opened incomplete shutter
Adding 20 wires, a powercell, and a airlock electronics board, then screwdrivering it all, creates a complete shutter.
First ID to swipe gains access, (Copies over access levels, the access levels you have or higher is needed to open)
It takes 20-30 hits with a force 15 object or above, will set it to a dented status, can be repaired with a welder and metal sheets
It takes another 10-15 hits to completely destroy it, dropping 10-15 metal sheets, 5-7 plas-steel, 10-14 wires, a 50% chance of dropping a powercell or a airlock board.
Adding 20 metal sheets to one once its completed reinforces it, requiring a additional 3 hits
Adding 30 Plas-steel makes it un-openable, but requiring a additonal 5 hits
Adding 10 wood to it makes it barricaded, also making it un-openable, requiring another 2 hits

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #94291

The red phone is a zero cooldown way to contact the syndicate or centcom with the messages being audible to everyone next to it. It also comes with a admin button that explodes it to prevent spam.

The array cycling thing makes conversations between centcom/syndicate and people on-station very slow and difficult.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #94319

Bring back healing donk pockets
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #94334

tedward1337 wrote:Bring back healing donk pockets
Donk pockets already have omnizine in them (but only when heated)
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
M0nsoon
Byond Username: ShadowHunterOO

Post by M0nsoon » #94369

Reentering my idea again, and I will reenter the damn thing until it is weiner
Nienhaus
Byond Username: Nienhaus2

Post by Nienhaus » #94401

M0nsoon wrote:Reentering my idea again, and I will reenter the damn thing until it is weiner
I also want to reenter this idea.
Hey.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #94446

Xhuis wrote:Clown PDA uplink was not included because it's snowflakey as fuck and I also can't code it.

RED MALF TILES COMING SOON
I made this a long time ago, you can use it if you still need a sprite (it's just a hue shift on the blue circuit sprite)

(btw here it is in action)
Spoiler:
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Loonikus
Byond Username: Loonicus

Post by Loonikus » #94464

New Syndie Bundle: Fuggin Gommie

-Bolt Action Rifle
-2 clips
-Soviet Uniform
-Ushanka
-Bottle of Vodka
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #94467

Banners.

Get some metal rods/wood + cable or some bollocks to make a banner.
Apply bedsheet of your choice to banner to make it display that.

Great with the heads of staff sheets, or other special ones like wizard etc.
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #94490

Also entered: M0nsoon/Nienhaus
CLOAKS COMING SOON
p.s. I don't know the details of what you want, so please share those.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #94491

I'll send you the DMI once I get back to my computer
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #94509

TechnoAlchemist wrote:I'll send you the DMI once I get back to my computer
If it's an area cloaking device, I might have a hard time making it.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #94510

Xhuis wrote:
TechnoAlchemist wrote:I'll send you the DMI once I get back to my computer
If it's an area cloaking device, I might have a hard time making it.
It's cloaks, as in, the clothing item.
Scones has used the dmi before, and I've snowflaked around with them before, they're a nice addition, there's a sprite for (almost, last I checked) every head.
(yay technoalchemist woot)
私は完璧
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #94513

Yeah Techno should have the most recent dmi; test them before you PR, though, the Captain one was acting up last night (shit i fucked it up)

QM gets a cloak, HoP does not. Good meme!
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #94515

QM gets all of the everythings, is why. Glorious Cargonian Master Race.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
WJohnston
Byond Username: WJohnston

Post by WJohnston » #94530

Being able to unwrench and disassemble pipes that are under atmospheric pressure. It's currently the bane of atmos modification.
Apparently I was an director or something.
Remie Richards
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #94531

WJohnston wrote:Being able to unwrench and disassemble pipes that are under atmospheric pressure. It's currently the bane of atmos modification.
The only way this should be allowed is if that pressure then gets flooded into your face throwing you away from the pipe, because you know, PRESSURE.
私は完璧
WJohnston
Byond Username: WJohnston

Post by WJohnston » #94533

I'm fine with that, at least ALLOW us to open the pipe and face the risk in the same way that cutting a wire without gloves will shock you, or opening a disposals tube may have garbage fly out and hit you. It'd make it at the very least possible to modify them at all, which we can't right now outside of using the RPED and only two of those exist, and ONLY when atmos techs feel like both showing up and actually fixing the problem.
Apparently I was an director or something.
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #94536

i agree, of course if it's 4500~ kpa plasma it should throw you across the room and mash your bones to power, but it's worth it. right now you can effectively ruin atmos by replacing plasma ---> mix with a single straight pipe

LOL ETERNAL PRESSURE GAIN

it's effectively unfixable which is just ridiculous
Celdur
Byond Username: Celdurr

Post by Celdur » #94539

I always felt like open pipes should just leak out what's in them if they're exposed, but I dunno how big of an effect that would have on things.
Maybe an item that would stop a pipe from leaking would make that not a terrible disaster.
Anyway, this is getting off topic.

Re-rolling mask idea again.
Scones

Post by Scones » #94547

re-entering camo device, gotta be a static man
darkpaladin109
Byond Username: Darkpaladin109

Post by darkpaladin109 » #94548

Blowguns that can be made with wood. Can only use blowgun darts, also made with wood. The darts can be dipped in beakers or bottles to make them transfer reagents, if that's at all possible.
If possible, the darts should be ineffective against armor, too?
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #94553

WJohnston wrote:Being able to unwrench and disassemble pipes that are under atmospheric pressure. It's currently the bane of atmos modification.
Remove this one from the rotation, IT IS DONE.
https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/9867
私は完璧
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #94571

More suicide messages for more things!
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #94583

Banners again.

If you're doing more cloaks/capes, thats perfect fodder for putting on banners.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #94586

PKPenguin321 wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:If that really can't be done, then make my entry:
Can drag stools to yourself to pick them up in and use them as weapons for barfights.
>tfw forgot to enter last time
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #94588

Shutters Again, we'll get it one day.
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #94600

TOMORROW IS THE LAST DAY OF THE THAW
GET YOUR SUGGESTIONS IN
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #94602

Throwing knives that can be dipped/ filled with reagents.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #94603

Poker as an Arcade Machine game.
Last edited by iamgoofball on Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #94604

F A S T S P A C E
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #94606

Golem hats
M0nsoon

Post by M0nsoon » #94622

Rollin for my idea
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #94628

TechnoAlchemist wrote:Throwing knives that can be dipped/ filled with reagents.
That should be added to ninja stars as well, so they're less shit.
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #94654

When a clown or a H.O.N.K is gibbed/destroyed instead of gibs/robot parts they explode into banana peels of random potency.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #94666

Burst fire energy weapons
Come on we got burst firing bullet weapons why not a burst disabler or something ? :^)
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #94667

TheWiznard wrote:When a clown or a H.O.N.K is gibbed/destroyed instead of gibs/robot parts they explode into banana peels of random potency.
Putting my vote in for this.
One Seven One
Byond Username: OneSevenOne

Post by One Seven One » #94670

A new box of traitor cigarettes that prevent you from tripping the AI's motion alarms and keeps the AI from tracking you.
OR
A single traitor 'cigarette' that can be clicked on or off. When worn in the mouth slot while on it prevents you from tripping motion alarms.

It could even lower Beepsky's threat level towards you.

This wasn't entirely my idea and I believe it was who ever plays Drink-the-Juice that gave me this idea.
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #94722

Also listed below: M0nsoon, TheWiznard/newfren, kevinz000, One Seven One, Celdur
THE FINAL FEATURE: MORE SUICIDE MESSAGES
Last edited by Xhuis on Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Celdur
Byond Username: Celdurr

Post by Celdur » #94734

That's the second time you left me out.
I am deeply offended.
Scones

Post by Scones » #94736

>people used a roll in the summer thaw for something that would have taken five minutes of their own time
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #94741

Celdur wrote:That's the second time you left me out.
I am deeply offended.
I didn't leave you out. You were one of the people on the list that didn't get into the screenshot.
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #94744

Thanks for doing this this was a fun good idea, good job.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Re: XHUIS' SUMMER THAW EVENT (ended)

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #94788

:D Hooray!
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
M0nsoon

Post by M0nsoon » #94912

Scones wrote:>people used a roll in the summer thaw for something that would have taken five minutes of their own time
bb plz :^)
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #94923

I'll take a crack at the other things mentioned here that didn't make it in
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Post by Bombadil » #95034